It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I have added this to my favorites.......I feel at one time I had this seal, but then rejested it through false doctrines....how can I have this seal without first finding the complete truth on how to follow him? I don't believe these people who tell you to say some little prayer, and then go out and abuse or cheat on their wife as authentically "saved" I do believe that the fruits of the holy spirit will be there.....

I completley agree with his sermon. I guess I need to just let him show me the way? I feel a light bulb going off.....I hope I can keep the lightbulb on this time around...

I am just so ashamed that someone else had to die and suffer for all of MY mistakes.....I want to accept that and make up for it......mabey I allways just felt too unworthy?

I guess it is already done anyways? Mabey it would be completely rediculous to not accept that...I guess it does make sense that I should accept that so he didn't suffer in vain?

I know I have suffered much for my son, so I am beginging to understand....

I just didn't want to take the plunge of something SO important only to waste that privillage without being certain...

I still just feel so unworthy, but want to accept this gift...I just don't want to taint something that is the most important thing in the world...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I guess I just feel like by "casting all my sin on him" I am responsible for another to have to go through the pain I have....I don't want to cause him yet another experience of pain.....becaiuse everything I have been trhough since birth is SOOOO horrid, I just picture him having to experience that if I hand it over.....

I am crying so badly....how can I give up all that pain without him having to suffer it??? Why should HE have to suffer because of me???? Or more, why should those who hurt ME get a double whammy, why should they have gotten to hurt a sweet child in the first place, but now their horrors have to be felt by the most innocent of all????

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Wouldnt you take pain and hurt away from your children if you were able? I would, i wouldnt even have to think about it! Its the same with God, as our Father He wants nothing more than to take away the thing that not only destroys our spirit and body but the very thing that keeps us from Him; our sin.

Anyone who has been born is born with that virus of sin. And it serves to separate us, disconnect us from the Life giving Spirit of God. It cut our food source, alienated us from our Father and destroys body, mind and spirit.

What Jesus did He did one time and for everyone. Infinite God became finite man, gave up His throne and became nothing to rescue you. Born in the worst circumstances possible. Humbled, hated and rejected. Spat upon and despised, whipped, beaten and crucified, why? To give you a free gift. Grace, something you didnt deserve but was given it anyway because God wants His kids back, He did it for you, and all you have to do is accept it.
You are in need of this as much as those who abused you. It will enable you to forgive which will set you free from the bonds that the past has wrapped around you to a new life.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If you know there is only one way to the Father, thru His Son Jesus, then you have the seal. If your spirit communes with God, even if just in the lowest points of your life, you belong to Him. Remember Jesus He walked t his earth, He learned of the struggles we face, and He learned of the evil and deceptive forces that Satan uses to lure mankind; He went to the cross for our souls. If being holy were easy, I guess He might have been another garden variety false prophet and skpped that part.

My son is 27 years old and several months back we were arguing about something, probably something trivial I can't recall. But I remember he said something about me not caring, and I replied, unrehearsed, that I would die for him. And I would, gladly, if his life were in imminent danger and I had the opportunity to trade mine for his I wouldn't hesitate. God was apparently faced with the same predicament and chose to suffer one for the souls of many. I don't understand it all, I don't really try anymore, it is beyond our comprehension. I would like to post a psalm that I ran across a long time ago, when I was still "searching" for the truth. It really gave me the answers, to some questions I didn't even have yet!

The King James Version (Authorized)

Psalms 139 -

1 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. 5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. 12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. 13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. 19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men. 20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain. 21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies. 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Melissa, the best advice I can offer is for you to get your head into the King James Bible - if you want the truth. Pray to Jesus to open your eyes and mind to what He wants you to read/hear/understand - before you start reading.

Don't listen to anyone on here, including myself - God works differently in every person but He won't work at all until you seek Him, and His Word.

I can just about guarantee that you will start 'understanding' what it is He wants you to teach you.

As far as satan? We have power over him but you have to tell him, in the name of Christ Jesus, that you rebuke him. As well, pray for Jesus to remove any satanical influence from your mind, heart and life.

Remember that satan has already been condemned - his punishment is waiting on Jesus' return. he knows he only has a short amount of time in these last days so he will be attacking all Christians in any way he can. Be on your guard but also know that you are under God's protection, if you pray and ask Him for it.

Satan can, and does, come to us in all forms - including angels of light i.e. doctors, lawyers, friends, teachers, politicians, and even preachers. He won't show up decked out in red with horns and a pitchfork, I promise you.

Don't become one of his statistics.

I will say a prayer for you as well - and please keep us updated on your progress.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
And to the non believers on this thread, please know that the believers are not here to diss anyone or smear bragging rights - that isn't what God is about.

An important angle that is often avoided is the 'fatherly discipline' - just as an earthly father has to sometimes discipline his child, so does God. And God, being the gracious God He is, affords us billions of opportunities to repent and come to, or come back to, him. In the end, sure, it's every person's choice.

If the believers didn't care about the non believers, we would not be wasting time posting here to try to steer you on the right path.

If we truly hated non believers, don't you think we would all just keep our mouths shut and let the eternal clock run down?

God instructs us to spread the gospel, His gospel - to all 'creatures' and people. So don't take offense, GenLo

You are still a child of God, no matter if you choose to not believe in Him - He still believes in you, and loves you just the same - no matter how much you might hate or resent Him.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

If He didn't want you to accept this gift, he wouldn't have given it to you. There is no reason to think that you would "taint" this gift. It is there for YOU. He wants you to take it.

On another note, it's clear to see that there are others walking with the Lord here and they will help you as much as they can. I am one of them. I can't make decisions for you but I can share in the suffering and joy, if only you let me. I am sure others are willing to share their stories with you as am I. If you want a personal account of MY journey to salvation including the uphill battles that are so trying in these times, just send me a U2U.

Sometimes people just need to let everything out and start new. It's called being born again.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I found the motherlode of all Christian testimony websites - this might help you as well, Melissa - there are umpteen personal stories listed here - pick whichever one you want to read and click.

I'm almost certain that there's someone on this list that has had a similar life as you. Check it out.

link

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I sense that you are are on the same path as myself.

Never underestimate your own ability. Fear nothing. This is the only way you can "advance" inside this lie. For the love of "god" jesus even says that anybody can reach the level that he achieved and go beyond, but of course his sayings are not embraced by 99.99999999999999% of "christians". Pathetic.

You are you, you are your neighbor, you are your father, your mother, your sister, your teacher. You are Jesus and you are the "christ" if you choose to be so. You are evil and good all in one. We are all the same, hence, we ARE "GOD", we all started from the beginning and will end up in the same place. We have existed before our own present egos and will continue to exist forever.

I do not believe i am God. but you seem to. if you are god. can you walk on water? can you call every single person in the world by name? know the names of every single star? create DNA?

you say that our beliefs are pathetic but your beliefs seem harder and require more faith! why do you believe these things? can you enlighten me?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Thank you...crying again now like a big sap, lol....it is making more and more sense.

I guess like someone going through the trouble of building 1000000 houses and trying to give them away for free......then feeling unworthy....well, if it is already THERE, and they don't have to go through any more trouble for me specifically, I guess I would say okie dokie!

So he has already suffered and won't have to REsuffer just because I am just getting it now then?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

And to the non believers on this thread, please know that the believers are not here to diss anyone or smear bragging rights - that isn't what God is about.

Are you sure because a few postings ago that's what you seemed to be about?

*and with that he walks out of this thread of ignorance forever*

[edit on 21-9-2009 by GenLo]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wow, there are too many to reply to each seperatly, but WOW, I feel like I have found the land of the living all of a sudden....I am sure you are probly all different denominations, but you are all unified in the love vibe I am feeling....

So many religious people have really turned me off through condemnation and judgement, but the vibe I feel from all of you is the opposite.....

Also, I have barley been able to cry in over 10 years because I have been so emotionally numb abd PTSD etc from too much trauma...

Just being able to cry alone is already such a healing.

Thanks for not giving up on people, because just last week I sneered at this thread and passed on by it probly 10 times...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

There should never be judgement and condemnation. Jesus was able to convey His messages with love. In times where He had to clearly express what was wrong He did so expressing where the fault was and not in a manner that judged the person, He indicated where the error was and expressed the truth only.

Ultimately it is up to each individual and we are all on our own paths in this complex life. We all respond to love and understanding more than we could ever respond to anything negative. It is through love that we reach each other's souls. Life and death are very peculiar in that they both push us towards our origins by virtue of our existence and everything that our lifeforce entails.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
For whatever reason, all of this crappy patting on the back and reassuring of yourself and others about how great you are makes me want to vomit. Either that or commit heinous, violent acts of unspeakably violent violence.

The whole "ORIGINAL SIN" thing that keeps regurgitating upwards to the top of such topics irritates me to no end;

Mankind either has fundamental limitations, in which we will eventually be unable to render certain Scientific Discoveries, or Mankind is by all rights equal to the creator Deity, and someday we WILL create DNA, new life and possibly even manipulate the very fabric of existence, creating new matter.

I think the singular biggest affront that most rationalist thinkers have in response to all this religious drivel is that somehow Mankind is lesser and needs to "Know his place" rather than try to unseat our maker.

So perhaps, in that sense, I am with Lucifer and/or The Gnostic Sophia in pursuit of the glory of Man.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Mellisa i am so happy and proud of you
LOVE is the only thing that is true in this world. and god? he is love! he loves you. and always has loved you. hes been with you through alll the rubbish just like he was with me through all my rubbish. if you want to know my testimony just give me a u2u

Blessings

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

I just want to keep learning more and more now.....I have read the bible so many times, but allways with the JW's putting their spin on everything, so now it is hard to take that stuff out......fortunatly, now I can read it a but more litterally this time around and hopefully that will help.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by mellisamouse

It's good to be able to interpret things for yourself. The real knowledge is buried inside each of us and we each have our own keys to that treasure.

But if you stumble upon something you are having difficulty with, you know where to come. Not that I have a master key or anything, but I'm on good terms with the one that does!

May your eyes and ears be opened to the truth and may your heart be accepting.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Well, the thing is....... if I understand correctly, mankind wanted to see how things would turn out without Gods guidance, and the result is what we see in the world today.

I agree that religiousity has contributed, and so I hae avoided most religion......but this is different, it is more spirituality.

I know I don't want man to try and rule man anymore, it has been proven a disaster, and if the rulership of spirituality leads us to "do unto others as we would have done to ourselves" than I can see that being the ONLY way to get out of this disaster of a society....

Wow, and I feel so much better just in one day........ to cry again alone is a miracle for me.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

You guys are so awesome, wow.....non preachy, normal people, with sense as well, who woulda thunk it!

[edit on 21-9-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
looking forward to some good discussions with you malissa

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join