It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Be American? You Should Be Ashamed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

World's 50 Poorest Countries
UN list of least developed countries1
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, East Timor, Togo, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.
www.infoplease.com...

To illustrate the income inequality between rich and poor countries, consider these facts: the world's richest individuals have a combined income greater than that of the poorest 416 million; 982 million people out of the developing world's 4.8 billion people live on $1 per day, and another 2.5 billion (40% of the world's population) live on less than $2 per day. In addition, the poorest 40% of the world population accounted for 5% of global income in 2005, the richest 20% accounted for 75% of world income, and the richest 10% for 54%.

This is always a most sorry excuse for poverty, you know as well as anyone that the poorest countries have some of the richest elites and that just a fraction of their combined balances could place irrigation where there is drought, farms where there is desolation and schools, hope and freedom where there is only oppression and despair.

Compared to many countries even the most poverty stricken people in America are blessed beyond measure.

About 60% of the poorest countries experienced civil conflict of varying intensity and duration in the period 1990–2001 that, in most cases, erupted after a period of economic stagnation and regression. In Rwanda, for example, average private consumption per capita fell by more than 12% between 1980 and 1993, the year before the genocide occurred.

And the hierarchy always stand back and simply watch as the escalation occurs rather than stepping in and creating solutions for their people, their countries.

America on the other hand does have its disappointments, but we dont allow genocide and starvation to happen the likes of which we have all seen in less fortunate countries.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well "Antar" you have laid out your case for your arguement very clear, you put a lot of time and backed it up with a lot of sources. You have shown me that America is something deserving of pride. Hmm!

Would you not agree ? that America has a lot of mistakes to correct and that we have not been heading in the right direction for sometime now? It could be a much more better place and in that accomplishment we can not feel so ashamed by all the bad it does in the here and now and will allow us to feel proud once again?

Thank you so much for all your time, thoughts and effert put into making us think.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by crawgator406
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

tis was the best piece of writing i have seen since i have been hear at ATS.
as far as the OP this a great thread it is time that everyone talks about how they feel about this country of ours. by getting past the stress we can put our thoughts together to find a solution to the problems that pleg us here. awsome post.

Thank you friend it humbles me to be so regarded.

I have always been very passionate about history and politics. I have always believed the key to the future is understanding the past.

I have always felt if we can just piece together what has happened in the past as accurately as we can we can better understand just where we are now and how it is we got there and plan for the future far more wisely as a result.

Our challenges have truly never been greater, but I remain optimistic that that the fierce tenacity of the American citizen and their resiliant ability to perservere and overcome great adversity when challenged by the monumental will still rule the day when all is said and done.

I like to think of America in terms of a great lumbering battleship upon the high seas, it is slow and heavy and a bit hard to handle and get to respond to the controls at the wheel when you are trying to make that turn, but oh once that excrutiatingly slow turn is made and a course is set, and the guns are rolled out and the steam engines fired to their zenith that behemoth of a beast sales with a purpose and a potential that can make her enemies tremble and quake.

The ship is a bit rudderless at the moment, but somewhere in this great land of ours is that charismatic figure who will step to the helm and shout above the fray "Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead"!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Sometimes only when the chips are down, and our backs are against the wall, .... do americans show their true virtues.

Americans have not been tested in a long time, and have become complacent.

Nowadays the only way to piss off an average american is to cut off their cable. riots would ensue, i assure you. but the tide is turning my friends, and the waves are breaking harder.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

i agree with you on your last post, i feel that there is still a spark left in this patriotic republic we have, not a democracy not too upset anyone but that is what we live in a republic. it is all our jobs to make sure what is done is done right by our own standards. just Thomas Jefferson said " it is a republic and it is yours as long as you can keep it". it is all our responcibilities to keep the nuckle heads in d.c. in line. i feel it is about time for some spring cleaning before summer begins, and let them know where we stand as a nation.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
What a crock....

Because there are herd mentality based humans among us (like everywhere else) we should be ashamed?

Puhlease!

I'm proud to be an American, a Human, a.. whatever you want to call me.

Because I'm happy just to BE what ever it is I BE...

Come on folks.. you can't divorce stupidity from humanity

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It took me about one second to google the top 10 poorest countries in the world and another 2 minutes to post, hardly a great and glorious effort on my part.

I just cant stand that the people get lumped together with the PTB who have always been exercising their greed and manipulation against any individual who is not part of the elites, and that is not a geographical phenomena nor a new one.

What needs to happen is much more empathy and tolerance in general and I believe in that possibility.

Yet threads like these are springing up far too often in my opinion and never seem to serve anything other than playing into a subtle form of manipulation of their own.

I believe in people, and it is the people who will one day awaken to a higher and much more noble existence, yet they have a ways to go as prejudice runs deep and that is always a geographical phenomena.

This is 'our' shared planet. It is high time people begin to see everyone as humans, earthlings.

We have the chance in the next 90 years to rise to towering heights together, to move into a type one society, but only if we can begin to break down the barriers which hold us all impoverished and based in fear, anger and greed.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well "Hunka" welcome back to another one of my threads... Your opinion is volid and I appreicate your pont of view. If only I had a beer for ya we'd be chatting all night long lol... Awesome

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Thanks mate... likewise

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
What needs to happen is much more empathy and tolerance in general and I believe in that possibility.

I believe your are correct, not everybody is at your level of conscientiousness yet but I also believe that all is possible give us more time I guess...

Yet threads like these are springing up far too often in my opinion and never seem to serve anything other than playing into a subtle form of manipulation of their own.

Well, my purpose of posting threads like this is to open disucsion and open debate to hopefully gain awaking and a path to a higher conscientiousness through awareness.

I believe in people, and it is the people who will one day awaken to a higher and much more noble existence, yet they have a ways to go as prejudice runs deep and that is always a geographical phenomena.

I think this was an awesome post, nothing to add except you are so right...

This is 'our' shared planet. It is high time people begin to see everyone as humans, earthlings.

We all need to get to ths mindset and it does appear that we are getting there faster then it seems. this thread discustions might help show you this.

We have the chance in the next 90 years to rise to towering heights together, to move into a type one society, but only if we can begin to break down the barriers which hold us all impoverished and based in fear, anger and greed.

I couldn't say it better then that!

Thank you so much for taking part in my thread and I honestly appreciate your postings.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
All countries have had their weak moments.

All nations and all people have been led astray.

What happens today does not mean tomorrow will not be a different day.

I will always be proud to be an American

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
i]Originally posted by Rams59lb

Would you not agree ? that America has a lot of mistakes to correct and that we have not been heading in the right direction for sometime now? It could be a much more better place and in that accomplishment we can not feel so ashamed by all the bad it does in the here and now and will allow us to feel proud once again?

You have already stated that America is not as old as most other countries, so give her a break and watch as she makes her mistakes and takes those first steps towards becoming a seasoned country and dont knock her for learning as she grows.

This country stands for freedom and equality and those are not easy tasks to maintain and keep some semblance of order. Our financial woes in the long run are always the least of our problems, it is a melting pot of many cultures and that is the number one point of growth that I have seen made. There is far less prejudice now than 100 years ago.

Money is always destined to fail because that is against the law of abundance which God has graced each individual with when choosing this planet for their birth.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

No doubt, we are all proud to be American's at least 99.5% whom posted but the question and the thread is are you proud of America and should we be ashamed of the part it's played in the world. Honesty? It takes a moment to reflect and not easy to admit... Awesome post ty for sharing

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
America is a sinking ship, the people should take a vacation overseas. Permanently. I hear no good news from America. Bailouts, Obama wanting to take away guns and knives, massive unemployment rates, millions wasted on war, unpayable debt, torturing, Obama's speech telling American citizens not to question the official explanation on 9/11, broken education system, the list goes on. I agree on the article, Americans should be ashamed they let their country become what it is.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You have already stated that America is not as old as most other countries, so give her a break and watch as she makes her mistakes and takes those first steps towards becoming a seasoned country and dont knock her for learning as she grows.

I think you have confused my quote with another post. With that said I agree with your points of view. I am not one who lives in fear, it is scary to see/hear a lot of the sin's our country leadership has made and am watching a lot of our liberties being messed with let me put it that way but by all means I watch with loving eyes and continue to prey that all of us awake to a higher conscientiousness. Have you ever heard of David Wilcock?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

Point taken "Tim"
Take a deep breath, you sound like you are awake to the distruction that is taking place but now follow the David Icke's and Alex Jone's to the light of action. We have not allowed the US to take this direction, some are blinded by left-right, some are believers in the system but a lot of people are waking up to a end game and all will be well.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

It's hardly fair to blame Americans for the corruption of a capitalist government. Our country was destined to fail from the very beginning, just like all other countries. If there's anything true Americans have to be ashamed of, it's that there aren't millions of people standing on DC demanding the government be re-built from the ground up.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

If America sunk entirely, the government failed as a whole, the nation went bankrupt

The next day, after declaration of that Bankruptcy...

We would still

Have a giant spacious nation

35% of the worlds food supply

More shale oil than there is oil in saudi arabia and Iran combined...

strategic reserves of crude to last 20 years

Two Oceans to fish from

Dozens of major cities

Enough Nuclear power to keep us warm

Millions of College graduates and Hundreds of universities

The largest Rail system in the world

2 borders which actually don't need defending

America falling apart, is still head and shoulders for a country this size above most of the world in terms of opportunity to fix it and the capacity to survive, eat, clothe shelter and power ourselves

There really in the end isn't much more you need than that to survive and prosper another day

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb
Over $5 trillion dollars in junk securities were marketed and sold. They had a real value of about $2 trillion dollars; the other $3 trillion, roughly, was pure fiction.

Meh... its only money... why get all riled up?

Did not Jesus say when asked if paying taxes was okay "Whose image is on the coin?" When they answered Caesar's... he said "the render unto Caesar that which is Caesars

Look on the money in your pocket
who's face is on it?

Okay okay I know... but...

No one made a fuss about this...

9/10/2001: Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon
www.youtube.com...

We all know what happened the next day... Bush asked for billiond more to bomb Iraq to the stone age...

No one made a fuss about this...

McKinney Grills Rumsfeld
House hearing on missing money, DynCorp's slave trade, and the 9/11 wargames Fiscal Year 2006 budget
www.youtube.com...

How about this?

Federal Reserve Cannot Account For $9 Trillion 2009
whatreallyhappened.com...

A few more

Fiscal 1999, the Department of Defense was “missing” $2.3 trillion dollars
kandylini.wordpress.com...

The DoD reported $1.1 trillion missing in FY 2000 alone!
whereisthemoney.org...

May 18, 2003 ... $1 trillion missing -- Bush plan targets Pentagon accounting
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2003/05/18/MN251738.DTL

Seems like an annual thing a few trillion just go into a black hole.

Then add stuff like the 700 million bailout that helped give executives a raise and a bonus

Two Japanese caught smuggling US bonds worth $134.5 billion
June 12th, 2009
www.japanprobe.com...

Ticked off yet?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great post "Zorgon" lol... I've been pissed but I've gotten past pissed and am now getting the word out to those not like you who don't know what is going on. There needs to be an awaking and we shall prevale. I love your avitar lol...
Awesome postings. ty

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join