It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New toy your young daughter can breastfeed ....sad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I thought really hard about where to put this thread. Could it be psychological? technological? I suggest (strange and weird)

I have one question. Why?

It scares me to think that a company that may have a president/ceo , vp , maybe a board of dirs would approve this. I do realize the company to me is unknown and they may be a 200 person operation. Buy Why?

This looks like a pedophiles dream toy!!!!

your thoughts?

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'd rather parents give their daughters dolls that would scream randomly and uncontrollably with no way to remove batteries or muffle the sound.

That would teach a more worthwhile lesson than "look how much fun babies are!!"

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Mods if you feel this topic/video is inappropriate please remove

2 line here

CX

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
As a father of two young girls, that is just wrong!

Maybe others will disagree, but i don't want my kids being taught, ready and keen to have kids before they go to high school because it looks fun.

CX.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
that is extremely creepy to say the least.
is there really a market for this kind of crap? and what exactly is this going to teach a child? i don't get it AT ALL. If i had a daughter, i would definitely not want her to be exposed to something like this until she was a bit older.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Not sold in US yet.

Here are some news links relating to it.

Posting a comment after watching a demonstration video online, one user wrote: 'This toy would never work in the U.S. because the public would sexualize the act of breastfeeding, thereby deeming it inappropriate for little girl to engage in.'.

It's interesting how so many people (in the US) are getting worked up over something not even sold in the US.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I just thought I should add some more of my opinions here. I don't have an objection to this toy. If you don't like it as a parent, don't purchase it for your child.

Both of my children were breastfed. When my daughter played with her dolls, she immitated mommy breastfeeding her brother. Why? Dolls encourage immitating their mother. My daughter wanted to be a good mommy just like her mommy. I really don't see what the huge issue is on this.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I dont see why its wrong.

The media makes sex look fun and something people should do as soon as possible. That is a seperate issue.

This toy teaches girls that they should breast feed their kids rather than using solution, which they should ideally.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
I just thought I should add some more of my opinions here. I don't have an objection to this toy. If you don't like it as a parent, don't purchase it for your child.

Both of my children were breastfed. When my daughter played with her dolls, she immitated mommy breastfeeding her brother. Why? Dolls encourage immitating their mother. My daughter wanted to be a good mommy just like her mommy. I really don't see what the huge issue is on this.

You make a good point Tlomon, even though I will disagree.

I had Health class (do kids still have that today? I am 30) and in health class they taught us about sex, babies, even showed us a birth video.
My on preference is to teach them that later in life than at this age (whatever age that doll is geared towards).

But like Tlomon said, if we dont want it, dont buy it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yes, I am in the US and I would expect that Americans would go zonky about this with their hangups on sex. I doubt Europeans would see this as so terrible but then I would expect them to find the GI Joe Muslim killing action figure with squirting blood offensive and the Americans would just yawn.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have a few thoughts on the matter:

1- It's a way of getting the kids to know at an early age to know breast feeding is good, normal etc. After all how many studies are out there saying breast feeding is 'good for kids'? (And mommies too!) Lots. So if you look at it from the point that it is teaching kids that breast feeding is socially acceptable, it's all good. I mean seriously get the kids to know it from a young age and society's screwed up point of view on breast feeding gets sorted out.

2- It's obviously not set up so the doll 'latches' on to the child's breast, so there is no deliberate 'perversion' going on. Not to mention it shows the parent/mom of the child helping the child to put on the the 'nursing top.' Parental involvement! What a concept!

3- Nothing in this toy teaches anything bad.

4- Perverts will abuse anything, (that's what a perversion is after all), but taking a toy like this off the market is foolishness.

Basically folks, if all you focus on finding is the bad ways a toy like this could be abused... what does that say about you?

Sometimes you have to be wary of the wolf, but sometimes you are the wolf you need to be wary of.

M.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Dude, it shows a little girl holding it up to her chest...theres just something not right about that...

[[shakes head]]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Little girls shouldn't be thinking about breast feeding, let alone playing with dolls that get them interested in babies as they pertain to physical attachment with their own bodies. The emotional/sexual develpmental issues this "toy" (read: conditioning tool) will create, can lead to all kinds of misleading/mixed signals of what society expects of them at too young of an age.
It's a completley irresponsible product that will have negative societal impacts (increased teen pregnancies) as these girls develop desires to have real babies of their own, not realizing they can't just throw their real baby in the closet when they are done playing with it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That GI Doll would be soooo cool. But I digress...

damwel also brings up a valid point. America is too hung up on sex that they think anything involving breasts is sexual. That is why all the protects about breastfeeding hit the news. For some people, they are very big news. Mothers are asked to leave resteraunts if breastfeeding their child (mind you, tastefully under a blanket) because it makes patrons uncomfortable. It is a right of a mother (at least that is what is being argued), and even though places state they allow it, individuals try to enforce their own belief system onto others despite what policy/law says.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Its showing a little girl holding a plastic BABY to her chest, Babys SHOULD be breast fed its the best thing for them, the toy doesnt even require a nipple to feed it, she just holds it in the right position.

If you didn't know she was "breast feeding" youd just assume she was giving it a hug.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

yes, but you do know it is breast feeding. this is not an important lesson for a pre-adolescant little girl...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Yes, I am in the US and I would expect that Americans would go zonky about this with their hangups on sex.

thats what i was thinking.

i'm honestly more outraged that people find this offensive than about the doll itself. i will admit its a bit creepy...but inappropriate? i don't think so. this really just shows how much people seem to be disgusted with something natural and healthy...its about time a baby doll came out to encourage young girls to (hopefully one day) breastfeed instead of feeding their poor babies powdered crap.

people should stop seeing breastfeeding as erotic, just because it involves the breast.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So, question for you open_eyeballs.

Is a doll with a bottle an acceptable age appropriate toy for a pre-adolescant little girl?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I agree with Mosh.

Kids have dolls. They've had dolls for thousands of years, really. And the new trend is to make them realistic. They can pee, they eat, whatever. Why not breastfeed? It's better than kids learning to give the "babies" that they care for juice.

Obviously the doll isn't supposed to latch on. I bet you're not even really supposed to do it without a shirt on. I think when I was little I used to "pretend" breastfeed my dolls because I knew that's what mommies did.

You cannot throw in the argument that using dolls makes kids think they should have kids at a young age. I've seen no evidence to support that.

Maybe if more kids knew that breastfeeding was okay, adults would think breastfeeding was okay, since tons of women refuse to breastfeed their kids. Breastfeeding is healthy, natural, and honestly it's necessary for the best possible health for the child unless they have a condition which makes them unable to drink their mother's milk.

Actually, yeah, no. Let's give this toy to all the adults who refuse to breastfeed, first.

Cool toy, though.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I'd say its fairly important to try and teach people how to responsibly raise children at a young age, given the piss poor job most people seem to do of it these days.

There are already dolls of babies, there have been for untold years, girl children play with baby dolls in cultures all over the world, feed them bottles, change their nappies etc This toy is no different than any other, except for the breastfeeding (once again its a position you place the doll in, you dont have to do it anywhere near your tit I guess but just hold it at the right angle), and their is nothing wrong with breastfeeding, its natural and its good for the children.

If you have a problem with female children playing with baby based dolls fullstop then thats another arguement altogether I think.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join