It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart, CVS, Best Buy Ditch Glenn Beck (Plus Five More Companies)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Without going off into an over analytical rant... I didn't presume that you are Obama supporter or not, SDog.

I could care less. My point is that I've even watched Rachel Maddow and have concluded that MOST of her spiel is BS.

Here's my point: I'm glad that so many people are tuned into Beck. Primarily because they are learning about how corrupt gov't is ... at all levels.

They are human. The politicians and the talking heads (no offense to the Reptilian believers.)

All the news is delivered via someone. Just like pure truth, it demands validation, even from the most 'honest' sources. Even the purest source may put some spin on it.

Are you going to ignore/deny a bonus or an extra break at work because you thought it wasn't ethical. If you claim that you aren't a liar then you are, most certainly.

A man that is honest with himself can see very clearly. I like to think that I am honest to and true to myself on everything. I do that so I can see through the rhetoric of life.

Now, As to whether I can convey that 'gut feeling' like Obama can, to others, that's a different story... (did you catch that?)

Facts sometimes can have nothing to do with it. Some great leaders decide on guts & luck.

Crap, I over analyzed.

SDog:
Try to watch some MSM... They are your enemy? If so , it's best to know what they are up to? no?

(Personally, I can only take so much of them)

Thanks!

[edit on 8·18·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Glenn Beck: What the Media Refuses to Tell You About Rahm Emanuel

www.youtube.com...

Beck is getting to close,and this is the last I have seen of Beck.

Then there is this,

David Axelrod's Very Big Problem

hughhewitt.townhall.com...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009
David Axelrod's Very Big Problem
Posted by: Hugh Hewitt at 6:27 PM

The allegations in this Bloomberg story --if true-- pose a huge problem for a senior advisor to the president, David Axelrod. This is the heart of the problem:

Axelrod was president and sole shareholder of AKPD from 1985 until he sold his interest after Obama’s victory, government records show. The firm owes Axelrod $2 million, which it’s due to pay in installments beginning Dec. 31. Axelrod’s son, Michael, still works there. He didn’t return a phone call. The firm’s Web site continues to feature David Axelrod’s work on the Obama campaign. (Emphasis added.)

The problem is that Axelrod's former firm is currently receiving huge fees "from Healthy Economy Now, a coalition that includes the Washington-based Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America, known as PhRMA," as well as AARP, the SEIU and other big players in the health care debate.

If Axelrod has been negotiating any part of any deal involving any of these players which are funneling money to the firm that owes him money, or if he is advising the president on the deals with any of these groups, that's a conflict of interest. Laundering the money through a "coalition" doesn't remove the conflict much less the appearance of impropriety. The coalition is in effect partially funding David Axelrod's severance package though its members might have done so unknowingly. These forthcoming payments to Axelrod are much more significant than the sort of "retained ties" that Democrats blasted Dick Cheney for vis-a-vis Halliburton even though there was no high level negotiations between the vice president and his former company.

David Axelrod has some tough questions to answer, and according to Politico's Mike Allen, Politico's Ken Vogel will be publishing more on matters Axelrodian tomorrow. (Thetranscript of my interview with Allen will be posted here later tonight.) Vogel's story on Axelrod's son from a few days back casts doubt on the Bloomberg story's accuracy as Bloomberg has Axelrod's son still at Axelrod's old firm, but Vogel has him at The Huffington Post.

If it was Karl Rove in a similar set of circumstances, the blogs and some in MSM would already be demanding a special prosecutor. There are lots of questions for Mr. Axelrod, the first one being whether the Bloomberg story is accurate. if the answer is "yes," the second will be: "Have you lawyered up?"

UPDATE: Ken Vogel just confirmed that his story in tomorrow's Politico delves into this issue and that Axelrod did not respond to Vogel's e-mail on the subject, though he has done so in the past. The transcript of the Vogel interview will also be up later tonight at the transcripts page.

Vogel also informed me that Axelrod has two sons, one of whom does indeed continue to work at his dad's old firm which is powered up on health care debate dollars.

UPDATE 2: Senator Jon Kyl just expressed surprise when I told him the outline of the story and, without prompting, suggested as I have above that if Karl Rove had been discovered to be in the same situation as David Axelrod, the hounds would be in the hunt already. Of course, this is the Obama-smitten MSM, so it remains to be seen whether any of them start asking the obvious questions. The transcript of my conversation with Senator Kyl will be posted later at the Transcripts page.

And who do you think runs “ColorOfChange.Org”?

[edit on 103131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here is the transcript,

www.foxnews.com...

A Look at Chicago-Style Politics

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Great posts, StormDancer!

The corruption is staggering....

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Since you don't like GB..go ahead and log on to cars.gov and see what happens..go ahead..i'll wait....

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
No offense but anyone who supports big corporations like BestBuy, CVS, or Wal-Mart is ignorant and mindless. Everyone knows how ridiculous especially Wal-Mart is.

I'm not an avid supporter of beck or even a listener of his radio program but I've caught his news t.v. show occasionally. I don't see what the huss is about. The mans actually doing you all a favor by trying to expose how sneaky the government is. I have none of his books, dont religiously watch his show, or even really care but the point of the matter is- you want to go so far as to take him off the air for voicing his opinion? Thats one of our freedoms we we're founded on. Freedom of speech.

Sure he acts like a lunatic and gets quite preachy but compared to MSM he's a more valid source than anyone on t.v. (thats saying a lot because no-one gets accurate news from t.v.)

I think some of you are entranced in total idiot-mode. Besides- if this man cant voice his opinion and everyone wants him removed- then whats the point of freedom of speech? What about Rush limbaugh? or any other news anchor/news source. You are all hypocrites secretly you must be tuning into some form of MSM if only for a moment each day or even Alex Jones. You're getting your info from someone, somewhere. Whose to say if its right, wrong, insane, or sane. I'd rather see the plug pulled on Bill O'reilly frankly. That man has more hate and intolerance and is just an arrogant imbecile.

I honestly don't get some of you...Your doing big corporations dirty work for them. How about you spend that time calling your senators/congressmen/and government officals and complaining about the unemployment rate and unsustainable debt rather than an obscene t.v. show host.

I can't believe this is a top news story too- makes me realize why I never sign onto this site anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The swine flu comes to mind,

According to The Associated Press, the drug industry's trade group PhRMA (the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America) and the drug company Pfizer "reported spending more money than other health care organizations on lobbying in the second quarter of this year" - $6.2 million from PhRMA, $5.6 million from Pfizer. "Including its latest report, PhRMA has now spent $13.1 million lobbying so far this year. Pfizer has reported $11.7 million in lobbying expenses for 2009."

One of the most powerful players in health care is a group called the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, or PhRMA. It represents just 32 brand-name drug companies, but it has so much influence that when Congress passes a bill, PhRMA almost always gets its way. One big reason why: PhRMA and its members have spent millions of dollars lobbying Congress as lawmakers work to overhaul health care.www.npr.org...

ahrcanum.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The Mega-Corporations certainly do have too much power but even they have to answer to the almighty dollar. Or at least as long as they have competitors for their marketshare they do.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Check this out

healthcare.nationaljournal.com...

Billy Tauzin, President and CEO, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America

As part of the preparation for the swine flu crisis, Rx Response -- an unprecedented partnership created to help ensure the continued flow of medicines in public health emergencies -- has been placed on "Alert Status." Rx Response members are closely monitoring the influenza cases in the United States and working with local, state and federal officials to make sure the nation's pharmaceutical supply chain continues to operate efficiently.

Besides PhRMA, Rx Response members include the American Hospital Association, American Red Cross, National Association of Chain Drug Stores, National Community Pharmacists Association, Healthcare Distribution Management Association, Biotechnology Industry Organization and the Generic Pharmaceutical Association.

Rx Response, a single point of contact for the entire pharmaceutical supply system, has been in touch with federal and state crisis managers over the past several days to share information about the system's flu response capabilities.

hmmmm that's interesting,

[edit on 113131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Great posts, StormDancer!

The corruption is staggering....

TY, I hope I didn't go overboard,

www.bloomberg.com...

Hiring Obama’s campaign advisers makes sense, said Julius Hobson, a senior policy adviser in the Washington office of the St. Louis-based law firm, Bryan Cave LLP.

“If you’re in support of the president, then you use the people he used,” said Hobson, 61, who teaches a graduate course in lobbying at George Washington University in Washington.

Coalition

HEN’s other members, according to its Web site, are the AARP, the biggest advocacy organization for retirees; the Advanced Medical Technology Association; the Business Roundtable; Families USA; the Service Employees International Union, all based in Washington, and the American Medical Association based in Chicago. PhRMA represents 28 drugmakers, including New York-based Pfizer Inc. and London-based GlaxoSmithKline Plc.

Larry Grisolano, a partner at AKPD, said his firm and GMMB are splitting the fees on the $12 million campaign, though neither firm would specify its take. In an e-mail, Margolis declined to comment.

Grisolano said an interview that the firm’s history with Obama made it “kind of a logical place to go” for the health- plan ad work.

“We were one of the president’s ad firms, and so we have familiarity with how he spoke about health care during the campaign, what his viewpoints were on health care during the campaign,” he said. “And so I think if you’re interested in reform, we bring some valuable insight in that regard.”

Firms’ Fees

Last year, the Obama campaign paid $2.77 million in consulting fees to AKPD and $340.53 million to GMMB to produce and place ads, Federal Election Commission records show. Firms such as GMMB typically receive a low-to-mid single-digit percentage of ad spending as their fee for an account of that size, said Glenn Totten, a Democratic political consultant.

Politico reporter Kenneth Vogel on Obama assistant David Axelrod's apparent conflict of interest in the health care debate

hughhewitt.townhall.com...

[edit on 113131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Overboard? No...you didn't go overboard...

Last year, the Obama campaign paid $2.77 million in consulting fees to AKPD and $340.53 million to GMMB to produce and place ads, Federal Election Commission records show.

$340 million for advertising....and the bill has been paid...

Imagine the campaign contributions necessary to produce that kind of money...

Imagine the deals one must make, the people one becomes indebted to, beholden to, to get those kinds of contributions...

We little people don't stand a chance.

I think I'm gonna go jump out a window now...(j/k)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I guess I'll know what companies to put on my boycott list then. It cuts both ways baby. I just love the way the commissars of the left can't bear the thought of someone having an opposing viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Yea I felt kinda sick myself after I read all of that,

groan

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When you have high ratings, advertisers will pay big bucks to get in the slot. If Wal-Mart and others opt out, it will take two seconds to fill their spot. It's all about making money, greed, etc. "It's just business."

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I don't agree with everything Beck says and he has a tendency to blow things out of proportion. He flip flops too, but hey everyone does. It seems after the crash of 08 and the bailouts & TARP, he's changed a little. Maybe he realized something wasn't right. Now his show is typically entertaining and informative. It's not hard to see why he has had such an increase in ratings. He dislikes both parties and has uncovered some interesting information about many topics.
Whether the companies are being strong armed I have no idea but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were. Why aren't they pulling support from other hosts like Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by asmall89]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Companies have every right to distance themselves from what they deem potentially damaging to their profits or public image. They want nothing to do with what Beck is saying and they have every right to stop funding him. Quite simply, he's become toxic to them.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
CVS is a horrible company. My store was bought out by CVS and are in the process of converting now...we all hate it, they've cut our hours bigtime, increased the workload, and we only get a 2% raise once a year...I was due a raise and got my Bachelors Degree right around the time we switched and found out I won't get anything but 2% on my hire date, which isn't until November!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I don't know about this.. I always get the feeling that Glenn Beck is really just an asshole with nothing much to say to anybody. I guess if he has a radio show, a spot on CNN, and a fair amount of viewers, even just his ranting and douche talk gets a tad close to speaking the truth. Maybe the higher ups together, which would probably include CNN and Wal-Mart under one control, decided they don't want to risk him saying too much. Maybe they are hoping to boot him from CNN in the end.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Dear lord DR, how much into history can he be if he can't remember what he said about the American healthcare system just last year.

I'll answer this one for you. If you didn't follow him on CNN HLN, you wouldn't have known about his horrific experience at the hospital. Here's a clip from when he was on Good Morning America, being interviewed by Robin.

The man went through a very bad time and experience. He considers health care kept private (without gov't overhaul) to be left private. He's all about getting the "care" side of healthcare back in the hospitals.

And now, look at the trash he exposed at the Texas town hall meeting with Sheila Jackson and her planted "fake" doctor! Plus the exposure of Zeke Emmanuel, the President's medical health advisor and his idea on "Death Panels"... yes Sarah Palin was right! And I'm not a republican....

I happen to be a fan of Glenn Beck. Like many, I don't agree with all of his stuff... like his views on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but he is exposing the media, government, and giving a voice to middle america with some of his "specials" like last week's "Death to Small Businesses" special. He had an audience of nothing but small business owners voicing their opinions on government healthcare.

And to be fair about just what his relationship is with Ron Paul, I give you a few clips of his support (though not full support).

Sounds to me like Beck agrees with Paul for the most part. Oh, and here's a recent clip from a segment with Rand Paul, Ron's son who is running for Senate in Kentucky. They have a mutual agreement with each other.

The man is on our side! Like an earlier post said, it's just taken him a while to wake up to the truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
errr. has anyone actually "verified" what advertisers have actually left the show? seriously? or have the "buys" for that week/month/etc run out?

Has anyone directly spoken to walmart or anyone to verify? How about a statement from the companies stating they are dropping and why.......

there is not a single "media" news story about anyone actually dropping beck. think that strange?

there are such stories about dobbs and how lefties are trying to kill him off.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by heliosprime]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join