It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart, CVS, Best Buy Ditch Glenn Beck (Plus Five More Companies)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Not who owns it.

Look who is calling the shots. Who is REALLY calling the shots.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Alot of people in here support capitalism and a free market society, but it seems like they only support it when they agree with it. This is a product of it, these corporations can choose who they want and don't want to socialize with, if you have a problem with it then talk to Obama and go play on his team.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They sponsor his TV show, not the radio show.

Re-bath is a specialty bathroom renovator, the do tubs and such.

Really thisguy you have to get away from the reloading bench and LIVE a little.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Want Jerry Springer poltics? Watch MSNBC.

Amen, sister!!! I heard Olbermann describe himself as a journalist and I almost ruptured myself ROFLMAO.

On a more liberal note, how many trees must die so Olbermann can throw papers at the camera?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7

Want Jerry Springer poltics? Watch MSNBC.

Amen, sister!!! I heard Olbermann describe himself as a journalist and I almost ruptured myself ROFLMAO.

He should have never left espn ...

I don't know why you guys watch any of this msm nonsense.

btw J is a manly man.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Dear Lemon Fresh:

First you respond with your (finger quotes) deep, dark mysterious message (end finger quotes):

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Look at the source of the cutting of funds. Look to see who the decision makers of these companies' are associated with. There you will find your answers.

Then I respond with "shareholders" since most of the companies are publicly traded.

Then you reply:

Not who owns it.

Look who is calling the shots. Who is REALLY calling the shots.

If you weren't so focused on attempting to be so cryptic and clandestine you'd just come out and make your point.

Are you not aware that in a capitalist society the heads of corporations are beholden to stockholders? Have you ever attended a shareholder meeting?

Companies that sell products, goods and services rely on advertising to drive sales while maintaing a positive corporate image in the eyes of consumers. There is value in the perception of being good corporate citizens, but it pales in comparison to generating profit via sales to satisfy stock value for shareholders. Corp Execs live and die by that axiom.

If you think there is some connection or sound reasoning with the heads of 20 or so companies who have chosen to pull their advertising dollars at the risk of losing market share, please state your case.

Reminds me of The Black Knight.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

I hate Glenn Beck and think he is a NWO shill, but is this not an attempt to get him fired because of his stance on subjects, thereby restricting his free speech?

They are pulling their ads because they don't like what he says right?

Are these companies going to potentially lose out on something if people side with him on an issue?

It just dawned on me that these Mega-Corporations can do this to anyone if they wanted to, pull their ads, put it in the news, and try to get them fired.

Your thoughts?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It has nothing to do with who the people side with. It has to do with who Glenn Beck sided with. (The People.)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If you want to let these companies know how you feel about this decision, this website has a list and hot links to send messages to all the companies.

*snip*

Mod Edit : removed link

Mod Note: 1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation

[edit on 8/18/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Th line between government and corporations blur...such as defense contracts and big pharma...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

YOu really think shareholders call the shots?

Keep drinking your koolaid.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm like you. I'd rather see something besides msnbc or huffington as a source-

www.dailyfinance.com...

I'l also want to find something besides fox.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've read every post in this thread and I still cannot see what the issue is.

Beck said some things that offended the left. The left puts pressure on Beck's advertisers to drop him. They drop him.

Beck can continue to say what he wants (free speech). The advertisers can make up their own minds whether or not to pay for slots on his show (freedom of expression). Arianna and her coven can continue to put pressure on advertisers (free speech).

Beck supporters can write to the advertisers and pressure them to endorse Beck (free speech).

The only thing in this thread that is misplaced are the ad hominem attacks on Beck himself. Oh, and the video game thing.

Now, if the White House were behind this, then there would be a problem. And it would not surprise me if they were, given Obama's history of naming names of those who disagree with him on national TV.

If someone wants to start a thread about whether Obama has issues with whitey, now that would be an interesting, and seperate, thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

YOu really think shareholders call the shots?

It is obvious you don't own stock nor the inner workings of a corporation.

Keep drinking your koolaid.

Actually, I like Cherry.

Worthy of note, Kraft foods (who owns Kool Aid) is a publicly traded company.

www.nyse.com...

pwnd

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Really! Why is it anytime someone stands up for Americans they get black balled or labeled as crazy. Lets just run off all of the Ron Paul's and Glenn Becks of the country and see what we are left with.

The things he is telling us about are crazy and hard to grasp but that does not make him crazy. Some people just don't want to know or hear about the things that are happening around them. They would rather just stay with the herd and think how they are told to think.

There are news channels that spew crap 24/7 that are controlled by TPTB but when someone starts telling the truth ,hold the train!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Really! Why is it anytime someone stands up for Americans they get black balled or labeled as crazy. Lets just run off all of the Ron Paul's and Glenn Becks of the country and see what we are left with.

Oh dear ...

Please tell me you didn't just compare Ron Paul to Glen Beck did you?

Because:

Beck was contented with dismissing Dr. Ron Paul as "crazy" and wondering "How did this guy get on stage?"

www.lewrockwell.com...

So ...

Which is it?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No, I did not compare them. I know they are different but they each do some things that cause people to call them crazy or loony.

At the same time in their own ways they are trying to do something for the people.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's a free country, go ahead and get people to not advertise with whoever you want. However don't bitch and moan when it happens to people you support/like. Good luck, you are going to need it.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The only thing in this thread that is misplaced are the ad hominem attacks on Beck himself. Oh, and the video game thing.

Why exactly are those things misplaced then?

Do you have anything to suggest everyone calling him crazy isnt relative to him being kicked off the air ? Do you have anything to suggest Walmarts banning of video games isnt relative to an argument concearning Walmart and freedom of expression?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Well, I've never called RP crazy, simply because it is my opinion that he is not. Glen called him crazy, so perhaps you should direct your commentary to him.

Glen on the other hand ...

But it's not based on his politics because he has none. He changes his mind whichever way ratings and the wind blows. Plus I honestly believe the man has real psychological issues.

But lumping them in any way or form is a HUGE disservice to Paul.

[edit on 18 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Why is it anytime someone stands up for Americans they get black balled...

Whoa, back the truck up.

How is labeling the President as racist (unfounded claim) standing up for Americans?

Who else was "black balled?"

Mr. Beck claimed the President doesn't like white people.

(75% of US population)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join