It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mirthful Me

"Chillax" - I second that motion. I do not wish administrative plague upon anyone.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

I didn't write the laws of this planet - God did. And you can take your case up with Him - you'll have the chance, regardless if you believe or not.

Who is this "god" that you talk about? People like yourself love to talk about "god" like you have a clue what you are talking about. Please explain this "god" in a non-egotistical way. I seriously doubt that you can.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by truthtothemasses

I'll take that question even if it wasn't directed towards me.

God is the essence of everything, of existence, of the cosmos, of man. God is what is.

God is the "glue" that holds everything together. He is in everything and everything in Him. He is infinity.

Was that egotistical? And btw, I don't expect you to understand because God is both, understood, yet misunderstood in the same respect.

A2D

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Who is this "god" that you talk about? People like yourself love to talk about "god" like you have a clue what you are talking about. Please explain this "god" in a non-egotistical way. I seriously doubt that you can.

The challenge is on you, my friend - you are the one seeking answers. You
should be the one to peek into the Bible for your answers.

"This God" is your God also - if you choose Him to be your God. If you choose not to, that is entirely your choice. God doesn't force Himself upon anyone.

Edit b/c I deleted the original poster's identification.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
And a voice boomed from this post...

Chillax... Lest you be afflicted with a plague of administrative action...

Then there was peace and decorum... And it was good...

Thanks.

lolol ok now that's a cute discipline - thank you, Mod.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
See, TruthOfTheMasses - this is how *I* see it. God has been around lonnng before you, or your generation, or this planet, for that matter.

He was here at the beginning - He isn't something the Christians decided to conjure up to 'brainwash' the masses.

It has been God from the start all along - who came along and started
allowing his greed, vanity and ego to take God's place?

Mankind, that's who.

The same mankind that decided that he didn't like God's Bible - he found it just a bit too restrictive for 'his' choice of lifestyle and behaviors. Mankind is funny like that - he doesn't like to be told, by anyone, what he can or can't do. That's called pride - and arrogance.

To bottom line it, mankind has decided that he doesn't need God - that he has gotten through life just fine on his own without God's help. Or at least so he thinks.

I don't know you, but I pray for you as I pray for all non believers. But you won't be the Lone Ranger in the non belief line on Judgement Day. You'll be joined by the likes of Brad Pitt, Lisa Presley, John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Jenna Elfman, ......... the list goes on and on and on. Yep, all of those high class celebs are just a few who, like yourself, have decided that they don't need God either.

See, it doesn't matter what you have in life, or what you've accomplished. What matters is going to be the day that Jesus returns and you are brought before God Himself to account for your life, as well as your disbelief.

You can play macho man and tough guy all you want right now - but the joke is going to be on you on that final day.

All of us will die - you can't escape death. The question is, are you prepared for it.

I would guess that you're under the age of 40? I do feel for your generation as you have grown up with the 'you can choose which God you want to serve, or choose not to serve one at all" mentality.

Your generation has been dealt a very bad hand in the card game of life.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

It's clear that you and the others that responded to my post didn't understand my question.

What is "god"? The quotations are key here. You respond as if you KNOW what/how "god" is. I've learn, through experience, that people like yourself are not on the path of wisdom or knowledge. You already "know' what "god" is, therefore, there is nothing else to learn.

People like you see the word god as something sacred. It is not. G-O-D means absolutely nothing. It is a mere utterance.

I'll ask the question again in hopes that I get an intelligent/wise response. What is "god"?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

So are you "god" as well?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I myself am not God, merely a part.

God is everything in one. It's an impossible concept to grasp using our limited concepts of mathematics and physics. The only way this knowledge is gained is through a personal relationship.

A2D

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

God is everything in one. It's an impossible concept to grasp using our limited concepts of mathematics and physics. The only way this knowledge is gained is through a personal relationship.

A2D

How are you not "god" if you yourself say you are a part of this "god"? Then you say that the only way to gain this knowledge is to have a personal relationship with this "god". Are you talking about the "god" part within yourself, or some outside source?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I am not God because God is the whole and I am merely a part. The personal relationship is the 'part' reconnecting with the 'whole'.

Like I said, I really am not expecting you to understand. Understanding is something that one must gain on their own, not through words. On the same note, I am not trying to change your mind or somehow "enlighten" you. I am still, and will always remain, in the learning phase just like you friend.

Hopefully you are open minded enough to actually pose these questions out of real curiosity. I do hope you find what you are looking for, whatever it may be, in this grand journey we call life.

A2D

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Wow that was an amazing message as far as I'm concerned! It is a tough one for the unbeliever because it will incite their anger but that is how it goes unfortunately. The end times are a time where most will be unbeliever's and that is the sad truth of it all. I think that people who think for themselves is a positive thing because it is the hope that the great veil will be lifted from their eyes but the reality of the matter is that it probably won't.

It is a scary journey that each person has to take in these end times because there is no other chance after this.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

A2D

How are you not "god" if you yourself say you are a part of this "god"? Then you say that the only way to gain this knowledge is to have a personal relationship with this "god". Are you talking about the "god" part within yourself, or some outside source?

it seems you have made this thread become a very heated debate. you are being very aggressive with what you are saying. im not saying i cant answer your questions im saying im not going to. i will however answer your question if you stop being such a angry bum lol. love you brother.

[edit on 14/09/2009 by the illuminator]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Reply to post by the illuminator

if that post doesn't deserve a star then the mods should just get rid of the star feature!

Thank you for that.

A2D

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

It's all good my friend. I tend to come into these religious forums every now and then to see what people are thinking. I like to challenge them sometimes. You seem to have a grasp about what I'm talking about.

The word god is irrelevant, unfortunately people tend to worship words and symbols but have no idea what they are actually talking about or what they are worshipping.

God is meaningless. It is just a word. If you seperate this "god" from yourself you only create ignorance and confusion among yourself and others.

I believe in not a god but a creator. A source, a it, a something that happened, but I do not believe in a "man god". It's completely childish to believe so. There is no heaven or hell in afterlife, this exists here on earth. Only children believe such stupid garbage.
Unfortunately we have 50+ year old children living and influencing our society.

I will give the answer to my own question since the vast majority won't understand. We are the "gods". We are all Jesus, Buddha, etc. We are the universe, we are the stars. Death is irrelavent. We are all immortal but 99.99% of you can't understand this because you think that you ego is actually REAL!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

For the most part I concur.

We differ in beliefs about our role with God. You say we are "gods". I say everything combined, sound waves, gravity, mankind, stars, water, amoebas, neutrons, gluons, blue whales....we're all a PART of God. Everything represents a characteristic of God, because God IS everything.

You say that there is no heaven/hell, and I can kinda agree in that I don't believe the literal biblical version. IMHO, heaven is being reunited with God(think of a puzzle, when pieced together it is a whole, yet when it's scattered is it not still a "whole" puzzle?) and Hell is nonexistence.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I sense that you are are on the same path as myself.

Never underestimate your own ability. Fear nothing. This is the only way you can "advance" inside this lie. For the love of "god" jesus even says that anybody can reach the level that he achieved and go beyond, but of course his sayings are not embraced by 99.99999999999999% of "christians". Pathetic.

You are you, you are your neighbor, you are your father, your mother, your sister, your teacher. You are Jesus and you are the "christ" if you choose to be so. You are evil and good all in one. We are all the same, hence, we ARE "GOD", we all started from the beginning and will end up in the same place. We have existed before our own present egos and will continue to exist forever.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Your animated comparison between belief in god and belief that a tsunami is a perfect example of your inability to use logic. You could argue however that, if I was uninformed and lived in a closed society that had never even heard of tsunamis then, surely you would be correct. However, I am well informed about god and have been since I was but a wee boy. I went to church, I studied the bible, and I even went to different churches with different ridiculous cult practices. None of it ever sat right with me I spent my own time investigating and quickly it became aware to me the religion and man's idea of god was a complete fallacy. You will never convince of your god through use of the bible or typical xtian rederick, why, because I have already been through years of listening to such mumbo jumbo and actively taken part in countless bible studies. It was a part of my life I never enjoyed and never convinced me that was a biblical god.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Reply to post by GenLo

I believe his analogy to a tsunami goes like this:

You live in an INFORMED society that has heard about tsunamis. Yet they have never seen them and can't explain how they occur so they simply don't believe they are real. They consider them "myths" of the old ages.

This still doesn't quite fit to MY liking though. Simply for the reason that I would prefer to say something like this:

You may know what a subatomic particle is, and what a "gluon" is, but where did it all come from? Something has to set the basis for how stuff works. Universal laws can't have ALWAYS existed if "God can't have ALWAYS existed"("..."=not my words). But still you believe these universal laws as fact. You have no firsthand knowledge of where they came from or why yet they still affect you. Thus it is with God. Though you have no firsthand knowledge of where God came from or how, God still affects you.

The only difference in God and these universal laws is that you have opened your eyes and ears and allowed the laws to be perceived. You have closed your mind to the idea of God. In effect, once the mind is closed, so too close the eyes, the ears, and the heart.

It is easy to believe in the universal laws because they are a constant that we can visually perceive. They have no will of their own, like basic machinery.

God on the otherhand does not work in that manner. He works in a manner in which we must CHOOSE to perceive. With sin, we cut out our own eyes with which to perceive the works of God.

I do not view God as a person, don't misinterpret what I have said here. God is in everything and everything in Him. We have to choose to see that. He is the essence of existence.

Alpha-Omega beginning-end He is who He is He is, is what is to come, and what has always been...there's no easy way to put it.

Take every aspect of every functioning organism/particle/law/whatever, roll it into one big bundle, place a name tag on it, and voila!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Can you prove the bible IS true?
Can you prove you exist, and we're all just not figments of your imagination, as is your God?
Can you prove that religion was just a big lie to make it easier for men to obey laws and have a better reason to want to do so?
I don't know if that makes sense, I'm not exactly what most people would consider sober, right now.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join