It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

I don't think I have witnessed such hatred for God, or the Bible, ever - like I have on this thread.

don't mean to be rude, but this only tells me you haven't traveled much, or witnessed much for the most part.
this is a thread on the internet, typed words, from people using anonymous handles. personally i seperate words from violence and actions.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

You are probably correct, rubbertramp - the non believer's mentality seems to be everywhere you go - online or off.

All I can do is mourn the loss of decency and morals.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

even though we did kinda' get off on the wrong foot, i respect the fact that you stuck with this, and started using your opinion instead of others.
this is all that's really important to me, we need to accept others as equals, no matter what.
in the real world my opinion changes with violence. i will protect my family, friends and property with returned violence if need be. otherwise words only hurt those who speak them, the rest of us are free to ignore and move on.

and when you say things like that i can also just replace 'non-believers' with believers to express my opinion.
life is always a 2 way street, what is the truth? i still question many things, usually the truth is just ones personal opinion.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by rubbertramp]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Agreed, my friend - and yeah, non believers or believers - the whole world seems to be in the same hand basket holding the same one way ticket.

I guess I'm just still sad at seeing how things used to be - and how they are now, and all the changes that have taken place. Some good, some bad -

I was listening to a program last night - an elderly pastor (not your typical money begging one.....lol) was talking about Russia and prophecy. He was saying that the Ezekiel 38-39 was probably only a matter of time. (I've yet to check to see what it says in that particular book lately - might do it today).

I was originally trying to lean towards beyond a 10 year outlook but the way things are 'wham bam thank you ma'am' happening, it's getting more difficult to convince myself.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You obviously aren't taking into consideration the things that you DO have in life - your mind, health, a roof over your head, eyesite, the ability to read, internet capabilities, etc.

90% of the population has that. Since we're splitting hairs:

My mind: It's been ruined by this whole affair. I haven't had a decent night's sleep since 1990- the day I found out about what she did to me. Repeated prayers to God to make me forget or able to deal with it, unanswered.

My health: I am on disability, and my back looks like a roller coaster. I get tired getting out of bed most mornings, and I cant help but wonder if the cats don't take ballbats to me while I sleep. See also "not having a decent night's sleep in a LONG time"...

What roof?: I am renting- I had my home for several years taken away by a greedy SOB of a landlord. I have been 'on loan' ever since, wandering a flea's eyelash away from being homeless.

Internet: Unless I end up in a mud hut in a deep dark jungle somewhere, wearing nothing but a loincloth, almost ANYONE has it! PEople who dont are a) too drugged to care, just dont care, are technophobes, think it's the beast, or are so far out of "civilized" (HA!) existence, they would freak out at a digital watch, let alone Internet.

There's a saying that goes "Do what you can - and let God do what you can't". But you first have to do what you can before He can do what you can't.

HA! I have done everything I can. I am out of tricks, I am out of ideas, and worse, I am completely out of motivation or ambition. I am worn OUT. Even the stuff that comes easy to me, I just don't want to do any more, because no profit comes of it. And I do NOT mean money. Where's God? Is he making like Waldo? Carmen Sandiego? On his coffee break? Did he get lost?

God doesn't care for pride, or proud people filled with vanity and vain prayers. In all of your ranting against God, have you once stopped to thank Him for what all you are blessed with in life?

I'll be brutally honest- I'd rather be DEAD. If this is living, I want a frigging refund. I'm tired of waiting for 'life more abundantly'- to watch others get it effortlessly, and all my hard work, effort and asking goes into the crapper. I really am.

I keep score because the self righteous are too busy being self righteous. Someone's gotta keep an eye out for the rest of us poor crapwads.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

i think what you just said makes more sense than you realize. this is exactly why us humans should be in these arguments-conversations. we need to work out our difference and ban together in order to aquire the strength we will need to overcome our true enemies. those who wish to keep us seperated and take away our personal freedoms.
i think we still have a couple years. here in america, watch for the media telling us how good things are in iraq and afganistan, and how the troops are heading home. they need man power to truly put martial law into effect, hence removing our freedoms. we still have a couple of years to work out our differences, then it will be time to find out if we can trust each other and move beyond those differences.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

At least you have your cats.

Seriously, since you say you are all 'out of tricks', why not ask God to help you understand what He seems to be trying to tell or show you.

I fully believe everything happens for a reason - no matter how small or how big. Every person that crosses our path in life does so for a reason, again no matter how small or large the reason may be. And we may not ever even know the reason - but trust me, it's all in God's plan and hands.

Sometimes I've watched God break a person down to the very bottom - in order to humble him/her - people sometimes build a wall around them, sometimes without evening realizing it, and it keeps people at a distance - as well as God.

I just can't help but feel that you might be one of those that, like me, needed breaking down to the very bottom before I could understand, learn and change.

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

it hurts me to hear of your opinion on your life. physical pain is one thing that will bring down any human. all we can do is fight it and try to find a positive thing in our lives.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me

Originally posted by DaisyAnne

So, perhaps if you have some more time, how about this one:

I Kings 16:34

More human sacrifice ordered by the lord.

If you read the warning that Joshua made in Joshua 6:26, you see that Jericho was not to be rebuilt after God gave Israel the victory over that city. Joshua clearly tells the few people who were spared to not rebuild the city after it was destroyed, and what would happen to anyone who rebuilt it. But now in I Kings 29-34, Ahab is ruling over Israel, and worshiping Baal, and 'doing more to provoke the Lord, the God of Israel, to anger than all the kings of Israel who were before him'. Yup, we see God getting really angry again because of someone running after false gods! Under Ahab's rule, Hiel of Bethel did EXACTLY what Joshua said not to do, with the results exactly as forewarned by Joshua. Sorry, I don't see how this makes God a murderer or crazy or whatever you wish to call Him. These people had fair warning. If God says don't do something, and then you say "I'll do it if I want to", then you gets what you gets, especially when He tells you what the consequences will be!

So are suggesting that as long as your god gives fair warning it is somehow acceptable to murder people? The truth is these killings and all so called sacrifices are actually ordered by men and women who are in power, and use religion to convince others to do the dirty work. If someone in power today said that they are going to kill anyone who does not follow the lords word we would be outraged.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

Well, ya, there is a major cult called the SDA that prdicted July and September 1845, sometime 1844, sometime 1843... and they still thrive. Almost as big as the other major cult called the RCC.

Dont worry about dates, the time of the Return is known only to the Father, not to the Son, nor the Holy Ghost, nor the angels, and definitely not men or women.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I really wish the US had zero troops outside of the nation - my nephew is in his third tour, this time in Afghanistan. Our entire family prays daily for his safety. He told us before he left that if he didn't come back then that was God's will and not to worry. His courage is stronger than I would ever wish mine to be. He has been saved and baptized - actually baptized twice technically - my sister was pregnant with him when she was baptized.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

Well, ya, there is a major cult called the SDA that prdicted July and September 1845, sometime 1844, sometime 1843... and they still thrive. Almost as big as the other major cult called the RCC.

Dont worry about dates, the time of the Return is known only to the Father, not to the Son, nor the Holy Ghost, nor the angels, and definitely not men or women.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

What you call ridiculous we call the truth. We can not agree to disagree because our eternal souls are involved. This is not a mere choice, like what to order for dinner...this is salvation or hell we are talking about. When you submit your will to that of the the Heavenly Eternal Father, you will find peace and love. We want to share His grace, love and providence with you...that is our duty. Although you do not understand it, you are in the hand of God at this very moment. God knows when you sit and when you stand and he will send an army of angels to protect you...all you have to do is ask. My hope for you and the others who read this who do not understand it...may your heart be filled with the Holy Spirit and the love of God. May that love be shown to you today in amazing and wonderful ways.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

i truly hope he returns. we are in a holy way, part for oil, but also part for the control of historical babylon and the biblical israel.
never forget who claims to be on your team.

george bush

President: "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

"I'm surely not going to justify war based upon God. Understand that. Nevertheless, in my case, I pray that I will be as good a messenger of His will as possible. And then of course, I pray for forgiveness."

"I feel God's words coming to me: 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God, I'm gonna do it."

much of the hostility towards you is due to the dangerous speech and actions from those who claim to be the same as you.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I just can't help but feel that you might be one of those that, like me, needed breaking down to the very bottom before I could understand, learn and change.

I need to point it out- logically, It's God's fault I am a stubborn (insert expletives of choice here). If I wasn't constantly abused, I wouldn't have grown a bulletproof, fireproof, nuclear bomb proof skin, and an attitude of "I'll take the Almighty on... No one does _x_ to me and gets away with it!"

If God wanted a kinder gentler me, He shoulda changed the order of business. I respond like a bull with a hot poker up his happy tackle when I'm treated like crap anymore.

I'll give you an easy way to get how I am- before this entire miserable thing: I scaled Mt Fuji while I was in the Navy- I went up, no staff, a backpack fulla food and drinks, NO oxygen, and made it to the top on my hands and knees! Almost fell in the stupid crater, I was so dizzy and tired. 12,388 ft of sheer craziness and torture.

Today: I'd still try it, tho I'd collapse at some point... I'd have to give up, and probably be so upset, they could hear me at the top!

[edit on 16-7-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

God may use your toughness to everyone's advantage one day. Heck you might end up being a four-star general at the Battle of Armageddon.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Heck you might end up being a four-star general at the Battle of Armageddon.

No thanks. I am sitting out that battle. I'll bring popcorn and watch, tho.

Besides, the Battle of Armageddon will be if I end up with my ex on my doorstep.
I'll send her happy tail to Hell in installments.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

all we can do is fight it and try to find a positive thing in our lives.

I am all out of fight. Even Mike Tyson takes off the gloves and goes on vacation. I'm at it 24/7.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Kettlebellysmith, I applaud your honesty, conviction and challenge to ATS. Like you I'm living trying to live my life like Christ and his Apostles. Trying to live very simply with the love for God in my heart and following and keeping all His commandments.

Your challenge to ATS is especially interesting because you tell people to think, to question, to ask and to consult with others who are not trying to convert them to get unanswered questions answered. This I think is key. So often when people think of God and Jesus Christ they think that God and Jesus doesn't want us to think and question. Quite the contrary. They want us to pray, to study, to prove for ourselves those questions that we have, to pray for answers to questions the trouble us.

The God that I serve, while he is a jealous God, is more importantly a loving God. People forget this. Most folks look at the things that people/governments/religions do in God's name and this turns them off from experiencing God through Jesus Christ. To me this is very sad. Sad because God is not that religion institution or that government. God through Jesus Christ is a very personal experience; like a father to a son, mother to child, big brother to little brother. That personal experience at times my not always be the best but it can still be worked on. This is what I'm doing after years of not having anything to do with my Father. I feel better for it and not because I'm in my Father's good graces but rather I shouldn't have been out of his graces to begin with.

God through Jesus Christ only wants a few things from us. He wants us to follow His commandments (His spiritual laws, if you will.) They basically boil down to no false gods, no idols, keeping the Sabbath holy (Saturday, not Sunday), no killing, no adultery, the coveting neighbors wife, and treating others like you would yourself. That's it. That's walking like Jesus walked. That's doing what he did. I can do that!! The Sabbath is the one that has proven to be the most challenging, but I'm getting there easier than you would imagine. When asked of Jesus, and I paraphrase, How do you get to the kingdom of God? He replied: Keep the commandments. These are God's requirements for a productive life following His will. These laws aren't a burden. They are simple and concise. Breaking these laws then are sin. God knows that we are fallible however. He gave us Jesus Christ as the remission of sin. Through Him we can't ask for forgiveness for breaking these laws and literally have our slate wiped clean. How cool is that? How grateful I am for that as well.

Thanks for listening.

- Live2Love

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"God" is beyond religion....

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join