It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Venus?! Im not surprised thy hid this from us too!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I can't believe Ive never come accros this before! This is an interview between John Lear &Stephen Basset regarding reasons why the government will not let disclosure happen. I was shocked to find this as the interview happened in 2003. I apologise if this has been posted before.

For full interview- www.thewatcherfiles.com...

" 'Bassett] The dilemma and corruption of NASA is being dissected on several hundred websites. Again, only disclosure will open the door to reforming this agency.'

'[Lear] Our first efforts were to keep the public from learning about Venus. A very similar planet to Earth and it's population is very similar to us and just as technologically advanced. We have learned a lot from them. Starting with the Russian Venera 1 and US Mariner 2, we made Venus look like a lead melting, volcanic surface, spewing sulfuric acid into a pressurized atmosphere 90 times that of Earth. And as often the case we overdid it, and we wondered why nobody asked how a parachute survived a descent into 800-degree air.'

'[Lear] In 1954, President Eisenhower met with a representative of another alien species at Muroc Test Center, which is now called Edwards Air Force Base. This alien suggested that they could help us get rid of the Grays but Eisenhower turned down their offer because they offered no technology. '

'[Bassett] Perhaps a well informed public might persuade another president to take that deal' "

If anyone has more info on this please post it..

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

(the children are used as food, the adults are used as food as well but the majority of adults are used for alien-human breeding via genetic engineering through abductions.)

Right. This super advanced alien species can fly around in their faster than light UFOs and abduct people at will

But they can't invent a protein bar. So they have to fish for humans to eat.

Riiiight.

Anyone ever mention that Lear is full of #$@%?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Everyone knows about this, it's not news to anyone. The funny thing is that the inhabitants of Venus are all women

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

More from the interview...

"[Lear] So go ahead and roll the tape for Mr. Bell. What you see here is what human mutilations look like. That one was a male about 27 years old. That one is film of dead aliens being pulled from the wreckage of a craft that crashed in Olancha, California in the '50s. That craft you see over there was over 250ft. in diameter and had to be buried on the spot. That site is in Utah near Dugway Proving Grounds. The object you're looking at now is the as the Kecksburg Acorn which was brought to Wright Patt in the middle '60s. There's Frank Drake trying to force information out of a being tied down to a stretcher. He was supposedly from Tao Ceti. "

[Lear] These pictures you're looking at now are structures on the Moon. That's the tower in Sinus Medii and it's over seven miles tall. And that thing over there is what we call the Colossus of Oguram(sp) in Mare Crisium. We don't know what it does but the machine itself is bigger than Brooklyn, New York. Now those are videos of the domes covering the craters. As you can see, some are in a very advanced state of decay.

[Bassett] This is old news. These issues have been in play for three decades. In general, artifacts on the Moon or Mars representing long past entities are the safest and least disruptive kind of information the public can learn.

[Lear] These are 5 second slides of the 18 different alien species we are looking at. That one there is the most gruesome looking. The guards at one facility are carefully indoctrinated over several months being shown pictures similar to but not exactly like the alien. Only when he'd been acclimatized, so to speak, of the horrible looking beings are they allowed to stand in security positions. Before these acclimatizations were done, we had two guards die of a heart attack as the aliens came down the hallway unexpectedly.

[Bassett] That's what happens when you don't tell people what is going on. The cover-up is scarier than the truth. Since the aliens can pretty much come and go as they please, it might be nice if the people knew they were here, just to keep those heart attacks to a minimum should they decide to drop in unannounced on the Larry King Show"

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

lol!!! ok just ignore it then...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
LOL! Lear believes that the aliens have placed enormous mirrors everywhere in space to hide the real solar system & universe from us. Not only would that be a major effort but I couldn't think of a more low tech solution! Can you? The only ones using smoke and mirrors is Lear and his rag-tag band of loonies. Gotta love the mans overactive imagination!

Recently Lear left Amkon for the safe shores of Open Minds because he didn't have the intestinal fortitude to stand tough with his 'evidence' against a few critical thinkers.

The man backs his erroneous statements with ambiguity. I used to like the guy, if anything for his amazing story telling but he's lost a great portion of my respect these days. Nuff said about Lear!

IRM

[edit on 23/6/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
LOL! Lear believes that the aliens have placed enormous mirrors everywhere in space to hide the real solar system & universe from us. Not only would that be a major effort but I couldn't think of a more low tech solution! Can you? The only ones using smoke and mirrors is Lear and his rag-tag band of loonies. Gotta love the mans overactive imagination!

Recently Lear left Amkon for the safe shores of Open Minds because he didn't have the intestinal fortitude to stand tough with his 'evidence' against a few critical thinkers.

The man backs his erroneous statements with ambiguity. I used to like the guy, if anything for his amazing story telling but he's lost a great portion of my respect these days. Nuff said about Lear!

IRM

[edit on 23/6/09 by InfaRedMan]

Well..."mirrors" may be a misnomer. How about using nanotech? Our atmosphere would be a nice place to put some nano's that, in effect, obfuscate our view of the heavens.

Would you call me a Looney, IRMan? Just curious.

What you have to remember is that Lear is, like everyone else, just trying to make sense of all the information he recieves. Having immersed myself into the whole Ingo Swann affair, i can certainly understand where he is coming from.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Well..."mirrors" may be a misnomer. How about using nanotech? Our atmosphere would be a nice place to put some nano's that, in effect, obfuscate our view of the heavens.

To what end?

Would you call me a Looney, IRMan? Just curious.

I have enjoyed many of your posts in the past yet I can't say i know enough about you to call you names... :s Anyhow, what I think is moot.

People believe what they wish to believe... that's fine. However, one crosses the line when they try to pass it off as undeniable truth. My dealings with Lear suggest as much.

Lets face it, Lear's BS meter is set incredibly low... provided he's even being sincere to begin with. He has been known to 'embellish' in the past.

IRM

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I enjoy watching and listening to john lear babble but I admit I don't buy most of what he says. I'm not trying to put you down or anything though, just my opionon. This is still pretty intersting either way.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
art bell..... nut job extraordinaire himself.. tied with the second largest nut jobby. I have no doubts as to lear's lineage, and family name being one fo teh most prominant in the aeronotic engineering industry... but.. damn. He has really lost his bloody marbles. art bell... HA! according to that guy land fills are in the bible, as well as air planes, and computers, and its all tied to jeebus... Gods that guy is such a loser.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I just wish people would start criticising their own experiences before jumping to conclusions. Im an avid seeker of these ufo's and what not. I saw a HUGE one in Wyoming this year. to the west of the town of cheyenne. this Gargantuan floating discuss oblong.. thing. Nearly got myself in a car wreck over it... as did we all. THen some bloke jumps out with binoculars, and after a moment of focusing it went from "Oh my god" to.. "OMFG!!! Look at this!" so I looked as well. it turned out to be a bloody hot air baloon. one of the largest as it was several miles away and still took up that much space. you could see the tie cables and everything. Seriously.. consider all possibilities before you just post this crap. I realise it may sound exciting but UFOlogy is NOT a religious doctrine.. nor is it part of anyone elses faith. its part of our history, but not our faith. Yes.. we looked at these things as gods the way native americans saw the spanish as gods when they first arrived on shore. Now we all know better. Consider how outlandish the content of your read is before you refer others to it.. because most of us will laugh at you.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ok, I had no Idea of who John Lear is, guess we all learn our lessons, at least I learned something today.. I will have to go and inform myself thourougly on this 'character..

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
we'lll turn you into a hunter and student yet my dear. lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Venus mean temperature : 464°C

These girls must be very hot =)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't put too much stock in Lear, but if there is anything living on Venus it is likely only microbial life. As I said on a thread about life on Mars, we have extremophiles on Earth so it wouldn't surprise me if there were some on other planets.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If anyone but John Lear came out with this rubbish they would end up in a padded cell in some institution, but because of his history and his good family name he seems to get away with it!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
Im an avid seeker of these ufo's and what not.

Your an 'avid seeker' of UFO's but got fooled by a hot air balloon?

And your calling other people names?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
If anyone but John Lear came out with this rubbish they would end up in a padded cell in some institution, but because of his history and his good family name he seems to get away with it!

Most likely because some of what he claims can... and has... been verified right here at ATS...

But then some people turn a blind eye and believe what they want to see

Originally posted by InfaRedMan his rag-tag band of loonies.

Well I suppose that would include me...

Pity... seems I just lost some respect for you

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have been toe to toe with Lear on many things. Been warned and post banned before in the past for stepping over the T&C to say things that I should not have.

But I will say this, there are several things Lear and his mob have put forth that has a bit of merit to it. Take that as you will. I for one, think that they throw enough crap at the wall and something is bound to stick. But on the other hand, the things that I think stick have never been picked up on and ran with yet, so I wonder..........

And I will further say, there is no better entertainer in Ufology then John Lear. Just listen to his ATS Mix interviews. Classic comedy there. The one with giving Batman the clap had me in tears.

Oh my, I just realized I might have said some stuff that could be considered as in favor of Lear......so to keep my sharp friends from dropping me like a hot potato let me say that Lear is one of the many that do nothing more than ensure that this subject remains the laughing stock that it is. there, happy?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Everyone knows about this, it's not news to anyone. The funny thing is that the inhabitants of Venus are all women

Yeah why dont you joke about it, seriously you people know nothing.. Stay in your box, you shouldnt be even on ats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join