It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
what amount of brains do ya need?
I want to the same question except what would it take for you to believe? What amount of evidence do you need to beleive God is your creator? What amount of logic do you need to understand God is your creator?
Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers
Old boy would get tired real fast of the "Why?" questions I threw at him. I might have a few suggestions to help make things better that could be frowned upon.
The thing is... it is the very same God that made us thinking beings. It is odd for God or Christians to frown upon questioning since God is the one who made us that way!
Like my sig says, "God loves honest atheist (or questioning people)" That is very apropos for this topic.
Originally posted by Atlantican
He is that he IS.
Originally posted by Republican08
Can't really go cottonswabbing mary's vagina now can we? No offense.
Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
What would it take for ME to believe in a God? Well I am going to tell you OP
Without saying what I believe.
Without insulting you or your beliefs.
Without attempting to change the subject.
Without using the cop out of "Finding out at Death".
Without saying there is NOTHING that will make me believe.
Buckle up, we are about to go for a ride.
1) Be able to tell me out loud exactly what I was thinking in my head.
2) Be able to tell me the exact recollection of events that happened to me at any part of my life.
3) Be able to do these things with other people being present and to also do these things to the people present as well.
3) Be able to defy the laws of Physics in front of me...such examples that I would be willing to accept are making fire burn in a controlled environment where no fuels exist. Turning Solid metals into liquids and gases.
4) Transport matter instantly from one spot to another, make matter completely disappear, duplicate matter, Create matter out of thin air.
5) Make an amputee's limb grow back. Make ALL amputee's on Earth limbs grow back at the same time.
6) Bring the dead back to life.
7) God cannot be able to be harmed by any means as far as projectiles, Chemicals, Temperature, Lack of oxygen, Starvation, Dehydration, Being Crushed by force or a weight, exposure to radiation, exposure to pressure, and any other way we could think of to injure God.
8) God must be able to rearrange the location of the planets and moons and even go so far as to be able to arrange the Stars in the Universe to form different images that are visible from Earth.
9) God must be able to make the Sun change orbit at will.
10) God must be able to Rapidly advance evolution in a species to the point of a new species OR show an example of Creation where a new species is created and make an effort to explain to our puny minds how it is done.
11) God must be able to answer ANY and ALL questions that we can pose to it regarding Science, Mathematics, History, Art, Music or any known or unknown events that have ever happened in history.
12) God must be able to accurately 100% of the time be able to flawlessly predict the future for any event.
ALL of these actions must be performed in front of as large of a team that we can possibly get together to monitor these events in as strictly of a controlled environment with the strongest amount of scrutiny that we can have.
Members of the team could include people from every field (Biology, Archeology, Physics, Astrophysics, Mathematics, Historians, Skeptics, Magicians, Chemists, a WIDE range of Medical Professionals, Military, Politics, Members of EVERY branch of EVERY religious institution and anyone else you could think of to help make sure the testing is as strict as possible).
Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by spellbound
but if you believe in Jesus, that is the main thing, and if you don't, OK.
1. How old is the human race?
2. How many human civilizations?
3. How many deities?
Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by GorehoundLarry
well i guess you're an athiest, since you didn't answer the question
God is nothing but a myth
because of backwards thinking.
Jesus Christ all the way baby! never deny him.
[edit on 2-8-2009 by randyvs]
Originally posted by elarmstrongo
This may have already been asked, but if there is only one true god why are there so many religions that claim to be the one true religion? why are there so many false profits and how would an person on the planet know which is the real Slim Shady? For me it is LOGIC that tells me there is no god. in the original post you said logic tells you there is a god. it is not logical to say that some magical man who lives in the clouds, and has never been seen by a sane person created the universe and everything in it. I could go on for hours about contradictions in every part of the bible and how it actually was about things of the time. But that will never change anyone’s mind, because you believe what you want to. Brainwashed or not.
[edit on 2/8/09 by elarmstrongo]