It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO 'fleet' over my hometown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

How many more of these lanterns are going to be let off into the night sky?

They probably got there mates to buy some lanterns, organised a time for them to let them go and to co-ordinate with the person who has the video camera and then go some miles away to release them.... there are too many fakers out there trying to pull this lantern thing off........

Please bring some real ufo footage to the table as it becomes a bore watching lanterns fly.......

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by Reading

if this is anywhere near the vicinity of tyneside, chances are they're chinese lanterns...

Paper lanterns spark UFO report

Reports of bright orange lights over the night sky on Tyneside were sparked by illuminated paper lanterns being released in a park, police said.

Witnesses reported seeing clusters of lights speeding through the sky from the Gateshead area on Saturday night.
news.bbc.co.uk...

No this is no where near tyneside, that is in the north-east of england, Newquay is in the south-west of england, they still remind me of the mexico ufo fleet from the military. They have the same shape. people are saying they are flying to steady to be unidentified craft, but look at the mexico footage, they fly at the same speed and dont make any rash manouvers either, but nobody is de-bunking that footage are they???

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This video reminded me of what I saw, but the thing I saw was a solid light blob. And it was silent. It was flying in a very distintive way, no drifting,

I also saw in the video the black things and beneath the lights. These lights don't appear to be shining downwards. What are these big lights for then? It could be lantarns, but can't we look that up? Is there not permit neccessary for lift off of these things? Like for when having a wedding or so.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
We have to remember one point of interest,

Newquay Airport is within the area of the video being recorded. Flight paths need to be monitored and documented before anyone can declare these unidentified.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I appreciate the different viewpoints here but in all honesty that dont seem like helicopters like me.

First of all helicopters and planes are required to have blinking lights are they not?

Secondly i have lived here for four years and i have yet to see helicopters like these flying about, In fact the only helicopters i have seen are rescue choppers when people manage to get themselves lost or stranded.

And as for RAF st mawgan it has been shut down for a while now i think, at one point it was one of the biggest in the uk but it was shutdown a couple years ago or at least downsized, it was in the local paper but i cant seem to find nothing about it online

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The video indicates that it was shot into the western sky during the evening of Saturday 22 August at around 8.00pm. The prevailing wind in Newquay is from the south-west. Though most of Newquay itself is sheltered in a valley.

If these lights were glo-lanterns, they would be coming from the direction of the Holywell Bay Holiday Park or Golf Club on higher ground to the south-west . There were quite a few social events in the Holywell area on that evening.

Basically, the lights were all following the local wind coming off the eastern Altlantic - and from an area where there would have been much outdoor celebration at the height of the holiday season on a fine evening.

Then again, it could have been a fleet of alien craft following the wind in order to save a little fuel during the financial crisis.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Adamus]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Okay first off I said there appeared to be little or no wind at ground level. Yes?

1. Lack of movement of trees and telephone wires suggests no wind at ground level. 1 to me ?

Yes indeed no wind at ground level..but do telephone wires catch a lot of wind?. And its impossible to see what the wind conditions are in the distance - the location of the balloons - There could be other wind conditions over there.

2. I stated that the higher clouds in the distance were slow moving. This is because for 2.5 minutes they did not move and that they looked like cirrusstratus as opposed altostratus because they were not moving. 2 to me?

Clouds are high, much higher than these lanterns, and often in high altitudes there are different wind conditions. I have been in places where there was no wind at ground level, but 60 meters higher there was a lot of wind.
Meaning that you can't read the wind condition just by looking at the clouds, or the signs at ground level.

The best indicator for the wind, are those thing that 'appear' (lol) to be blown in to a direction by the wind. First they come up due to rising hot air in the lantern, then they catch a higher gust of wind and off they go.

3. Contrary to what you suggest, I deliberately made no mention of the air inbetween the ground and the high clouds for the very reason that there can be much going on unseen and in different directions. 3 to me?

Yes, so why do you state that there appears to be NO wind? ..isn't there some much going on unseen..especially at such a distance?

4. I made no mention of these objects Not being driven by wind. So why you would think I said it was 'impossible'? 4 to me?

You didn't say it was impossible, and I am not claiming you said it was impossible.
I'm throwing up a question in an assuming way, not a claim.

5. Next you said "then your next point..." Sorry it was the earlier point. Your making this too easy. 5 to me? please take the time to read posts before commenting on them.

My fault.

6. Your next point is the most wrong of all. You claim I said 'it isn't a lantern because they are darker." Excuse me but I find it offensive when people misrepresent what I have said or written.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. You're 'appear' to be giving the 'chopper' explanation the upper hand. Thus making me suggest, you discard the lantern explanation.

I respect your opinion.

Interesting question tho, why choppers would be here when they are so much needed in Afghanistan. Maybe training or home based defense groups.

But I'll stick with the lanterns.

4-2 on me

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Some excellent points by everyone, there is a possibility of a bi-planes in formation? very low... the possibility of helicopters, non standard helicopters or lanterns. So far there is no smoking gun proof of what this could be, so as mentioned by someone else the objects could be classified as 'UFO'.. excuse my innocent until proven guilty approach

I think it would be vigilant to phone your local base or aviation authority and check for flights in the area of the time of recording whilst you and your friends still remember the date.. because god i wish i wrote down the date of my orb experience, just so i could check the even more erroneous things like say twz

my 2 cents i guess

A

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Hi Reading,
good video but I honestly dont think you have anything unusual there.

Their flight path and general appearance screams lanterns to me.
The "weather" wind speeds posted for that day earlier on in the thread mean nothing as wind speeds given in weather forecasts generally only apply to winds upto 100 metres altitude. Above this the winds can be much faster as their is no friction & therefore turbulence caused by earth structures.

I do not think they are civillian helicopters as the "position lights" would be flashing at a constant rate (either red or white) and you would have heard that umistakable noise of the thumping of the rotors. Anyway, when was the last time anyone saw that many civillian helicopters together?

Evening air traffic at Newquay airport is very light ....

www.newquaycornwallairport.com...

I counted at least nine objects in your short video so I do not think they are connected with the airport.

You have got the Navy base at Devonport quite close and the commando bases also in Plymouth but I thought military helicopters only show convoy lights when on exercises. I may be wrong but my money is on lanterns.

Thanks for posting and I hope you can get to the bottom of this

PEACE,
RK

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solidus Green eye

Solid young chappie, your arguments still misrepresent what I have said and what I have meant by what I said. I really think you would be wise to educate yourself out of your ignorance before making such posts.

I am glad you enjoyed seeing lanterns at festivals, I do to. In fact on the weekend in question I was in the same part of the world as Newquay at the Beautiful Days Festival. There are many of us who like to set off these lanterns at this festival as well as the other 4 that I go to each year. so I am very familiar with them. If you are, then you would know they don't like high winds. At said festival the other week someone tried setting one off in a breeze, the lantern didn't like it and toppled over. The top half of the lantern was affected by the breeze but the weightier bottom half was not. Catastrophe nearly ensued as the lantern failed to rise and instead sweeped across the crowd almost setting fire to peoples heads. There was panic and gasps and people fended it off with their hands as the lantern itself caught fire. Luckily disaster was averted as it bounced off a tent and shattered into a tree setting that on fire.

I think you should review this pertinent post and all the others that agree with what i said about wind conditions, distance, height etc.

Originally posted by Sam60
Here is a wind chart for the past 30 days as from 30.8.09.

www.newquayweather.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/025b3200ced7.jpg[/atsimg]

At -8 days (i.e. the day in question) the average wind speed is recorded as approx 5 knots.

If we assume gusting occurs to approx 40% more than the average, then the maximum wind speed was approx 7 knots.

Those objects appear to be moving faster than that.

That would tend to steer things towards the "chopper" argument.

My guess is that it's choppers from RAF Base St Mawgan / Newquay Airport at Newquay.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d32d48f0f1a.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Sam60]

That's the last I'm going to say on the matter with you, as you will now be on ignore. I realise this will be quite helpful for you in misrepresenting my posts because I will not see them and therefore not be able to correct you. Please go for it young lad and enjoy. When you are a little older perhaps you will learn how to interpret the English Language as well as creating posts that stand up to scrutiny.

Peace and love.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by sharps]

EDITS: to unsuccessfully correct the format, and problems with quotes. This post is a reply to solid quoting Sam60

[edit on 31-8-2009 by sharps] grrr...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
ITS JUST A WEATHER BALOON!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sharps

Ah and again you also misinterpret my post. Which may indeed be the cause of my lack of good English. With HIGH winds I meant winds up high, not strong winds.

Thanx for the offense btw. Calling me a young chappie, and degrading me to the ignorant kid? Is that your way of saying ''I don't like you''...?
What an adult way of doing so...especially with the peace and love tag line

Cya

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Solidus Green eye]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Folks, let's settle down a moment. I don't mean to hijack your thread, OP, but let's focus on the thread itself for a moment. There are a lot of folks that are having a problem with ATS these days. This, specifically, is the reason I finally joined and began participating. People are being uncivil and unbending, rude, and exhibiting behaviour that is the bane of everything ATS stands for. In my opinion, that is.

When we look at the OP's vid, we all see something different. Very few people have actually discussed it. They've imparted opinion and left it at that. I've gone over the video several times and I can see the resemblance to helicopters AND chinese lanterns. As such, when the opinion was tossed out there, I wanted to get more into THAT idea and it deserves more credibility than I wanted to give it. The HEART of ATS still beats strong. People researched the area to find information that would back up certain theories. Which to me, is the core of what's done on this site. Please don't lose your objectivity.

www.youtube.com...
(Blah, must now learn to embed youtube vids...

This has been a fun thread for me and a learning experience! But I do have a question. Almost every UFO thread on ATS has been explained by the Chinese Lantern theory. Perhaps the System has invaded ATS itself and the members are now cover-up operatives LOL! Where'd all the Chinese Lantern experts come from and why are there so many releases for no apparent reason?

In this video, however, I can now see the similarities. Search Youtube for Chinese Lantern releases and you'll see the similarities as well.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Arrowmancer]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
that's not evidence u just moving the cam around!

.. look it looks more like orbs then ufo

[edit on 31-8-2009 by 2Unknown]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer

This has been a fun thread for me and a learning experience! But I do have a question. Almost every UFO thread on ATS has been explained by the Chinese Lantern theory. Perhaps the System has invaded ATS itself and the members are now cover-up operatives LOL! Where'd all the Chinese Lantern experts come from and why are there so many releases for no apparent reason?

In this video, however, I can now see the similarities. Search Youtube for Chinese Lantern releases and you'll see the similarities as well.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Arrowmancer]

I bow to you for your point about remaining objective, this is very important to me. Given I was the first person on the thread to point out the possibility of lanterns, I'd like to quickly confirm I am no agent , i'm quite friendly

It is worth noting, I wasn't the first person to mention 'chinese lanterns' the gentleman on the video recording it, says it himself, and we are far from a smoking gun, as interesting as the footage is, there isn't too much that can be drawn from it, as yet..

I would like to be proven wrong , very much, so please, do!

A

[edit on 31-8-2009 by 7redorbs]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Camel hound
ITS JUST A WEATHER BALOON!!!

What do you base that answer on? Please expand. Also, if you have any pictures of weather balloons that look like the UFOs in the video, I would love to see them so we can compare.

As for everyone else, some great comments!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Camel hound

Sorry, I can’t see the resemblance.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How about a chinese lantern

farm4.static.flickr.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

They look like helicopters or airplanes with their landing lights on.

Granted, I can't identify the exact type of aircraft they are (so I suppose they are technically "UFOs"), but there is no reason to believe they are anything but normal aircraft doing normal things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join