It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

UFO 'fleet' over my hometown

page: 1
25
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
just heard about this video which was taken on 22/08/09 in my hometown of newquay, The video was shot by a freind of my sisters and i can assure you that it is 100% genuine.

I know its a bit of a stretch to ask people to put CGI to the back of their minds because this is ATS and i have been here a while and know how sceptical people can be
but i assure you it is most definatly real, any CGI experts are welcome to pick it apart frame by frame.

I just wanted to put it on here so people can see and maybe correlate between another sighting(s) and just because i think its a good video, it has a few points of referance.



any help appreciated




posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
not enough to prove its a "ufo". way too far to tell and their movements dont seem unordinary.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by platipus]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Excellent video, I cant wait to hear what our team of experts have to say about this footage


Thanks for bringing this video to us, I believe that you are being honest and genuine.



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
not enough to prove its a "ufo". way too far to tell and their movements dont seem unordinary.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by platipus]

Not enough to prove its a 'ufo'?

Can you help me identify it then? because for the life of me i cant see the resemblance to planes that i normally see in the sky.

And i have to disagree with you there mate, to me i see the flight patterns as pretty strange i have never seen planes that resemble balls of light that fly in a pretty eratic flight formation like that.

But if you can show me a video from an airshow that looks like this ill eat my trousers


[edit on 30-8-2009 by Reading]

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Reading]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
i don't see anything strange in this video

the lights are normal.
the speed is normal.
all are going in the same direction none of them changed the direction.

anyway thanx for sharing



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Very interesting video! Thanks for posting.


Originally posted by platipus
not enough to prove its a "ufo". way too far to tell and their movements dont seem unordinary.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by platipus]


In my opinion it is a UFO. I’m not able to indentify it and it’s a flying object. So unless you can identify it, you can’t argue that it isn’t a UFO.

I believe the OP is right about it not being CGI. The way in which the camera loses focus and then regains it, makes it seem too real.

I wouldn’t like to take a guess at what the objects are, so hopefully someone more experienced can help.



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE
 


Normal for what ?

Explain your post for me.

Also can you add any relavent qualification's in the field that allow's you to suggest that the light's are normal and that the speed that they travel at is normal.

What have you judged there speed to be ?

Also what has direction change got to do with anything ?

You talk like you seem to know what they are so please inform me via this thread.

I wait for your information packed post with great anticipation.

Thank you.

Take care.

Regards
Lee





[edit on 30-8-2009 by h3akalee]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have seen something similar, wrote about it here. It was one light going faster than the ones in the video (mine was closer by) and not pulsating like some of them.

This is what I wrote:


Thursday 16 July 2009

I was at home in Amsterdam, sitting on my balcony at night. I always look at the sky, one can never know and besides I love to watch the stars. Once in a while there are planes to be seen both far away and close since they are heading for Schiphol.

At about 23:30 I saw yet again a thing:

it was a bright light blob but not a perfect circle, the edges were blurred.
the light it was emitting was yellowish white
relative width about 1 cm
it came from the west and headed for the east quite fast
I had no data to figure out estimated height/width
it had a relative speed of 10 cm/5 seconds (it span a width of 10 cm as seen by me) moving downwards about 10 degrees
it had NOT the typical lights on/off that planes have
it did not move in the trajectory I know planes to use (I have lived here for years now)
it was NOT the ISS ( spaceflight.nasa.gov...)
I could only see it for about 5 seconds as it disappeared behind a tree and houses
I have never seen something like this in my whole life
and no picture as a) my digital camera is a crappy old one somewhere in a drawer and b) it all happened that fast


Weird stuff!



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird
 


Interesting you should say about the yellowish/white orbs, My current girlfreind who i have not been for long recently told me on the beach close to the place this video was taken from she saw several of these orbs 'playing' about in the sky

She then noticed another orb come out of the sea and join the others then they all ascended up into the air.

Interesting story none the less and she has no reason to lie.

Just annoying for me because i have never seen nothing myself, just waiting for the time when i do



BTW nice detailed sighting report thumbs up!

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Reading]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
They look like choppers to me.

But yes, when one cannot identify something by just one look, it remains a ufo.
Sadly, noobs here will always use the word ufo for alien crafts. I can bet half of the people posting in this section don't know what ufo stands for.



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I believe this is indeed a genuine video, but if you look closely, it does seem to be very much wind powered (or slow moving ufos) moving lanterns, following an incline that scales roughly the same for 2 of the objects clearly (watch the relative position to the telegraph pole and you can see the rising gradient over about a minute).

As such the properties shown in this video appears to be that of or resembling Chinese lanterns, which is a pity, because the quality of the tape is good


e.g. pulsating is the candle being blown by wind
e.g. steady rising gradient relative to other nearer objects in frame
e.g. non rapid, non accelerate' & eased in movement, that of say, a lantern in the wind (please, feel free to disagree with me here)

It's a shame, but Thank you so much for sharing this, and I accept there is the possibility this is slow moving UFO fleet. ;-)

A

[edit on 30-8-2009 by 7redorbs]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I suppose UFO balloons are a possibility (see link below). It could explain why they all follow a similar flight path.

www.ufoballoons.co.uk...

Also the picture below shows how the UFO balloon flashes, like in the video. The picture also shows how the balloon gets darker towards the top, this can also be noticed in the video (around 15 seconds).



Just an idea.


EDIT: Apologies for a post very similar to the one above, didn't see your post untill I replied.


[edit on 30/8/2009 by ShawnChapmanATS]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7redorbs
I believe this is indeed a genuine video, but if you look closely, it does seem to be very much wind powered (or slow moving ufos) moving lanterns, following an incline that scales roughly the same for 2 of the objects clearly (watch the relative position to the telegraph pole and you can see the rising gradient over about a minute).

As such the properties shown in this video appears to be that of or resembling Chinese lanterns, which is a pity, because the quality of the tape is good


e.g. pulsating is the candle being blown by wind
e.g. steady rising gradient relative to other nearer objects in frame
e.g. slow moving

It's a shame, but Thank you so much for sharing this, and I accept there is the possibility this is slow moving UFO fleet. ;-)

A


yeah i can see where you are coming from, recently my sister has come and grabbed me from downstairs claiming to have seen a UFO out the window

so i get all excited and run up to see what she is talking about, turns out to be a damn lantern!

For a guy that has never seen a UFO in the real thats a real killjoy!

But i could definatly tell it was a lantern as it had a more reddish tint to it and i could see it flickering although thats the first lantern i have seen i spotted it out straight away due to all the videos i have seen online.

I do not believe these are lanterns but im probably wrong, thanks for a nice post :-)



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Watched the video several times and nothing seems out of the ordinary to me. Do you live around a military base or a civilian airport? Perhaps a life-light staging area?

The video looked like helicopters in a formation that would be conducive for a search. Could be a hot-air balloon liftoff. The speed of the lights indicates something capable of hovering, not a horizontally propelled craft. I can think of alot of things that would explain it without it being alien. Unidentified could be a bird in teh strictest sense of the term, lol!

Research your area. See if there was any training or test flights going on, possibly a man-hunt or multi-city police investigation. Whatever the situation, the objects were making no effort to conceal themselves or go unnoticed. The altitude and velocity would suggest a purposeful flight. The number, distance between, and pattern of flight would suggest a loose formation.



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i don't know.points of light don't ever seem to do much for me.
got to be some structure visible. some points of light are good, when it is
obvious in the footage the lights are attached to a structure. even if struture can not be seen.
points of light could be so many different things. rather than a fleet of
ufos. not really even interesting . sorry.



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
might be ufos but this vid is one in millions...in my opinion its not anything special >.>
i didnt say its faked.



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hi all,

Hey reading. Thanks for posting that vid from new-quay. I cannot make any judgement on that one.
Distant shots are so difficult to analyse, except size, colour & movement specifics.

Decoy

edit: word changes (decoy)

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Decoy]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
Watched the video several times and nothing seems out of the ordinary to me. Do you live around a military base or a civilian airport? Perhaps a life-light staging area?

The video looked like helicopters in a formation that would be conducive for a search. Could be a hot-air balloon liftoff. The speed of the lights indicates something capable of hovering, not a horizontally propelled craft. I can think of alot of things that would explain it without it being alien. Unidentified could be a bird in teh strictest sense of the term, lol!

Research your area. See if there was any training or test flights going on, possibly a man-hunt or multi-city police investigation. Whatever the situation, the objects were making no effort to conceal themselves or go unnoticed. The altitude and velocity would suggest a purposeful flight. The number, distance between, and pattern of flight would suggest a loose formation.


First of all, nobody (as I’m aware) is suggesting its alien. As you rightly said, there many other, more plausible explanations to what these objects are. After all it is far more likely (in any UFO case) for the objects in question to be terrestrial, rather than extra-terrestrial.

As you can probably tell, I’m no expert but I would have to question the helicopter theory. Would a helicopter flying at night not have more than just, what appears to be, a single light?



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
They look like choppers to me.

But yes, when one cannot identify something by just one look, it remains a ufo.
Sadly, noobs here will always use the word ufo for alien crafts. I can bet half of the people posting in this section don't know what ufo stands for.


Yes, they are moving too slow. My guess is that the helicopters are flying
at about 150 MPH. UFOs fly a lot faster than that.
We need to see a DELTA maneuver in order to be classified as an
advanced spacecraft/ UFO.



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
i don't know.points of light don't ever seem to do much for me.
got to be some structure visible. some points of light are good, when it is
obvious in the footage the lights are attached to a structure. even if struture can not be seen.
points of light could be so many different things. rather than a fleet of ufos.. not really even interesting . sorry.


We have already established that they are UFOs, for the moment, because we can’t identify them.

[edit on 30/8/2009 by ShawnChapmanATS]




top topics



 
25
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join