It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart, CVS, Best Buy Ditch Glenn Beck (Plus Five More Companies)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have to give a certain respect to the Obama machine.

He and his have called in the union machine, the ACORN machine, and whatever other little groups, and probably were able to send these companies thousands of complaints and threats to these companies that may elect to advertise on the Glenn Beck show.

Normally, these companies don't get that many complaints - certainly not thousands - over any particular show.

So they react.

But they ignore the ratings.

If Beck were truly that unrealistic and unpopular, his ratings would reflect that - but the ratings DON'T reflect that.

Just suits avoiding controversy, suits who have never taken a stand except on the bottom line, suits who would cave in to any group larger than fifty, suits who basically wear their shorts backwards for efficiency and of preference.

I don't think Beck will note any difference.

And I certainly don't think with his ratings he even gives a damn.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

His knowledge of history is spot on. I'm not saying he is without error but he is smart when it comes to history and politics. The guy is a book worm.

I know this because I read allot about history, I'm obsessed with it. Most of what he is saying is friggin true blue, wake up. Research for yourself.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

I know this because I read allot about history, I'm obsessed with it. Most of what he is saying is friggin true blue, wake up. Research for yourself.

And who wrote the books? Whose version of history does he follow. If he learned from history why is he such a war monger?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Dear lord DR, how much into history can he be if he can't remember what he said about the American healthcare system just last year.

In any case, I never accused him of being stupid ...

He's smart enough to figure out what to say that will make him the most money.

Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Originally posted by pavil
It's a free country, go ahead and get people to not advertise with whoever you want. However don't bitch and moan when it happens to people you support/like. Good luck, you are going to need it.

And the response will be soooo predictable if/when that happens:

"Organized Mob Rule!!"

reply to post by Majestic23

Originally posted by Majestic23
Do you have anything to suggest Walmarts banning of video games isnt relative to an argument concearning Walmart and freedom of expression?

I'll be glad to answer that question, if you form yours correctly first:

What does WalMart banning video games have to do with your freedom of expression?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Let me play devils advocate..
Can you prove that he is not a racist? I'm afraid you cant because only he knows that.

For the record I don't agree with everything Beck says but his knowledge of the history of our country is entertaining to listen to.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Wal-Mart - Only go there when I can stand the crowd. It usually thins out about 1 am.

Best Buy - Yeah, right, only if I have to have it now and can't find it anywhere else.

CVS - Always been a joke since I first spotted these guys in Jersey.

Travelocity - What? Waste money on a trip? Maybe piss away a few hundred dollars to be treated like livestock on an airliner? TSA poking through my records or personal life? Rummaging through my stuff? F' them.

Allergan - Who?

Ally Bank - How long till these guys go insolvent?

Broadview Security - No thanks, these guys (under their previous name) couldn't prevent my house from being ransacked when I was out of town.

Re-Bath - I'm a guy. A bathroom has one purpose. Not really the place for a soiree.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I guess that ruins all creditability for Glen Beck huh? Now you have a reason to disregard everything he says, you can mark that off your list now.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I'll be glad to answer that question, if you form yours correctly first:

What does WalMart banning video games have to do with your freedom of expression?

In other words you cant answer the question? You didnt really think about what you were writing and you came out with a programmed response just like the other guy who had some trouble fathoming out a basic concept like "the company that rakes in the most sales chooses to decide what it wants its customers to be able to buy from them effects freedom of expression" so you came out with that pithy nonesense.

Something you are not used to came up and you are unable to see how it applies to this situation.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Can you prove that he is not a racist? I'm afraid you cant because only he knows that.

Woo Woo. What a challenge.

OK since his mother was Caucasian and his father was African (black) he is of equally mixed descent. Which "half" do you suppose is racist?

At the very least, he could not be 100% could he?

[edit on 18-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I guess that ruins all creditability for Glen Beck huh? Now you have a reason to disregard everything he says, you can mark that off your list now.

Yeah, that's what tipped me, cause he was sooo together till that happened.

Listen, I don't watch any of those msm channels, call me crazy
bit I like to formulate my own opinions and not have them spoon-fed to me by the talking heads.

But that's just me.

Anyhoot, I'm sure Mr. Beck will be just fine, at least if this thread is any indication. You know the old adage ...

No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.*

[edit on 18 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Woo Woo. What a challenge.

OK since his mother was Caucasian and his father was African (black) he is of equally mixed descent. Which "half" do you suppose is racist?

He'd be Kinda Konfused?

I'm just sayin' ya know.

[edit on 8·18·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
I think its entirely possible that Glenn Beck is getting close to the truth of what is behind Obama, the Democratic party, and thier affiliates..
If all the connections Beck has made are untrue, I would assume one entity or another would be sueing him..I havent found one..
I would explore the idea that maybe these companies are pulling thier ads, because someone or some group is strong arming them to do so...
Hummmm..sounds like something the Obama admin. would do..
Obama Adm. strong arming companies??..Never in a million years..

[edit on 18-8-2009 by MissysWorld]

You are so right, on this being so obvious what is happening and you can

take it to the bank second thought do not take it to any government owned

bank. Ruthless tactics and do not put anything passed them and the more

powerful Beck's message the more they push and pull. All this time we

thought obama was just a communisty organizer. ^Y^

[edit on 18-8-2009 by amari]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

If you could arrange a few nouns and verbs into a cohesive thought comprising a sentence or two, I would be pleased to respond.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Listen, I don't watch any of those msm channels, call me crazy
bit I like to formulate my own opinions and not have them spoon-fed to me by the talking heads.

But that's just me.

I watch some MSM, those that makes sense. When any one of them goes of into lalalala land like a land of milk and honey and unicorns and gov't health care; I start the closer evaluation.

I won't tell you what to do, but, I wouldn't tune out any voice; the one that is consistently reasonable and informative gets my attention and holds it. Beck's comment wasn't out of line. Except by California's standards.

Stop looking at anyone for Jesus-like perfection because you won't find it. As my dad always said, IF you did find a perfect person again, they'd hang him/her on a cross.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/530908ace071.jpg[/atsimg]

We he should be thankful.

[edit on 8·18·09 by DrMattMaddix]

[edit on 8·19·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

If you could arrange a few nouns and verbs into a cohesive thought comprising a sentence or two, I would be pleased to respond.

Thanks.

I'm not into debate much at all. I'm just offensive (and amusing). I address many ideas as compactly as I can... running the subjects together. Close friends and I can talk five subjects at a time never missing a beat.

Nothing personal, but I've noticed that you have such absolute focused singular structure in your writing... I can understand your frustration. No apologies. We're all different.

BTW: I hate typing and I don't have dictation software.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

I watch MSM that makes some sense.

Really think about what you just said right there. I'm honestly not being facetious, but that right there is a trap.

When any one of them goes of into lalalala land like a land of milk and honey and unicorns and gov't health care; I start the closer evaluation.

Exactly what I was referring to above. Not about the topic of healthcare in particular, more about seeking external validation for one's thoughts.

I won't tell you what to do, but, I wouldn't tune out any voice...

I'm here am I not?

What I seek for when I seek news is just that. I do not want or need anyone to put them "in context" for me or to explain them to me. I don't want it to be fair, or balanced, or good, or anything ... I just want to know what happened and use my admittedly limited mental prowess to evaluate it and reconcile it with my conscience.

Stop looking at anyone for Jesus-like perfection because you won't find it. As my dad always said, IF you did find a perfect person again, they'd hang him/her on a cross.

I find it really interesting that so many of you think I am an Obama supporter. But as I have often said, independent thought begs solitude, as both sides of the coin are sure to resent you.

Again, none of this is really about the topic of the OP ... Beck lost some sponsors, he'll soon get others.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

Originally posted by Majestic23
In other words you cant answer the question? You didnt really think about what you were writing and you came out with a programmed response just like the other guy who had some trouble fathoming out a basic concept like "the company that rakes in the most sales chooses to decide what it wants its customers to be able to buy from them effects freedom of expression" so you came out with that pithy nonesense.

Something you are not used to came up and you are unable to see how it applies to this situation.

I repeat: What does WalMart banning R-rated video games have to do with freedom of expression?

You are the one that made that statement; now please tell me how your freedom of expression has been harmed by WalMart?

As far as being able to answer your question, I think that if I try really really hard I *might* be able to answer it. It will be difficult for me; I'm not used to debating. I'm a very shy and quiet person by nature. And you..you seem so confident that it kinda scares me. Plus you ask such killer questions. But I promise to give it my best shot.

OK?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Sure he could. Haven't you ever seen Dave Chappelle play the blind black guy who is a white supremist?

There are plenty of whites who wish they were black, and vice versa.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I bet Walmart is still selling his book.

Line two..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join