It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Be American? You Should Be Ashamed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Proud To Be American? You Should Be Ashamed

market-ticker.org

We have seen the largest looting operation in history perpetrated against The American People.

Over $5 trillion dollars in junk securities were marketed and sold. They had a real value of about $2 trillion dollars; the other $3 trillion, roughly, was pure fiction.

"It was pure fraud."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
When I first saw the headline to this article I was prepared to be offended as a very proud American but after reading the thread, seeing on my dinning room table newspapers reporting a lot of the same facts it became disturbing to me. I am still a very proud American, a military vet whom has served this country proudly but will have to admit that I am ashamed of our country and what it has turned into... I am sure I will draw in hatred for my thoughts on this topic but I would love to hear members points of view after reading the thread.

market-ticker.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes, it does kind of turn your stomach doesnt it.

We have been hoodwinkled in the night by a mad bull. I just never ever imagined any of this in my wildest dreams.....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ah come on! Have you ever heard of Creditors in Commerce? YOU have the choice to continue to allow this type of shenanigans or to stand up take full responsibility with the highest of honor and change the situation, or YOU can continue to be the victim by creating worthless threads that give NO Solutions...

Period.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You have to be dumb and blind to be proud of any government. Governments do not represent the people. They never have, and I doubt they ever well.

Has there been a government in history that has not murdered, pillaged, stolen, or tricked its own citizens?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well "Antar", what I love best about threads like this is that it brings discusions and opinions such as yours that can bring solutions. Thank you for sharing

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

So true, so what would be a solution?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am not proud of America at the moment but I am proud of me!

I won't buy cheap foreign made goods I will do without or pay a little extra to make sure my money stays in and enriches other Americans who are going to keep that money circulating in America too.

I haven't turned on my TV in 17 months now. I watch 2 TV Shows a week I download for 99 cents or get for free depending on the show I want to watch. I disconected from the propoganda machine.

I am going on my sixth year of working for myself at home. I don't work for a substandard wage I earn what I am worth, and my labors don't line the pockets of some rich corporate fat cat who is eyeing someone in China or India to give my job too.

I haven't driven my car in 4 months now but walk and ride my bicycle I am no longer letting the greedy oil companies profit off of me or needlessly polluting the environment.

I spend a couple hours every day learning and helping other people learn how they and I can truly make the world a better place for they and I.

I have no desire to protect Israel, no desire to persecute Muslims, and no desire to have my children grow up to be the world's policemen and policewomen at the tax payers expense.

I contstantly write and call my corrupt congresswoman and Senators even though they don't read what I write, and their staffs do not enjoy when I call but I weigh in on every issue that I have an oppinion on like any good citizen in a democracy should and I study and research all the issues first like any good citizen in a democracy should.

Not too proud of America at all...but damn proud of me!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Damn.... I'm proud of you as well. You sound like you are head of the game into a higher conscientiousness. That is terrific, I am only half way there from where you are.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
No sir, i'm proud as hell to be an american, but ashamed of the people who run it.
Just because i have pride for my country doesn't mean i have it for this government.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm pissed off too, that our government that is supposed to protect us from criminals like this did nothing to prevent it. I am still proud to be American. I still believe that this is the greatest country to live in. Still though I read and see all of this unfolding in the news and on the internet, which brings to memory the movie V-for Vendetta. I love the part in the movie where the masked cursader say's "People should not fear their government's, it is government's who should fear their people." Maybe the American government is afraid of it's people.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i'm white and i'm an American. but i've been proud of niether since i saw
Dances w/ wolves. pride goeth before a fall anyways.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I've hated this country and the people in it since 9/11. The way this country has changed, reacted, and exploited us since has been a horrible nightmare. And the American people are fat lazy idiots who just lay back and close their eyes while they get #ed. I hate no child left behind, TSA, homeland security, the drug war, Fox News, anti-gay sentiment, insane religious sentiments, and the flag being used as a symbol of hate and ignorance. Now we find we've been getting looted and raped economically. I'm not surprised, this is exactly the government and country Americans deserve because they've done nothing to live up to their extra-ordinary heritage of liberty, freedom, and education.

America was a good idea, but it's dead now.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

Point well taken... Thanks

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

Damn.... I'm proud of you as well. You sound like you are head of the game into a higher conscientiousness. That is terrific, I am only half way there from where you are.

Hey well that's great news my friend, your glass is half full and no doubt on the way to getting fuller all the time.

The world changes for the better one idea, one person, one act at a time.

Rome wasn't built in a day though they tell me it's now nearly complete!

Go figure!

We are going to get there friend, it's always darkest before the night!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

Loved the movie "V" too, I took it to my 67 year old mother and laughed when she came back to me saying that she can see the US heading in the same direction as the movie alluded to. Great comments.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No Doubt, America has a lot to be ashamed of in it's treatment of a lot of races through out history... A lot of wrongs to be made right. I'm just not seeing it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

I get your point but we would have to agree that we are not all like you've discribed in your post. I think 99% of ATS members and posters are awake enough to want to make a difference. That's my view any ways. Love your post. thanks

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You couldn't have said it any better then that... Thanks for the kudo's and I hope to be of a higher conscientiousness soon. Awesome post, thanks

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is outrageous.

Going with the title of the thread I would have to say that for whatever goes on in America there is something equally or even worse going on in other counties. As much as people like to trash talk the US I know for a fact that there are worse places to live. I think people are more disappointed over what the US can be or what it should be compared to what it is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join