It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for you to Believe!? (God)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Hey, thanks,

I actually have a University degree in Logic - do you?

And that does not stop me believing in God and Jesus.

I have noticed how so many people want to believe in aliens but not God.

NEWS FLASH! If aliens exist, God created them - now, work that out.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

You have a degree in logic but yet still believe in a god? Help me out here.

Do you have any kind of proof that god made aliens? Since we can't without any doubt prove or disprove the existence of either how can you logically say that god made aliens? You're just assuming that your god made aliens because you believe god made the universe and all living things. Correct?

Why don't you use your logic degree and explain to me where your god came from then. I don't think you can because if you truly had a degree in logic you and I wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

NEWS FLASH! If aliens exist, God created them - now, work that out.

NEWS FLASH! If your God exist, Super God created It - now, work that out.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Why don't you use your logic degree and explain to me where your god came from then. I don't think you can because if you truly had a degree in logic you and I wouldn't be having this conversation.

We're bound by time, God isn't.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
God has asked us to have faith in what we cannot understand, and the cynics do not.

LOL, how did you come to believe that too, hum? How do you know that all this spook in the sky stuff ain't just a bunch of primitive hand-me-down superstitions? It wasn't that long ago when humons were believing some people were witches and burned them, just because of their stupid idiotic primitive contrived beliefs.

I guess many humons are still quite primitive even today, eh?
I wonder if all the pretending make believers also still believe in Santa, and tooth fairy, and spooks under their bed.
A sign of a mature rational logical person is that they don't play make-believe, while children believe in spooks.

Honestly, with each passing day, I loose more and more faith in humanity.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Yes, I do have a degree in Logic, and I also have intuition.

So they both go together in my brain.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Yes, I lose faith in humanity - but if you believe in Jesus, that is the main thing, and if you don't, OK.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

That answers nothing. By you saying that only tells me you haven't the slightest idea where your god came from. If we go by what religion teaches, at one point there was absolute nothing then..... Voila! Logic tells us that you can't make something from nothing. Yet you all believe that an all powerful being in the form of a man( since we're supposedly created in his image) materialized out of nothing then made the universe, Earth, then us? And that's logical?

I think Obama should invite god to the White house for a beer so we can get to the bottom of this.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

That answers nothing. By you saying that only tells me you haven't the slightest idea where your god came from.

God always was. Like I said, he isn't bound by time like we are.

If we go by what religion teaches, at one point there was absolute nothing then..... Voila! Logic tells us that you can't make something from nothing.

Absolute nothing for us, but not for God. Once more, God isn't bound by the same constraints we are.

Yet you all believe that an all powerful being in the form of a man( since we're supposedly created in his image) materialized out of nothing then made the universe, Earth, then us? And that's logical?

You're trying to make it sound like God was created when the universe was created; that's not what happened. God existed before we did.

link   

I do have a degree in Logic, and I am having this conversation.

Although why I am bothering to talk to you - I do not know.

link   

reply to post by Divinorumus

Yes, I lose faith in humanity - but if you believe in Jesus, that is the main thing, and if you don't, OK.

Millions of people believing in Jesus has gotten us real far in restoring that humanity we all lose faith in. You want to restore that humanity? Destroy religion.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
For me it would have to be a bit of consistency.
I take it we're talking about the Abrahamic god?

The God who was ever active in the Bible, who reigned fire and brimstone down on Sodom And Gomorrah.

As people have mentioned, the miracles.

There is too much to go in to actually.

I'm glad people are evolving spiritually and intellectually and shedding the superstitions and nonsense of religion.

It's the only way we can grow and evolve as a species and for the betterment of the human race.

Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Being as humans created the concept of time I can understand you on that but,
god can't just always have been. God HAD to come from something or somewhere. How can you honestly say that god has always been without even knowing where god originally came from? And how do you know god has always been? Because a book says so? I read a book once (maybe you heard of it) about a doctor that put a man together from pieces of cadavers and brought it to life. Well, that doctor made a man and gave it life and it is in a book so....

It's always the same answers, always the same blind ignorance called faith. Well god has always been, god works in mysterious ways, we aren't meant to understand god, it's god's will.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Yes Yes Yes.

I have always said that religion is wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

god can't just always have been. God HAD to come from something or somewhere.

Why did He have to come from somewhere? He exists outside of time; He has neither a beginning nor an end. This is a weird concept because we're used to things beginning and ending, but God has existed forever and will exist forever.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Okay, there may be a God, or there may not be a God.

I, personally, believe that there is a God.

And no-one can prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I don't play pretend or make believe in my head, that would be lying to myself, and I don't like lying, particularly to myself. And besides, what if this contrived god of man is a false idol? I'd hate to make a mistake just because I was pretending a bunch of unsubstantiated b.s. was true and end up in hell one day, ha.

The last time I checked there were some 4000 religions on Earth, each with a different version of god. This obviously means that, at best, only 1 religion is correct, while the rest are lying out their ass, and at worst, they all are liar liars.

Nope, without some kind of concrete proof, I would not risk playing pretend or make-believe when it comes to any possible god. If any god wants me to kiss its ass, it will have to prove itself before me first! And, it would also need to explain to me why I should worship its. In fact, it might have to force me to worship it, because I'm not an ass kisser. That's pretty demented to demand others should worship you .. a clear sign of a deranged egotistical megalomaniac god if there is such a god. If there is a god, I would doubt that it would be such an ass to demand everyone should worship it, him, her, whatever it may be, or banish us to hell for not playing pretend and make-believe. If there is such a god, that god is a POS, just like any other dictator.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
... but God has existed forever and will exist forever.

You made that up, didn't you. Or, you heard it from someone else that made it up. Substantiate your claim. If you can't substantiate such a claim, then you ARE just making that up, and that is called pretending, playing make-believe, like children do.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

... but God has existed forever and will exist forever.

You made that up, didn't you. Or, you heard it from someone else that made it up. Substantiate your claim. If you can't substantiate such a claim, then you ARE just making that up, and that is called pretending, playing make-believe, like children do.

It's a matter of faith. I can't prove something that requires faith.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

It's a matter of faith. I can't prove something that requires faith.

Faith must mean playing make-believe, pretend. That could be construed as worshiping a false idol, could it not?

For the record, I am agnostic, and I will not risk playing make-believe and worship a pretend idol in my head, it is not within my capacity as a mature logical sensible adult to do so. Fool me once with that Santa bit, shame on humanity. Fool me twice with that God bit, shame on me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join