It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Be American? You Should Be Ashamed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Salt for the wound?

YouTube - Mexican flag raised over post office in Maywood, CA.
www.youtube.com...

Vet cuts down Illegal Mexican flag flying above U.S. Flag
www.youtube.com...

San Diego Illegal Immigration Protest; 10-20-07
www.youtube.com...

immigration protest 1 Illegals fighting to stay

immigration protest 2 Illegals fighting to stay

Why are they flying the Mexican flag?

Tucson, Arizona

Concerning the student protests in Tucson, Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Horne said Friday that flying the Mexican flag "tactically was a big mistake."

www.azstarnet.com...

Really? No kidding?

Las Vegas, Nevada

Students Protest: Youths Denounce Border Proposals

Apr. 1--Thousands of Latino schoolchildren in California and across the Southwest staged another day of walkouts and protests Friday, denouncing a proposed federal law to crack down on undocumented workers and objecting to comments labeling illegal immigrants a burden to U.S. society.

On the birthday of the late farm labor leader Cesar Chavez, students in districts from Sacramento to San Diego left classes and staged emotional demonstrations in parks and streets carrying pictures of Chavez, Mexican flags and signs declaring, "We are not criminals."

www.redorbit.com...

Are you ticked off yet?

DISCLAIMER This is not against immigrants just ILLEGALS. I came from Germany to Canada then to the USA... took me 5 years to go through the process and I had a job lined up... so don't go there

[edit on 16-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nope no salt... All is well. I really enjoy your taking the time to post info that is quality and well thought of. This is how info gets out, discusion wakes the mind and your sword is opening that door. TY for partaking.
Awesome post.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Please don't presume to tell me I should be ashamed. I am proud to be an American...what are you?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

i like everything you said till the democracy part because we are a republic

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

i love your response it is so true

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Whilst you all have been standing there singing the 'Star Spangled Banner' and holding your hand on your hearts whilst repeating after they told you to say 'God Bless America' , they've dipped their greedy claws into your back pockets and rifled through your wallets while you were wiping away your tears of joy that you were born an American.

I'm not a Christian but one line comes to mind and is VERY applicable in todays world :

'Pride commeth before the fall'

The American people , once so full of pride looking up at their flag are now on their knees , like an old man stumbling on a crooked sidewalk slab, he stumbles forward trying to maintain his footing
but slowly sinks down on one knee, his hands outstretched to try and catch himself.
He stumbles forward, landing hard on his other knee. He sees the pavement a very solid stop a full second before he faceplants into the concrete.

People around either stand and stare, or laugh at his misfortune. no one rushes to his aid, but waits to see if he rises by his own strength or see if he expires either way they are in an ideal opportunity to pick his wallet and his meagre currency.

The people of America are the old man. Weak , infirm and unsure of their footing or direction, unable to see the road ahead.

The Government is the crooked paving slab, no one has fixed or compained about and left to be a hinderance to those who walk by.

The rest of the world are the bystanders, we look and wait and wonder if old man America will rise or expire, there are those in the crowd that secretly hope he expires so the wallet can be lifted are like TPTB , waiting to lift their illgotten gains, after all old man America won't be needing them anymore .
Some in the crowd rush to aid old man America, they are the patriots you seem so proud of, they think nothing of themselves but still rush in to aid the fallen, they seek to help not hinder only there is not enough of them to help him to his feet.

I say not God bless America but God help America.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You have to wonder whether the NWO is as surprised as anyone that the people of the USA don't more actively react. Perhaps it's even part of a test to see how effective the sedating measures are working against us? Hopefully, people will relearn how to vote in the future and the "news media" will learn their on the wrong side.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Excellent Post!

I hope people follow your example!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is exactly what happens when you have a commander-in-chief with little (or arguably no) experience that, in less than 6 months, decides to overhaul the ENTIRE foundation of the US.

I'll say this again:

I don't care if you are pro- or con- Obama. Had his administration stuck their toes in the water instead of jumping in (and drowning) head-first into a pool so deep that you can't even see the bottom we would not be in as deep as we are.

That was the problem with Obama's plan all along. There was no, and is no, back-up if it fails.

Here are some things that could have been avoided had the administration simply SLOWED DOWN:

Biden: 'Everyone Guessed Wrong' on Unemployment
Link: content.usatoday.com...

Obama's Economic House of Cards is Collapsing
Link: content.usatoday.com...

STIMULUS WATCH: $25 check may cost you food stamps
Link: www.philly.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

This entire thing was set-up to prevent us from being able to react.

1. As it stands right now, the majority of people are on the brink of losing everything. One paycheck away from losing everything.
2. If you are employed, you aren't going to miss work to protest for fear of losing your job. You go to work everyday hoping today's not the day they send you home early.
3. If you are not employed, you are busy trying to keep your benefits and scrambling to figure out how this "new system" works. Keep in mind that the majority of people collecting assistance right now never have in the past.
4. If you are a Republican, you keep your mouth shut since you've already been discredited by your party.
5. If you are a Democrat, you keep your mouth shut because if you don't you may be interpretted as saying: oops we were wrong....
6. If you are a small business owner, you are working 3x as hard as you were with less help just to keep your doors open.
7. If you are a survivalist, you are busy preparing because you can "see it coming."
8. If you are (or want to be) a gun-owner, you are trying to get your ducks in a row and be able to stock-up before you are seen possibly talking to someone that might be on some extremist list and you are banned (or greatly delayed) from gun-ownership too.
9.. If you have a family member in the military you keep your mouth shut because your loved one's life depends on Obama knowing what he's doing and to question it may "jinx" it.

So I ask you: Who's left to rally and react?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I believe in people, and it is the people who will one day awaken to a higher and much more noble existence

Well........I do not believe in people, per say, and this is based upon my expereinces over the years. Most people are involved in their own little worlds and have no time for much else. Thus the reason for the state of our country.

I believe in the Constitution & Bill of Rights. I believe in the Republic of America and what our country was founded upon - I do not believe in people! I believe in revolution and believe it is the only way to get our country back to the basics.

I am proud to be an American - in the idea of what America is suppose to be.....A Constitutional Republic where the people are in control of the government not the other way around.

I believe in taking care of our own opposed to taking care of the entire world. The world was doing just fine (it was surviving anyway) taking care of itself before America came along and our government became more powerful than its people.

The idea of America - that is what I believe in. The way the Constitution was written. But power & greed seems to destory every thing it touchs and our government is consumed with both.

Sometimes I long to have lived many years before everything started changing in America. But, as some have posted, it has always be corrupt in some manner.

We, in America, have become spoiled to the easy way of things. When real revolution does come, most will have a hard time because of this. Myself included but I am willing to adapt.

I am really to get back to God, Family, and Country.....get back to when things were much simplier.....when we depended on family & local community not goverment.

I hope whay I wrote makes sense. Thank you for letting me share!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yes Shame america, shame.

You are a pestilence to the rest of the world.

Take your culture & shove it where the sun don't shine.

The soon you wither & die the happier place this planet will be.

So not only "yank go home", also piss off & die.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
Please don't presume to tell me I should be ashamed. I am proud to be an American...what are you?

I am also proud to be an American! Yes, the US has some obstacles to overcome -- what country doesn't? However, I think most people HAVE finally awakened to some of the issues and are demanding changes. Spokespeople like Ron Paul (who I thought was a nut just a year ago), are making progress in alerting us to issues which our media (one of our main problems) has kept hushed up. Yet, still in all, if given a choice of any country in this world to live...I would still pick the USA (Canada a close second), because the "American Dream" is alive for those who work for it. And yes, I have felt the sting of the economic slump the past few months (heck my husband's 401K is down over $600,000) and our house has lost some value, although only about 8-10% total.

But, I wake up in the morning and look out over our large landscaped town lot (which I did myself), admiring the flowers and watching the birds eating peanuts and sunflower seeds and swooping down to the pond edge to grab a stray insect. I grind my coffee beans and make fresh coffee to go along with my bagel and read the paper. Then, I take a walk with my dogs around the town lake. I have a job (which I don't hate), and shop at a fully stocked grocery store. In the evenings, we take a leisurely ride in the electric golf cart, and stop at Starbucks for our daily latte (unless it's hot, then we get an iced coffee). On weekends, we mow the yard (unless we previously mowed it that week) and often head either to the mountains or the beach and goof off. We are well-educated, have great health insurance, and still have some money in the bank. What I'm saying is that the American Dream is, through all of our problems, still alive and kicking. Neither of us came from wealthy families, but with hard work, a good education, and smart money management, are doing just fine (like most other families I know). I drive a 10-year-old car. I could go out and buy a new one and pay cash for it, but its dependable and safe, so I drive it. Yet, I see all these people who can't manage to pay their monthly bills driving around in new and expensive cars, which I find disgusting, as a car is NOT an investment and is the biggest waste of money there is.

The problem with some Americans is that they were raised to be spoiled, selfish, and to have a Sadsack attitude. They don't help their neighbors, don't give to charity, don't attend church or civic organizations (even for the socialization aspects and to learn about what's new in your community), they do complain regularly about not making enough money and end up charging the lifestyles they want and think they are entitled to rather than living within their means and saving. They complain about the quality of education (but don't volunteer on the PTO), and instead sit on their butts watching South Park and Family Guy (eating junk food) or surfing the net all night rather than reading and bettering themselves. Then, they complain loudly enough that the entire world hears them, stating that our government is out to get them (or perhaps it's the shapeshifters or NWO) and that it is so hard here and that the rest of the world has it so much easier. It's no wonder the world thinks it stinks over here. I have a sister as I described...she's very smart, but moves from job to job (her bosses are always retards) and town to town (the townspeople are always retards), and is never happy. People like this don't realize the real problem is attitute and they have to make their own happiness. I don't care where they move...they still will not be happy. I say, the US is a great place to live IF you want to move off the couch, get an education or training, and work hard and smart (there is a difference between the two).

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyeyes
I'm pissed off too, that our government that is supposed to protect us from criminals like this did nothing to prevent it. I am still proud to be American. I still believe that this is the greatest country to live in. Still though I read and see all of this unfolding in the news and on the internet, which brings to memory the movie V-for Vendetta. I love the part in the movie where the masked cursader say's "People should not fear their government's, it is government's who should fear their people." Maybe the American government is afraid of it's people.

"People should not fear their government's, it is government's who should fear their people."

Wasn't this Thomas Paine?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

Holy mackeral guy, it's not all Americans, we have been duped by greedy corporations and greasy politicians.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

Thank you for reminding us how we got to where we're at.
You are the the epitome of exactly why the world is in the shape it's in.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
You have to be dumb and blind to be proud of any government. Governments do not represent the people. They never have, and I doubt they ever well.

Has there been a government in history that has not murdered, pillaged, stolen, or tricked its own citizens?

Yet America has helped more country's oppression famine ect... than any other country in the history of the world.

ww1 ww2 Korean war Vietnam war Iraq war.ect.ect.
If we count the so called conflict's i bet it's close to 250 fight's.
and 98% are to benefit another country not our's.

Has anyone every gave thought to what if we mind our own country like the other's do what ever from now on?
we wouldn't be in a financial crisis right now...
We would be a self sustained country that produced good's the other country's wanted.
Instead they ask for our help and we help..to show democracy work's.

yet we get bit in the hand almost every time .

and your right...WE THE PEOPLE.
is not our government.
I did not pick Hillary Clinton or barrack Hussein obama to be my democratic nominee's.
the democratic people did.
So in a weird way We don't pick the president.
they pick 2 or 3 people for us to choice who we want for president..

No AKA Normal U.S citizen can run and be on ever ballot in the usa..
Because of bs law's and regulation over voting.
even if they won 6 states hand down..they wouldn't be on the ballot's in the other's unless write in ballot's.

Or country is still good mind ya. great even. don't believe the media hype lol
But we don't pick the president's..it's a trick..we get shown there pick's and we vote like we have a choice.
when it doesn't matter they was hand picked for us...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Complain, complain, complain...Yes, our government does represent us. If it is a sick government, it is reflective of a sick society (which is you). If you don't like how the government works, then get off your sorry a**es, get involved and CHANGE it to your ideal. If you think greedy corporate types are running the government, don't buy their products. If you think big banks are running the government, quit ordering their credit cards -- use a local bank or savings and loan. But you all go around buying Wal-Mart’s outsourced crap because it's cheap and end up putting yourselves out of a job. You go to Kroger because it's cheaper than the local co-op, and put them out of business. You only think about your own selves and your own dollar and buying what's cheapest and how much of this cheap stuff you can accumulate before your credit is cut off. And for God's sake, raise your children to have some values and take responsibility for their own actions -- don't be one of those parents who regularly storms into school breathing fire because some poor teacher had the temerity to give little Johnny detention. Your kids might be running the corporations, big banks, or government one day, so teach them to always do the right thing. The way I see it, many of you are contributing to the problems we have today and yet you blame it on the government. I've got news for you, like it or not...YOUR GOVERNMENT IS YOU!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

NO!! The government is not us!! Don't know where you are from but you have no clue what you are talking about. That's like saying the Iran government is it's people. I believe this is, also, not true and is obvious with all the BS going on there right now..Governments (some) create an illusion that the people do have a say so. Then TPTB manipulate, through media, the people to believe they are free and do make a difference.

It is all BS - just as everything you had to say!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

And who are TPTB? Your kids, your uncles, your cousins, your neighbors... If we all did a better job raising our children to take responsibility for their own actions and, as I said above, always doing the right thing, we wouldn't be in this mess. Are you involved in government (local, regional, national)? Why not? BE YOUR GOVERNMENT!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join