It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Those that say He isn't the only way are on the same team
as Oprah.

That's company I don't wish to keep.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I greatly dislike thread titles such as these.

I went to catechism and church when i was a kid and eventually decided that I wasn't down with Christianity, so i've been doing my own thing since i've been about 13....and I personally have no complaints. There are PLENTY of other ways to do things, and just because you believe wholeheartedly in something doesn't mean that it is right for ALL of us. I don't understand how alot of religious people will invoke the name of JC(or any other religious icon/prophet/savior) with this sense of some kind of moral superiority. Believe in it all you want, but that doesn't necessarily make you a better person than I.
It's okay to get a little righteous about something that you feel passionately about, but I think "to each their own" is an extremely valid sentiment when talking about personal beliefs. I think JC would've agreed with me on that one.

*End threadjack*

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Just remember that the entire "self" mentality is discussed at length over and over in the Bible.

"men will be lovers of self" and so forth.

Don't be one of the millions and millions that satan is able to deceive.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah.

Are you serious?
If Jesus Christ was the only person to claim to be the messiah, then why was he killed?
MANY people claimed to be the messiah, and in my opinion, they were ALL crazy.
How could the bible accurately predict the coming of Christ, if Christ hasn't come?
It's such ignorance that made me become atheist.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Anyone watch zeitgeist? So far there have only been two things I have heard educated xtians ever say was wrong and later discredit the entirety of the beginning of the film and those two are?
1. The name of one of the goddesses was wrong!
Well I went I looked it up and actually its correct! The goddess went by two names depending on where you were from.
2. The number of apostles that other deities had was wrong!
Well I got to hand it to them but, they were right! Two of the deities I think either had no apostles or the number was different!

Thats all they gave me! Hey if you watch zeitgeistmovie.com today and have other errors you would like to point out I would be glad to research them for you! Anyway the most important thing about zeitgeist is what it mentions about Paganism and events in the bible and their real meaning (which is what was also borrowed from other religions) in relation to what was happening in our cosmos!!!

And I guess I need to wait around to Jim Scott gets back to answer how the peasants who recorded jesus journey or other events in the bible were so educated! Its almost as if everyone before the middle ages were scribes! AMAZING!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i hope he gets here soon.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

Whoa, this thread has been allowed in this conspiracy forum this long base on a personal opinion?

Common mods this doesn't belong here.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeblerelf

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah.

Are you serious?
If Jesus Christ was the only person to claim to be the messiah, then why was he killed?
MANY people claimed to be the messiah, and in my opinion, they were ALL crazy.
How could the bible accurately predict the coming of Christ, if Christ hasn't come?
It's such ignorance that made me become atheist.

The Bible DID prophesy the birth of the Messiah, and I am providing a link, which I am SURE you won't use, detailing the countless prophecies which were fulfilled at His birth.

www.cynet.com...

Posts like yours are such ignorance that made me become a Christian.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just to clear this up, I am agnostic. But I wonder what would happen if Jesus Christ actually did return. Would he be accepted and worshiped? Or would he be cast out and called insane? As history as shown us, there have been numerous people who have called themselves the messiah, and it usually does not end well. What would happen if the true messiah actually returned? He'd probably be born again through a human, like he supposedly did the first time. How would people know he was actually Jesus Christ? Because he could perform miracles? Wouldn't it be considered blasphemous to ask Jesus to prove that he is who he says he is? After all, faith in general is basically believing in something without having physical proof.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
as Oprah.

It's amazing how people call themselves Christians and yet they obviously have very little understanding of what the religion teaches. Didn't Jesus preach compassion? Love thy neighbor, live and let live, hate the sin not the sinner?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by guillotinegleam

Christians who follow the bible are hypocrites. Period, they have no excuse and they sin everyday.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

I don't even believe in the concept of "Good VS Evil", "God VS Satan", because it is FAR too black and white....especially within the context of modern day society.

As far as loving myself goes, well YEAH I do love myself....in that I have self-respect, great friends and family, and a decent life in general. If it's bad to NOT be afraid of everything that is different or new, than YES i'm a very bad person. I am not so easily deceived btw.....if anything, I would think that those who tend to not question things as much would be much more easily deceived.

And make no mistake, I believe that there is some kind of a higher power, BUT I do not buy your or any other religion. There are too many questions, and too many religious ideologies that are far older. In fact, many Christian customs were hi-jacked from Pagans a VEEEERY long time ago.
That in and of itself is a HUGE red flag for me.

I respect your beliefs though, just wanted to throw my opinion out there. You should've just ignored my original post lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Just out of curiousity, have you ever heard of The Crusades?
Love thy neighbor though, mmhhmm.

p.s. BURN THE WITCH!!! HERETIC!! BURN HER!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Reply to post by mpriebe81

By chance have you done research, I mean REAL research, into the crusades?

Religion is way too often used as a mask.

I for one will be the first to let one make up their own mind. I can provide knowledge of scripture and personal experience if need be. To be quite honest, I won't be able to refute EVERYTHING against a personal religion...note PERSONAL, not organised. However, you as well will not be able to refute EVERYTHING I state. And so I say, do as you wish and I hope that someday soon your eyes are opened to the beauty and love that abounds with every breath of this universe.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by guillotinegleam

as Oprah.

It's amazing how people call themselves Christians and yet they obviously have very little understanding of what the religion teaches. Didn't Jesus preach compassion? Love thy neighbor, live and let live, hate the sin not the sinner?

Ok, I'm going to bite -

I didn't say I 'hated' Oprah. I do not like her 'company' or anyone who follows her 'new age' garbage.

Why is it that any time a Christian gives their opinion on someone or something, someone will always toss in that tired defense about 'thou shalt not judge'.
If you would actually read the Bible, you would realize how much out of context that phrase is used - by non Christians.

It's just like John 3:16 - yep, the signs you see posted at sports games - people have it in their heads that that one particular phrase is allllllllll ya need to know in order to receive salvation. When in reality, the Bible makes it crystal clear that you have to repent, and turn from your sins, AND believe in Jesus Christ.

And to back up my original post, Oprah - or anyone that subscribes to her new age mumbo jumbo is not company I wish to keep.

P.S. Christianity isn't a "religion" - mankind is who created 'religions', not God. That is b/c in the beginning, there was God - He made His laws and there was no one else BUT God.

Man, as usual, is responsible for the mess that people want to call "religions" that you see in the world today.
And I'm very 'compassionate' about my dislike for the new age agenda. Key word being "new" - as in 'manmade' - as usual.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo

Christians who follow the bible are hypocrites. Period, they have no excuse and they sin everyday.

And you are most correct - Christians do sin everyday - all of us do. Why is it that non Christians want to continue saying that all Christians are somehow supposed to be sin free and perfect, or that they all think they are.

We aren't, and I've never in my life heard a Christian claim they were. I know I never have - and never will. None of us are anywhere close to perfect. But we don't have to be perfect, or sin free, to receive salvation and enter Heaven. Jesus is the only man who walked a perfect journey on this planet - and we are supposed to try our best to be like Him.

Eternity is an awful long time to be wrong about it though.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by nomorecruelty

When you mentioned that most Christians think that just believing in Jesus will save them is what has inspired this reply.

My take on the matter is that when Jesus says he is the way, the life, and the truth, is that it is being misinterpreted. Christians often times take that very plainly IMO. They think, well Jesus lived the life all I have to do is believe in him. Well, I beg to differ.

Jesus says he is the way because living a LIFE like his is the only way. We have to BE like him, not BELIEVE in him, granted we need to believe too. However, God is the one who grants forgiveness, Jesus is the one that makes it possible.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I have a good friend who uses the John 3:16 as her "ticket" to Heaven. That is why I mentioned that. And exactly - we are to be Christ-like but none of us have or ever will be - at least not in the natural.

There's so much that we, as humans, don't understand about God, Jesus and Heaven - and eternity. But we aren't supposed to - yet anyhow. The Bible says we will know after Jesus returns.

That's why I try to stay out of the 'natural' in the world - I sometimes find myself trying to avoid this forum because of all of the hatred for Christ. No offense to the ATS'ers.

It just makes me sad sometimes that so many people are placing their eternal bets on this 'world' and 'mankind'.

That is what I do hate - satan's tactics.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

China is a bad place for a Christian, I agree - sad story you shared though.

But in America, they have taken God and prayer out of schools, they are trying to push in homosexual propaganda, and there is a huge atheist movement stirring -

God and prayer were never originally part of the American Education system, they were not intended to be, and they were added on in the late 1890's and early 1900's. This coincides with historical revivalism and the popularity of the Millerites who invented the entire concept of Rapture, which did not exist prior to then. We now know the Millerites as the Seventh Day Adventists.

Need I remind anyone how barry soetero made them cover the cross up before he spoke at the college?

It is only just beginning here but it is out there and will get worse as we go along.

You are somehow under the mistaken impression, I must assume from media propoganda, that the United States is a Christian Nation. It is not, and it was never intended to be.

The national anthem, as originally written, is devoid of "God" in any sense of the word. It was the recommendation of a pastor to one of our presidents to put into the National Anthem, which occurred in 1954. The Pledge of Allegiance was originally written by a man named Francis Bellamy, and God was explicitly left out of the damn thing.

As it relates to taking God out of things, if God is God man can no more remove him than you can remove your sense of self righteousness.

It is not man's responsibility to spread the word of God. God is a divine entity that ill requires the deficient means by which Humans propogate memes. Indeed, the very requisite nature of God's reliance upon us either does God a serious disservice in consideration of his capacity's or not enough on behalf of Man.

If original sin is to be believed, God not only does not require any rendering of our assistance, but we are abysmal failures which for some reason are graced with a paramount importance to an entity far outstripping our conceivable potentials; a nonsensical sentiment upon the very face of it.

If it isn't to be believed, then we may very well conclude that our god-endowed gifts are tasked at the superpositional exceeding of our maker in the inclination towards impetus driving us ever across the horizon, till when we meet our maker we stand on equal footing with it/him/her/xerm.

In either and all cases, I find that I must invariably defer to previous posters of a patronizingly puerile pressage; you aren't interested in a conversation as much as the sound of your own voice.

I suppose this is my form of "WELCOME" to you, whom I shall call another "LOUD HOWARD".

Sound and Fury, signifying nothing inDEED.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by TheColdDragon]

[edit on 19-9-2009 by TheColdDragon]

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join