It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Walmart, CVS, Best Buy Ditch Glenn Beck (Plus Five More Companies)

page: 9
23
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
All I know is I saw a Glen Beck clip for the first time yesterday, and my first impressions were this: His guest was Gerald Celente, and Beck was agreeing with everything he was saying and taking it further. At one point, he even referred to the 2 party system as a circus side show. I was impressed by this and so was Celente. Can't say I'm a fan of Fox news, or any MSM outlet, but I wouldn't be happy to see Beck go down given the snippet I saw yesterday. IMO, more people like him should be in the MSM.
Hmm.. a quick search has just confirmed my thoughts.
www.youtube.com...
Hes definitely got his thumb on the pulse, and that is likely why these corps want to dump him..




posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem
 




The only class he ever took was theology, and even then he dropped out. So no luck with economics, either


He did a generally good job covering the bailouts and such.. he was very anti-bush and then anti-obama and of course, anti-federal reserve. It's just when we goes on his little rants that you have to wonder "is this dude high" .. which he very well may be. Who knows.

Hannity is a tool.

O'reily is a tool.

North is a tool.


The one I hated the most was Greta Van sumthin,
almost as much as the mullet lady on CNN ... oh look im talking to myself again...



Dark Age is upon us.


Indeed.. lol

reply to post by Majestic23
 


Thanks for the condescending "OK" and smiley face, you must have a lot of experience being a forum smartmouth.

Becky won an award for it back in '07.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MacATK18
 


He's a Libertarian, 3rd party, we all hate the two party system.
He does talk about a lot of things you expect to see on ATS, not FOX.

But if you go back a page and watch my link ... he also says some insanely stupid things...



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't know why to this day I still laugh at some of you guys who really act like there is a true right and left side to this countries political system.
Here let me break Glenn Beck down for you
Headline news pays: $ 110K per year ( you march to their tune)
MSNBC pays: 174K per year ( you march to their tune)
FOX pays:265K per year ( you march to their tune)
DO YOU SEE THE PATTERN????
Glenn Beck doesn't care about you me or anyone else who isn't affected outside his family.
He's not on to any thing...He's on the air to confuse your thoughts.
Just like every other talking head. It's part of our government propaganda process to keep all the people who can't see what (THE GOVERNMENT) is doing busy thinkng they are "on a team" and backing the right person for them...Wake up! If you believe in this countries political system you have been sucked in and will be and are being chewed up and spit out as I type this. There are NO Republicans and Democrats..only a GOVERNMENT who signs ALL the politicians checks who you stand behind waving your little banners and screaming like you just seen Elvis sign Blue Moon.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by heliosprime
there is not a single "media" news story about anyone actually dropping beck. think that strange?


Hmmmmm.

This was one of the first:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Then these:

colorofchange.org...

www.dailykos.com...

topics.treehugger.com...


Company Defends Decision to Pull Ads Beck TV Show: 'We Do Not Want to be Associated with Hateful Speech'


Google much? Here ya go.................

www.google.com...

And you were saying?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by kinda kurious]


Obviously you didn't understand........NONE of those are "media" just trash websites...................not one you listed has any "standing" whatsoever.

Its no different that the old whisper game in highschool. Just the same "gossip" without and real fact........



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by heliosprime
there is not a single "media" news story about anyone actually dropping beck. think that strange?

Hmmmmm.
This was one of the first:
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Then these:

colorofchange.org...

www.dailykos.com...

topics.treehugger.com...


Company Defends Decision to Pull Ads Beck TV Show: 'We Do Not Want to be Associated with Hateful Speech'


Google much? Here ya go.................

www.google.com...

And you were saying?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by kinda kurious]


Obviously you didn't understand........NONE of those are "media" just trash websites...................not one you listed has any "standing" whatsoever.

Its no different that the old whisper game in highschool. Just the same "gossip" without and real fact........


Oh puhleeze...don't let the partisan bravo sierra make you totally blind to what's going on.

It's on HuffPo, therefore it doesn't exist? Maybe you ought to widen your horizons just a tad. For crying out loud, the site has at least as much legitimacy as Beck...not even taking into account that he is barking mad.

It's one thing to acknowledge an inherent bias...it's quite another to shut down the old thinker because they didn't vote like you.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
You guys are missing the point... The White House doesn't like what Beck is saying; therefore, they are getting their corporate overlords to punish him.

We live in Fascism, not socialism. When the line between Government and Corporations blurs like this, it is the classic example of Fascism. There are no rights, only the illusion of rights, and when the power that be decide to take away the illusion, there will be nothing that we can do.


It's apparently being organized by Van Jones....one of the Obama's picks as a White House Advisor on Environmental Quality.

blog.heritage.org...

This guy? This Van Jones?

www.time.com...



www.whitehouse.gov...

Hmmmmm...now what sort of pressure could a Environmental Czar exert on major corporations? I wonder......

This is certainly an obvious support action of the President for free speech!



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Enderdog
 


Here's a thread about Van Jones and his "movement"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think you'll find it interesting.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
TV 101.....Beck is on vacation this week. Usually the top advertisers do NOT pay to play when the talent is out on vacation. Just watched 2 segments of commercials on beck today. A series of 15 second "typical" commercials including "target"................15 seconds is typical for high cost time................

This whole thing is a MYTH................



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime
 


In an effort to provide you with your own choice of sources, I provided a Google Search link (keywords: ads Beck):
www.google.com...

The intent was for you to choose your own erudite source. (Rather you attacked all mine.)

Oddly, if you would have been bothered to actually use it, you'd have found among the 2,810,000 hits THIS at the Huffington Post at the top. (The liberal site you seem to deplore)


Advertisers Should Not Cancel Ads in Glenn Beck's Program



If we encourage advertisers to withdraw their support from conservatives such as Beck and O'Reilly because some people don't like their views, then it follows that we should encourage advertisers to withdraw their support from liberals Olbermann and Rachel Maddow because some people don't like their views either.


www.huffingtonpost.com...

The internet, like the politics game, is a two edged sword.

Luckily the Truth is single bladed.

Regards. . . KK

[edit on 19-8-2009 by kinda kurious]



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Oh puhleeze...don't let the partisan bravo sierra make you totally blind to what's going on.

It's on HuffPo, therefore it doesn't exist? Maybe you ought to widen your horizons just a tad. For crying out loud, the site has at least as much legitimacy as Beck...not even taking into account that he is barking mad.

It's one thing to acknowledge an inherent bias...it's quite another to shut down the old thinker because they didn't vote like you.


The trash website quoted here are TYPICAL liberal "hate" sites who whisper "gossip" between themselves............has no basis in truth..........



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


so you googled...........google "elvis is alive"....769,000 hits.....that makes it true?



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
The trash website quoted here are TYPICAL liberal "hate" sites who whisper "gossip" between themselves............has no basis in truth..........


Sorry Sunshine...just because they disagree with you, that by no means makes it a 'hate site'...nor wrong.

And while HuffPo is a left-flavoured site...it just ain't hate. Left is still allowed. It isn't even an abomination. Lighten up.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime
 


Let me guess, angry? I believe I know why. You are losing all your idols.

With the likes of Palin driving over her career to nowhere bridge and the soon to be ousted Beck, (who represents one of the last bigots of a faded era) The nostalgia of the Republican glory days gone by harkens the last remaining few who cling to the rose-colored notion of what once was, and they neglect to embrace the diverse and youthful melting pot that America has become.

They've become bitter, vocal, divisive and militant. Throwing a tantrum and blabbing incessantly is all they have left to do. They are a ship without a rudder wandering ainlessly amidst the doldrums of resentment and denial.

Betcha I'm real close.



[edit on 19-8-2009 by kinda kurious]



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan
 


I don't believe any of them. Could be a lack of trust on my part but I truly feel they all are part of the same team. Whether each one of them know they are on the same team is another story.

Where did you get those numbers? Was that supposed to be what Beck makes?

I thought he signed a 50 million dollar contract with Fox.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by heliosprime
 


In an effort to provide you with your own choice of sources, I provided a Google Search link (keywords: ads Beck):
www.google.com...

The intent was for you to choose your own erudite source. (Rather you attacked all mine.)

Oddly, if you would have been bothered to actually use it, you'd have found among the 2,810,000 hits THIS at the Huffington Post at the top. (The liberal site you seem to deplore)


Advertisers Should Not Cancel Ads in Glenn Beck's Program



If we encourage advertisers to withdraw their support from conservatives such as Beck and O'Reilly because some people don't like their views, then it follows that we should encourage advertisers to withdraw their support from liberals Olbermann and Rachel Maddow because some people don't like their views either.


www.huffingtonpost.com...

The internet, like the politics game, is a two edged sword.

Luckily the Truth is single bladed.

Regards. . . KK

[edit on by kinda kurious]


Wait wait wait! Are you saying that someone at Huffpo is saying NOT to boycott Glenn Beck? That doesn't make any sense at all! We've certainly never seen the left say one thing and do completely the opposite so as to give the impression of being credible, have we?

Why with the Environmental Czar doing the heavy hauling, it would be just crazy for Huffpo to tell them not to do it! Why people might get the impression that there might be some disinformation going on! They wouldn't want to blow their credibility like that....would they?

BTW, I just want to go on record saying that I have never supported and never will support snuffing people who are destroying our country. That would just be wrong.

Molon Labe' (look it up at Amazon and Wikipedia)



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Havent read through the whole post but I JUST bought Common Sense at Walmart the other day. Pull the advertising but still sell the book. Neato



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE
 


That's because Walmart has not pulled advertising from Beck specifically (check the update near the bottom of the article). They've pulled ads from all news commentary shows, not just his. Proctor and Gamble has done the same.

Is there really a boycott of Glenn Beck?

Additionally, CVS and Best Buy have never requested ad time during Beck's show.

If this is accurate, its not much of a boycott.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by vor78]



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHNIPE
Havent read through the whole post but I JUST bought Common Sense at Walmart the other day. Pull the advertising but still sell the book. Neato


I thought the book was very interesting AND very depressing. The extent of it makes me fear for my nation. The reprint of the original tract, in the second section, by Thomas Paine was very interesting. It shows how sometimes time and timing are key elements in who emerges victorious and who folds to oppression. Too bad Glenn couldn't publish anonymously too. He's painted a huge target on his own back, for our ideals and our country.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78
 


vor78 I'm shocked.

Hot Air? Michelle Malkin?
Talk about declining approval ratings.
I'm afraid yours just went from 100 to zero in one post.




[edit on 19-8-2009 by kinda kurious]



new topics

top topics



 
23
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join