It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If the Apostles Ate Jesus - Would He Still Have Resurrected?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Yeah, he is godlike... but we all are.

What he is saying is that unless you have my sort of understanding you will never realize your potential.

At least that is how I see it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Well I guess the whole thing could have been made up and so we are just discussing something that is the equivalent of saying that Moby Dick was the whale Son of God.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

We may be all God like but we were not born having God as our biological father.. so we are not God like in that sense.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Um. I was talking about the historical tendencies of the time at which it is claimed that he existed and the title he is attributed to have claimed. Which was a common title. How in the heck is that like Moby Dick and claiming whatever silliness you just said???

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Ok so Jesus was half Spirit and half human, so if the Apostles ate him then would the spirit half recreate itself but the human half couldnt then maybe he would have came back as like a half dead Zombie Jesus dragging his human leg behind him as he walked. God that would be terrifying.

Alright, as I understand it, this thread is a weird sorta gotcha thing for people who believe Christ is lord. But you aren't taking this thing through logically.
If you are going to grant that it is even POSSIBLE that a person can reincarnate in the same persona after death you have to take it out all the way.
What happens is that he dies and then CHOOSES to go back in the same consciousness. However, he was dead. He has transcended. He is BETTER THAN YOU OR I (don't take the capitalization as shouting, I am too lazy to do all the punctuation things in the upper tool-bar. Hell, its been like two years and I just yesterday realized how to quote text). Therefore, he could also choose to reappear as himself but as a 3 year old. Or whatever. Just so long as he remains the same to the witnesses at the resurrection point.

I still like the walking skeleton though, if it were possible.
But it isn't any sort of zinger on a believer.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Well because you said that the claim was added in to perpetuate the church.. so if we are going to think lke that then maybe the whole darn book is a piece of fiction just like Moby Dick. So basically we could take any character from any book and worship them. So we could create Moby Jesus if it is all just a book that someone made up. Now on the other hand if it was inspired by God and infallible then we must take it literally.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Jesus wasn't born with God as his biological Father either.
The bible excludes that possibility when it says that no man may look upon the face of god and live.
No man may hear the voice of god and live.

God did not impregnate Mary.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Ok I think I gotcha. So he could have came back in any form he wanted as long as he was recognizable. That makes sense. So the logical conclusion from that is that if the Apostles did eat him at the Last Supper as some sort of huge communication mishap, then if he wanted to be recognizable he would have to come back as some sort of half skeleton, half Zombie Jesus with chunks of his brain missing, because they ate a little brain with a nice Ciante.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

*face palm* That classic gambit..... As I said, I do not know if he existed but you are taking a very illogical approach to the argument. Now if you were talking about the possible historical accuracy of "Moby Dick" as far as whaling methods, linguistics that was used at the time and etc perhaps it would make sense. Which is largely what I was talking about. Why if he did exist and make that claim it wouldn't really have meant much when he said it. And you go off on this.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit, according to the Bible.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Yes, he would have to be recognizable. And have the biological capacity to function.

He couldn't be just a bag of bones. He would need to be able to walk about. Like a parapallegic but still with the bones... and possibly tendons.

Or he could just reappear as he was before they ate him.

That would be a shocker.

Peter says: "But I ATE YOU!"

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yeah and doubting Thomas would have kept doubting, because remember when he said he would not believe until he saw the nail marks in his hands.. It would have had to change to something like I will not believe until I see my teeth prints in his hands.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I have never been bothered to consider the trinity thing.

They are all one in the same.

Therefore, Jesus cannot be God because people saw him. Right?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
religion is just a primitive form of government

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Doubting Thomas couldn't doubt when he rose from the same place, told him his mother's name told him how short his penis was and then still had NO teeth marks.

He would be dumbfounded.

Silenced.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

I disagree.
2nd line

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
OMG this is extremely funny. That sacre-licious comment had me rolling lol. I reallyhope no christians get on here without a sense of humor. I am surprised noone has went off on this yet with yelling and screaming about how evil this is to talk about the lord and saviour this way. Anyways i do have a sense of humor and this is just way out there lol. I love it.

As far as him accidently being eaten all i can say is this. if that had of happened and jesus came back all i can think of is like a cartoon sketch of jesus standing on a road with his brains hanging out of his head and entrail dropping to the ground and all his apostles around looking at him and this bubble over his head with the word IDIOTS! in it. LOL

Oh and on edit i wanted to add that how funny it would have been when john the baptist said one would come who would baptise with fire lol. What if everyone took him literally and thought of the messiah as torching everyone in the name of god. RUN FOR THE HILLS!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

[edit on 6-8-2009 by fizzy1]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I have never been bothered to consider the trinity thing.
They are all one in the same.
Therefore, Jesus cannot be God because people saw him. Right?

Well this is the tricky part. They are three separate entities merged into one but with the ability to separate as needed.

There is the Holy Spirit.
Then Jesus who is the Word/Wisdom of God and was with God all the way from the book of Genesis, but took on human form on Earth.
Then there is the Father. The alpha and the Omega.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yeah, that sounds too much like a Transformers Character to me.

In reality, God is God - period.

There is no in between or division thereof. God is all encompassing.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
How the heck could he resurrect if his body was in the stomachs of the Apostles? I suppose you're trying to make a statement with that question about Jesus or God or something. I think all of that bible stuff is metaphorical. So what do I know? not much. Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join