It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect puts drugs in his mouth; cop breaks his neck

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If any of us had committed that act, we would be tried for murder 2 or manslaughter, straight-out. Once the officer put his hands on him, he became culpable. We live in a virtual police state. The authorities control the legal system, the facts and information generated by their activities, and they openly control us physically whenever and where ever they see fit. End of story.
I just want to see justice meted out evenly and fairly, with authority figures not given a slap on the wrist for what the rest of us would be demonized for.
Yes, this is one of the effects of prohibition.
I'm somewhat shocked by some of our community members being so quick to blame the victim based on lifestyle choices or addiction. The Police Officer killed a man. Whether you agree with drug and / or alcohol use or not, does anyone believe that anyone should be killed for the sake of a petty bust for a joint, a pill, or a $20 rock?
If you want to blame the victim, and you think this act simply falls within the boundaries of "acceptable risk" in "enforcing the law", then you truly do deserve to live in a police state. The rest of us, however, do not.
This is my opinion, of course. If I were in complete control of everything, I would have all of you tortured and executed for casting even a side-ways glance...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

The average citizen would be in trouble because he or she has no right to touch another person without consent. I do agree that cops often appear to get away with more than seems justifiable, but the analogy between cops and non-cops does not work.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I personally didnt see anything wrong or unacceptable with the cops actions in this video. he was holding the perp in what seems a non life threatening way and the guy fought against it and fell. To me the fall is what caused the injuries, is it the cops fault that the guy fought back and fell and died as a result? I dont think so, but my opinion isnt going to determine the outcome of this situation.

The cop already has to live with knowing a guy died at something he will most likely blame himself for...does he need anymore punsishment than that? ones conscience can punish far more than that of our laws.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The outcome of this video is surely shocking, but it seems that the officer was just doing his job.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What a crappy job. To kill people with the excuse you are trying to save them. Why would anyone want to be a cop?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join