It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If the Apostles Ate Jesus - Would He Still Have Resurrected?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Sorry I replied to fast. In your earlier post you said that you thought He might have liked hell since He stayed for 3 days. So do you think he hung out and partied before he came back to Earth?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

You could be correct, but since they needed proof they may have not believed it was Him if He came back with flesh after they were sure they just ate it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
He is quoting Proverbs 9 basically.

Proverbs 9

1Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

2She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

3She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,

4Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,

5Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Meaning, he is the physical manifestation of understanding, which is why he speaks in parables and such.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why is everyone making fun of Jesus. He gave it all.. everything, and had it all and still does to this day, since he was vindicated by God at the cross.

I know people are joking around, but I think some of it is in "bad taste" so to speak..

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

We arent making fun of Jesus. We are discussing an important Metaphysical question about whether Jesus would have healed His body before he resurrected. It is a question of why did He keep the wounds from his crucifixition upon resurrection. Dont you think that could be important?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Sorry I replied to fast. In your earlier post you said that you thought He might have liked hell since He stayed for 3 days. So do you think he hung out and partied before he came back to Earth?

He wished to experience all the terrible manifestations of his ego and burn them up so that he was forever free of earthly desire. So, of course, it must have been miserable but it was part of the program to open the portal to self-realization.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Hmm that is very interesting to think He partied for 3 days before He resurrected. I have never considered that before. I always thought He was down their whooping ass on the devil and maybe rescuing people from hell.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Why is everyone making fun of Jesus. He gave it all.. everything, and had it all and still does to this day, since he was vindicated by God at the cross.

I know people are joking around, but I think some of it is in "bad taste" so to speak..

As I find it apropot, the worse the taste the better here. He gave it all so I could be a shmuck and get away with it.

Apparently things cross a certain line with you and the lightness ends there. Ego constructs.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Great topic!!

FLar and STag!!

Despite the obvious, something more consequential to consider, is his progeny.
Perhaps the resurrection is a symbolic metaphor, for his continuation in the lives of his children.

"Parents live on through their children" as the old saying goes.

That is a thought for your own personal edification.

[edit on 5/8/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

So are you saying that the Apostles could have accidentally eaten His children if He had any and if they had mistaken his meaning at the Last Supper?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ok so lets get back on track. I guess my question boils down to does there have to be a certain amount of Jesus body left in order for Him to resurrect? Like how is He going to get all the pieces back if they are being digested in the stomachs of the Apostles?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Ok so lets get back on track. I guess my question boils down to does there have to be a certain amount of Jesus body left in order for Him to resurrect? Like how is He going to get all the pieces back if they are being digested in the stomachs of the Apostles?

I'm not sure why you are asking the question, because I'm sure you already know the answer.

John 3

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If he HAD returned as a skeleton he would be running around OR talking to anyone. I mean, if we are literal about this, lets be literal.

He would be a bag of bones with a soul??? I suppose so.

And nobody would have known that he had resurrected at all. He would appear to be completely and totally dead.

The three days thing is only there because it was a requirement. Hell, for all we know he spent 2,000 of our years in the other place after he died.

Once you transcend this reality time stops. He came back to a time precisely three days later because that was what he was supposed to do. With the holes in the hands to prove it was He.

Of course this all supposes that he didn't simply die because he was treasonous to Rome and was really no God at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Actually the Romans didn't nail people to crosses, most the time. That would be a waste of nails and ineffiencent to boot. They tied them. But nails and blood makes for better religious art. *paraphrased from the excellent movie "The Man from Earth" I highly recommend it*.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

In rare cases however, they DID nail people to crosses.

Only if the person they were executing could be used to make a REALLY GOOD EXAMPLE OF.

I have no reason to believe he wasn't nailed to the cross. Makes it extra brutal.

Must have been horrifying.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Meh, ultimately I could care less. I am not sure the man existed though I do respect what I think is the gist of his message minus the crap inserted by the Church to perpetuate the Church.

But I do remember something about Pilate not really caring and was going to let him go until it was insisted otherwise....

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join