It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for you to Believe!? (God)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This thread was inspired by another thread that asks:

What will it take for you to Stop Believing!? (Deity)

I want to the same question except what would it take for you to believe? What amount of evidence do you need to beleive God is your creator? What amount of logic do you need to understand God is your creator?

God created the heaven and earth. God created everything in heaven and earth and God created man then woman. God sent his only son to die for our sins and Jesus Christ will return. When he returns will you believe then? Or when the tribulation hit's will you believe then? Or will you be like the people of Noaha's time and laugh all the up untill you drown begging to be saved professing you are a believer? What are your plans? Are you going to wait till it is to late?

What will it take for you to BELIEVE?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Everyone is so eager to defend stop believing but no one wants to discuss believing and what it would take to get you to believe? Interesting...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The only thing i am going to ask is, do you believe god is alien?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Define alien?

Please?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What would it take for ME to believe in a God? Well I am going to tell you OP

Without saying what I believe.
Without insulting you or your beliefs.
Without attempting to change the subject.
Without using the cop out of "Finding out at Death".
Without saying there is NOTHING that will make me believe.

Buckle up, we are about to go for a ride.

1) Be able to tell me out loud exactly what I was thinking in my head.

2) Be able to tell me the exact recollection of events that happened to me at any part of my life.

3) Be able to do these things with other people being present and to also do these things to the people present as well.

3) Be able to defy the laws of Physics in front of me...such examples that I would be willing to accept are making fire burn in a controlled environment where no fuels exist. Turning Solid metals into liquids and gases.

4) Transport matter instantly from one spot to another, make matter completely disappear, duplicate matter, Create matter out of thin air.

5) Make an amputee's limb grow back. Make ALL amputee's on Earth limbs grow back at the same time.

6) Bring the dead back to life.

7) God cannot be able to be harmed by any means as far as projectiles, Chemicals, Temperature, Lack of oxygen, Starvation, Dehydration, Being Crushed by force or a weight, exposure to radiation, exposure to pressure, and any other way we could think of to injure God.

8) God must be able to rearrange the location of the planets and moons and even go so far as to be able to arrange the Stars in the Universe to form different images that are visible from Earth.

9) God must be able to make the Sun change orbit at will.

10) God must be able to Rapidly advance evolution in a species to the point of a new species OR show an example of Creation where a new species is created and make an effort to explain to our puny minds how it is done.

11) God must be able to answer ANY and ALL questions that we can pose to it regarding Science, Mathematics, History, Art, Music or any known or unknown events that have ever happened in history.

12) God must be able to accurately 100% of the time be able to flawlessly predict the future for any event.

ALL of these actions must be performed in front of as large of a team that we can possibly get together to monitor these events in as strictly of a controlled environment with the strongest amount of scrutiny that we can have.

Members of the team could include people from every field (Biology, Archeology, Physics, Astrophysics, Mathematics, Historians, Skeptics, Magicians, Chemists, a WIDE range of Medical Professionals, Military, Politics, Members of EVERY branch of EVERY religious institution and anyone else you could think of to help make sure the testing is as strict as possible).

How many was that 12? I could go on.

If you say these tests are impossible I say to you any being that I am willing to recognize as a God would have absolutely no problem doing any of these feats. In fact any being that I would be willing to consider a Consciousness in the Universe, a Oneness, a Controller of Souls or an Afterlife, The greatest Lifeform, A dimensionless entity or anything else you could label as a God with Power to affect the Universe would be able to do ALL of these feats INSTANTLY all at the same time. And then equally as fast reverse the effects.

I hope that answers the Question in your thread OP?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
to guys flying around in UFO's and abduct and anal probe people. ( im guessing thats what is meant by aliens )

------------------------------

also i dont think you can force anyone to believe just like you cannot make someone disbelieve.
just like in the other thread, there wont be an answer, just a circular discussion.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If this so called "god" character really wanted to work some miracles, he would muzzle his supposed followers.

Religion is a belief best kept to one self.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I guess I would believe when Muhammed finally comes back and tells me god is real. However so far religion has represented nothing more than greed, pain, anger, death and hate and the world can do without that filth in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

I believe in god/source/creator because things are just too perfect to be random in my opinion.

Not a big fan of organised religion though have to say

Is god an alien, as in space family? I've been feeling very strongly lately that we're gonna find out real soon. Is that weird or have others been feeling this too?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

Peace on Earth.

No wars, no starvation.

Clean water and food for everyone.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Nothing could make me believe. As an independent thinker I'm not really prone to brainwashing. As a responsible person, I don't believe everything is the will of god.

IRM

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
turkeyburgers?
yuck!
i'd believe even more if believers stopped entering into fool's arguments. There's no language that can summarze the state of teh soul imho.

no offense to anyone i may have had for lunch tady.
.....i guess maybe if we could just not all take ourselves too seriously????
i mean, an ant can go from a grain of sugar and back asking if it's sweet. who can prove him right/wrong until all the other ants have seen this grain? can he even prove to himselve he's seen it?

please, let's all jsut sit around in our unerwear after dinner and be like, hey, life's good.

edit: check out the person's thread pertaining to the wisdom of the natives, very recently. you'll find our answers are there, then, you'll not find them at all, because we are them!!

[edit on 2-8-2009 by heyo]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I already believe. Just the existence of the Anti-God threads, extreme pressure from the atheist cult to deny him and the strong sales pitches from those that feel the need to come out of the closet as unbelievers.

That is all the proof I need that God is indeed real and a threat to them. Apart from that, I have seen and experienced wonders that the scientific or atheistic mind couldn't comprehend. I should know, I was both for some time. I left the house of God and wasn't long crashing the doors back in after my own personal experience. No I'm not talking about church. Haven't been to one since the last funeral and I don't care to enter one again as they are ALL infiltrated & corrupted now as I see it. Easy money these days.

The money spent on "proving" his non existence is money spent as an investment from SOMEONE. Someone is selling the idea of atheism. Sure, the fake churches out there are selling hard too. Part of that is maybe the cause of atheism as is war, hate etc. Sure, lots of fly by night religions out there and lots of people backing them. But never before has there been more anti pressure than now. It's a STRONG fevered pitch on the tubes, especially in recent weeks.

Just a personal observation, many of the proponents of NOGOD are more than obviously living lifestyles that God wouldn't approve of. The self validation is the motivation for the strong and convincing sales pitch. Whatever!

God is indeed real and those flaming him will burn in the end. No doubt about it, no matter how hard they self validate and vindicate each other. Regret will wash over them like after a crime of passion. So be it.

He is that he IS.

In fact I would like more to NOT believe, openly and proudly, as it also saves me a LOT OF TIME when picking those I should trust, when I need to pick.

Come on atheists! Scream it from the tops of the mountains!!!

I don't believe... I KNOW and have ZERO DOUBTS and ZERO NEED to prove anything to anyone, along with ZERO need to preach. Like I said... Atheists, proclaim your non belief and march in the streets so we can see you.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

that's all you got?
expected better from you.
you, with your inormation bringing and reasonable assumptions.
shame on you.

i'd like to reiterate, as a christian, since it's apt, that the premise of the thead is dischord.
god forgive me if i spelt dischord wrong.
maybe there's an e.
maybe i just kicke d the e outta my house, i dunno, i'm not a doctor.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

All those could prove the existence of some sort of super advanced alien being.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Peace on Earth.

No wars, no starvation.

Clean water and food for everyone.

And more importantly scientific proof, rather than only conjecture.

What about the other planets in the universe? Earth is not the only place in the universe where there is life.... it would be like saying the only fish alive are in your back garden pond!

[edit on 2-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

what would it take for you to believe? What amount of evidence do you need to beleive God is your creator? What amount of logic do you need to understand God is your creator?

I think no "quantity" of logic or evidence is likely to compell me to believe in "God." Trying to convince me (and perhaps others) with logical arguments or "evidence" is probably a waste of your time.

If you really want to generate belief, the basic formula is to create an emotionally charged scenario that has both benefit to the potential new believer if he belives it, negative consequences if he doesn't, and is compatible with his existing beliefs. The standard Christian dogma of "all powerful God who loves you" combined with the "doom and loom and hellfire" of disbelief comes close to this...and this is why people in prisons, life-or-death situations, etc. tend to have such high conversaion rates. However, you generally fail to acknowledge the neccessity of providing a scenario that is basically compatible with the potential recruits existing belief systems. If a person already believes that there is "a God" it will easier to convince them to belive in your God than someone who firmly believes that there is no God. If, for example, a person has grown up in a family that made a regular habit of ridiculing religious people, they likely have a considerable basis of belief associating religion with idiocy, foolishness, etc. These existing beliefs act as "friction" that hinder your efforts to provide them the beliefs that you want them to have. Very simply...if someone believes that people who believe in God are idiots, then it will probably be more difficult to convince them to believe in God because they don't want to believe that they're an idiot. In cases like this, removing the existing beliefs may make the process of instilling new beliefs considerably easier.

God created the heaven and earth. God created everything in heaven and earth and God created man then woman. God sent his only son to die for our sins and Jesus Christ will return. When he returns will you believe then? Or when the tribulation hit's will you believe then?

Let me answer in this way: If a smiling, bearded man in a robe personally descended from the skies before me, floated up and say "Hello. I'm Jesus. I'm here to save you." I would not immediately assume that the interpretation of the Jesus phenomenon provided by Christians is neccesarily correct.

This is a very important thing o pay attention to. You are not merely trying to convince us to "believe in God." You are also trying to convince us to believe in a tremendous list of other things that are the consequence of the nature of your belief in God.

To believe what? In Jesus? Meeting the man might be sufficient. To believe in your particular interpretation of who is, what he is, and why he's here? That's more difficult to answer, but in my case the essential problem would be as described above. I have a lifetimes worth of existing beliefs built up that are largely incompatible with the beliefs you would like me to have. Belief in Jesus would be fairly simple. The basic concept of a spiritually more aware being coming to visit the earth and be helpful isn't at all incompatible with my existing beliefs. I may observe essentially the same phenomenon in action when I let a cat out of a locked garage. Again, simply having the opportunity to sit down and talk to him for a few hours would probably be enough.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

All those could prove the existence of some sort of super advanced alien being.

Oh good kind Sir for if there existed such an Alien I would indeed request the confirmation of a "soul" or "spirit" from it. And if none existed I would request the creation of one. And if no afterlife existed this Alien would be powerful enough to create one and I would mention it to "It".

Maybe buy it a copy of "Godhood" for dummies.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

This thread was inspired by another thread that asks:

What will it take for you to Stop Believing!? (Deity)

I want to the same question except what would it take for you to believe? What amount of evidence do you need to beleive God is your creator? What amount of logic do you need to understand God is your creator?

God created the heaven and earth. God created everything in heaven and earth and God created man then woman. God sent his only son to die for our sins and Jesus Christ will return. When he returns will you believe then? Or when the tribulation hit's will you believe then? Or will you be like the people of Noaha's time and laugh all the up untill you drown begging to be saved professing you are a believer? What are your plans? Are you going to wait till it is to late?

What would it take for me to believe in the Christian God? Cause that is exactly what you are talking about. This thread is not an opposite of Republican08's because he asked about a Deity, not the Christian God.

I would believe in the Christian God when and IF there is ever proof he/she existed. Have god come down and leave a turd on my front lawn made of pure gold and MAYBE I would believe then.

If the Catholics come clean about the bible revisions over the past 2 millenia and released the REAL bible into the public for mass production.

If Christ set a dinner date with me and proved he is divine. How? Oh I don't know, he could possibly answer one of the hundreds of prayers I sent his way when I WAS a believer.

No matter though. I found solace and enlightenment through quantum mechanics and Buddhism. Your God may work for you, but I would never believe again unless the aforementioned things happened. But they won't, so I give up.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
What will it take to BELIEVE? A belief is meaningless. Anybody can PRETEND and play MAKE-BELIEVE. I don't want to play PRETEND or MAKE-BELIEVE, I want to live with and in the TRUTH .. not lies, not made up beliefs, not b.s.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join