It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO 'fleet' over my hometown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7redorbs
How about a chinese lantern

farm4.static.flickr.com...

I believe Chinese lanterns are still a possibility.

OR

It could be that it’s easy option to say Chinese lanterns are responsible for this UFO sighting.

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Reading

They look like helicopters or airplanes with their landing lights on.

Granted, I can't identify the exact type of aircraft they are (so I suppose they are technically "UFOs"), but there is no reason to believe they are anything but normal aircraft doing normal things.

As for helicopters, I take the point someone made in response to me questioning the lights, which was that from a distance the different lights may look to blend into one flashing light. However I can’t understand why there is no noise from them, the objects look close enough that they would be audible.

[edit on 31/8/2009 by ShawnChapmanATS]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShawnChapmanATS
...As for helicopters, I take the point someone made in response to me questioning the lights, which was that from a distance the different lights may look to blend into one flashing light. However I can’t understand why there is no noise from them, the objects look close enough that they would be audible...

The OP never said the objects did not make a sound, and the microphone on the camera would not necessarily pick up the sound of a distant aircraft. The OP's reason for not thinking they were normal aircraft was not the lack of sound (i.e., he never mentioned a lack of sound), but the lack of blinking lights...

...As for the lights, an aircraft landing light is a non-blinking very bright white light. The landing light on aircraft usually "drown out" any blinking lights. The same for a spotlight on a helicopter.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I understand what you’re saying, but I find it difficult to accept, because helicopters regularly fly past my house (I live close to a small airport). I cannot liken any of my sightings of helicopters to the UFOs in the video.

That’s only my opinion though, you may well be correct with your theory.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
These are Chinese lanterns, it sounds as if the OP actually says that himself on the video. They are well below cloud cover. Any helicopter at that view would also have navigation and strobe lights showing.The camera is following them across left to right so they are not head-on to the camera, so if helicopters or planes, nav lights and strobes would be easily visible at some stage.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
thanks to the OP he did get a star and flag from me

People need to consider these could be lanterns and _get it_ then we can keep looking for smoking guns

Please keep searching Reading, I really look forward to you catching these again, and maybe you will be closer, or be able to rule out the Chinese Lanterns definitively, and then sir you will be congratulated for being both vigilant and persistent

Wishing you luck in the future, if you live in the UK why not take a trip with your camera to Avebury in Wiltshire, the barge inn is an excellent destination.

A

[edit on 1-9-2009 by 7redorbs]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I want to ask, how many crafts can be going and stop mid air/change speed and then keep going, like one of them did? In my opinion, thats what gives the video credability just my opinion though. I will admit though hard to say what they could be, because they could always be ANYTHING...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

I re-watched the video a couple of times, and I didn't see one stop and then change speed...can you please tell me the time mark in the video that you saw this happen?

[edit on 9/1/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by agentofchaos

I re-watched the video a couple of times, and I didn't see one stop and then change speed...can you please tell me the time mark in the video that you saw this happen?

I thought that when i read the aforementioned post, heh, just hadn't got round to reviewing it a few more times

A

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yeah there was a UFO Fleet over my town awhile ago

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 7redorbs

thanks for the kind message, keep your eyes up

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sorry to debunk, but the truth is all thats important. This is the Red Arrows flying back from Bournemouthe Airshow.
This is the same pattern they had when leaving Dorset heading west, but spread further apart in the video. (Obviously they don't fly home in tight formation !)

They also did a display in Fowey Royal Regatta (Cornwall) a few days earlier (20th Aug), Weymouth the day before, and Devon the day before that. So the video could have been taken on any of those days even if the reported date is incorrect.

Neph

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NephalimRA

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/49e596f6700caec2.jpg[/atsimg]

This map shows directions from Bournemouth to RAF Scampton (where the red arrows are based). It’s from Google maps and so uses roads and not flight paths, but still seems out of there way to fly to Newquay, unless they had a reason to be there. In the video the objects look reasonably close.

Please correct me, if I’m wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sorry, take no notice of above post, the red arrows didn’t return to there base. The following are the display dates from there website:

20 - Fowey Royal Regatta, Cornwall
21 - Bournemouth Air Festival, Dorset
22 - Bournemouth Air Festival, Dorset
23 - Bournemouth Air Festival, Dorset
23 - Roskilde Air show, Denmark

The closest place, to be seen from Newquay, would be Cornwall on 20th. As the video is from the 22nd, it seems the red arrows were at Bournemouth the day before and the day after. Does anyone know how far they would fly at the air show? As Bournemouth is 168 miles from Newquay.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Also the Red Arrows are "jets" which are fast, and loud! so i doubt this is the red arrows. If they are the red arrows i will stand corrected but i have seen them quite a few times and this does not resemble them in any way.

I would also like to see a screen shot or a time frame of when one of the LIGHTS stops and starts again. Thanks

Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
As most of the displays before Bournemouth were in the south west, they wouldn't have flown back home. Especially as they were back at bournemouth the next day.

From the direction they are going chances are that they were staying in Bristol. So the video would show them coming up toward the bristol channel to join the flight path. This would explain the full (constant) landing lights.
Due to the aviation noise abatement laws, this would be out to sea. As mentioned jets are noisy at close range, however the Hawk trainer is quiet compared to other jet 'fighter' aircraft. At low cruise speed and at a distance of some miles (5 Nmiles+ judging from the vid) there would be virtually no noise until the rear of the engine was facing the viewer (which doesn't happen on the vid). This backwash would be low frequency sound and it would not be posible to judge the true direction it came from, also the camera probably wouldn't have picked it up with a standard condensing mic.

One point I forgot, there is 9 'Ufo's' in the vid and 9 red arrows. (There may have been a 10th Arrow at bournemouth (unconfirmed)may have been another display plane that joined the fly home out of bournemouth airspace then split)

Also taking into consideration that the red arrows were not the only planes at Bournemouth that day and the ongoing Civil aircraft in the area. Taking a Jolly...Ahem....'Justifiable detour' around the coast makes perfect sense. It is also routine for the red arrows to skirt around the edge rather than cross the dense Civil lanes and overfly towns for safety and sound reasons.

You could also add to the mix that there was training manouvers in Wiltshire to the north. Traffic from Heathrow, Gatwick, Southhampton to the east and also live firing at the ranges to the west. So following the coast round the south west then up to Bristol is the best route.

Neph

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NephalimRA

Nice post; seemed to explain everything.

However I’m not expert, so I wait to see what others say about your theory.

EDIT to add: I have a family member who used to be in the red arrows, so if the OP wants I could contact him to see what he makes of the video.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by ShawnChapmanATS]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join