It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Be American? You Should Be Ashamed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ok, why should we be ashamed that our GOVERNMENT does this. I keep trying to tell people to form militias, march on the white-house, and demand a change(as is our 2nd amendment right) but no one thinks it will work.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjfromga
If you think big banks are running the government, quit ordering their credit cards -- use a local bank or savings and loan.
[
I do.

But you all go around buying Wal-Mart’s outsourced crap because it's cheap and end up putting yourselves out of a job. You go to Kroger because it's cheaper than the local co-op, and put them out of business.

It's called: being on a budget?! Or would you rather me spend twice as much going to local markets and thereby exceeding my budget. You already chastised us for "spending too much". You can't have it both ways.

And for God's sake, raise your children to have some values...

I do. But if your post is any indication of YOUR values and how you think things should be handled -- please stay away from my children!

The way I see it, many of you are contributing to the problems we have today...

What have you done to make the world a better place? Enlighten us so that we may learn.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
We’re just peons in the scope of things. My husband is in management for big business – but is an honest man. I work with troubled and at-risk children. Over the years, I've been active in PTO, Scouts, local civic clubs, gardening clubs, etc. He’s involved with environmental causes. As I said, we aren’t anything special, although we help where we can -- but then I’m not unhappy with my life and bitching about the government, either. We have two kids in college who get good grades, aren’t into drugs, and have never been in trouble with the law. I have one uncle who is a US Senator for a Midwest state, a few other close relatives running companies and working with units of government, but most of us are just normal people working at mundane jobs. I guess growing up we weren’t allowed to complain about things, but were told instead, “If you aren’t part of the solution, you are part of the problem.” If you hear that enough, you begin to believe it and to live it.

Sorry if I offended you in some way, but I really get frustrated with people who constantly bitch, moan, and complain and yet always seem to be the first to roll over and play dead or point a finger at someone else when trouble lands on their doorstep.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by mjfromga]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viper0hr
Ok, why should we be ashamed that our GOVERNMENT does this. I keep trying to tell people to form militias, march on the white-house, and demand a change(as is our 2nd amendment right) but no one thinks it will work.

"but no one thinks it will work." That's the issue...people just want to talk and complain. They really don't want to get involved. I am not an Obama fan and I can't say I'm thrilled that my kids might have to work with his civilian militia, but at least this is one way to force the population to become actively engaged in their communities -- my kids included. It won't hurt them to do a little work for the government here and there, and they might learn something worthwhile.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
I've hated this country and the people in it since 9/11. The way this country has changed, reacted, and exploited us since has been a horrible nightmare. And the American people are fat lazy idiots who just lay back and close their eyes while they get #ed. I hate no child left behind, TSA, homeland security, the drug war, Fox News, anti-gay sentiment, insane religious sentiments, and the flag being used as a symbol of hate and ignorance. Now we find we've been getting looted and raped economically. I'm not surprised, this is exactly the government and country Americans deserve because they've done nothing to live up to their extra-ordinary heritage of liberty, freedom, and education.

America was a good idea, but it's dead now.

This post has made my day, well done. I could not have said it better myself.

The average American might be a really really nice person, but they are also too happy to wallow in ignorance and allow themselves to be manipulated. But then, I suppose many Western countries are guilty of that.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

People like you are the reason... the absolute reason, some of us like myself haven't stood up and protested in any major way the loss of the money...

I know most of it is going into weapons development and I know, whatever goes on here... people like you are often times in charge of places over there...

The only difference being, yeah you would kill me, label me and make blanket statements about me by association. Instead of vice verse

So at that point, what do I care what my scummy leaders do to you?

Your proof positive that... every nation has people to fear.

Thankfully, to date the dumb apes that guard this set of trees can kick the crud out of the dumb apes that guard yours...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

It is time for the blood of tryannts to water the tree of liberty one more time, if not throw the shackles on me and call me slave... We right now have to choices live free or live as slaves... whats it going to be?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Being proud is one thing. A lot of Americans, however, go too far. "I'm better than you because I was born in this country!" is not a proud thing to say. I don’t agree with Patriotism or Nationlism, as it generally works against freedom of individual thought.

As citizens, I think Americans should be ashamed of their government and country as a whole. Or at least feel some embarrassment when looking at it. Individually, they are not responsible.

What good has America done for the world? Well, it is the hugest friggin consumer, so I suppose it brings a lot of economic development to countries like China. However, America has used this, along with its influence in the media, to force goods into certain markets, as well as force countries to sell America natural resources at unreasonable prices.

America hasn't been very nice with foreign aid either. It does give a huge amount of money, but of the developed countries I believe it ranks close to last if not last in the percentage of national income given to foreign aid. As well, most of that money goes to countries like Isreal/Egypt for weapons. Iraq’s war is probably the hugest foreign aid reciepient I can think of. Furthermore, a lot of the money America gives to other countries is often tied to American businesses or products within those countries.

America’s quest for securing oil has caused issues for the entire world. In fact, since America started its new-age Middle East crusade, rather then fighting a war on drugs, American’s have been paying to fuel the drug trade. Instead of fighting a war on terrorism, they are staffing the terrorists with new recruits. If the wars are causing increase in terrorist organizations membership, and an increased problem with heroin trade, then why keep fighting them? Because the government uses propaganda on its own people…obviously.

And this is only recent history. America has a long history of wars fought for personal gain. They cycle between friends and foes with people depending on their current interests.

America’s greed will eventually ensure its own destruction, as the resentment for the country grows due to its actions. Especially since the economic issues felt across the globe.

America won’t be the world super power forever if it continues along its current path, and some people need to come to grips with that.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
give me a break lol

if you revolt, it is ILLEGAL your GOING to JAIL!!

or , you will be shot.

face it - we cannot even speak of revolting directly on ATS....

the government can beat the crap out of us, kill us, and threaten us constantly

but if we make even ONE THREAT against these nazis, we will be marginalized and attacked and destroyed or imprisoned

so ill say it in a discreet way

"Go Get Em!"

[edit on 16-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
And seriously...

some of you, even Americans get way to Emo...

Things have happened that are wrong

Calm down and step by step fix them....

"I am sooooooo ashamed waaaaaaa"

Most of you are young and have a lifetime ahead of you, the Govt stole money... and the War really Was about OIl dominance not anything real...

yeah... kind of bad

Money we will in time recover from...

Particularly in 15 years when we have preserved all our strategic oil reserves and we open up the Shale in Colorado and are the only oil producing nation of any volume left on Earth

Yeah... they fought dirty

hello

They also won a couple of pretty big maneuvers

Listen to some of these kooks that float in here Americans...

Our leaders are SCUM

But, listen to how fast some of these guys overseas would in actuality have your heads if they could and NO, that sentiment was not for many because of these offenses...

They'd use WW2 a century ago, or even fighting with the natives 2 centuries ago... as a reason we are evil if they could do the exact same to us

Sad... but True

Hate to be a jerk about it...

But it's Great that Europe is drinking Russian Oil by the mega barrel, great we got into Iraq and turned the hose up to full pump and great that Saudi and Iranian reserves are being guzzled by China at an awesome pace...

Because, when they are done, and since we keep BUYING it from them too...

America will have allot of oil... and you can't wage war against us, if you can't bring planes to the skies and boats of food to your troops...

Get the picture?

And yeah there is missing money and we have a Trillion plus black budget for defense...

hrrrrrrm

Should I really be that upset about it?

When you listen to some posts out there about us...

Those posts were here before all this too

Jealousy stinks

Ashamed

a bit, it stinks we had to cheat to win...

but, I'll still sleep easy tonight

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
And let me make another point for those who think it will be so bad over here or they are out to get US not them...

Our leaders who did this...

Stuck around

in 15-20 years when the Oil runs out in Saudi Arabia... lets see exactly how long their leaders stay put with the profits they raped from thier countries selling it all away, 20-1 odds says, they high tail it out of the country...

If our future is so negative, a giant police state, broke economy.... if they were out to ruin us...

why didn't they leave?

The answer... they know it's going to be a dandy place to live because of what they did.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
You have to wonder whether the NWO is as surprised as anyone that the people of the USA don't more actively react.

No the 'NWO' or 'PTB' know very well that the US people are en masse a sleeping giant. If things got really bad enough, the giant will awaken.

Right now the arms of the giant are stocking weapons...

Are there limitations on assault weapons? No
Nevada - No state restriction on the sale or possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons. Assault weapons are as easy to buy as hunting rifles. Congress and President Bush allowed the federal assault weapons ban to sunset in 2004.

www.bradycampaign.org...

Notice here that BUSH allowed the weapons ban bill to vanish. Now if the PTB were so against us... does that make sense?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
Take your culture & shove it where the sun don't shine.

I wish we would

I would love to see us take all our money out all the other countries and see how long they last.

All this anti American bravado... but they all want our dollars

I say pull out and let them fend for themselves

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ashamed? Hell no. Raging burning p***ed off? Hell yeah.

I am irate over government bailing out of failed banks, financial institutions, and industrial giants for starters.

I am mad and I really want some blood.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjfromga
Originally posted by Viper0hr
...but at least this is one way to force the population to become actively engaged in their communities -- my kids included. It won't hurt them to do a little work for the government here and there, and they might learn something worthwhile.

"Force the population...."

It's called a constitution and you should read it.

"Do a little work for the gov't..."

I do work for the gov't: I PAY MY TAXES!!!

Edit to add: I volunteer, I donate to charity, my kids get good grades, etc. But the point is - it's my choice. The minute someone tells me I have to - I won't. Don't let them erode the constitution by even ONE LINE. Because before you know, whole paragraphs will be gone.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

Proud to be a AMerican but very ashamed of our country for all that it has stood for quite some time now... Only when we demand more of our country will honor be returned. Great post ty for sharing

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Great post, your point of view is well taken and appreciated ty for sharing

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Hopefully, people will relearn how to vote in the future and the "news media" will learn their on the wrong side.

I don't see it happening anytime soon, the media is controlled by the elite, just look at today's news regarding ABC and the White House lol... What a joke. Great comments.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Great points, thank you for taking the time to lay out your opinion and including links to support your point... Well done and appreciated "truly"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

"Thank you" for shareing... Wow, your comments and your time are honestly appreciated and thoughtout. Clearly you had a lot to say. TY

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join