It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect puts drugs in his mouth; cop breaks his neck

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The reality is, this man died because he made the choice to have drugs in his possetion. He chose to be on the road with them, endangering other people. How is it fair for somebody to do that, while endangering other people? How is it fair to the rest of society, that chooses not to do drugs, or drink and drive? The dope head was an idiot who made the wrong choices resulting in his own death.

It hasn't been proven by an autopsy that he had any drugs in his system yet., for one.

Carrying/possessing drugs does not and should not cause someone to be at fault for their own death unless he tripped on his stash and fell down some stairs and broke his neck. He didn't. A cop threw and likely twisted his neck during the scuffle-fall.

Who made you God to decide anyone who posesses narcotics deserves to die?

Next people will say that those that 'resist' arrest deserve to die by any means necessary.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66

Carrying/possessing drugs does not and should not cause someone to be at fault for their own death unless he tripped on his stash and fell down some stairs and broke his neck. He didn't. A cop threw and likely twisted his neck during the scuffle-fall.

Your entitled to your opinion. I do believe that he caused his death by having the drugs on him. If he had handed them over to the policeman, he would not have died now, would he? He caused the struggle with the policeman, not the other way around.

Who made you God to decide anyone who posesses narcotics deserves to die?

If they are illegal narcotics, and they are pulled over by the police, and don't hand them over when asked to, then what happened in the video is what a person holding can expect to happen. How about not having drugs on you or in your system? So, you are suggesting it is ok to do drugs, and have them on you?

Who made you God to decide that an officer of the law should not do his job, that the department already said he was following proceedure on?

Next people will say that those that 'resist' arrest deserve to die by any means necessary.

Well, you just said that, as far as I can tell, nobody is of that opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
All I wanna know is, who would the ATS members blame if this idiot swallowed his meth to hide it from the officer. Then the officer LEGALLY has to go get a warrant for the drugs, take him to the hospital to get the mans stomach pumped, and in the mean time, this yahoo dies from the lethal amount of drugs HE chose to swallow?

I already know...it would STILL be the cops fault and most of you would figure out a way to blame the police for NOT stopping him, etc....its always a catch 22 with people who have no idea.

Bottom line...he should of MANNED up and turned over the drugs and took his punishment. Instead HE (thats right, only HE) made a bad choice to try and swallow it. All could of been avoided by the suspect...so sorry, hes NOT a victim.

Translation: Since the guy might have killed himself by swallowing drugs, it was ok for the law enforcer to kill him. Viva the American Stasi!

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Don't be so quick to judge if you haven't walked a mile in their shoes cause it is a whole different world.

I think you're absolutely right about that. Just apply it to everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come now people, the fact that we have troops guarding the poppy fields of Afghanistan should tell you all you need to know, even if you ignore all the evidence of CIA drug running that’s been going on for decades now. Since we ran the Taliban out of business, the price of heroin has plummeted in Europe and the American East coast. Que bono?

Seems we learned nothing from prohibition. Huge profits for the big boys, police state for the rest of us.

The statists must be masochistic to so love having the fascist jack-boot ground into their faces. Or perhaps they think that they’re going to be doing the grinding? Wake up, the assassin always gets taken out.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Anyone can try to justify the use of hard drugs, but you can not deny the fact that the main two are a grabber..Meaning they are not something you use on occasion..Meth I beleive has the highest addiction ratio out there..seconded to heroine..
Both drugs destroy lives..Not only the users but far reaching to dam near everyone at one point..We all pay into a neccesary evil called the war on drugs..

I think a certain drug should be legalized as long as there are strict rules that go along with it..

It is possible to be a functional addict with canibus..
But lets not be in denial of the fact drugs are very dangerous in the hands of weak willed people..

I myself is medicaly addicted to painkillers..after 5 surgerys before the age 22,and still walking on two torn MCL's i'll be on them for life..After about 9 yrs on them I dont feel any altering effects other than just sleeping like a log..Other than having to take 1 or two to wake up and get straight,I feel as though I am a very functional addict..

My wife would say other wise.I have held a job of extreme responsibility and safe gaurding 100's of thousands of dollars of my bosses intrests soely myself..But I am a good example of prescription drug addiction..

For everyone of me there are 4 or five that cant be a functional addict..
I have seen them come and go on the job,never once telling them ''hey I take them too'' cause most of the time they cant handle being responsible..

I have seen a good kid who I was a big brother to go from a weekly partyer to a daily,smashing pills and snorting them,to loosing his job that was almost a lifelong gig from his god father,to knocking over a bank and running from NJ to tennesse..Some of you may have seen him in the news back in the winter..

so dont give me if its prescription it has no downsides..

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Are people so hard up to blame cops for every little thing that goes wrong during a traffic stop that they forget that the reason they are being pulled over is because they broke the law?

He didn't do this on purpose. He tried to get the drug out of the criminals hand several times. The criminal some how gets the drug in his mouth and the cop tries to prevent him from swallowing the evidence.

No drugs, no drug charge. You can't charge someone because they piss hot.

They fall to the ground and they land ackward and the guy dies.

The criminal started this by not wanting to give up his stash. Now people who forget he was a criminal want to punish a man for trying to do his job.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
yeah sure lets make meth legal..

I'm sure you would say that if this was your sister or mother..

Yes because keeping it Illegal has stopped the person in your video from doing it

If people want to do drugs, they're going to do them regardless of legality.

It's like folk who want to ban guns, when most of the guns used in crimes are obtained illegally anyway.

A ban doesn't solve anything, it only allows ignorant people to sleep easier at night thinking everything is honky dory when infact it isn't

Better solutions would be to legalise drugs, allowing for better control and also offering users pure drugs instead of the impure stuff most of are sold these day cut with rat poison and various other chemicals along with better help for addicts & education on the whole facts about drugs and not just on the negatives.

Leave people the choice to do the drugs, it's their life afterall.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Your entitled to your opinion. I do believe that he caused his death by having the drugs on him. If he had handed them over to the policeman, he would not have died now, would he? He caused the struggle with the policeman, not the other way around.

Yes, it was suicide to try to rid of his drugs so he wouldn't go to jail. His fault. He should have handed them over like a good boy because he was too dumb to toss them to the side of the road like any other junky would. We should all just obey so freely, I mean, not giving over some crack to a cop is like holding a weapon now apparently.

Who made you God to decide that an officer of the law should not do his job, that the department already said he was following proceedure on?

His job is to cuff him when it comes down to it. Not to worry about the pettyness of what this guy gobbles into his mouth.

in regards to resisting ...

Well, you just said that, as far as I can tell, nobody is of that opinion.

You are more or less saying that. It is because this guy tried to hide his drugs is why he died right? therefore it was like suicide??

[edit on 14-7-2009 by suzque66]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

His job is to cuff him when it comes down to it. Not to worry about the pettyness of what this guy gobbles into his mouth.

You are more or less saying that.

If he swallows the drug, what are you going to arrest him for?

He ate the evidence.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

silly, lol

they would wait until he 'had to go' at the station, then charge him with the drug offense once the evidence comes..out.

Afterall, he did witness him shoving something in his mouth..in all likelyhood it was narcotics in a baggie.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

That sounds to me like the coroner is trying to cover things up.

The presence of a hyoid bone fracture is a generally accepted indication of death by violent strangulation. There's not a lot of other ways to fracture that bone.

CAD and an enlarged heart are existing conditions, but to include them in the cause of death in this case is quite suspicious. It's like saying he died from CAD, and enlarged heart, and a gunshot wound to the chest.

Makes no sense.

I thought the same thing. Had the suspect not had his neck broken, his other ailments would not have caused his death at that moment.

Unfortunately we will never be able to get an accurate determination of the phrase "reasonable force".

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I mean, not giving over some crack to a cop is like holding a weapon now apparently.

Actually, until he put them in his mouth, how was the policeman supposed to know exactly what was in his hand? For all we know the policeman could have thought he was holding a knife.

Sure about that? How is it petty to try and have the guy spit it out? Just possibly the officer, outside of wanting what was in his mouth for evidence, was concerned of an overdose?

You are more or less saying that.

What I am saying is, this is a tradgedy that could have been easily avoided a couple of ways. First of all if the person who died had not been out on the road with drugs, and secondly, if he had handed them over when asked to.

I firmly believe that the officer did not intend to kill this man, and was only doing his job. He can't be held accountable for another persons stupid mistakes.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is reminding me more and more of that British guy who was hurt by police as he was innocently walking by during a protest and later on he dropped dead.

The police used the same tactics, claiming it was other issues that were the cause of death.

From what I recall, they were proven to be liable for his death by proxy.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

reply to post by jd140

silly, lol

they would wait until he 'had to go' at the station, then charge him with the drug offense once the evidence comes..out.

Afterall, he did witness him shoving something in his mouth..in all likelyhood it was narcotics in a baggie.

What if it wasn't in a baggie silly?

How long are allowed to hold an individual without charging him?

You think the guy would just up and take a crap when the urge hits him?

Your anti cop rants are what is silly. I don't think you even watched the video. You most likely saw the thread title and posted away.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Leave people the choice to do the drugs, it's their life afterall.

And do you think that that women in the video would be employable??

I think not,so where is she going to get the money to get her groove on??

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Actually, until he put them in his mouth, how was the policeman supposed to know exactly what was in his hand? For all we know the policeman could have thought he was holding a knife.

lol yes, because he might have just left the circus and being a professional knife/sword swallower that would be easy for him. lolol Who swallows knives? nail clippers, sure maybe. Yes, thats it, they guy's weapon was nail clippers he was saving for later in the cell.

Sure about that? How is it petty to try and have the guy spit it out? Just possibly the officer, outside of wanting what was in his mouth for evidence, was concerned of an overdose?

Yes, sure. I am sure 99.9% of all cops worry about the poor drug addicts and their health. They must lose sleep over it at night (or day).

What I am saying is, this is a tradgedy that could have been easily avoided a couple of ways. First of all if the person who died had not been out on the road with drugs, and secondly, if he had handed them over when asked to.

you didn't say it could have been avoided, you said he deserved it.

I firmly believe that the officer did not intend to kill this man, and was only doing his job. He can't be held accountable for another persons stupid mistakes.

that is your opinion. Until there is a drug toxicology report and proof that this guy had a weak neck from an injury to begin with, we will see.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What if it wasn't in a baggie silly?

what kind of drugs don't come wrapped? If he is accused of being on meth, meth is cooked, not something you open in a car to do while driving. If it is open, then he is taking that chance then. If it was not in a baggy, the guy would know and he would know he is commiting suicide (or at the least, brain damage).

How long? Most states likely around 48-72 hours. They might even get a court ordered extension for this (ewwww)??? X-lax anyone?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
follow authorities orders u live, disobey u die.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

lol yes, because he might have just left the circus and being a professional knife/sword swallower that would be easy for him. lolol Who swallows knives? nail clippers, sure maybe. Yes, thats it, they guy's weapon was nail clippers he was saving for later in the cell.

How was the policeman supposed to know what was in his hand until the man put the drugs into his mouth. He could not see what he was holding.

Considering he could not even get a hold of the hand holding the drugs, how do you suppose he was actually going to cuff him?

Yes, sure. I am sure 99.9% of all cops worry about the poor drug addicts and their health. They must lose sleep over it at night (or day).

How do you know he wasn't concerned after actually seeing the guy stuff them into his mouth?

you didn't say it could have been avoided, you said he deserved it.

Unfortunately, he did, because he was not following orders, and put up a struggle, which could have been avoided for the reasons I listed. He caused his own tragic death.

that is your opinion. Until there is a drug toxicology report and proof that this guy had a weak neck from an injury to begin with, we will see.

That is quite true.

edit to fix quotes

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Blanca Rose]

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
And do you think that that women in the video would be employable??

I think not,so where is she going to get the money to get her groove on??

I didn't say there aren't consequences, if someone is stupid enough to screw up their life through excessive drug usage then they should have to deal with the consequences.

However, how does the legailty of her taking the drugs have any effect on where she is going to get the money to get her groove on ?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Unfortunately, he did, because he was not following orders, and put up a struggle, which could have been avoided for the reasons I listed. He caused his own tragic death.

The whole incident went on far too long. The struggle had everything to do with trying to get those drugs. If the cop worried less about trying to dig out at the guys top end, he could have spent those precious 4 minutes cuffing him and holding him down. No attempt to cuff was made to get this guy's face even available so he could dig into his mouth. Even then, he'd just get bitten likely anyways. Cuff the guy and toss him into the cruiser. Best he can do.

edit: maybe even call the waaaambulance for they guy and take him to emerg.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by suzque66]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join