It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Good Point, lol.... Does that make Harry Potter a True story, I mean if we are talking By how much it sold.... lol

Rekar

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The Bible has always been the best selling book of all time. Potter doesn't come close to that one.

And the Bible is non fiction - you're mentioned in there - so how could it be fiction.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rekar
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Lol, Just because It is the best selling book does not make it correct.... That just makes it widely known. Oh, Please explain the 'mass' murders in the bible, that 'God', for the most part, ordered. Forgive me as I cant cite the exact areas, but you being a Bible 'Buff', you should know what I am speaking of.

Also, I made a reply earlier explaining my previous post, heh... Apparently I needed to dumb it down some more...

Rekar

When you were little, I'm sure your parents disciplined you when you got out of line. They did that not out of hate, but out of love.

So why is it so hard to understand that God disciplines out of love and not hate. Death to Him is only the act that brings us back home to Him. To us it is a crisis and heartbreaking. \

But what do you expect Him to do when we start doing evil things - send us to our rooms with no supper?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by rogerstigers

How many predictions or prophecies do you need in order to see that they have all been, thus far, 100% accurate?

Sit back and enjoy the fireworks, my friend - and keep a copy of the Bible with you while you watch. It'll be better than having the script to a top ten movie while you're watching it.

I have to ask ...

If you supposedly have an ancient text that predicts the coming of the end of the world in great detail, why would you be sitting around waiting for all these things to happen? Let alone why would someone just sit there and "watch" it happen as if it were, like you said, a script to a movie and choose to do nothing about it.

If you truly believe what the texts say and that they are no doubt 100% correct, then why not become a physicist, geologist, volcanologist, meteorologist, or any profession that studies the world so you could actually have a chance at preventing all said things that are "to come."

In my opinion sitting back and just saying a few Hail Marys, reading a passage from the Bible, and believing that Jesus died for your sins is not doing anything about the end of the world, it's the easy way out.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Question for you then, If the Bible is the exact word of God himself/Herself, then why is there so many revised versions? I mean, hell, It was 'Correct', why change it and subtract some things here, and add over there?

Rekar

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Bible says that God is slow to anger - He's a just God but he also isn't going to be mocked, so sayeth the Bible.

Mankind tends to love to try to blame God for the murders in the Bible, the murders in the world, 9.11, the weather, a non winning lottery ticket........

God created us and the universe - and He is also our (everyones) Heavenly Father - whether we want to claim Him or not. He doesn't want anyone to perish, but makes it clear that many will - due to non belief and evil. But He does step in when HE chooses - not when WE think He should.

All I can say is that some folks on here must really like gambling.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
right i just want to make one thing here for all the god lovers ect

And this is one of your so called ten commandments

THY SHALL NOT JUDGE

does that mean you are going to hell? for preaching to us about god?

i mean cmon!!!!!!! the very fact humans were HERE be for the son of god showed up

does that not ring any alarm bells? i mean really???

so... if the "son" of god came to earth WTF are we???

are we some bastard race? just here for the fun of it?

then it says all sins shall be forgiven?

do you know what i find spooky the very people who worship this stuff will be the down fall of our race

WHY DO YOU NEED GOD? because you cant do nothing?? on your own?

i find that 1 pathetic 2 physiologic nutty and the most important thing

Hypercritical

do not preac to me the love of GOD because if thats the case he loves me just as much as YOU

this aint a compertion for gods love thats INSANE why?

well he made me didnt he? why would he make me knowing fully well i could not give a toss?

why do that? for me to repent at the gates ? or brun in hell for all eterntiy?

being alive is hell....and it lasts just as long

i think people confuse being here with a fantasy perpitrated by people with more brains to controll the masses in order to use them as slaves

common name for you in english is PLEB

i suggest you look it up.

and yes you can have your faith .. and ill have mine

either way god made em both.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

When you were little, I'm sure your parents disciplined you when you got out of line. They did that not out of hate, but out of love.

So why is it so hard to understand that God disciplines out of love and not hate. Death to Him is only the act that brings us back home to Him. To us it is a crisis and heartbreaking. \

But what do you expect Him to do when we start doing evil things - send us to our rooms with no supper?

Lol, I was punished once when I was younger, and it was merely a slap on the wrist... I mean seriously, How could a just and Loving God kill anything, no matter of the acts that he/she committed. After All, He gave us Free Will, did he not? Why give us free will if we arent allowed to explore on our own, Little backwards thinking perhaps on his part?

Rekar

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zacaretas

reply to post by rogerstigers

How many predictions or prophecies do you need in order to see that they have all been, thus far, 100% accurate?

Sit back and enjoy the fireworks, my friend - and keep a copy of the Bible with you while you watch. It'll be better than having the script to a top ten movie while you're watching it.

I have to ask ...

If you supposedly have an ancient text that predicts the coming of the end of the world in great detail, why would you be sitting around waiting for all these things to happen? Let alone why would someone just sit there and "watch" it happen as if it were, like you said, a script to a movie and choose to do nothing about it.

If you truly believe what the texts say and that they are no doubt 100% correct, then why not become a physicist, geologist, volcanologist, meteorologist, or any profession that studies the world so you could actually have a chance at preventing all said things that are "to come."

In my opinion sitting back and just saying a few Hail Marys, reading a passage from the Bible, and believing that Jesus died for your sins is not doing anything about the end of the world, it's the easy way out.

The Bible states that God will only heal a nation if they choose to repent and turn from their sin(s).

So it's not HIS doing that the prophecies are playing out as they are - it's mankinds - again.

The Bible tells us what will happen if mankind doesn't repent - and if mankind did? As the Bible says, God would heal our nation/world.

But the way it's looking, and sounding - mankind isn't going to lift a finger to repent or stop doing anything that he feels he wants to.

God is watching us to see what WE are going to do.

And sadly, what does He see - evil pretty much everywhere - govts and schools taking Him out and millions of people denouncing and cursing Him - and blaming Him.

Frankly, I think mankind deserves just what we will probably be getting. Scary but a reality.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
right i just want to make one thing here for all the god lovers ect

And this is one of your so called ten commandments

THY SHALL NOT JUDGE

does that mean you are going to hell? for preaching to us about god?

i mean cmon!!!!!!! the very fact humans were HERE be for the son of god showed up

does that not ring any alarm bells? i mean really???

so... if the "son" of god came to earth WTF are we???

are we some bastard race? just here for the fun of it?

then it says all sins shall be forgiven?

do you know what i find spooky the very people who worship this stuff will be the down fall of our race

WHY DO YOU NEED GOD? because you cant do nothing?? on your own?

i find that 1 pathetic 2 physiologic nutty and the most important thing

Hypercritical

do not preac to me the love of GOD because if thats the case he loves me just as much as YOU

this aint a compertion for gods love thats INSANE why?

well he made me didnt he? why would he make me knowing fully well i could not give a toss?

why do that? for me to repent at the gates ? or brun in hell for all eterntiy?

being alive is hell....and it lasts just as long

i think people confuse being here with a fantasy perpitrated by people with more brains to controll the masses in order to use them as slaves

common name for you in english is PLEB

i suggest you look it up.

and yes you can have your faith .. and ill have mine

either way god made em both.

God still loves us both - regardless of where we end up in the end. He says that it isn't His will to see any perish -

I, as a human, find it hard to love someone that does evil - but God does. We are all His children - some have chosen to follow Him in life, others have chosen to follow other things and people.

His love is still the same though.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I'm not judging, hon - I"m sharing what the Bible says. I didn't write the Bible - and didn't have it written. I believe every single word of it but the fact that I share it does not mean I am judging anyone. That is God's job, not mine.

You are assuming I'm judging - truth be known? I wish, and pray, that all of the atheists and non believers will turn back to, or to, Jesus soon - because I see things coming at us pretty rapidly. Right now the atheists/non believers have a choice - that won't be the case at the end.

*Now - how is that judging anyone?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Frankly, I think mankind deserves just what we will probably be getting. Scary but a reality.

and the ironic part to your statement is GOD gave us the choice did he not according to all the people who read the bible...

its a joke "not your comment" i mean the people who try to bend your mind to the way of the lord...

if that was the case why do you have a pc? why do you drive cars why use money?

people who god bash drive me nuts really they do... they sit there preaching giving money to some fat little bloke shouting about the second coming of jeasuse like its going to be some big party and we all go to heaven "after armagedon ofc"

what a load of bollox

if god had a plan it was for you to be here and stay here... not to kiss his ass all day long wishing it was better

its totaly insane... most if not all the worlds problems is man being as stupid as he always was...

well not alwyas... i mean we did use to hunt alone in the forrest and kill our own meals

but now? ahhh bugger it lets be controlled lets go shopping in wall mart ....

you see.. if this is the plan god has for us

I WOULD SACK HIM because hes doing a preeeetttyy crappy job from were im sitting

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Lol, I was punished once when I was younger, and it was merely a slap on the wrist... I mean seriously, How could a just and Loving God kill anything, no matter of the acts that he/she committed. After All, He gave us Free Will, did he not? Why give us free will if we arent allowed to explore on our own, Little backwards thinking perhaps on his part?

Rekar

Nah - He doesn't force Himself on anyone - He allows us to come to Him if we want. That is part of the free will and choice we have.

And I wish I had only gotten slapped on the wrist. Jeez I had my behind beat everytime I turned around.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

God Is just an excuse, something to push all the blame onto. Why didnt you go to school, God? Ok, well just read the bible and you can go tomorrow... Bull****.... You cant just push what you dont know onto Some imaginary person we created for the unknown.

Like when you ask why is this the way it is, and they say cause God made it that way, thats a bunch of crap. He is only an excuse, thats all he is and will ever be. Someone to push the blame onto...

What Came Before God? Your answer cant say anything about him always being. You wont be able to answer this, would you.

Rekar

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

and god did not write the bible a MAN DID

interpretation of such.

you see for you to say to me follow the way of the lord... what one? Mohammad? the prophet ? budda? krishna? whatever?

do you know one thing all holy books have in common?

controll...of an agenda

the very same argument you use is the very same one people use to blow people up

i find that distasteful hypercritical and ironic

god does not love you he only made you

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

and the ironic part to your statement is GOD gave us the choice did he not according to all the people who read the bible...

its a joke "not your comment" i mean the people who try to bend your mind to the way of the lord...

if that was the case why do you have a pc? why do you drive cars why use money?

people who god bash drive me nuts really they do... they sit there preaching giving money to some fat little bloke shouting about the second coming of jeasuse like its going to be some big party and we all go to heaven "after armagedon ofc"

what a load of bollox

if god had a plan it was for you to be here and stay here... not to kiss his ass all day long wishing it was better

its totaly insane... most if not all the worlds problems is man being as stupid as he always was...

well not alwyas... i mean we did use to hunt alone in the forrest and kill our own meals

but now? ahhh bugger it lets be controlled lets go shopping in wall mart ....

you see.. if this is the plan god has for us

I WOULD SACK HIM because hes doing a preeeetttyy crappy job from were im sitting

lol ok, I suppose that's one way of looking at it?

Our free will and choice is the key - think about if we didn't have that. We would be walking around pre-programmed pretty much - like Stepford Humans.
What kind of world would that be - like a five year old sitcom rerun over and over.

God gives us a choice to do what's right - or what's wrong. It's entirely everyone's choice on what choices they do make. God isn't going to pressure anyone into choosing one or the other - or Him or satan.

Now...... satan on the other hand - that's an entirely different story. He is working overtime right now to win as many souls as he can - people that say "I dont' believe in God but I'm not following satan either" are being deceived.

If you are against God, you are for satan - forget all of the 'religions' and 'new age theories' that mankind has created over the centuries. When it comes down to it, yes Armageddon, every one of us, if we haven't already, will have to make a choice - follow God or follow satan. Mankind, and people such as Oprah, are who have brainwashed the mass people into believing that we have all these "choices" of gods or "religions" and we can just "Pick One, Pick Any One - they all are basically the same".

Again, you have the choice of buying into that, or believing and following Christ.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

God Is just an excuse, something to push all the blame onto. Why didnt you go to school, God? Ok, well just read the bible and you can go tomorrow... Bull****.... You cant just push what you dont know onto Some imaginary person we created for the unknown.

Like when you ask why is this the way it is, and they say cause God made it that way, thats a bunch of crap. He is only an excuse, thats all he is and will ever be. Someone to push the blame onto...

What Came Before God? Your answer cant say anything about him always being. You wont be able to answer this, would you.

Rekar

Actually, when I was little I used to ask my Mom about that - she explained it to me this way - that God is like a circle - no beginning and no end.

With our earthly minds, we can't possibly grasp that kind of mentality since we only know time as the way we've always known it.

I do believe though that we will all, as the Bible says, be 'transformed' which I think might mean that we will be out of our earthly minds (lmao ok that sounds goofy) and have a 'heavenly' mentality through eternity.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

well you are by saying i am a sinner?

if you say to me you are right and i am wrong and god will make that choice for me

that means i am a sinner. because you are right and god loves you and i am wrong because i think god is full of you know what.

so if god made me and you and the conflict was it for a joke? just to test us?

i think what ever created all of what we see think and here does not care or is even aware that we are here....

humans are arrogant. we are special.. really? how? why are we special?

could you breath without a tree? would a flower pollinate without the bee?

do you see? my point is that god is not some stupid bloke who sits above us playing chess with our live

we do that not him

what ever made us just made us

just like i make a cup of coffee .... do i love my coffee? lol no but i do like the taste

how did i make my coffee, hot water spoon blah blah ect..

you are just one part of a bigger picture and using god as some "i dont know" is what makes the world go to war

based on the lack of education and the past...

we use to hunt in the forrest wayyy befor gods son showed up.. how do you explain that?

god was bored? pft

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

lol ok, I suppose that's one way of looking at it?

Our free will and choice is the key - think about if we didn't have that. We would be walking around pre-programmed pretty much - like Stepford Humans.
What kind of world would that be - like a five year old sitcom rerun over and over.

God gives us a choice to do what's right - or what's wrong. It's entirely everyone's choice on what choices they do make. God isn't going to pressure anyone into choosing one or the other - or Him or satan.

Now...... satan on the other hand - that's an entirely different story. He is working overtime right now to win as many souls as he can - people that say "I dont' believe in God but I'm not following satan either" are being deceived.

If you are against God, you are for satan - forget all of the 'religions' and 'new age theories' that mankind has created over the centuries. When it comes down to it, yes Armageddon, every one of us, if we haven't already, will have to make a choice - follow God or follow satan. Mankind, and people such as Oprah, are who have brainwashed the mass people into believing that we have all these "choices" of gods or "religions" and we can just "Pick One, Pick Any One - they all are basically the same".

Again, you have the choice of buying into that, or believing and following Christ.

Ooo, I think I see the normal scare tactic in there, the whole, your with satan thing... I think that is one of the big errors of the bible, and religion, adding a hell and a satan. This is the controlling part of Religions, If you dont do this, Boom, Do Not Pass Go, Go straight to Hell... This is a no-go.

I am a man without religion. I am not Atheist, Agnostic, or any other wonderful category. Just so we are aware, that Im not Atheist trying to God bash here.

Im just a realistic person. I look at what are known to be the truths, even if they must change later, I change. Change is inevitable... Unless of course from a vending machine... jk....

Rekar

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

and god did not write the bible a MAN DID

interpretation of such.

you see for you to say to me follow the way of the lord... what one? Mohammad? the prophet ? budda? krishna? whatever?

do you know one thing all holy books have in common?

controll...of an agenda

the very same argument you use is the very same one people use to blow people up

i find that distasteful hypercritical and ironic

god does not love you he only made you

On the contrary though - God and the Bible aren't about control. God allows every single one of us to choose who we want to follow.

But He does make it clear that should we choose to follow Him, there are rules and laws that we must adhere to.
I think you are taking that to mean 'control' but in reality, it comes down to free will and choice, again. We are free to choose who or where.

Since we are talking about eternal salvation - and since eternity is a long, long, long, longgggg time........ I choose God and yes, that means sacrifice and adhering, or trying my best to, things that a human struggles with. Even our thoughts should be pure and oooh boy lemme tell you that one is hard - who can control their thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join