It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were The Terrorists Right All Along?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OP i understand your take on this.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

I'm in the UK and for years many people were killed by IRA terrorist bombs and attrocities. However I know people in Ireland who agreed with the effort to get rid of the Brits from the Emerald Isle. Of course the IRA got most of it's funds from Americans who dontaed cash to the cause. This cash was given to Libya who supplied arms and explosives to the IRA so they could blow up Brits.

Who are the terrorists and who are the feeedom fighters in all of that ? More to the point, would you say the Americans funding the IRA were supporting terrorists or freedom fighters ?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Once the 2nd Civil War starts, there will be freedomfighters/terrorists fighting the government/tyrants.

There is two sides to every story, something I know well, but is deeply hard for some to admit!

Again, I ask you to click on the username of someone who says they disagree with what the "terrorists" said about the US government in the video, and read in their own words how they agree with all kinds of topics the "terrorists" spoke about.

I've been doing it for an hour or so, and if I was meaner, I'd start posting quotes.

The best part is, those who have taken the most offense, are the same who's threads are almost all about anti government topics!

[edit on 14-9-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Did you come to this conclusion before or after Obama got elected? And if a Republican got back into office would you turn against this theory you came up with?

Sorry to wonder aloud, but coming to this conclusion only now seems a bit partisan to me.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Frith]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

Did you come to this conclusion before or after Obama got elected? And if a Republican got back into office would you go back to being against this theory you came up with?

NO.

I disagree with almost everything done by Bush, and disagree with almost everything done by Obama to date.

I do not fall into partisan politics as they both have the same goal in mind, power.

Keep the fellow member bashing coming though and changing of topics.

God forbid someone realizes this topic is not about Islam vs Jews.

You guys are doing real good on the disinfo today!!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
The best part is, those who have taken the most offense, are the same who's threads are almost all about anti government topics!

That's exactly what i got out of your OP. I see what you're saying, I don't see you condoning the actions of the terrorists, but MANY people aren't capable of independent thought, AT ALL. The folks you speak of are followers and drones, and are only 'anti-government' when the government is led by the opposite political party, and they have somebody from their party to follow. But, question the government's motives in the mid-east and "god bless america" starts playing in their head and you are suddenly anti-american and a terrorist sympathizer. They're nothing but partisan hacks, not free-thinking patriots.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Errrm have any of you disbelieved something a good friend told you, yeah sure you have, I would guess 99.9% of us have at some time.

OK so why would you believe in what politicians or the msm say over who they portray as a terrorist has to say.......................

Don't let nationalisitc or religious fervour cloud your judgement.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So, basically, what you're saying is that the "terrorists" and some people on this site agree about certain things. You don't want to deviate in any way from that point. So, are you just looking for people to say "I agree" or "I disagree" without commenting on why they may think there is agreement between "terrorists" and people on ats? Ok, I agree.

"Keep the fellow member bashing coming though and changing of topics."
Ummm... you've member bashed, too. In fact, most of the member bashing on this thread seems to come from you.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
So, basically, what you're saying is that the "terrorists" and some people on this site agree about certain things. You don't want to deviate in any way from that point. So, are you just looking for people to say "I agree" or "I disagree" without commenting on why they may think there is agreement between "terrorists" and people on ats? Ok, I agree.

"Keep the fellow member bashing coming though and changing of topics."
Ummm... you've member bashed, too. In fact, most of the member bashing on this thread seems to come from you.

Actually the very first reply to this thread was mocking me with an eye rolling smiley face.

It's non-stop since then.

Or like am I just supposed to sit back and take it, without retaliating, like the terrorists are supposed to do.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by 27jd

Never said anything good about the government.

What I said was that I don't trust anything these assholes say.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it junior.

Right, I don't trust them either, but like you I do agree with some things they say.

Unlike you, I can admit that.

Would you like me to continue posting quotes of you agreeing with some of the topics they brought up from other threads?

There are plenty to choose from.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
So, basically, what you're saying is that the "terrorists" and some people on this site agree about certain things.

Yeah, certain things. Alot of the 'super patriots' on this site, start thread after thread about how corrupt and greedy the federal government is (since obama took office, most were dead silent during bush), and how the government doesn't care about the people of this nation, and how many of them support armed revolution if need be, and even the assassination of our current president because they don't like his policies and want them OUT of their personal lives. The "terrorists" say pretty much the same thing, that the U.S. government is corrupt and self serving, completely uncaring in regards to the people that live in the countries they invade and occupy to secure their interests. They want them OUT of their backyards, and support armed resistance to get them out.

Not all muslims are terrorists, anymore than all christians are. There have been MANY terror attacks carried out in this country by fanatical christians, does that mean EVERY christian man that would take up arms against say, the russians or the chinese, if they ever invaded this country is a terrorist bent on converting the world? You bet the russian or chinese government would say they were, to gain the support of their people and many would follow right along with it, as they do here in the U.S.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I always figured that the CIA were the terrorists, so in fact they are right all along. The CIA are right all along. Think about it, CIA attacks American troops to give an excuse to stay in Iraq, the Iraqis would never dare attack American troops in fear of giving them a good reason to stay in Iraq for many years. Now Obama is pulling troops out and attacks has gone down, which would mean that the Iraqis never does attack Americans, but the CIA instead. Think about it, why are the attacks going down? Perhaps the CIA would instigate more attacks to give Obama to keep troops there since he can't explain why he should keep troops there.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Never said anything good about the government.

I know you haven't, the funny thing is you've offered your life and your soul to them, and so often serve as their mouthpiece, like i said, you're a cheerleader for the very entity you "never said anything good about". What does that say about YOU?

What I said was that I don't trust anything these *snip* say.

Right, because the government you "never said anything good about" told you not to.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it junior.

Not so sure i'd like to smoke glaring hypocrisy, i'd rather stick to wacky tabacky.

edit: edited out quoted profanity

[edit on 14-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
I dont know and as far as I can tell, they are not upset with the People of this nation, but the Govt of it. and thats is scary... and that is why I think the OBL story lives on... after all, I'm not on the same side as Terrorist are. and I think I understand their GamePlan at the point where it will just kill the opposition as enemy combatants, terrorist... this whole thing is faker than a 3 dollar bill... think... why...? why the blood.... why the lies... why... what is so important you would risk the nation over...?

link   

You are one thick headed a hole aren't you.

I do not agree with anything those low life, scumbag terroists say.

Are you purposely ignoring me saying that or are you really a simpleton?

You don't believe that the government is no longer for the American people and that our constitution allows us to regain control?

COME ON... REALLY?!?!

Your previous posts do not reflect that.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Dude, you should direct your statements to someone else. I never once mentioned religion or that all muslims are terrorists. So, either you didn't read what I've written or have your own agenda.
My statement was directed at the OP. I made a simple statement that just because "terrorists" are agreeing with people here doesn't mean they're on the same side. He told me that was NOT what this thread was about. Then I mentioned that it seems that he wants a simple agree or disagree. I agreed. Much of what was said in that video has been said on this site.
Now, next time read what was written before puffing your chest out or trying to start a fight.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

STOP THE OFF TOPIC / INSULTING POSTS

Thank You.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join