It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Yes, I am quite aware of what went on during the Crusades, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned them!
Usually I wouldn't even bother coming into a thread dealing with religion, but I felt it only fair since there seem to have been so many incursions lately into topics such as "breaking alt news" and the like....not that there is anything wrong with someone expressing their opinion, but I just felt that turnabout was fair play.

Just out of curiosity, what is your take on the many versions of the Bible, as well as the books that have been cut from some versions?
To me this is an interesting aspect of religion, as it hints at a possible(or probable depending on whom you talk to) manipulation of the masses via religious doctrine.

Appreciate it!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
i hope he gets here soon.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by radarloveguy]

Of course you would since obviously you cannot think for yourself or bother in defending your own beliefs, not that it matters. There are plenty here who have already filled what gap there needs to be filled with your type of illogical nonsense.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
warning to ya all

check it out PROJECT BLUE BEAM

first rapture will be stage fake by NWO
2nd rapture will be real Jesus 2nd coming.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If I was religiuos I would have agreed with u !!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

Jesus of Nazerath was a puppet, he was not the Messiah, nor was he the 'Christ'.

He was used and is still being used today...

Religion has a core of truth, but its drowning in a sea of perversions, thats the test.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
Jesus of Nazerath was a puppet, he was not the Messiah, nor was he the 'Christ'.

He was used and is still being used today...

Religion has a core of truth, but its drowning in a sea of perversions, thats the test.

You got evidence to support your claim. A statement doesn't do much here at the ATS all the time.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Telling people to believe in religion, literally forcing it upon them is repugnant. I have nothing but pure antipathy towards those Christians, who insist in spreading the gospel across the forums.

The Bible predicted nothing. Texts formulated and based on other previous religions, under the guidance of the Roman Empire. Books were censored in order to prevent the worshipper understanding organised religion was not need (see the secret teaching in Christ)

Jesus Christ is not the only way. We live in a democracy and choose our own way, restricting the choice is a march to fascism. A reason why evangelical organization instruct their followers to vote.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Telling people to believe in religion, literally forcing it upon them is repugnant. I have nothing but pure antipathy towards those Christians, who insist in spreading the gospel across the forums.

The Bible predicted nothing. Texts formulated and based on other previous religions, under the guidance of the Roman Empire. Books were censored in order to prevent the worshipper understanding organised religion was not need (see the secret teaching in Christ)

Jesus Christ is not the only way. We live in a democracy and choose our own way, restricting the choice is a march to fascism. A reason why evangelical organization instruct their followers to vote.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by infinite]

Again you got evidence got your claims. You can't disprove God, Nor can you disprove Christianity. Nor can you really disprove the prophecies. Just because you make a statement does not make it true.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Oh, God can be disproved. But it will take a huge thread to prove it. If God exists, he is not benevolent and caring - quite the opposite. In fact, he hardly cares about what occurs on this Earth.

Numerous Sumerian, Egyptian and Pagan tales and rituals are morphed into Christianity, but are "Christianised."

The Bible itself cannot be taken as evidence, seeing it was the Romans who organised and assembled which books would make up the text.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Oh, God can be disproved. But it will take a huge thread to prove it.

Then do it big man. The fact is you can't prove without a doubt that God does not exist or does exist. It just can't be done. You can give alot of reason why he might not exist, but thats not proof of his non-existence.

If God exists, he is not benevolent and caring - quite the opposite. In fact, he hardly cares about what occurs on this Earth.

Again can you prove that. Yes God has been angry and that he has commanded his own to kill. But can you prove it wasn't for the better of man kind. Even at that. If God is God and created all things. Is it not his choice to do and command as he pleases. Who are you to question his will.

Originally posted by infinite[/i
]Numerous Sumerian, Egyptian and Pagan tales and rituals are morphed into Christianity, but are "Christianised

I have actually done a study on what your talking about. Even if true and the stories changed. That does not mean that they didn't happen or that God's hand was in the situation. Second who to say that Sumerian, Egyptian and pagan tales where not taken from the stories of the bible. You just don't know.

The Bible itself cannot be taken as evidence, seeing it was the Romans who organised and assembled which books would make up the text.

Here I call you bull Sh!t on. There are many proofs of the bible that its historical correct in history. Through out the whole bible, its history has been proven correct. In fact there are places and people only recorded in the bible now found.

Read this thread That I just did.

Evidence of the Bible
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Sorry to say but there are many evidences of the bible being historically true. Again I say if the bible is historical true, with over 50 different writers, how can it be so accurate without the hand of God. Its impossible. The bible is the word of God, proven through historical accuracy.

Now you have a choice either prove that the information in every dam site is wrong, or you can ignore the FACTS. You will most likely not even do good study in the sites, you'll just ignore FACTS and truths. Sorry but you cant prove that the bible is not historically factual. And if the Bible is historically correct how could its message be wrong.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by slymattb]

[edit on 20-9-2009 by slymattb]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Whether god does or does not exist is irrelevant to you, you will believe he exists whether someone proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt that he does not exist.

This is because your reasoning faculties are filtered through a lense of faith and belief, which require a blindness to hard fact and consequence.

As a Theologian who studies major religions as a hobby, I can assure you that I could relate the various paradoxes and improbabilities which conflict with any biblical interpretation of a divine being and you and yours would go forward on your merry way believing whatever it is you choose to believe.

So, rather than debase myself into playing your puerile preschool game of who did what to whom, I shall instead tell you the following; your religion, by the rights of all history and memory, should be unwelcome within any halls of reasonable discourse.

You and yours have a vitriolic necessity to drag others down to your level, to thumb your noses at your lessers, and to overtly act out the "Chosen People" mentality which a majority of Christians tend to prance about.

By the rights of all that is just, Christianity should have been eliminated from society centuries ago due to its crimes, trespasses and just being the very pinnacle of The Hypocrites Religion.

I say this as a Gnostic Christian. I say this as a human being. I say this as a Heretic of Ethics and, subsequently and ultimately, as The Cold Dragon; Quetzalcoatl of Ragnarok.

Whether or not your god is the way is irrelevant. You, yourself, are irrelevant. Your need for self importance and oneness with the divine is precisely what puts you below all others that do not seek to divide humanity into seperate castes of the pure and the impure.

Sinner and Saint alike are beloved and welcome within the arms of the Divine. The most heinous of Criminals and the most humble of proles are entirely equal and untainted within the eyes of the divine.

Sin. Or do not sin. It is your choice, and you only have to measure it against yourself; not the wants of God.

Jesus is the way. He is not the only way. He is *A* way.

We all have paths to the top of the mountain, and many of us will never get there...

But even those who stumble and fall are no more or less than those who reach the top, and should not be treated as such by any man's religion.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by mpriebe81

Well my take is that it is exactly as you say - manipulation of the masses to gain POWER through the mask that is organised religion.

Man is and will always be, partly evil. With this inherent "darkness" comes manipulation, deception, disinformation, and ultimately death.

The words can be misconstrued, mistranslated, even flat out changed. The fact of the matter is, no matter how it is altered there will remain a glimmer of truth. We are not whole by ourselves, we are PARTS to a whole. With that being said, we also inherently KNOW truth. We just have the sometimes overwhelming task of digging through the falsities that abound through man's inherent darkness to uncover that truth.

May we all enjoy the time we are granted and use it wisely. We have work to do and too many of us are left pondering the pros and cons of state taxes rather than pondering the pros and cons of existence itself.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Im a christian. and i don't force the Gospel on anyone!

i am a christian for one reason. and one reason only. a reason that all the people on the forum who condemn my beliefs will not get. because your not me.

that reason is.

i have a personal and intimate relationship with God.

a relationship that isn't me being brainwashed.

its a real relationship. how do i know God is here with me? because every-time i pray i feel his hands on me.

i don't expect anyone to understand.

why would i say this when i know i am going to get persecuted.

and for the record. I dont condemn you to hell.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by the illuminator

If only more "christians" had understanding of the Father like you do friend.

We are all parts of the same whole. None of us are of more importance to the Father than anyone else. That is, IMO, why it is said to love thy neighbor as you love thyself....because essentially, you are one in the same, just on different paths. One may be shrouded in darkness more than the other, but it doesn't make him less important in the eyes of God.

A2D

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of "religion" my self.

their are three catorgories.

1. Religion with a agenda
2. Traditional Religion
3. Love

When i pray for someone who isn't a Christian. i don't expect them to give their heart to the lord. i just want to pray for them because i Love them

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by the illuminator

That's what prayer should be - love based. Too many times xtians pray with their ego instead of their hearts.

I don't associate with "religion". All I can say is that I do believe in Jesus Christ, I do believe in God the Father, and I believe in the Holy Ghost. They're all one in the Father, just as we are one in the Father.

I think of the "Holy Trinity" being the Father's DNA and we are his characteristics or traits. I suppose that's the only somewhat logical way to approach my belief system without throwing everyone that reads this for a loop.

A2D

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
No one has, or is, condemning anyone to hell - that is where you are twisting the comment.

And I resent the 'idiot' remark as well as your profanity, GenLo -

I didn't write the laws of this planet - God did. And you can take your case up with Him - you'll have the chance, regardless if you believe or not.

A tsunami is coming - you see it coming - but turns out that
*you* don't believe in tsunamis.

Is the tsunami going to take that into consideration and
skim around you?

Doubt it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
And a voice boomed from this post...

Chillax... Lest you be afflicted with a plague of administrative action...

Then there was peace and decorum... And it was good...

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join