It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New toy your young daughter can breastfeed ....sad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by TLomon

You dont get it? Its not about being hung up sexually, its about conditioning children to want to breast feed children when they are not ready for such a step.

good point.
but it seems to be okay to condition children to do UNhealthy things in their future lives...right? (like wear those nasty daisy dukes you spoke of)

is it brainwashing or coercing them, in any way, when a baby comes equipped with a bottle to feed them?
i think our children being "brainwashed" to breastfeed is really the least of our problems

[edit on 8/5/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by Dr Love

there is probably a good reason those manufacturers decided to include bottle feeding than breast feeding...

I bet there was a team up of doll makers and formula makers to corner the market ..lol

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
For some reason, this toy makes me think of the episode of Family Guy where Peter tries to breastfeed Stewie....heh..just as creepy too.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Wow this is an exhausting thread.

I’ve got to agree with you.
How’s that for truth stranger than fiction - the Glutton Chub Chub doll is my near undoing on ATS.
Talk about a roller-coaster of reactions!

Anyway, I asked around to some of the ‘Mommies’ here about the doll, just for more info.

Mixed reviews as in ATS so it’s a bumpy ride whatever culture you’re in.

Most (here) had a problem (as I do) with the vest thing.
No need for it.
Just make the doll coo and snack it’s lips at chest level and put an end to the vest.

peace!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Read the book : "The Continuum Concept" . Girls as young as 4 years old used to take care - as much of they can of the smaller children Not because somebody tells them to, but that is their instinct. And by the time they become mothers they have good experience about handling babies, and what they need. They do not see this as "work". Those people never "work' whatever they do.
They respond immediately to the baby's needs - but they are not child centered - taking care of the baby is not some separate special activity.
Must read the entire book, can't explain everything here.

www.continuum-concept.org...
www.whywork.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ae56bcf5f91.jpg[/atsimg]

"In her book "The Continuum Concept" Jean Liedloff describes her experience of living with Stone Age Indians in the South American jungle for two and a half years. (Most of her time was spent with the Yequana.) She found these people to be the happiest she had seen anywhere. What stuck most in my mind on reading this incredible book was the Indians' attitude towards "work," or rather their experience of all activity as play; they made no distinction between work and play ..."

[edit on 6-8-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

What the heck do you think little girls did with their dolls before we got indoctrinated into feeding our babies clinical waste?

That's right, they cradled them to their chest in this fashion, just like they saw mommy doing with real babies.

Using it as a marketing ploy is a little bizarre, but the concept itself doesn't bug me at all.

Oddly enough, you'll probably let her play with her Ken and Skipper dolls unattended.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
im with the people who support this toy .. im not going to go back through the post to re read and engage in any argument or discussion sorry.

breastfeeding of children is natrual, so really, i dont see how bad this is, its not like its a toy penis that teaches girls how to have sex is it ? its just a toy doll, which immitates life in a good way, im not going to preach about breastfeeding to anyone , esspecialy the women out their ... but i do feel like things like this will do more good than bad, as they are traning the girls of tommorow the natrual way to look after their potential future spouce rather than the current way of using tinned chemicals that resemble milk.... and that might harm your baby.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
I dont see why its wrong.

The media makes sex look fun and something people should do as soon as possible. That is a seperate issue.

This toy teaches girls that they should breast feed their kids rather than using solution, which they should ideally.

Right... Well I'll be selling my condom doll soon, targeting 8 year olds because its better than the alternative.

This is just sick.

bleh....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

When they include a doll that can suffer SIDS.. then you're onto the plot.

Otherwise it's just falling short of perverseness.

Crikey..

You want realism but at what cost? Aren't young girls already exposed to too much sexualisation? That now there needs to be an accessory they have to wear to emulate breast feeding for their doll? gah

Tickle me Elmo must be so pleased...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well I only read the first few posts but I have to say..
What the hell is wrong with you people?
My daughter was breastfed and when she began playing with doll (which is a NORMAL thing for little girls to do) she simulated breast feeding them because that is the ONLY way she knew of feeding a baby. She had never seen a baby bottle before in her life. How the hell is this a pedophiles dream. I seriously think you need to look at yourself if these are the types of things that come to mind when you see a child playing make believe. .... Just WOW

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
reply to post by ravenshadow13

When they include a doll that can suffer SIDS.. then you're onto the plot.

Otherwise it's just falling short of perverseness.

Crikey..

You want realism but at what cost? Aren't young girls already exposed to too much sexualisation? That now there needs to be an accessory they have to wear to emulate breast feeding for their doll? gah

Tickle me Elmo must be so pleased...

What has breastfeeding got to do with sex? Have you ever breastfed a baby? I breastfed all three of my children until they were one and I know there is absolutely nothing sexual about it. As far as I'm concerned this is no different to a child playing with a doll and pretending its her baby.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient
Well I only read the first few posts but I have to say..
What the hell is wrong with you people?
My daughter was breastfed and when she began playing with doll (which is a NORMAL thing for little girls to do) she simulated breast feeding them because that is the ONLY way she knew of feeding a baby. She had never seen a baby bottle before in her life. How the hell is this a pedophiles dream. I seriously think you need to look at yourself if these are the types of things that come to mind when you see a child playing make believe. .... Just WOW

I think there is a difference between you letting your daughter do that, and some big company making a doll and outfit SPECIFICALLY for it.

A big difference.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jewels2007
What has breastfeeding got to do with sex? Have you ever breastfed a baby? I breastfed all three of my children until they were one and I know there is absolutely nothing sexual about it. As far as I'm concerned this is no different to a child playing with a doll and pretending its her baby.

Did you let some stranger breast feed your baby or tell your children what it's all about?

We're talking about a doll specifically designed to emulate a role.. Someone sat there and came up with an idea that people agreed with.

It's a far cry from what a mother or father lets a child do with a doll.

I dunno, I know when I do have kids I would never let them have things like this. Thats what mt wife and I would be there fore, to teach our children, and not some company for them to force their education.

I just find this entirely creepy. Seems to be opinions like mine are somehow wrong. meh...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Its almost as if they are trying to coach little girls on how to take care of a baby at a very early age, I knnow this sounds sick but it makes me think that girls will be having babies as soon as they hit puberty, even if they dont want to. I dont like seeing the whole nipple stimulation thing going on when that doll is 'suckeling'. Aaaargh! How do I get rid of this knot in my stomach?!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
people will do anything to make a quick buck. and I mean anything

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
"Coach" ? Read my post above. Girls naturally want to take care of smaller children.

Problem is - we as a society lost that kind of "primitive" life, and now we have plastic dolls instead. Yes, I don't agree with that doll. The doll is not the problem, it's our culture. We replaced everything that had meaning with a "safe" plastic replica. Enjoy "safe plastic replica life".

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I'd say the child would have already seen Mum, Aunty etc breastfeeding and therefore knew all about it anyway. There really isn't that much to learn so the company isn't teaching the child anything new.
If you really think about it its no more creepy than a little girl pretending she has a baby

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'd rather parents give their daughters dolls that would scream randomly and uncontrollably with no way to remove batteries or muffle the sound.

That would teach a more worthwhile lesson than "look how much fun babies are!!"

You say that but if you were the parent I doubt you'd want to give your child any toy that screamed loudly, much less one that wouldn't ever shut up and was totally uncontrollable!

It would be as unpleasant for the parent as for the child, the child would likely cry as it's not old enough to deal with this, then the parents would put the child and doll up for adoption and be done with it.

Homewrecker.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

How can you compare a condom doll to a breastfeeding doll?
You know what they say about people who see something as innocent as breastfeeding being a sick, perverse act? It usually means they are that themselves. Perhaps you and other posters should get help if you are equating breasteeding and sex. How pathetic. I'm going to repeat an earlier post, girls do this with dolls anyway, someone had observed this and decided to market it as a toy to make money.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Breast feeding has nothing to do with sex. To say this is sexual in anyway is to turn something so natural into something dirty. Now if this product were to promote any type of sexual act that would definitely be inapporiate.
I don't see anything wrong with it. The put that bib over their chest it is not like it sucks on real nipples. Than that would be weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join