It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Community service is a national duty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

bribery... It is true that a lot of those who register with United We Serve will qualify to be paid "at a minimum" for some of the services they sign up for but here is an example of what this is:

Labor force that would normally earn $15-$21 hr if hired by the employer will now earn minimum wage as the employer profits from the lower pay spreading the wealth.

Minimum wage earners that don't have the education to earn more and wouldn't qualify for a job in most industries will now make $11-$19 for there quick willingness and cooperation with working within the new system.

They are counting on all of those who are now and soon will be unemployed to register with the knowledge that some of the organizations listed and partnered with "United We Serve" are willing to pay but you will not be an employee of the organization. It keeps you needing the Admin to support your bills and family needs as you become desprate!

These are all facts discussed on everyday MSM outlets across the board. That is why it is so real to me, it's because they are not hiding their agenda.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I suppose you are also one of those parents that doesn't want schools/government teaching your children about birth control, evolution and other such "sensitive issues" that the right-wingers get up in arms about. If you fall in that category, then fine..send your kids to a private learning institution where they will be taught that kind of narrow mindedness. That is all we need...another generation of religions fanatics.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

So now we should make atheism mandatory, too?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The founding fathers who were part of the "Bill of Rights camp" believed that the only purpose of government is to secure the liberties of it's citizens.

This bill flies in the face of what Jefferson and his faction believed.

Non Serviam!

Vas

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

Thanks, I needed a good laugh...I did not even imply that. In a nutshell, I said if you don't like the heat, then get out of the kitchen. It's still a choice. Ahhh, I gotta love my fellow ATSers....Always putting words in someone's mouth.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

I was referring to the swine flu vaccine which looks like it will be mandatory (as soon as they finish adding the mercury to them).

That is just a totally outlandish thing to say. You have been reading into too many conspiracy theories here on ATS. Nothing in this country will ever be mandatory...that is except for taxes...but that's another story...one which we HOPEFULLY would be on the same side of.

Just wanted to add....if the swine flu vaccine were to be mandatory, then HOW do you think they could even begin to enforce that? They can't! And Wont!

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Aggie Man]

If you don't think the swine flu vaccine will be mandatory think again. Obama said he isn't for selective vaccination and the United States already has the legal right to vaccine everyone at gunpoint. Just recently Canada announced that it is going to vaccinate everyone. Mandatory vaccines are coming. (I also recommend reading about a company called Baxter, the ones producing the experimental swine flu vaccine to be tested on children, and their "accidental" shipment of seasonal flu vaccines laced with live H5N1 to 18 countries.)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

So does every law, etc. that has been put on the books since the creation of the Bill of Rights.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Thanks, I needed a good laugh...I did not even imply that.

That is all we need...another generation of religions fanatics.

Need I say more?
Second line.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Totakeke]

link   
Edited, double post.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Totakeke]

link   
I would like my children to learn:

Math
English
History (true history)
Basic Science
Basic Social Studies (backed by facts)
Bring back PE and Athletics funded by our already paid taxes
An Elective: Woodshop, Auto repairs, Cooking and so on.

That is what School "Public" schools should be teaching and the rest will come with higher education and choices we make on our own direction of interest.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Obama said he isn't for selective vaccination and the United States already has the legal right to vaccine everyone at gunpoint.

REALLY? Gunpoint huh? Got any proof that he said that? I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

He never said at gunpoint (which would make sense because that's not what I said) but the government definitely has the power. They've had it ever since the WHO declared a level 6 pandemic.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb
I would like my children to learn:

Math
English
History (true history)
Basic Science
Basic Social Studies (backed by facts)
Bring back PE and Athletics funded by our already paid taxes
An Elective: Woodshop, Auto repairs, Cooking and so on.

That is what School "Public" schools should be teaching and the rest will come with higher education and choices we make on our own direction of interest.

Yeah, and while we are at it, let's just go back to living in the old west. Lawless, uneducated and unsanitary. My tax dollars go to public schools too. And I would want my children to get more than woodshop and basic algebra out of that education. And a good lesson in civic responsibility should be a part of that education. It was when I was in school...as I recall it, the class was called CIVICS

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm a full time screen printer, a housewife, and a mother....
sorry charlie, that's all I can handle...

leave me alone, leave my money alone. don't have that much free time, don't have that much leftover money....
and...well, still don't have affordable healthcare...

so, well, sorry, but stuff it obama!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I have no probably with civic being taught as well like when I was in school too. lol but serving their community should be left to their parents and community organizations. Not Schools. I loved it when I sold peanut brittle for my football uniform or baught books thru book drives to support school funded events but again your missing the point of what school is for and the real job of being parents that has been replaced by the belief that they don't have time anymore and then blame or sue the schools for parenting their children. Hmm

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

I have no probably with civic being taught as well like when I was in school too. lol but serving their community should be left to their parents and community organizations. Not Schools. I loved it when I sold peanut brittle for my football uniform or baught books thru book drives to support school funded events but again your missing the point of what school is for and the real job of being parents that has been replaced by the belief that they don't have time anymore and then blame or sue the schools for parenting their children. Hmm

Well unfortunately, for every loving, caring and free time having parent like you; there are 100 other parents that don't fit that mold. The government steps up efforts that parents fall short in...not to control people, but to prevent a nation of ignorant, trouble making, unsupervised youth. Kids should be off the streets...and if parents can't do it...then better that it be the schools than the juvenile detention centers.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am in total agreement with the president on this count. So far as I can tell, no one has been mandated to volunteer for community service by the federal government.

I was disappointed years ago when the courts started sentencing people to "community service" because that stigmatized what had been a noble cause for the entire history of our nation and perhaps human history, as well.

It is time that the word duty became a word that we all appreciate and understand.

I hate it when someone thanks me for my service to my country, not because they are grateful, or perhaps want to appear grateful, but because they always seem to have forgotten or have failed to understand that I answered the call of duty.

That is why when this happens, I always reply, "The privilege was mine. It was my duty to serve."

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

And you my friend are an example of a honorable person. I will thank you any ways for answer the call to duty and volentering your time as I did for 12 years in the US Army but as proud as I was to serve my country and as happy as I am to answer the call of duty that I do every weekend with my family with an organization that I proudly support I also fought for the rights of those who are lazy good for nothings who don't wish to help out their fellow man and simply wish they would see the light of day to do so. Great point of view

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well, of course Obama wants volunteers to help out the country this summer.

You don't have to pay 'em!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I swear to god that this guy sounds more like a Nazi every day.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join