It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect puts drugs in his mouth; cop breaks his neck

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What if the guy was high while driving? What if he lost controll of his car and killed someone? Think about that for a minute. All this guy had to do was spit out the drugs and he'd be fine a night in the slammer and a fine, but he resisted arrest. Now if the cop had taserd this guy and cuffed him you'd be yelling and screaming about how the taser wasnt necessary and how the cop could just grab him and taken him down.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Legalize it all meth the whole nine yards, if people are free they should be free to do what they want, regulating it is better than money going into criminals hands.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomInChains
What if the guy was high while driving? What if he lost controll of his car and killed someone? Think about that for a minute. All this guy had to do was spit out the drugs and he'd be fine a night in the slammer and a fine, but he resisted arrest. Now if the cop had taserd this guy and cuffed him you'd be yelling and screaming about how the taser wasnt necessary and how the cop could just grab him and taken him down.

Oh and he wouldn't have died if he got tasered, your right totally.

>.>

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm outraged! The police are out of control. The guy was caught on camera putting drugs in his mouth. The officer should of just hand cuffed him and took him to the station. This is too much the police are falling right in line with the new world order. Evil

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
the men in the video from the ops link are absolutely correct

we need new policies and ways of doing things

this drug war is not working

and it is a war, and its not killing the enemy its killing innocent people

people shouldnt be arrested for drugs, at most they should be helped

this is a free country

but due to the drug war, amongst other things police are too brutal

no one should ever be at risk during a simple traffic stop

but due to policies implemented by law enforcement, they constantly raise the stakes attributing to these situations

except for explosives cops should never search vehicles and except for being intoxicated should never take people out of their vehicle

everything is escalating too much in the past couple years and we are hearing of too many injuries and deaths due to police encounters

we need true change as all this is doing is causing a greater rift between civilians and law enforcement

but to be realistic, nothing will ever change and these incidents will continue to increase in number, law enforcement will never back down or change their policies, they will only make things worse, we are in for a truly scary future

and its simply all to gain control over a free population

our forefathers died for us to be free

the only thing i wonder is how long it will be before people start standing up and start dying again in the name of freedom

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Bulls#!t....more people die from aclohol everyday than all the other drugs put together. Its sad to hear people put these drug users down with a beer in their hand.I have burried alot of friends and loved ones because of aclohol , never none of the illeagal substances.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yeah sorry. But that man did not deserve to die. No one deserves to die over some drugs. Sorry. This vile PIG murdered this man.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

What if the guy was high while driving? What if he lost controll of his car and killed someone?

And what if he was alien spy from the planet zargon and what he put in his mouth was secret plans for the destruction of Earth ?

It's so easy to play with "what if's" when you weren't there to full appreciate the situation

[edit on 14/7/09 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey

our forefathers died for us to be free

the only thing i wonder is how long it will be before people start standing up and start dying again in the name of freedom

Not much longer

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

And what about if the person has a warrant for their arrest. You ganna tell me that the officer won't be able to touch the person to put them in handcuff's?!?! Ummmmm, Noooooo!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty

Legalize it all meth the whole nine yards, if people are free they should be free to do what they want, regulating it is better than money going into criminals hands.

I agree dude, completely. pot is legal in my state if you got the CannibusCard, but they are quite easy to get. You go to clinics, pay them 100 bucks or so, and they hook you up.

But seriously ALL drugs should be legalized and regulated and all that.

The war on drugs is senseless.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Okay, now THIS puts a new and different perspective on this case.Thanks for the heads up smurfy...I encourage everyone to watch this FULL version from start to finish, THEN weigh in. There was a LOT we didn't see in the news EDITED version of this:

[edit on 14-7-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
poor man, he had some drugs on him and didn't want to go to jail because big brother wants to controle what you do. He is nervous and doesn't want to show the cop the drugs for he wants to live free, the cop sees the threat as something huge and goes over the line.

One man dead

score:

freedom: 0

Opression: 1

Welcome to another day in America

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
never mind. I find it disgusting how a pig comes into the thread and says what he thinks about the video and all of you agree with him. Quite pathetic.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Haven't had time to read all the posts on this subject. However from a law enforcement officer's point of view, I don't believe that the cop did anything wrong. Here you have a situation where the suspect is quite a bit larger that the cop-(it's called officer/suspect factors-relating to the resistance/response continuum).
If it were me in that situation, I probably would have let the guy swallow the drug, which can be very harmful to him, and then swab his mouth for residue. Then charge him with destruction of evidence, if there is narcotic residue, which is a felony here in Florida. I think that you may find that the court rules in favor for the officer. My final thought is: Good Cop trying to to his job, accidental death of suspect-not the first time something like that has happened.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Even though the war on drugs is senseless, the man should've cooperated with the cop. If he didn't resist, he may still be alive today.

I know, that sucks to think about......but you should know better than to resist a police officer.

BTW---it seemed like an accident anyway.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You have no idea what your talking about. Do yourself a favor and take a citizen's police academy, get involved, learn what it's like to be a cop hitting the crime ridden streets. Not just sitting on websites, getting hypnotized by all the hype!!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That's definately adding a better view into what happened. Punching and hitting the guy with his knee was definately not needed, however I still don't see them intentionally killing the guy, and he was quite a big guy so help was needed but aren't cops trained in how to see if someone is breathing or CPR ? Seems like they were more interested in getting the bag out of his throat than his health. Interesting though that the coronas report didn't say he died by asphyxiation which would be the cause if the bag was blocking his airway. I really don't know what to think now so I'm going to leave this thread as I don't think I can add anymore

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
One more person learns the hard way: when you are doing something illegal and you get caught by the cops, do what they tell you to do.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
One more person learns the hard way: when you are doing something illegal and you get caught by the cops, do what they tell you to do.

pretty much.

people should know better by now not to eff with cops. Especially when they caught you with something ILLEGAL.

Even though I may disagree with that item being illegal, you still need to obey a police officer when he's telling you to do something.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join