It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Venus?! Im not surprised thy hid this from us too!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Scary thought huh?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What I want to know is why NASA is using statements like THIS

June 5, 2007: Picture this: A spaceship swoops in from the void, plunging toward a cloudy planet about the size of Earth. A laser beam lances out from the ship; it probes the planet's clouds, striving to reach the hidden surface below. Meanwhile, back on the craft's home world, scientists perch on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens.

Sounds like science fiction? This is real, and it's happening today.

science.nasa.gov...

Flyby shooting of Venus with a laser... Just what message are they sending to kids these days?

Way to go NASA Intergalactic Gangsters

Well, it does depend on what type of lasers they are using, as we all know there are many different lasers used for all kinds of different applications. To use a weapons grade laser would be irresponsible on their part, and I doubt that is what they are talking about, but then who knows . . . .

Of course on the other hand if I was a young kid I would definitely think they were talking about weapons grade lasers.

[edit on 6/25/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Could there be UV Absorbing Organisms in the Clouds of Venus?

Somebody seems to think so:

The bands are the mystery. Some unknown substance within them strongly absorbs UV light, accounting for almost half of the solar energy trapped by Venus. Whatever is in there, it plays a big role in maintaining Venus' hellish climate; the average temperature on the surface is about 460° Celsius. Astronomers have been studying the bands since Mariner 10 spotted them in the 1970s, but decades later no one knows the identity of the "UV absorbers." Candidates range from gaseous chlorine and sulfur compounds to alien life using UV radiation as a source of energy...

Source: spaceweather.com...

(I think Zorgon or John Lear had originally posted this in another Venus thread)

Edit : Turns out mine is a different article, but it is also from Spaceweather. So I thought I had seen it before...

...In any case, check out what Zorgon found about NASA's view on Venusian life:

*Originally Posted in the John Lear Moon Pictures Thread - Link Below:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Venus seems bland. It's a featureless, cloud-covered orb about as interesting as a billiard ball. But if that same telescope is fitted with an ultraviolet filter, a mystery reveals itself. Venus' clouds are cross-crossed with fast-moving dark bands...

The bands are the mystery. Some unknown substance within them strongly absorbs UV light, accounting for almost half of the solar energy trapped by Venus. Whatever is in there, it plays a big role in maintaining Venus' hellish climate; the average temperature on the surface is about 460° Celsius. Astronomers have been studying the bands since Mariner 10 spotted them in the 1970s, but decades later no one knows the identity of the "UV absorbers." Candidates range from gaseous chlorine and sulfur compounds to alien life using UV radiation as a source of energy.

SOURCE

"There is some reason to believe Venus may have been the best haven for life in the early solar system," he said. With 900 degree Fahrenheit surface temperatures and an atmosphere permeated by carbon dioxide, chlorine and sulfuric acid clouds today, Venus seems inhospitable to "our kind of life," he said. "But we really don't know much about life -- its requirements, it's differences and how to recognize it."

It is even possible that life on Earth may have evolved from life forms provided by Venus, Grinspoon said: "Pieces of planets were blasting off of each other all the time early in the evolution of the solar system, and microbes from Venus could easily have wound up on Earth."

While the standard scientific view is that life requires water and carbon-based molecules, it cannot really be said if that is the only chemical system that can make life, said Grinspoon, who has been studying the surface, atmosphere and clouds of Venus for 10 years through NASA-sponsored programs.

SOURCE

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
When I first read this thread I didnt know who lear was but after doing a bit of googleing and reading some of his claims, I have come to belive he is 100% full of BS ( but I apriciate you putting up this thread the more I read the more I learn and I need to know the BS from the truth)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucifersjesterI apriciate you putting up this thread the more I read the more I learn and I need to know the BS from the truth)

I strongly suspect you couldn't differentiate between the truth and the BS even if you tripped and fell face first into it

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

When is the next ship leaving for the women planet?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join