It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by michaelhernsin

I have heard talk of Jesus traveling around that area. I do not know it is true or not. But the message is always more important than the source. Because only from the message can we find the source. Buddha believed we would find enlightenment through meditation. Jesus also. His message summed up would be this, at least for me. Now i die for your shortcomings(sin). You are truly free now. Free will now takes you on your journey. The lessons i have taught to you will guide you on your journey. Love is the ultimate treasure. It is the only means to self peace.

no thats actually NOT what buddha thought/sad but non the less the teachings were the same.
My point was...jesus was a man...son of god? doubtful. In the sense of the bible's teachings...we are ALL sons and daughters of god. In the past the way they SAID WORDS and the meanings, are entirely different than today.
THE SON OF GOD, could have and most logically meant he was created by god. NOT LITERALLY his son.
Christians and Catholics like to see what they want to see. when theres a double standard, they OF COURSE dismiss that, and say your evil and your sin and i'll pray for you.
haha its like the auto backup to ANYTHING "negative' or anything that might QUESTION THERE FAITH.
the VERY FACT you have to constantly make up excuses for an un-supplied answer IN YOUR FAITH/RELIGION goes to say something..
YES JESUS WAS AMAZING.
yes i believe JESUS IS THE WAY...
not LITERALLY believe IN JESUS...
but the way he THOUGHT, and the message he left behind...FOLLOW HIS PATH...but do not look at HIM LITERALLY as the key and way to find heaven/happiness.
HE POINTED US TO THE WATER, now its our time to drink. dont think by following and believing in him is going to get you where you want/need.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion

Originally posted by michaelhernsin

Originally posted by Evangelical
First let me prove that islam is false. Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet this He cannot lie. Jesus said He was God and the saviour, how do Muslims deny this? They claim the Christian Gospel is a false Gospel invented hundreds of years later and the real Gospel was revealed to Mohammed and the real Gospel foretold the coming of himself.

Archaeology has proven that as early as 55AD Christians knew the Gospel we continue to hear today and by which we are saved. Islam is a false religion based on this fact whether Christianity is true or not.

we also worshiped snakes, killed humans for sacrifices to the gods, prayed to statues and countless other things.
the way you practice your faith is the way YOU practice it.
who in the hell are Christians/Catholics to say THEIR WAY IS RIGHT

because THIS PERSON TOLD THEM, at this time...i mean seriously i hope

this religion falls to its knees in the coming years.

HALF...correction almost 90% of them dont even know what there praying to, the meaning of there sins etc.
"OH I CANT DO THIS SO I WONT"
you get the answers and thats it, u follow it blindly without understanding it thoroughly.
there like a child being instructed by there parents "NO DONT DO THAT"
and that's itt
its such a sad sad joke

Never close your mind to the possibility. You see even some people who are in the church will be turned away. We all know what is right and what is wrong. Our hearts condemn us when we are wrong. It is frustrating sometimes that people intentionally refuse to accept something because they do not understand it. Except science so it seems. Just take their word for it. lol. It is kind of funny, but if you do not understand something and do not research it, looking at it from every possible angle, then your input should always be what? I don't know.

some what agree...the POINT IS...if you know something is wrong dont do it, if its right then do it...
thats it lol

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I thought that the Devil was the first Intelligent being that God created? And I was under the impression that the reason the Devil was labeled as being "Evil" and got the boot out of Heaven was that he started asking too many questions. He was kicked out for "Trying to be like the most high", essentially trying to have equal powers to God.

I do not know about you, but if I was the Devil and it was just me and God and no one else around I would get a little bored of playing "Hey Watch This!". After a while and I would say "Hey bro can I get a turn at that magic power thing?" then God says "NO WAY DUDE! You do not get to play." I would be pretty pissed as well.

Why didn't God at least have an election to see who got to have the Power? Maybe they could have taken turns with the power? That would have been at least fair.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Not that any of the naysayers and non believers care, but everything that is being written on this thread...... oooh boy - yall should remember, "every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess". (regardless of who/what you believe in)

I don't think I have witnessed such hatred for God, or the Bible, ever - like I have on this thread.

This has to be the one and only "generation" that is called evil in the Bible - I have very little doubt of that now.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Could it be that God created satan with his own free will? Satan then deceived a following of Angles and demanded that they take over. Well there is only two forces at work here. One was all that existed for a while and that was love. Satan introduced evil. So who is to say who is right or wrong. It was just God and His Angles at this point. Enter man. We are going to testify for or against what these two forces have done in our existence. You will have that election you are talking about.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

If I absolutely KNEW beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was created inferior KNOWING full well that I could have been created EQUAL I would DEFINITELY be a little bit angry!

For a God to tell me "I created you. I am Omnipotent and I had the chance to hook you up with more power but I intentionally did not" I would HAVE to question the logic behind that decision!

Why CAN'T I have equal power? Why would you INTENTIONALLY design me as being your slave? I would not be running around doing errands for an OMNIPOTENT being! I would be like "DUDE! You are OMNIPOTENT! Why do I have to go and toot the trumpet. You can design a trumpet that toots itself!!"

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

That is just it. You don't want slaves. You want to create a being that can make the decision to love you or not. I believe the worship that goes on in heaven is not demanded. It is a result of the love they have for God.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

If you interpret "Love" for a God to mean "Do as I COMMAND" then yes I guess they do have free will.

If you interpret "Love" to mean "Do as I command or ye shall be cast out of Heaven" then I guess that would be free will also.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

No, most Christians read the bible cover to cover, including all the "begats" because they play an important part in the Gospel of the The Christ.
I have read the bible through and through, trying to use different translations each time.
When Jesus was asked about the "Kingdom of God," he replied "Do you not know that the Kingdom of God is within you?" Most Christians miss this part. He even goes on, if you study, to tell you how to obtain the "Kingdom of God." Study, question, meditate, practrice charity, giving freely without expectation of receiving. He went on to teach us about what we mistakenly call Karma. "Cast your bread upon the waters and it will return to you sevenfold." (I'm not sure that is an exzct quote. I'm at work and don't have access to a bible.) In other words, what goes around, comes around. You've got to give before you get.
After 59 years of living, and trying to be decent to people, to follow the golden rule, to contribute to charities and help individuals, I am finding that it does come back. I have experienced, in the middle of a recession, financial windfalls, small, but very much appreciated. When others are not working at all, I'm getting overtime. And I am thankful for that everyday.
Now, let me explain that while I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, I do not attend church. My job requires me to work every Sunday. But because I work on Sundays and can't attend church doesn't mean I can't attempt to live a Christ-like life. I won't say I'm real good at it, because I do lose my temper sometimes, and my lanquage is sometimes pretty blue. (I can cuss like a sailor, and unfortunately, just as the bible says, the tongue is the hardest part of the body for a man to control.) But I try, give thanks for those days I succeed, and ask forgiveness for those days I fail.
So to all the atheists, agnostics, pagans, and lapsed Christians, I offer a challange. Sit down and read the the Gospes. Pay close attention to the words of the Christ. Then attempt to model your lifestyle after that of Jesus, and his teachings. I am not asking you to become a Christian; I am asking you to live the way a real Christian would live.
While you are in the process of doing this, go to Genesis and start reading. There are plenty of tables out there to guide you through reading the bible in one year. As you read, ask questions, write them down, noting book, chapter, and verse. See if your questions are answered as you read futher. If they aren't then discuss it with someone you trust, but is not going to try to "convert" you. If nothing else, start a thread on ATS.
Try this for awhile and see how it makes you feel. See if you don't feel better about yourself, and about mankind in general.
Try it. What do you have to lose?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Not that any of the naysayers and non believers care, but everything that is being written on this thread...... oooh boy - yall should remember, "every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess". (regardless of who/what you believe in)

I don't think I have witnessed such hatred for God, or the Bible, ever - like I have on this thread.

This has to be the one and only "generation" that is called evil in the Bible - I have very little doubt of that now.

You keep making the same mistake -- my God is not your God.
It is your God who punishes intelligence and questioning with eternal damnation and hellfire.
You can keep him.

I'll take my loving, intelligent God.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I think you need to read the that passage again. There is a moral to the story of Lazarus and the rich man. By the way, that is a parable, a story used to teach moral principles. Jesus uses parables much the same way Buddhists use Koans to reach enlightenment. There are layers to each parable, and when they are explained by Jesus, he doesn't explain each layer. Instead he expects us to meditate on these and understand how they apply to our lives.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Again, not believing in god does mean NOT BELIEVING...as in believing he does not exit. And since some don't believe that he exist how can they hate him? Do they hate someone they don't believe exist?

That makes no sense.

But your post is a typical extremist way of putting it.
Every religous man or woman I have met are so deep down in their own belief that they only see black and white.

If you don't believe in god - you hate him
If you don't believe in the bible - you're the spawn of satan
If you don't believe in heaven, love,
and other typical biblical statements - You are a lost soul, an empty vessel, a depressed child of good who you will pray for that he will eventually find the word of god and embrace it...blah blah.
I've even heard absurd stuff like, handicaped and homosexuals are possesed by demons and are evil. That pisses me right off...

Yes, this is a rather harsh post. But NOT because I hate your god, but because I hate posts like that. Posts that incorrectally judges other people just because they don't believe in the same things as you.
Again, if you can't take it that you will have 100's of questions thrown at you, then one shouldn't post on this site. If you want to preach, do it the church and not here.

Discuss with us, do try to prove to us why god exist. Solid evidence. Not just refering to a book. Please do so.
But don't freakin judge people just because they don't believe the same thing you do.

link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Great post ! As well, the "church" is supposedly the Christians - not an actual building.

And check out the Catholics - who admit they are who changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.

All my life I've observed Sunday as the Sabbath - now I observe the entire weekend (as I'm unemployed) just in case.

link   

We shouldn't get worked up over it. We understand the Love God has for us and we decided to take it. Others decided against. They are blinded by needing proof and asking questions. Just wish everyone the best and until that day comes when they have to bow, let God deal with the rest. They heard the scripture, it's their fault if they don't accept it. Love them the rest of their days anyway and forgive them what they say.

There is going to be hate everywhere unfortunately and people hijacking Christian religion for their own purposes serves no better either.

We will never know unfortunately. I'm not going to worry about it personally. I will live for God and others can mock and call me names and say that I'm living in denial. Just love and forgive them. They are God's children too man. Our own brothers and sisters. God Bless!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

You should understand that it isn't my responsibility to try to "prove" God or anything else to anyone on this thread. I come hear to post and share my views. Whether you believe or not is entirely up to you. You're accountable for your life - not me.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Water-tastes-good

You are absolutely correct in what you said - and I should try to remember that. I guess I've been on this particular thread for two days and I get frustrated when people say that....... "Prove it".

Like my life responsibility is to somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat and kazam - they now believe.

Everyone here is an adult, I hope - and knows how to read, I hope. Therefore the non believers should use their own resources and research if they want "proof" - but not come on an online forum trying to challenge people to a Bible Duel.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Akezzon

You should understand that it isn't my responsibility to try to "prove" God or anything else to anyone on this thread.

Isn't that what you constantly try to do here? And when you get questions you can't answer to ouor satisfaction you turn your back and call us haters?

I come hear to post and share my views. Whether you believe or not is entirely up to you. You're accountable for your life - not me.

Ofc, you are welcome to share your views. But if you are so neutral and only post here to share your views, again, why judge?

Share you views, by all means. I don't think anyone here will deny you this.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

You won't find a post on the entire internet where I've called anyone a 'hater'. I don't even use that word, just fyi.

You obviously assume that I'm here to judge - that's God's job, not mine. I'm here because I pay my internet provider each month TO be here. Eh, online.

If you choose to not believe, then you're a big boy - be secure and satisfied with your choices.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I was simply answering a question. I am well aware that there are animals that practice same sex. In rats, it happens when there is a shortage of females(atrifically created in a lab) I'm not offering explanations, and I'm not afraid to say "I don't know."
Like I said, I was just helping someone narrow down where they could find the references in the NT.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Why, why, why do atheists and non believers always, always, always assume that Christians are online, or on Earth for that matter, to convince anyone of anything?

A point to ponder.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join