It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for you to Believe!? (God)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
What will it take for you to BELIEVE?

Why is belief (in God) necessary ?

Self importance and subconscious fear of non-existance are in the the core of belief in God.

Some of us do not carry that burden, all those who are free know exactly what I'm talking about ...

Again.

Why is belief (in God) necessary ?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I feel so special and my ego is boosted!

lol. What would it take for me to believe.

Evidence? Perhaps beyond a shadow of a doubt.

At least if the judeo god is real, to be able to have evidence of a miracle.

Can't really go cottonswabbing mary's vagina now can we? No offense.

Or maybe if miracles still occured.

Just seems quite bizarre that all these famous law of physics defying miracles, disappered when rationality took over the human race, well for some of em.

There could be tons of things, but I doubt a deity would try this hard to hide himself, sorry can't buy this whole, go against your evolutionary insticts and believe in nonsense, then you will make it to heaven.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

The people who do not believe in God will not change until they have proof.

And by the time they have proof, it will be too late for them.

God has asked us to have faith in what we cannot understand, and the cynics do not.

End of story.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
For him to smack me in the face with his invisible hand and say "HELLO?!?!" Oh and for Jesus to appear when we ask for him like he promised in the bible.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Oh good kind Sir for if there existed such a Alien I would indeed request the confirmation of a "soul" or "spirit" from it. And if none existed I would request the creation of one. And if no afterlife existed this Alien would be powerful enough to create one and I would mention it to "It".

That would only prove that soul or spirit exists. You see where this is going?

If something miraclous happens, why does it ALWAYS have to be from God?

Even if I died and went to heaven with Jesus and God and everybody else from the Bible, I would still question everything. It could be that my soul was transported to some other planet by advanced aliens.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

The people who do not believe in God will not change until they have proof.

And by the time they have proof, it will be too late for them.

God has asked us to have faith in what we cannot understand, and the cynics do not.

End of story.

Sorry to break it to you, but God never really said anything to "Us". It was said in an old book that was written by different people and that cannot even be contiguous with itself. And if God DID say something to you personally, then I suggest getting a few scans done on the brain.

The truth is, the only proof to Gods existence that any of you "Believers" can give, is passages from the holy bible. The same passages that are referred to over and over again everywhere. Granted, science can be about as murky as religion, at least there is a process for TRYING at the very least, to understand why things happen. And Christian belief would just have us tuck our heads into our behinds and wait for a God to save us.

This is my last post in this thread, I promise. Because it is kind of pointless. None of you people really exist anyways. It's all a creation of my mind.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Phew,

I am so glad that you entered this discussion and enlightened us all.

I know that the Bible was written by many people telling many lies.

I know churches are corrupt because everything mankind makes becomes corrupt.

And how do you presume to know what God has said or not said to me?

It is you who needs the shrink (and a course at the school of politeness).

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Sorry Mr Toodles, it was that Death/Dark angel creature I meant to address.

The one who doesn't believe in us - therefore we don't exist.

The name says it all.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Oh how satan has weaved a perfect web of deciet, it is so clear in the non beleivers reply's. The Bible has been twisted and perverted to the point that people who do not study it and it's history in complete belief of God and Christ become so cofused and are mistaken by it's purity and meaning. They cannot comprehend so they discard it as real.

Satan is the current ruler of our world and it is so very clear everywhere you look. That is why there is war, hate, crime, starvation.

You poor lost souls. I am sure there is nothing I can say or prove to you because when a heart is hard it is imposible to penetrate. When all of your requests are met, when you have suffeciant proof it will be too late and yet some are so self loving and arrogant that they will deny God even as they are drowning.

Again I pray for you all to seek the truth about God. Pray and turn your lives over before it is too late. I lived for many years searching for altenatives to God and I was so empty. Once you soften your heart and educate yourself God will give you an explosion of knowlege that man made logic could never do. You will be at complete peace and filled with joy. I promise. But if you are content to serve satan even in the name of what you think is good and self rightouse then by all means it is your life. You have free will God gave you the freedom to serve the master of your choice.

The ones that wrote that Christianity is perverse you are mostly right. It is impossible to find a Church or group that follows exactly what the Bible says to. Cathalasism is a very perverted form of Christianity (sorry if you are Catholic). Please do not allow this to keep you from the truth. The truth is out there. Knock and he will answer, ask and he will answer. How do I know? 1. The Bible told me so and 2. I have experieced it... God bless you even if you do not want him too...

(spelling)

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Yes Melissa,

I totally agree with you.

And I cannot believe the arrogance of the non-believers - well, maybe I should, because arrogance was what led Lucifer to fall.

And arrogance will trip him up, as it will all arrogant people.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
What would it take for ME to believe in a God? Well I am going to tell you OP

Buckle up, we are about to go for a ride.

1) Be able to tell me out loud exactly what I was thinking in my head.

2) Be able to tell me the exact recollection of events that happened to me at any part of my life.

3) Be able to do these things with other people being present and to also do these things to the people present as well.

When you are alone, or compromised, or earily, thoughts that cross your mind are so sinister and unholy, so evil in fact, that amazement envelopes you, it strikes, then shocks you and make the hairs of your neck stand up, and a feeling of shame emerges briefly then morphs into murderous thoughts.....

Then by not answering, you can know there is a God for, should there not be a God, evil would run rampage over your phsyche and kaos would unfold as evil falsely professes to be God and answers your questions with 100% accuracy and unwaivering in the whole truth.

However, if evil told of any times in your past, and explores every crevass of your most devious and personal thoughts, and how each becomes more exposing of skeletons that in subconcious are held in check so the mental images do not drive you insane, then evil would defile you so, insanity comes to sweep up the mess.

Since this doesn't happen, God has to be real, preventing evil from desacrating you.

If you say, well nothing happens because there is no God, then I ask;
Since there is no God, there can also be no creation, devine mystery or infinite life.

There is no creation:
Evolution is now proven. Without a chain linking out ancestory beyond "primates", we say it is unneccessary because there is no God, there is no other solution.
We take the same logic to the big bang theory.
It is a theory no more. Since there is no God, this is how we prove the big bang is real.

Devine mystery:
Since there is no creation, devine mystery [of creation] is moot.

Infinite Life:
Since there is no infinitity, lacking God to create one, everything must begin and end.

What is the beginning? When will the end come?

That is the problem. The harsh realiy of the no God theory.

With God, pondering the beginning, which the realisation of, and answer to with real understanding and comprehension, is but impossible to fathom.

That is what brings about the Devine Mystery. Since we cannot absorb the understandings of these things, we attribute these as Mysteries of God, thus Devine, inclusive; Creation.

Now if there is no God, the explaination of deciphering time, is an enigma eternal. Eternal things would not exist, for they would be infinite.
There is an end. What is the ending digit of Pi?

The answers are contrary to each other in every conceivable manner lacking God. The answers are so illogical, to believe them would make one an idiot.
Still, there is no proof, because all those present would, (after their betrayal of subconcious by proxy; [evil]), have gone insane, thus there is nothing left but God or ...?

IMHO, with God, our presence and that of the universes portay logic, whereas without God, everything is contrary and illogical.

And, God although mysterious, would not chastise you to the nakedness of your core just because you asked for proof.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

And I cannot believe the arrogance of the non-believers

How is it arrogant for us to ask simple questions? We are not trying to "defeat" God or trying to be "like God" like Satan.

Remember, in your belief, God is the one who made us with the ability to think and ask questions. And that's a good thing! Questioning things prevents you from believing anything.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

"Even if I died and went to heaven with Jesus and God and everybody else from the Bible, I would still question everything. It could be that my soul was transported to some other planet by advanced aliens." -Deaf Alien

That is hardcore! I would too! I would probably get kicked out for asking too many questions and "Trying to be like the most high". Old boy would get tired real fast of the "Why?" questions I threw at him. I might have a few suggestions to help make things better that could be frowned upon.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

You are preaching to many ex-christians here. Many ATS members have been there and done that. They have believe, got saved, the whole nine yards.

You have a legitimate question here in the OP. It brings up many good questions. Don't ruin it by preaching or nobody will listen to you.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I did not mean you, or anyone who questions with an open heart.

I was riled by the dark angel/atheist/death person whose post was offensive.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Old boy would get tired real fast of the "Why?" questions I threw at him. I might have a few suggestions to help make things better that could be frowned upon.

The thing is... it is the very same God that made us thinking beings. It is odd for God or Christians to frown upon questioning since God is the one who made us that way!

Like my sig says, "God loves honest atheist (or questioning people)" That is very apropos for this topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
Oh how satan has weaved a perfect web of deciet, it is so clear in the non beleivers reply's.

So now it's Satan's fault for us not believing in your fairy tale?

It couldn't possibly be that there has never been any proof for the existence of your god other than your work of fiction known as the bible.

It couldn't possibly be that religion has shown us the true ignorance it takes to be a believer. You say you have such a loving god then turn and wage war in god's name. Talk about hypocrisy.

You want to know what it would take for me to believe? Someone here already answered that. God needs to make him or herself known to the world, and not through his crazy followers. Come down from his throne and end all wars and punish severely all those that have waged said wars in god's name, hunger, rape, child abuse..etc..you know all the things a true loving god would never allow to happen. But of course you'll say well that's god's will. If that's your gods will he/she isn't as loving as you make him/her out to be is he/she?

How about some miracles. God supposedly was so involved in our lives thousands of years ago and actually punished evildoers,while at the same time playing sick and twisted jokes on his most devout followers, Job ring a bell?

Here's a question for you. What would it take for you to believe in Santa Claus? The Easter bunny? Same concept really. Just a fairy tale that I grew out of when I was old enough to think for myself. Anyone I have ever known personally that has stepped away from the church long enough to have their own thoughts has seen religion for what it really is. A joke.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Yes, it is Satan's fault.

Why not have a little bit of faith?

Do you believe that the world you see around you is all that exists?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Here's a question for you. What would it take for you to believe in Santa Claus?

Actually, there is an hidden point in that question that I brought up in other posts.

Suppose it was proven to me that Santa Claus "exists". Then I would imagine a vast system of secret workers everywhere doing the deeds for "Santa Claus" (maybe elves?
) See where I am going with this? How can you TRULY know that Santa Claus exist?

If I ever meet God or Jesus, the first thing I would ask is, "are you an alien?" He could be a super advanced alien being. An hologram. Lesser god. Etc, etc.

People try to define God as this or that. Perhaps we should listen to Taoism.

"The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal Name."

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Because I'm not foolish enough to believe in something NO person has EVER seen simply because some book says I should. A book mind you that has no evidence to back up it's claims. You may be foolish enough to blindly follow but there are those of us that actually have the ability for rational thought. For crying out loud just look at Scientology or Mormons. People actually believe that crap? Seriously?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join