It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 32
60
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty
 

What do you mean by this? Do you find something wrong with Christianity?

And something needs to be said... You can think you are smarter than everyone else because you are an Atheist, a.k.a. an "Individual", when really you are only representing the blatant Human ignorance that is holding everyone down in this controversial "twister" of who is right and who is wrong.




posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Water-tastes-good
 
Excellent position to take! Let them do their thing, we'll do ours!

SOmehow a person with reason managed to get something through!

Starred!



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers
 


First off, I have to start by saying... LOL.

Second, Samel (Satan's name before the Fall) was making an army to raid Heaven and take power... So starting the First War. Then, after all that fighting, God simply sent out Archangel Michael, with keys and chains, to bind Samel, and lock him in the Abyss, forever more.



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePaladin
reply to post by nomorecruelty
 

What do you mean by this? Do you find something wrong with Christianity?

And something needs to be said... You can think you are smarter than everyone else because you are an Atheist, a.k.a. an "Individual", when really you are only representing the blatant Human ignorance that is holding everyone down in this controversial "twister" of who is right and who is wrong.

And you are the other half holding everybody down, making assumptions, judgements, accusations and pointing fingers.

Enjoy the dark side...



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Again, not believing in god does mean NOT BELIEVING...as in believing he does not exit. And since some don't believe that he exist how can they hate him? Do they hate someone they don't believe exist?


You either believe or you don't. You can't have it both ways by doubting God. If people hate someone they don't believe in, then why get worked up? If they offend you, can you not forgive? Set an example? It's always fight fire with fire with atheists and christians sometimes.


That makes no sense.


??? Did to me.


But your post is a typical extremist way of putting it.
Every religous man or woman I have met are so deep down in their own belief that they only see black and white.


Now your judging. Same thing you hate people doing to you. And, every religious person you've met? I'd say that is a good thing. They just need to work on becoming better individuals.


If you don't believe in god - you hate him
If you don't believe in the bible - you're the spawn of satan
If you don't believe in heaven, love,
and other typical biblical statements - You are a lost soul, an empty vessel, a depressed child of good who you will pray for that he will eventually find the word of god and embrace it...blah blah.
I've even heard absurd stuff like, handicaped and homosexuals are possesed by demons and are evil. That pisses me right off...


Some may think that, others don't. Stop throwing the majority of people into this. There are 6 Billion people on this planet and a somewhat 2 Billion are Christians. Have you met all of them? You've never met me. Stop generalizing. I know your angry but you shouldn't refer to the world that way. Do you think I'm an exact replica of Fred Phelps? Seriously!!!


Yes, this is a rather harsh post. But NOT because I hate your god, but because I hate posts like that. Posts that incorrectally judges other people just because they don't believe in the same things as you.
Again, if you can't take it that you will have 100's of questions thrown at you, then one shouldn't post on this site. If you want to preach, do it the church and not here.


Everyone has the feeling of anger. Anyone is true to express it. But his post was true to him. You shouldn't get worked up about it because you disagree. Many posts on here are against my way of belief but I'm extremely content with that. Also, ATS is a website. Anyone can join and anyone can post anything. Well, as long as it is within content of the mods.


Discuss with us, do try to prove to us why god exist. Solid evidence. Not just refering to a book. Please do so.
But don't freakin judge people just because they don't believe the same thing you do.


Well, what solid evidence are you looking for? The Bible is solid evidence and that's where our teachings are located. We lean on that. That's our foundation. If your looking to discuss something else, you just need to ask. No one should be hostile about it neither. Again He was referring to the Bible and what it says. It's also his own opinion. Anyway, calm down if I may so say. Why should anyone get worked up? Have a great night.



[edit on 16-7-2009 by Water-tastes-good]



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical
 


I can agree that living life by the model of Jesus is a good thing, but preaching to worship Jesus will get you a one way ticket directly to hell.

He didn't want you to worship or start organized churches, he simply wanted you to live a good life and acknowledge there was something more powerful than yourself. He also wanted you to give all your wordly posessions to those who were less fortunate. Don't see many christians doing this.

Your title should be restated to say "Living your Life through Jesus's example will get you where you are going". You could have never heard of Jesus or his father and if you live a good life you will end up in the same place as everyone else who lived a good life. Those who make it a religion are going against Jesus's own teaching's in my opinion.



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.


there is so much face palming to be done when reading this thread.

first of all, EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHERS have claimed to be the messiah. I'M the messiah. YOU'RE the messiah. THAT GUY over there is. claiming to be the messiah doesnt make you the messiah.

where does the bible predict the coming of the christ? or do you mean the second coming?

you'll need a bit more than this to make any "logical" conclusion



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
.......As Zorgon pointed out, the Christians, Jews and Muslims are all worshiping the same God, ......


I dunno know bout that?????

I will list what every MAJOR religion thinks of Jesus, which agrees with 99% of what atheists feel about him…

Actually I was referring to the God of Abraham, Jesus is only claimed to be the son of God, and moreover when Jesus taught us to pray in Luke 11:1-13, he told us to address Abraham's God as "Father" just like he did, so I question your assertion that even the Christian faith clearly shows Jesus that much differently from the other faiths when Jesus calls the God of Abraham "Father", and Jesus also instructs us to call the God of Abraham "Father".

Doesn't that tell us something? Yes I know about other passages so don't bore me with those, I want to focus on that specific passage to make my point.


Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
What is more important?

The Teachings of Jesus?

Or

The Belief that Jesus is the son of God?


My favorite answer to that question, is that Thomas Jefferson rewrote the bible to put the emphasis where it should be in response to that question:

The Jefferson Bible


Thomas Jefferson believed that the ethical system of Jesus was the finest the world has ever seen. In compiling what has come to be called "The Jefferson Bible," he sought to separate those ethical teachings from the religious dogma and other supernatural elements that are intermixed in the account provided by the four Gospels. He presented these teachings, along with the essential events of the life of Jesus, in one continuous narrative.


So Jefferson got rid of the ridiculous myths and focused on what's important, the ethical teachings of Jesus, and he's one of America's founding fathers. Seems like his Bible never caught on though, because what fun is the story with no myths or fairy tales?

So that only leaves me with one question, I don't want to be poor and I'm having trouble getting my camel through the eye of a needle, so if I liquify it in a blender to do that, will I get in trouble with the SPCA?

(I better add, I don't really have a camel)



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Water-tastes-good

Originally posted by Akezzon
Again, not believing in god does mean NOT BELIEVING...as in believing he does not exit. And since some don't believe that he exist how can they hate him? Do they hate someone they don't believe exist?


You either believe or you don't. You can't have it both ways by doubting God. If people hate someone they don't believe in, then why get worked up? If they offend you, can you not forgive? Set an example? It's always fight fire with fire with atheists and christians sometimes.

You're missing the point here.
What I am saying is that just because I don't believe in god as you do, doesn't mean I hate him. Why should I hate someone who I don't think exist and ignore? It has nothing to do with the choice of believing or not.


Originally posted by Water-tastes-good

Originally posted by Akezzon
That makes no sense.


??? Did to me.

??? Not to me.


Originally posted by Water-tastes-good


Originally posted by Akezzon
But your post is a typical extremist way of putting it.
Every religous man or woman I have met are so deep down in their own belief that they only see black and white.


Now your judging. Same thing you hate people doing to you. And, every religious person you've met? I'd say that is a good thing. They just need to work on becoming better individuals.


Yes, you are right. I haven't judged until this point. And my judgement is based upon my "pissed-offness".
And how is that a good thing?
Is it good that all christians runs around inside their bubble speaking out loud that if you don't believe in my god you hate him and should be crucified?
Well, I can't see how our world would become better from sucha behavior.


Originally posted by Water-tastes-good

Originally posted by Akezzon
If you don't believe in god - you hate him
If you don't believe in the bible - you're the spawn of satan
If you don't believe in heaven, love,
and other typical biblical statements - You are a lost soul, an empty vessel, a depressed child of good who you will pray for that he will eventually find the word of god and embrace it...blah blah.
I've even heard absurd stuff like, handicaped and homosexuals are possesed by demons and are evil. That pisses me right off...


Some may think that, others don't. Stop throwing the majority of people into this. There are 6 Billion people on this planet and a somewhat 2 Billion are Christians. Have you met all of them? You've never met me. Stop generalizing. I know your angry but you shouldn't refer to the world that way. Do you think I'm an exact replica of Fred Phelps? Seriously!!!


I am wll aware of that. But since it is ok for religous people to generalize...shouldn't it go both. And...I said, ALL I HAVE MET...not I HAVE MET ALL... =P


Originally posted by Water-tastes-good

Originally posted by Akezzon
Yes, this is a rather harsh post. But NOT because I hate your god, but because I hate posts like that. Posts that incorrectally judges other people just because they don't believe in the same things as you.
Again, if you can't take it that you will have 100's of questions thrown at you, then one shouldn't post on this site. If you want to preach, do it the church and not here.


Everyone has the feeling of anger. Anyone is true to express it. But his post was true to him. You shouldn't get worked up about it because you disagree. Many posts on here are against my way of belief but I'm extremely content with that. Also, ATS is a website. Anyone can join and anyone can post anything. Well, as long as it is within content of the mods.

I don't get worked up because I disagree. I get worked up because I am categorized as a lower being and a hater of god because I disagree. Other than that, I agree with you in this section of the quote.


Originally posted by Water-tastes-good

Originally posted by Akezzon
Discuss with us, do try to prove to us why god exist. Solid evidence. Not just refering to a book. Please do so.
But don't freakin judge people just because they don't believe the same thing you do.


Well, what solid evidence are you looking for? The Bible is solid evidence and that's where our teachings are located. We lean on that. That's our foundation. If your looking to discuss something else, you just need to ask. No one should be hostile about it neither. Again He was referring to the Bible and what it says. It's also his own opinion. Anyway, calm down if I may so say. Why should anyone get worked up? Have a great night.


It is NOT evidence. It is a BOOK. Fiction. It is yesterdays education material. It may be, however, your guideline in life, your guidebook. But hardly evidence.
If someone wanted me to prove that a friend of mine exist, I would give them an adress, a picture or even take them to his house so they can meet him. I wouldn't run around with a phonebook with numbers in it that has no validity confirmation.

The problem is that there is nothing else than this book.
So then we need some kind of evidence that what is written in it is true.
And that is something you can't prove with waving the bible around.
The words in the bible is evidence that it is a book.
But I am talking about the evidence that that point out the truth within the book.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Akezzon]



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by Akezzon
 


You won't find a post on the entire internet where I've called anyone a 'hater'. I don't even use that word, just fyi.


No, you said:

I don't think I have witnessed such hatred for God, or the Bible, ever - like I have on this thread.

This has to be the one and only "generation" that is called evil in the Bible - I have very little doubt of that now.


So where do you mean the "hatred" comes from?
to me it is pretty obvious who you are refering to.
No you never said haters. But you do suggest that we "non-believers" bring hatred to this thread. Do you not?

Anyway, this has gone beyond how I usually express myself.
I will try to stay out from this thread now and not interfare with your beliefs. As I said many pages ago, I do respect them, I just don't agree with them. And since I don't like judging and since I am dangerously close to do it myself, I'll get out of here now.

Good night.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Akezzon]



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty


Why, why, why do atheists and non believers always, always, always assume that Christians are online, or on Earth for that matter, to convince anyone of anything?

A point to ponder.



I don't think that anybody has that opinion.
I certainly do not.
However, when you make a post like the OP did,
or posts like yours, you can expect reasoned debate.
If reasoned debate makes you uncomfortable, why would you bring it up in the first place?


A different point to ponder.



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty


Why, why, why do atheists and non believers always, always, always assume that Christians are online, or on Earth for that matter, to convince anyone of anything?

A point to ponder.


You could start to understand that by reading the title of this thread: "Jesus Christ is the only way", if that's not an inflammatory extremist statement and a conversion attempt to convince others just in the title I don't know what is. If the OP had just said Hi, I'm so and so and new to ATS and BTW I'm a Christian" that wouldn't be nearly as inflammatory as his conversion attempt.

I know that wasn't you, but then you make posts promoting your beliefs and then say you're not here to convince anyone of anything? Then why are you posting if not to convince others, isn't that the purpose of intelligent debate in these forums? It seems that way to me and one thing I must compliment you on is your manners and conduct in carrying on a rational discussion, instead of resorting to name calling or other tactics used by some less civil posters.

I doubt I'm convincing very many people of anything, but at least I admit I'm trying to convince them to get out of their box and look at things from different perspectives, that their way of looking at things may not be the only way of looking at things. If you're trying to convince others to see the merits of your viewpoints, is that such a bad thing? I thought that's the whole purpose for this forum?



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
First let me apologize I have not read all this thread it was just too long when I came to it.
Jesus Christ is the only way
Well if you follow the life of Joshua son of Mary then that for sure it is a good way.

Now the Bible is a totally different matter, guess what it was not written by God it was written by man and at some considerable time after the event. Too make matters much worse it was greatly edited by the Romans some 300 AD or so. So the New Testament that you all like to quote so much was as the power in Rome wanted it in order to maintain the power over the people. So if you read the bible you do not particularly know Joshua son of Mary at all.

After this it became the Roman Catholic Church. It was all about power then and has not changed at all. Now having said that I know very well that there are some very good people who do fantastic work within the church. However the members are many and the ones that do good are few.

Now are far as predictions are concerned if you say enough and leave enough time some just have to come true. The law of average and little more.

So the man is right to live as did Joshua son of Mary is a good thing but you need to refer to more than the bible and certainly not the Roman Catholic Church.

One thing that is of amassment to me is this these church people will spend sh#t loads of money building a church, meaning a truly wonderful building when that same sh#t loads of money could be put to GOOD in this world. But they still think of themselves as Christian.

When Joshua son of Mary said go forth and build a church he was not thinking of St Paul’s.



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me

Originally posted by TheComte
I don't think Jesus ever claimed to be the Messiah. He only kept silent when others made the claim of him.

Please show where in the Bible that Jesus makes the claim himself.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by TheComte]


Please take a look at Luke 7:20-23: And when the men had come to him, they said "Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?" And when the men had come to him, they said, "John the Baptist has sent us to you, saying, 'Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?'" In that hour he cured many of diseases and plagues and evil spirits, and on many that were blind he bestowed sight. And he answered them, "Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is he who takes no offense at me."


Just as I suspected. Jesus never claims he is the Messiah.

Thanks for your help.



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I just wanted to pop in, and give my thoughts. Jesus "Your Christ"; you can keep. The greatest Death Cult Of All Time Is The Christian Death Cult. The average person to claim being a Christian is no different than your average murderer...........They just CHOOSE to not realize the death they propagate.

Have fun cutting this post to shreds.......Don't think I'll be back..............



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TornMind
 


Dear TornMind

From TornMind

“I just wanted to pop in, and give my thoughts. Jesus "Your Christ"; you can keep. The greatest Death Cult Of All Time Is The Christian Death Cult. The average person to claim being a Christian is no different than your average murderer...........They just CHOOSE to not realize the death they propagate.”

Now now the Christian church does do some very good work on this planet. So I think your comment is just a little harsh. There are many who are alive today because of the work of some of the church members.



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269
 


one could also say there are many more who ARENT alive due to christianity..but i guess thats one of those "glass half full/half empty" type scenarios



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
 


Dear ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBI

With out question historically you are correct. The Roman Catholic Church is guilty of many atrocities in the past. Not to speak of the total BS that the current Pope speaks. However I know personally of a great deal for very good work done by some church members



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think it would be a better world if people directed themselves at real issues instead of thinking they have the goods on how to get to heaven. I dont think anyone's gonna get into heaven if we keep killing children and innocent people in foreign countries.



posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by novacs4me

Originally posted by TheComte
I don't think Jesus ever claimed to be the Messiah. He only kept silent when others made the claim of him.

Please show where in the Bible that Jesus makes the claim himself.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by TheComte]


Please take a look at Luke 7:20-23: And when the men had come to him, they said "Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?" And when the men had come to him, they said, "John the Baptist has sent us to you, saying, 'Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?'" In that hour he cured many of diseases and plagues and evil spirits, and on many that were blind he bestowed sight. And he answered them, "Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is he who takes no offense at me."


Just as I suspected. Jesus never claims he is the Messiah.

Thanks for your help.


Make of this what you will. I am not a Christian, only versed in the bible.

John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
John 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

The word 'he' is italicized meaning the word was added for clarity. This is the clearest verse I can remember of Jesus appearing to claim to be the Messiah, but I don't interpret the book, only quote from it.



new topics

top topics



 
60
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

log in

join