It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Be American? You Should Be Ashamed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Very good point... Especially the last few words of your comment... Ameica could be great and I don't know of anybody who wouldn't want it to be. Hmm

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Dont say your not proud to be american..... just say your not proud at being ruled by the elite..... be proud to be American..... just say you aint proud at this regime....which is by the way dems and reps... they both represent the same bull.........seriously sick of that sick of msm, sick of pollution, the poison in our food and water, our education system, our "justice system" federalreserve.... CIA.. and just about everything.... exept our constitution that our forefathers wrote... we need to seriously get back to basics........

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Exactly, back to basics would be a good thing. Very proud of the Constitution!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Anti American dribble. Can you give a list of other countries in comparison to this great country that have a better, kinder history in human catastrophic atrocities?

Did not think so.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You couldn't have said it any better then that... Thanks for the kudo's and I hope to be of a higher conscientiousness soon. Awesome post, thanks

You are quite welcome my friend. America can and will get it's act together just as soon as we start looking in the mirror instead of to Washington to do it.

In the words of the one good democrat, "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country"

Each one of us is truly a nation unto ourselves and when we start treating our own individual actions with that kind of gravity and forethought things will change for the better, but not until then.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Kaytagg

So true, so what would be a solution?

Teach people critical thinking skills. Pretty simple, really.

Edit to add: Cool thread, Rams59lb. Thanks for taking the time to reply to everyones post
. Very cool

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

I get your point but we would have to agree that we are not all like you've discribed in your post. I think 99% of ATS members and posters are awake enough to want to make a difference. That's my view any ways. Love your post. thanks

You're a valuable poster on here, I always take the time to read your posts. Don't get me wrong, I love America. I love the history, the ballsiness, and the freedom this country has represented in the past. However, with how far this country has fallen and no one standing to do anything and this country continuing to fall down the hole as it battles over the stupidest of issues. Yeah we're "awake" here on ATS but ranting and whining on the internet doesn't accomplish anything. And that's what Americans are now, ranting and whiny and incapable of doing any work or standing up for themselves. We're weak, stupid, fat, drugged out zombies now and no one is ever going to stand up and there's not going to be change. Maybe this is the way it's always been and it's just more obvious now. I see nothing to America but hype, greed, and a inescapable class system.

Ask yourself what people who hate this country objectives would be and then think about the difference in this country between 9/10/01 and now. The "terrorists" won.

I think if you followed the destruction of the educational system in this country in the Vietnam years, you'd have a parallel to the downfall of America.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

again all stated very well and I totally agree. Looking forward to that day and am working on making it that way everyday...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I am a true believer in discusion and free will and feel that I owe it to you all at least one reply in appreciation for taking the time to post on my thread... Awesome postings. thanks

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Once again I feel we agree but just see it a little differently. I think we've always been spoiled in or American comfort zones but when push comes to shove we fight back and good trumps over evil most of the time. As my 67 yr old mother put it the other day "She knows things have been getting worse" "What are we supose to do about it?" but then she goes on to say which made me laugh but realize everybody has their limits "But if they knock down my door, kick my babies (dogs) "Boy" they have a fight on there hands" lol... Keep the faith and if you don't mind I consider you a very Proud American who is just very sickened by our courties mistakes?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sweden... I'll agree with you that America use to be great, I'll also agree with you post except for the dribble part as discusion and debate opens minds and thought. Great points of view and very honest!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

If you really want a list just say so. It might take a few days of researching but you have to remember that humanity is not always "good", and most countries have been around a lot longer than the US.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm proud to be an American, but I find it hard to call the country I live in America, because the true United States of America has been disassembled and reconfigured to fit the needs of a select few. The USA is dead, there's an impostor in it's place, and it seems as if people are just now starting to realize it. Unfortunately that doesn't put us anywhere near a solution, as most people will be in denial until they're desperate and starving. 1984 has come and passed, a few brave people tried to change it, and they all end up dead... Kennedy, Lincoln... William Cooper? There is no victory here, the country will fall, a lot of people will die, and some time down the road a new nation will rise as the biggest superpower. Ultimately, it's the way our world works, we rise and fall, live and die.

Edit: I'd also like to note that all three of those people died to individuals, assassinations that claim no outside influence, and that is usually the way it is. This is either a fabricated reality created by the true assassins, or a sad reality of how incapable of dealing with change some people, or most people, are. My bet's on both.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by SkepticPerhaps]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps
1984 has come and passed, a few brave people tried to change it, and they all end up dead... Kennedy, Lincoln... William Cooper? There is no victory here, the country will fall, a lot of people will die, live and die.

Wow, I do believe this is a person who calls it as they see it! It is true, it is scary and it turns a lot of people off to hear this point of view but I find it very valid and thank you for your post...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I think if you followed the destruction of the educational system in this country in the Vietnam years, you'd have a parallel to the downfall of America.

It is my personal oppinion their came a day when Richard M Nixon looked out the window of the Oval Office and saw hundreds of thousands of sign and poster bearing long haired youths protesting the war and the administration and looked at his Secret Service Agent in charge at the White House and said "How do we stop them if they decide to come over the fence?"

The Secret Service Agent's answer was "We won't be able to Mr. President"

That was the turning point in America in many ways. Many of the young adults protesting were college students but not Ivy League ones.

They were children of Blue Collar Union Workers who at the time enjoyed the highest standard of living of any worker in the world. Enough for the child's mother to stay at home and raise the children and tend to the home and the couples social standing. Enough to have two cars in the garage in a comfortable median priced home. Enough to send their children to a University or College, and to provide them spending money while there, and enough to enjoy a few weeks of quality vacation time every year.

In other words enough to be free and for their children to be free.

That's when it all began to change, the export of first Steel and then Autos and then every type of manufacturing besides vital defense and areo space.

The attack on the Teamsters and the AFL/CIO.

The dummification of the public educational system, and Hollywood beginning to appeal to the lowest common denominator in the art and entertainment it produced.

The beginning of the enslaving 'revolving credit' to augment stagnant and decreasing wages while an unrelenting blitz from Madison Avenue and Hollywood compelled people to buy every gadget and fashion to keep up with the Jones family today instead of waiting to earn it tomorrow and then living in fear of loosing one's job and not being able to pay what you promised tomorrow for what you took home to enjoy today.

Today in so many ways the problems facing the nation are far greater than they were in the late sixties and early seventies but the youths of today can not afford to travel at their leisure like the youths of yesterday even though both parents work now.

The oligarchs know we are only as free to roam and accomplish as much as the money in our pockets allow...

Hence today when the world is more stacked against us than ever they do everything they can to make sure people don't have money.

They have redistributed the wealth alright just like they promised, offshore, to other peoples and nations who can pose no threat to them here.

Americans were never truly free, but for a few brief shining moments we were so close the oligarchs could taste it and fear it and that's when America began changing for the worst, little by little like the theif that starts at the back of your closet and waits to take the TV set and the Jewelry last.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

FANTASTIC post... Very well made points of view in regards to the down fall of America and our freedoms. I love the part about almost tasting it. So True. I am so enjoying your mind. it's exotic

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Don't be so cynical, we are all free, only the mind-games the PTB play with you can convince you otherwise. Our world is governed by money, and those with money (6100 people have 95% of the worlds money... I think that's the numbers I've read) think they can control the world through their fake slavery. They can't. Without us, the people, they can't. So we must ALL rise up and REVOLT. That won't happen though, because people believe they can be controlled, they believe someone can take away their freedom, but only your fear of death can enslave you. If you don't fear death, you cannot be controlled. This is the concept behind dangerous criminals.

Edit: Have you ever wondered how some of the worlds most evil men got away with everything they did? It's because they set out and did it, with no fear of the consequence. It's no different for those who have changed our world for the good, they do what they believe in, and spit in the face of those who tell them NO. Sure, they die, but is that really so bad, do we really understand death?

[edit on 15-6-2009 by SkepticPerhaps]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

When I first saw the headline to this article I was prepared to be offended as a very proud American but after reading the thread, seeing on my dinning room table newspapers reporting a lot of the same facts it became disturbing to me. I am still a very proud American, a military vet whom has served this country proudly but will have to admit that I am ashamed of our country and what it has turned into... I am sure I will draw in hatred for my thoughts on this topic but I would love to hear members points of view after reading the thread.

market-ticker.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

As a retired veteran of our military you think you would be a bit more sensitive. You are just like the rest of the world blaming everyday Americans for what their government is doing to them. They are doing this to enslave us and steal from us and break us down to our knees for the NWO ....AND YOU SHAME US???? Yeah, some were tempted to over extend credit cards and such and ran themselves into debt and they should have known better, but they were browbeaten by the "We are Americans, we are the richest and the best" blah blah, and they fell into the trap. It happens. No need to condemn them though for being outsmarted by cronies who do this for a living, like the international bankers. I personally have never had a credit card or even used my credit, I have never bought anything unless I had the cash in my pocket to do it. I have never even taken a loan for anything. It's a harder way of life but I could see right throughout their scheme right from the beginning and it was not worth it to me. I still have hardly anything, but I have nothing for them to take from em either, what I have is my own and even this stuff means nothing to me. Americans do though. I hope one day my true calling will be saving Americans somehow, because they are truly what matters not money or debt or items that belong to Cesar, render unto him what belongs to him. The rest of the world is the same as you, they sit there and watch their TV and talk about how stupid Americans are not knowing the toll that we have to pay for a corrupt government daily, isn't that right CANADA? I find it more ignorant to sit in another country and judge Americans by what an government controlled media puts out on TV than to get to know the country's people and then judge what the true America is about. We are not Jerry Springer or Maury Povich, that is a very small number that you see on the boob tube ( a little knowledge for you Canadians and Rick Mercer). I have been to Canada and they are no smarter than us, they just talk a lot and most of it is about how great they are as opposed to Americans although there is no proof of it. So whoever wrote this, don't be like the Canadians and the French (pretty much the same thing).......you know as an American it is not our fault, we have been hijacked by a government wanting to incite anger in men and to put in prison the ones who oppose them.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

tis was the best piece of writing i have seen since i have been hear at ATS.
as far as the OP this a great thread it is time that everyone talks about how they feel about this country of ours. by getting past the stress we can put our thoughts together to find a solution to the problems that pleg us here. awsome post.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps
They can't. Without us, the people, they can't. So we must ALL rise up and REVOLT. That won't happen though, because people believe they can be controlled, they believe someone can take away their freedom, but only you fear of death can enslave you.

I will say this: Those who can be controlled will die within they're slavery but there will be a revolt and many will die in body but will be free along those who continue to fight for freedom... Sheet, I sound like "Wallace" lol...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join