It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New toy your young daughter can breastfeed ....sad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
IMO it’s the little shirt top the child puts on that makes it creepyville for me.
Why can’t the baby just cry, and make little cooing noises when you hold it at chest level, kind of like the way baby dolls are now - when you move the doll up, it’s eyes open, down, hey close?
But the little shirt? EWW. I mean what’s that all about? Like you can take you female child feeding accessories on and off at will?

Beyond the nursing *get up* I think this doll is a great idea. Baby poos, pees and when it cries, you hold it to your chest and everybody's happy.

And honestly I do think there is a correlation between when baby dolls came out with bottles and the decline in breastfeeding.

So dump the little shirt, keep the doll.

On an added note, when I had my daughter, well, I was a mere baby, but I don’t regret it for a moment.
What I do regret is our first few moments together went from utter bliss to horror.

After a very hard and fast deliver the nurse handed me my daughter and I was filled with such an onrush of love, well, only a mother knows what I mean.
Then the nurse said “I’ll eave you two alone now for your babies feeding. It helps constrict the uterus and she needs the antibodies and....’ The rest of whatever the nurse said went right over my head.

I looked down at this little baby I would kill for, looked at my left breast, looked back at my baby, then looked at my right breast and I was HORRIFIED!
I had NO idea what to do!
My daughter, bless her, was nuzzling all around and I was like, ok, so, I know I’m supposed feed you and all - but - again, I was just absolutely horrified - because I had NO CLUE what to do.

I could cry at this memory, really, it might sound so simple, just stick the kid on the boobeenie, but it isn’t like that, it really isn’t. Tell me there isn’t a mother out there, a first time mother that didn’t go - Whoa, I’m gonna do what?

Finally nature took over, my breast felt like they were shedding molten lava ice chips, they sprung leaks and showered my gown front, my baby, the blankets, the floor (No joke they went off like the fire boats I saw once in Puget Sound) - and at that point, she just latched on and we were all set...

Point is there was a lot of needless horrification between the time I knew what I was supposed to do, and actually got the job done.

If my daughter was little I’d get her this baby doll - but dump the wee little freaky shirt.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by silo13]

CX

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LSHall
If you see perversion, the perversion is in YOUR head. Breastfeeding dolls:

That sounds like you are saying that anyone who disagrees with this and sees it as inappropriate is perverted.

The same arguement could be said for those who think it's great.

Such a harsh statement would be better off left out of the thread though, so as to not upset many parents who do not think this is right. It's just an opinion, not a perversion.

CX.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I really don't see a problem with this. Breast feeding is a natural thing for a woman to do and it's good to teach that at an early age. Girls grow up to to become women, and only women have children. I've seen little girls pretend to breast feed their dolls, so there isn't some perverse undertone with this toy. I see this as a good educational toy, and nothing more. Does this excite the perverts? Probably does, but so do sport uniforms, should those be banned because of this? Also, I think America has a backwards approach to sex education anyway. They wait to long to tell them about it. Teaching kids the wrong idea of sex is just as wrong as refusing to talk at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with this. For those who are against this because it's teaching kids that having a baby is fun, then I assume you're against having doll babies at all. Because having a baby doll teaches the same thing.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Bratac]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My argument is that the doll isn't realistic enough.
The bugger should bite, scream, soil itself and puke on you.
In more open societies, this would just be seen as a fact of life most girls see every day with no social hang ups.
In puritanical societies where only the cute is emphasized, maybe those girls would think a bit more about wanting a real one earlier than is the norm.

Just my dos pesos.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
As a new father to my first baby girl, I too will chime in with this.

I really do not see this as an issue. My 4 month old was breastfed, and I consider it a very beautiful thing. My daughter has clearly bonded with her mother in ways that I will never be able to participate in.

Breastfeeding should not be looked down upon as a negative in our society. Our doctor was very pleased that our daughter would be breastfed, in which all help and assistance was given by hospital staff to make it successful. Trust me, as we can attest it definitely takes work as we had to supplement her with formula for a while.

Is it a little odd? Sure, it is. But how is this any different from dolls that poopoo, cry, pee etc? Or any different than kitchenettes, tea parties or dress up sessions? These are all 'adult' activities children mimic.

This isn't like a plastic setup that mimics a full scale bar to play bartender that glorifies getting drunk and drinking.

I find it ironic that a boy playing solider and killing people by the scores with imaginary war scenarios, blowing people up, or running them over with tanks with GI Joe is more acceptable than a doll that mimics basic motherhood.

I guess learning to wage war is less offensive than learning the natural function of a womans mammary glands. Funny thing is one actually beneficial to newborns and early human development, while the other does the exact opposite.

Go figure.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Not Authorized]

CX

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
After taking a bit of time away from this thread, and tidying up after my two girls and going through the crap that they have all over the place, i think my harsh reaction to it has maybe softened a little.

Reason being, yes i guess it's still a bit weird having a young kid pretending to breast feed, but i think the image that has stuck in my head is that contraption that Robert De Niro wears to breast feed his grandson in "Meet the Fockers".

THATS why this seems so freaky to me, i have that image in my head!

Take a look......go to 5:30 on this video and see what i mean.

www.youtube.com...

Now can you blame a guy for being a bit apprehensive?

I need a cuppa.

CX.

[edit on 5/8/09 by CX]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrainDispatcher
I thought really hard about where to put this thread. Could it be psychological? technological? I suggest (strange and weird)

I have one question. Why?

It scares me to think that a company that may have a president/ceo , vp , maybe a board of dirs would approve this. I do realize the company to me is unknown and they may be a 200 person operation. Buy Why?

This looks like a pedophiles dream toy!!!!

your thoughts?

I do wonder about people sometimes!!!!!!!

HOW can you possibly associate breastfeeding with peadophiles????

whats the difference between this and a regular doll that you feed with a bottle? apart from the obvious, breastfeeding is natural but bottle feeding isnt??

Isn't it better that children are educated about breastfeeding??

What about playing with other toys ie a toy kitchen and a toy microwave. they both cook foods but in different ways. ROLEPLAY- the whole point in these toys!

If you ask me its about time something like this was made! cant see it selling too well though!

And before you start thinking I'm a 'breast is best' preacher I'm not, I think its a personal choice.I did both with my kids.

But come on, wtf has it got to do with peadaphiles??

If you ask me, if you think that you've gotta take a look at yourself and your thoughts if you jump to that sort of conclusion.......

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why pedophiles dream toy?

It isn't anything new nor strange (imo) that little girls like playing mom with their baby dolls.

Ko3

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

See this is what I hate when people assume that the reason you are not breastfeeding, is because you think they find it disgusting. Well how about someone like me who tried to breastfeed her infant son unsuccessfully for 6 weeks? I tried hard to do this, but everytime he fed he would projectile vomit, he was feeding every hour on the hour. When we took him to the doctors, he was 4lbs!!! he left the hospital at 6lbs 10oz!! I found out the my breasts were severely clogged and was told to wean him off the boob, because he wasn't gaining any weight, and feed him formula. I took him home with the formula and he drank 6 bottles in a row and was content. I let my breast milk dry out and that was that. The second time I tried to breastfeed same problem except this time I recognized the signs earlier, and she went on formula, the third I didn't bother because I was afraid of my breasts getting clogged again. So see, don't assume!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
It's interesting how so many people (in the US) are getting worked up over something not even sold in the US.

It's those puritanical roots come home to roost once again.

"Gluttonous baby. The first milksucking doll." HA.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

well, seeing how this is a thread about the doll and not just the reasons why some women do not breastfeed i didn't feel i needed to be clear that not ALL women choose not to breastfeed because they find it "disgusting." there are many reasons why some women choose not to and others (less than 5%) actually cannot and the fact that some women are grossed out by it is one of them.
i was making the connection between this reason women have for not breastfeeding and the dolls on the market that come with bottles (support bottle feeding)

i'm sorry that you were offended and thought i was implying that you, or other women, all think that breastfeeding is gross and unnatural. it was not my intention.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
OK....this is really weird and creepy. I have a 7 year old daughter and she does not even know what this is which is fine with me!

I can see where this is going, next year they will be coming out with Tampon Tammy or Menstruation Mary!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Sense says...
OK....this is really weird and creepy. I have a 7 year old daughter and she does not even know what this is which is fine with me!

I can see where this is going, next year they will be coming out with Tampon Tammy or Menstruation Mary!

Perhaps, perhaps. Can't anybody look past their culture? I'm not espousing cultural relativism here. It's just not a big deal compared to "Death to the infidel".

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

What the hell ? What if her brother decides to imitate, or even have a go at getting a drink himself? Dear god what if they did it in the theater ?

I'm surprised the feminist aren't up in arms about this stereotyping girls as baby makers.

I can understand setting the example of breast feeding being natural,but surely it is the mother that should be setting the example not the child.

I am confused but I have an excuse, I am a man.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Dear god my gut is killing laughing at that, dude, you hurt me bad

Breastfeeding is embarrassing and disgusting here's proof -

[edit on 5-8-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Your right its much better for a 12 year old girl to freak out thinking she is a mutant or shes dying when she gets her first period because her parents didnt bother sitting her down to have "that talk". Having a period is natural (though I'd be conscerned about anyone wanting to buy a teenage doll for their child) just like breast feeding is natural, what are people so ashamed of that they find these things so horrible ? [note their is no menstrating doll just saying]

If you don't like what the toys are teaching DONT BUY THEM, but considering what most people are happy letting their kids play with this whole conversation simply stuns me.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Dear god my gut is killing laughing at that, dude, you hurt me bad

Thank common sense. I didn't write that!

I wish I got there first but no such luck!

Edit: Change Freudian slip from "suck" to "such"

[edit on 8/5/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Then the parents should probably step in and explain to the boy that they dont get to feed babies like that.

What do you think breasts are for exactly ?

Heres a hint, they werent put there to give you something fun to look at.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
reply to post by moocowman

Then the parents should probably step in and explain to the boy that they dont get to feed babies like that.

What do you think breasts are for exactly ?

Heres a hint, they werent put there to give you something fun to look at.

Multipurpose, just like zinc oxide.

A special friend female of mine already has one of those dolls. He posts on ATS and might be considered eccentric.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join