It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the Sun, seems to be heading toward the Sun

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
could someone direct me to the pictures that are being updated all the time please? Thanks

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

source

there ya go

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

many thanks to you.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The "object" is clearly a black hole that has strayed too close to our sun. It will approch and then orbit the star slowly sucking off gas and heating up and eventualy killing our sun and the solor system along with it in 2012.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
here is the latest image.

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

on this picture there is also 2 other objects, one to the far left just in the shot and one inbetween the far left one and between the sun, what are they? if we saying that the object in question is huge, then that would make these other 2 objects very big aswell wouldnt it?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by GezinhoKiko]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
here is the next picture, in this one we dont see the objects that were in the last one??? Is this normal? am i just picking at random things or is this not normal?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
okay ive looked at all the updates on these pics where the "object"? is circles the object...i dont see anything....

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

If you zoom into that picture, it now appears to have three centres!....it's getting strange......

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Wow, just wow. So I guess that means that it's not mercury OR venus. By definition it is a U.F.O ( the U standing for UNIDENTIFIED, which also means that main stream media will not cover this.).

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It actually looks like it's breaking up.

Maybe it's Blossom's mothership that flew too close to the sun

Probably just distortion but if you look at the sequence for the past 2 hours,it really does look like it is breaking up.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

this is the picture, for some reason it didnt appear in my post

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It would appear that the STEREO 'BEHIND' satellite which we have been tracking this on, is no longer producing new images of any kind, as of a couple hours ago:

However the STEREO 'AHEAD' Satellite is still producing new images right on schedule...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I am still confused as to why there is no conclusion to this? Somebody must know how to contact a small time Astronomer or small organization. What are the actual reasons for believing it possibly isn't Mercury??

I would like to think it's something else, but don't all the signs point to it being Mercury?

Also, the video which appears to show the sun shooting a solar flare at the incoming object, isn't there a way to tell whether the flare passed in front of the object or behind? Surely that would make a difference to knowing the size and position of the object?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

I noticed this as well and am wondering whats up.

It seems like a real coincidence that it would stop showing just as it is getting interesting.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Looks like it came back to life all of a sudden....here's the most recent shot:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Nice work but it's rather meaningless. As posted earlier:

The STEREO coronagraphs are designed to look at the faint solar corona. Planets, on the other hand, are very bright and tend to saturate in the detectors. Because of this, they generally end up looking much larger than they really are, and are often surrounded by lens flare effects. This is particularly true for COR2, which is much more sensitive than COR1

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The apparent size of objects has little to do with actual size, but brightness.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It's Niburu / Planet X. Lulz~
Just kidding. God & The Devil are playing tennis.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well, Mercury is about to pass behind the coronograph disk. But don't worry, it won't hit the Sun. It will show up on the left side of the disk come Sunday.

This is a prediction with something to back it up. Orbital mechanics.
OK, maybe Monday.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I believe you, but it sure looked like 2 or 3 objects, but like you say, the brightness distorted our view.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's starting to look like you are absolutely correct Phage, and have been all along on this one. This website seems to share those same facts:

astroplanet.info...

Mercury is visible the first few days of July in the morning hours. By July 4th, Mercury disappears into the glare of the sunrise and reappears on the evening side of the Sun around July 24th. After July 24th Mercury continues to move in better position for viewing until August 24th when Mercury reaches its Greatest Eastern Elongation.

However, I would still not count out that this particular transit of Mercury may be different than those in the past...and would keep an eye on the Magnetometer, as well as other instrument readings for the next few days.

In the last couple of hours there have been some decent sized fluctuations in the solar X-ray output, and the "BEHIND" Sat may be having issues:

Still nothing to worry about yet, they don't issue warnings regarding X-ray output until it reaches substantially higher levels:

SWPC X-ray alerts are issued at the M5 (5x10E-5 Watts/m2) and X1 (1x10E-4 Watts/m2) levels, based upon 1-minute data. Large X-ray bursts cause short wave fades for HF propagation paths through the sunlit hemisphere. Some large flares are accompanied by strong solar radio bursts that may interfere with satellite downlinks

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join