It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the Sun, seems to be heading toward the Sun

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

The increase in solar x-ray flux is likely caused by solar flares in the region around the new sunspots in the southern hemisphere of the Sun. As you say, it is a very low level of activity.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

It is not Mercury. Normally you can only see Mercury when it passes in front of the Sun. When it does, it appears to be a tiny dot, smaller than some sun spots. That is not Mercury. The Object is 4x the Size of Earth...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Manjushri Bodhisattva

And what is up in this Picture...

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

These are from yesterday...

As fast as that object came in... It does not seem to have moved much the last Day...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Found the July 3 pictures now... and a movie...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
whatever it is it is HUGE. The movie clip gives a better perspective about its rotation. Correct me if I am wrong but if it was a comet, would it not be creating a lot of gas debris from its tail the closer it nears the sun?

Definately a harder object than a comet. The question is, will it vaporize from the sun's intense heat, or break up then bounce off from the sun's own athmosphere and hurl pieces somewhere else?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You know, after review the tape a few more times, it is almost as if the object was deflected by the CME that went towards it direction. After that CME it appears to have lost some of its light intensity. I wonder if it is going to start its own orbit around the Sun- then again, I am not a Physicist-can anyone provide more insight?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It seems to have gotten much dimmer through the day as it got closer

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I wish... just for once... that some of the more fantasy prone types on this forum would listen to Phage. Ignore him at your own peril. I predict that he will be 100% correct and those with more exotic imaginings will be 100% wrong as per usual.

Does anyone see a pattern forming here because this is what happens every time?

IRM
:shk:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Mercury has a fairly eccentric orbit which is completed in 88 days. Would account for the speed of the approach to the transit.

en.wikipedia.org...(planet)

Mercury has the most eccentric orbit of all the planets; its eccentricity is 0.21 with its distance from the Sun ranging from 46 to 70 million kilometers. It takes 88 days to complete an orbit. The diagram on the left illustrates the effects of the eccentricity, showing Mercury’s orbit overlaid with a circular orbit having the same semi-major axis. The higher velocity of the planet when it is near perihelion is clear from the greater distance it covers in each 5-day interval. The size of the spheres, inversely proportional to their distance from the Sun, is used to illustrate the varying heliocentric distance. This varying distance to the Sun, combined with a 3:2 spin-orbit resonance of the planet’s rotation around its axis, result in complex variations of the surface temperature.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manjushri Bodhisattva
reply to post by downtown436

It is not Mercury. Normally you can only see Mercury when it passes in front of the Sun. When it does, it appears to be a tiny dot, smaller than some sun spots. That is not Mercury. The Object is 4x the Size of Earth...

Okay, what do you think it is?
A Comet?
A Gass giant planet, or dwarf star?
Niburu?
A bug on the lense of the Stereo B satellite?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Okay, what do you think it is?
A Comet?
A Gass giant planet, or dwarf star?
Niburu?
A bug on the lense of the Stereo B satellite?

It's a streetlight.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
the time is at hand soon all will be told . Is it ...real or just a long drawn out hope that the reset button gets pushed ..*rolls dice*

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Oh no, it's the rapture!

I better grab my "the end is near" sign and huff it to the closest busy intersection and warn people!

Sarcasm aside, there is abnormal activity occuring.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghriffin
The "object" is clearly a black hole that has strayed too close to our sun. It will approch and then orbit the star slowly sucking off gas and heating up and eventualy killing our sun and the solor system along with it in 2012.

Nah, it's a mutant space goat that's about to eat the Sun

All aboard the B Ark!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
If it were Mercury this would not be new.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SaraThustra

amazing avator, the ladies face.

The latest images are not available right now, the satelite were the pictures are usually just says no data. Why is this?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Sorry here is the link
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Edit:
I couldn't edit my previous post on page 15

"Checkout this object moving behind the sun, Its bright, i would have to say Mercury.
The Video is from 2001.
The Planet appears at 2001/04/22 01:25"

[edit on 4/7/2009 by wycky]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Hi Atsers,
read the thread- I guess it could be alot of things.
if we are talking planetary, I don't see why it couldn't be Mercury. Don' think I agree with assumptions of Venus (but who knows?).
Puts me in mind of a photo I saw last month:

But not saying its that either!
There is a load of space-junk up there; it could be that too?

I suppose what I am getting at is there are a myriad of possibilities.

Does anyone know if there are any other photographs of this anomaly supplement this one?

The other thing is, (I've read most of the thread); has anyone thrown in the plausability that it may be an extraterrestrial anomaly?

If Marty Stubbs has got loads of footage of that type of stuff, why not from other sources (not sure if these photos are NASA or not).

So I ask: Why not an anomaly like we have seen in the NASA footage.
It may explain why we are scratching for answers here!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What has me really worried is the big white circle on the sun...

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join