It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO 'fleet' over my hometown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Choppers.

Navigation Lights.

Good video, though. Had me going for about 30 seconds.

Good eye, OP, don't give up, you may get something really ufo-ish yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Starred.

Quite a few. Possibly helicopters but keep at it you may yet get something.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
First off:

Their speed is far in excess of any lantern I've seen.

I laughed for a solid five minutes. Thank you!

Second. Simple fact of the matter is, that without a second, clearer, more defined video of the source of these lights, everything we've got is conjecture. I think they look like whirly-birds, but my wife thinks they look like lemon pies. Don't ask me, I've given up trying to understand that woman.

Were there any other witnesses or other sources of footage? Perhaps pictures? Have you talked to your neighbors or gone to the presumed location of the flyover?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Here, this might help:

The ^Owl^ Club

Though I 'should' be wrong.

And Sacajawea was her name.

If you believe this, then my name is Beeshwaaa.

And this was my 'mound'.

Curr-A-Hee

But then again, I could be wrong.....or just 'clever'?

Time to head out for the Night.....it's Just Begun!

"Hooked on a Feeling" said it well.
Welcome or Wel-Kome?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Greetings Ready,

I counted 10 Objects as I was viewing the video footage .

Was any sound heard from the distant when you were video taping?

If no sound was heard it rules out helicopters ,some believe in could be Lanterns a remote possibility .

Some of us can at least call it UFOs because some have not concluded yet what they are .

Any local ufo investigative groups in you're area show them the video and let them investigate it if possible.

S&F

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

if this is anywhere near the vicinity of tyneside, chances are they're chinese lanterns...

Paper lanterns spark UFO report

Reports of bright orange lights over the night sky on Tyneside were sparked by illuminated paper lanterns being released in a park, police said.

Witnesses reported seeing clusters of lights speeding through the sky from the Gateshead area on Saturday night.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
They are actually chinese lanterns, or balloons, you can see how the sun is setting in the background, shining on the lanterns or balloons, giving them an even brighter appearence. You can also hear the wind blowing quite a bit in the video. The lanterns or balloons are following a jet stream pattern aloft of where the winds are more heavier. Theres nothing to this, as a matter of fact seen the same thing the other evening in my backyard playing with my dog, didn't thing nothing of it, or my dog.

Keep them coming, love the entertainment, especially the ones saying "OH MY GOD, THATS A UFO MAN." No disrespect, and can understand why it might look suspicious to the untrained eye.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Mr_XIM]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
They are quite simply Chinese lanterns.

Vitals 10 point Chinese lantern check list

1 - All moving at the same speed.

2 - Same direction.

3 - Roughly floating along the same path.

4 - Orange / Yellow light at the bottom.

5 - Set off in bunch's sometimes.

6 - A couple of feet in size.

7 - Characteristic flicker.

8 - Length of the video under 2 mins for each light.

7 - Never change direction.

8 - Vertical speed relative to horizontal speed (the faster its going horizontally the slower it moves vertically).

9 - Silent.

10 - No further than 2000ft from the cam.

These things don't have an average speed
they move the same speed as the air current they are flying in.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cmdraleon

When dark clouds 'don't move in the mist of their essence; Houston, we've got a lift-off.

There were 'two' storms on either side of the condo of which is a 'naturally' impossible. I enjoyed the show though the lack of lightening was a bit of a surprise. I suppose ^ must be "Content"?

Yes, it was very entertaining and my Mother especially enjoyed the UFO for it was her 'first' one to date.

Wonder where she's been. It was worth it just to see the look on her face as she spoke of 'such' things.

It's been 'nice' thereafter.
Need I say, beam me up Scotty or should I even have to ask?
I suppose that would be the question of a 'lifetime'.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Excellent Video..

These "Lighted Balls" are showing up everywhere.. It's crazy. If anyone saw UFO Hunters episode on Area 51.. They set up a 3 day continuies video record, and they caught something like this coming down to the base at dusk. My guess is there some sort of Anti gravity ship.. What puzzeles me is why it's lit up all the time?? The US wouldn't want it glowing orange like that.. it makes no sense..
People have zoomed way up on these suckers and they look like a light flying around.. even close up..

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solidus Green eye
reply to post by sharps

Okay first off all, you can't see what the wind conditions are in the distance in this vid. Also its very possible that there are different layers of cold and warm air.. especially in the evening, so why isn't it possible for the object to be forwarded by the wind... in fact, its very possible.

And then your next point..it isn't a lantern because they appear to be darker?
I have seen lantern design at festivals with a really non-transparent paper structure, they also have them with mirrors on them..very cool in the summer evening.

Okay first off I said there appeared to be little or no wind at ground level. Yes?

1. Lack of movement of trees and telephone wires suggests no wind at ground level. 1 to me ?

2. I stated that the higher clouds in the distance were slow moving. This is because for 2.5 minutes they did not move and that they looked like cirrusstratus as opposed altostratus because they were not moving. 2 to me?

3. Contrary to what you suggest, I deliberately made no mention of the air inbetween the ground and the high clouds for the very reason that there can be much going on unseen and in different directions. 3 to me?

4. I made no mention of these objects Not being driven by wind. So why you would think I said it was 'impossible'? 4 to me?

5. Next you said "then your next point..." Sorry it was the earlier point. Your making this too easy. 5 to me? please take the time to read posts before commenting on them.

6. Your next point is the most wrong of all. You claim I said 'it isn't a lantern because they are darker." Excuse me but I find it offensive when people misrepresent what I have said or written. The quote is :

"They do not appear to be chinese lanterns because the top half of the first 2 are clearly darker than the background sky (not just a little less bright)."

Thats a massive difference! Notice the words 'do not appear', also they are darker than the evening sky, even black, and from the shape and look of the first two objects there is no light reflected or otherwise on the top half. The light appears (there's that word again why don't you look it up) to be shining out from the bottom half of the object. So that's got to be at least 6-0 to me.

Read what I wrote not what you think I wrote. With an attitude like yours of making false statements about other posters, you might as well put me down for 'Foe' and 'Ignore'.

My own opinion is that the most likely explanation for these lights is that they are helicopters. However that in itself is interesting because it's not often you see large groups of choppers in British airspace. If they are choppers in my opinion they have to be military, but that then begs the argument why aren't they out in afghanistan where we have such a shortage of them.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
They look like choppers to me.

Really? I didn't see any helicopter rotor blades. All i saw were lights in the sky.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
To be honest
they look like planes to me...then again, planes have the blinking red light on them so, could be something else. It IS a "UFO", per se, since we cannot identify it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliengurl

Even I don't see any blades. Its just that their movement is like that.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The objects all seem to be at a typical cruise speed of a high-altitude aircraft.The clouds are seem to be below them on several occasions, and the estimated speed of the craft match that of a H.A. plane , peed is average of 350 mph (sorry for the wrong unit but I don't feel like converting it to knots)

They are most likely not a helicopter due to the altitude, most choppers are low altitude unless situation requires elevation increase.

The lights are somewhat clearer and brighter than that of a typical large aircraft. This can be explained by the clear sky or the fact tat there is a major commercial airport in the area, in which commercial planes will stay in the area until cleared for landing; a busy tower could lead to several planes circling.

I am 95% sure that these are large aircraft, either commercial or military, but they are not a UFO craft that is alien related.

Cornwall Airport

747 Spec

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Bearsa113609]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You can see the balloons or what ever is holding the lights up during the first minute of the video if you hit full screen.

They also took this just as the sun went down as they needed it to be dark enough to see the lights but not so dark you can't see the houses they tried so hard to get in the video.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Here is a wind chart for the past 30 days as from 30.8.09.

www.newquayweather.com...

At -8 days (i.e. the day in question) the average wind speed is recorded as approx 5 knots.

If we assume gusting occurs to approx 40% more than the average, then the maximum wind speed was approx 7 knots.

Those objects appear to be moving faster than that.

That would tend to steer things towards the "chopper" argument.

My guess is that it's choppers from RAF Base St Mawgan / Newquay Airport at Newquay.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
A UFO without a doubt, its unidentified , its flying and its an object ,that makes it a ufo, maybe it is chinese lanterns ,but until we get more info its unidentified.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
99% sure they're not choppers or airplanes . . . i'm fairly certain that unless within a war zone, all aircraft must have blinking lights. those lights do not appear to be blinking at all in that video . . .

their apparent altitude is not consistent with choppers either Bearsa113609
. . . the lowest one is around 8,000 feet. and the others appear to be higher than 12,000. You can figure their altitudes based on the types of clouds they are passing above/through/under and also by "guessing" their size. If they are helicopter sized, they are flying a bit higher than normal.

MAYBE Chinese lanterns. Though, they seem to be traveling a bit fast for lanterns. As previously shown, the wind speed doesn't add up for lanterns either . . .

[edit on 8/31/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hmm, that is pretty odd It doesnt really look like airplanes or whatnot. Maybe its satalites seen from space?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join