It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect puts drugs in his mouth; cop breaks his neck

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I don't think, in strict terms, the officer is guilty of murder in this case. I'll merely point out my opinion that if the cop had died in the scuffle, the guy being arrested would be labeled a cop killer by police personnel. The "out-of-control" tendency of cops, in the current police state mentality, calls this officer's action into question. Cops today are too quick to grab and throw around a citizen.

Cops used to be "servants" of the public. They have become impolite, impulsive thugs, in many instances, with an "us against them" mentality. No wonder they don't get better citizen's support. And before someone uses the "good cop/bad cop" argument, the good cops keep the bad cops on the job with their silence in abuse cases, such as this.

No one disputes, the police have a tough job sometimes. But, this doesn’t excuse them from treating citizens with respect. Only the police can clean up their image, and it appears this is not being done. As we slip deeper into a police state here in America, we'll see more of this unfortunate loss of life at the hands of cops.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by digginforthetruth
The guy probably swallowed his stash before the officer got to the vehicle if thats what he planned on doing in the first place.LOL

If thats the case then why did the officer grab him in the first place?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

your answer you left sounds just like one who we call sheep on here what are you even doing on this site.here is a question i have to ask could you go in to work and start hitting your boss or shot him or make demands on him.and the answer is no you could not so then why is it that we the people that employed these cop let them treat us like this dont they work for us .why is it that the employee is aloud to treat his employer like this just something to think about

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

this go to anyone on here if you have not taken the drug you have an opion on then shut up you have no right to speak on something you have not done or no anything about other than what you have read in the propaganda books you read im so tired of people talking about drugs who have never done any of them because you really don't no what you are talking about go back to your little sheep lifes you live

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Well you will not find out, what he was thinking, since the dude is dead,

What constitutes reeasonable force. Having his neck broken, that police officer in question, overused his strength on the suspect. Wonder hos the deceased family are feeling. And I also wonder what the police told his family what was the cause of his death.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Seriously, what kind of formations/preparations police officers have these days ?
God, let him swallow...then arrest and take him to the hospital to remove the drugs or do a blood test.
All this with the cam footage is enough to bring him to court.

Sorry, but this is to show how lame and unprepared the police is today.

Plus, when i hear those idiots commenting on FOX, it shows that life has no value anymore.

Something went really wrong with the development of human behavior at some point.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Exactly I agree with you on the point, where if that dude had killed or inured that cop, he would have been charged with assault or murder.

Seems nowadays the police are not the public servants, infact, it is the citizens, that are the subjects of the State. People need to wake up to the fact that this is happening in your country and in mines. Until something is done about it. There will bemoe cases like this.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Wow I cant believe some responses on here...
yes you are correct he should not have held the man in a choke hold, but he was a huge guy methed out and the officer otherwise was doing the right thing
The man was obviously high and while driving is a danger, and the officer clearly knew and saw something in his hand, and the man blatantly lied and resisted because he knew his jig was up.
He really died because of his own stupidity he could have EASILY given up the meth and would probably spend maybe the night in a holding cell and a fine but thats it...

OH and if he swallowed then there is no evidence that he had anything and he could sue and there are protocols and such...
So the officer just wanted to save everyone the hassle and now he is being slandered as a renegade murderer for it

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Ridhya]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Now i am not the biggest fan of cops but the man shouldv'e just given up what was in his hand in the first place. The police officer was simply trying to do his job and sometimes s**t happens in the process.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The guy defending the cops says 'we shouldn't judge' yet he claims early on that the victim was on meth...

later he says autopsy will prove whether he was on meth at the time.

Putting pre-judging (negative towards the victim) statements into a public news broadcast is hardly fair.

Like the other guy said, it happens all the time, injecting (properly sealed) drugs, that is. It has to come out eventually (then the drug charges can be laid). He could/should have merely followed through with his arrest without worrying about the victim hiding his evidence and this wouldn't have occurred.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

So contributing to the dudes death is okay in your eyes? Oh that is accptable for to use over forceable force!

Tell that to the dudes wife and kids, if he has any see how they react to your comment.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
If this idiot swallowed his meth with severe coronary heart disease and a enlarged heart he was dead anyway.

I dont believe meth crystals can be 'ingested' to reach effect but I could be mistaken. I think you have to smoke or inject.

Originally posted by cooler
drugs are terrible & a real problem fro society !. its a good job we have a fantastic police/bullys/thugs/murderers/bunch of killers to look after us all.........................its a shame this honest police man just doing his job....................killing inosent people

Yes everyone is paid to kill innocent people. Im sure he wont have emotional trauma from taking a life... you do know every time you fire or shoot someone you get mandatory therapy right? Which you can deny but at least the first time it is mandatory.

Originally posted by bad2bone
this go to anyone on here if you have not taken the drug you have an opion on then shut up you have no right to speak on something you have not done or no anything about other than what you have read in the propaganda books you read im so tired of people talking about drugs who have never done any of them because you really don't no what you are talking about go back to your little sheep lifes you live

This goes to you: if you have not arrested a criminal or been shot at or seen the REAL effects of drugs then YOU really dont know what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

HUH where did I say death is acceptable?!
I CLEARLY said he should not have used a choke hold... but sometimes in a struggle it happen. He was a massive guy... and on meth.
It is a very unfortunate accident that could and should have been avoided. Maybe you dont have experience with them... they are messed up. Cannot function. He could have gotten into a crash.

Maybe you should try telling his wife and kids first that hes smoking crystals and driving

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Drug addicts are just victims of the devils game. Its a shame to see it happen to people, ive seen many fallen angels in my time, and these people need to be saved NOT punished for an addiction. These people are usually just caught up in a cycle of injuctice and the only thing they can escape is the reality of it all.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Maybe you should try telling his wife and kids first that hes smoking crystals and driving

How do you know he was on meth at the time of the incident? It's more likely he just went to score some for when he got home.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by deadoralive]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You serious?
1. He was pulled over. So I would venture he was swerving or driving erratically.

2. "Gimme your hand"
"I promise you"
"I dont have nothin in my hand I swear to you"
Ja. Hes either really stupid or really high. He says I promise you, cut off as if he knows what the officer is refering to. Then, I dont have nothin in my hand?!! Wow the officer already SAW. So again, really stupid or really high. Believe me people think they are really clever when they're high.

3. He swallows the bag when the officer already knows. If it was sealed it would come out and he would be in trouble anyway. Or if wasnt he could be blood tested. He really wasnt thinking clearly

4. It was IN HIS HAND. If he wasnt in process he wouldnt have been holding it. Tell me, when you have drugs in your glove compartment to do later, why do you pull them out to hide in your hand?

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Ridhya]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by trace_the_truth

Originally posted by star in a jar

Who knows if this guy had kids or pets or dependents who depended on him, and now he's gone because of the war on drugs.

If he did have people who depended on him, he didn't seem to take the responsibility very seriously.

Yes, he should have been an alcoholic, and not then murdered by a pathetic law.

my god.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Moral of story: Don't put drugs into your mouth in a attempt to hide them.

So many stars..

Moral of the story in another agenda - Don't be gay, and you want get bashed.

Yeah, lets adopt the blind eye solution. You people are strange. Enjoy your beer and your cigarettes. Oh wait, there was a huge hullabaloo about tobacco taxes.. I guess, the moral of the story is, BEND OVER and let the man tell you whats what.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

AMEN!

You have your head on tight and are thinking clear and good.

Star for you sir.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
You serious?
1. He was pulled over. So I would venture he was swerving or driving erratically.

Who me? Yea I'm serious. wouldn't you be a little bit nervous with a state trooper up ur ass? Probably waving a gun in his hand.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by deadoralive]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join