It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart, CVS, Best Buy Ditch Glenn Beck (Plus Five More Companies)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Walmart just wants that healthcare to pass so they can put all their employees on government health insurance and continue to rake in huge profits.

I'm sure if Beck and walmart are ever on the same side of the issue in the future, Walmart will again run ads on his show.

It's all about politics and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I sometimes think folk of a more conservative persuasion do themselves a disfavor by raggin' on msnbc ..

But NBC makes it sooooooooooo easy!
Case in point - NBC is (allegedly) hawking pro-Obama goods. see thread here . That'll really bring people in to watch their 'news' shows .. won't it? No worry about bias or agenda there!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

This is exactly what is behind the moves. The Apollo Alliance is the worst thing we have ever seen. They are getting control of way too much in the name of being "fair and caring". BS
These are Radicals of the worst kind. The libral kind. Competely twisted and a HiJacking of our Republic.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Walmart just wants that healthcare to pass so they can put all their employees on government health insurance and continue to rake in huge profits.

Wait, I'm confusered, I thought the bill was bad for business.

reply to post by FlyersFan

Honestly FF I couldn't tell ya ...

I haven't watched any of those channels in years, and even then I think I only looked at msnbc once.

Though I have to say, I do have a bit of a mancrush on Brian Williams ... he's dreamy.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Bad for small business, great for some big business.

Pay attention!

70% of all jobs created in the last 10 years were from small business.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Argh, not that again ...

www.washingtonpost.com...

The more you know ...

Anyhoot, not really the thread for it.

And there's really no need to do mental somersaults to explain away why Walmart and the others are ditching Glen ... he's plain batpoop crazy.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Are you guys crazy? 5 flags is all this has raised..... It seems lately that if the story isn't about UFO's, banning firearms or 9/11, the OP doesn't get the due he/she is deserved.

S&F for bringing this up!

Obama and his rag tag army of wanna-be street thugs have been learning how to play politics firsthand from the Chicago style "pay to play", fight dirty style. Chicago is nothing but a bunch of scam artists who play fast and dirty to knock any of their opponents out of the race. Instead of beating their opponents with facts and intelligence, good ole style "gansta" street thugs are at play. The same thing is coming through with every aspect of this administration's policies and day-to-day actions. I am sure the same is going on here and for those corps to pull their ads from GB show just makes me want to protest with my wallet even more.

BHO can't be out as prez soon enough.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I decided to check Wikipedia for info on Sobran, and found this:

One such comment was that the New York Times "really ought to change its name to Holocaust Update."

I'm not saying I agree with him 100% of the time on every issue, but he's head and shoulders sharper than any TV commentator I'm aware of currently. He loses me with his stance on an issue or two, but here's an example of some of his writing.

He also writes extensively on Edward DeVere, the Earl of Oxford being the true author of the works of Shakespeare. He makes a compelling case.

All I'm suggesting is to not throw the baby out with the bathwater, i.e. "one such comment". He's ruffled some feathers for sure, but he's a profound thinker and has a lot of great material to contemplate.

[edit on 8/18/09 by MrDesolate]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think the elitests drastically underestimated the willingness of those "red meat eatting, bible thumping, gun loving" Americans to lay down and accept der Leader's word as gospel.

I spit on BHO.

If only the MSM which BHO controls (look at the numbers of key MSM players have left the MSM to be rewarded jobs with the wh) would begin to raise up and provide the citizens a fair, open view of what is going on, there wouldn't be so much madness going on at the townhalls (or maybe we would see more!) We wouldn't see people bringing guns to protests. We wouldn't have programs that ask you to tattle on your neighbor to der Leader if someone says something mean about him or disagrees with the gov's policies.

It wasn't that long ago that Mike Savage was banned from England for being considered a speaker of hate. GB is another victim and I hope he fights back. Hopefully 2010 is when we can get these blind, BHO following sheeple out of congress and begin getting rid of the other dead weight.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Overall, twenty advertisers have now ended their support of Beck. We're going to keep the pressure on Beck's remaining advertisers this week, and we'll let you know how you can help.

Don't like what you hear? Have a problem? Get it shut down! It's so much easier to remove it than confront it with data.

Yes I am defending Glenn Beck because there is a right to free speech in this nation. And it seems to me like there are concerted efforts to shut down free speech in this country. People know not the damage they do.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The quote says that they object to Beck using "hate language" for calling Obama a racist.

Funny how conservatives get accused of using hate speach no matter what they say.

An obvious liberal comspiracy.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
...........A great many of you conservative Americans call the free speech card now. Where were you when the conservative White House was tearing up your Amendmants, where were you when Walmart stomped on freedom of expression by not letting R rated games in their stores?

Its a strange state of events for an outsider to watch. To see how the tables turn at the whim of the powers that be.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You know that sounds good on paper. But the fact is, your right to free speech is violated only when the government is doing the violating. Private entities can suppress whatever they'd like. No one is required to give someone else a podium.

I think this is working just the way it should. Beck has the right to pursue opportunity to yak it up. Other people have the right to bring whatever legal pressure to bear (lobby - is that a bad word?) to shut him up, or at least attempt to deny him the venue which is supported by advertisers.

Now if some Washington wonk tried to have him officially silenced, that would be an issue.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23........A great many of you conservative Americans call the free speech card now. Where were you when Walmart stomped on freedom of expression by not letting R rated games in their stores?

Dude, way to focus in on the big issues, there's always Guitar Hero.

Funniest (unintentional) post I have seen in a LONG time

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i think its funny walmart pulled ad money... 95% of their customers are probably beck fans!

although, 95% of their employees probably hate beck....

money is money whereever it comes from, but i think the big thing that got them pulled is this newest thing he is putting out... i think weve all heard of it...

codex alimentarius (sp??) anyone?

Coming up in Fusion magazine…

Some say “the only thing to fear is fear itself.” Clearly those people never read Fusion magazine’s annual Scariest Issue Ever. In the past we’ve warned you about the collapsing economy and terrorists targeting your children at school. But that was then and this is now.

In the October issue of Glenn Beck's Fusion magazine we tell you about things so scary, so deadly, so unbelievably horrifying that we can’t reveal them for fear “the man” will shut us down. We’ll give you a hint though…big brother, genetically engineered crops, global currency and the U.N taking over (EVERYTHING!).

newsletter i got in my email from www.glennbeck.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i still (honestly i really really do) find it funny that more people on here dont support what he says, as it seems all of his material comes from this site !!

honestly...

what other radio/tv host is talking about the stuff "we" talk about...?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I was watching Glenn Beck last friday when he said that he was going on vacation for a week.

I had no idea this was going on with the shows advertisers.

But something really stood out to me during THAT hour that I was watching his show.

There were two commercials promoting Obama's "Serve America" agenda.

One of them had Obama's face right in the camera talking.

I called my husband to see this because I've never, never seen these commercials before.

Something just did not seem right to me .

Now this is something "fishy".

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Amazing that none of these companies had problems with the commentators on other news channels spreading lies and vitriol about Bush, Republicans and the troops on a daily basis. GE can shill for government and sell parts to Iran, but nobody pulls out from NBC? Dan Rather can influence an election with fake documents and nobody pulls out from CBS?

Something isn't right here.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Originally posted by Majestic23........A great many of you conservative Americans call the free speech card now. Where were you when Walmart stomped on freedom of expression by not letting R rated games in their stores?

Dude, way to focus in on the big issues, there's always Guitar Hero.

Funniest (unintentional) post I have seen in a LONG time

I think video games have a lot more to offer in terms of knowledge and understanding the world than Glen Beck. We have come a long way since Pong pops.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'll never shop at any of these places again. The hypocrisy and attack on the 1st amendment is more than I can stand. I hope you enjoy your back lash Best Buy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join