It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I hear what your saying and I'll probably give it a miss to be fair. I just find it interesting that most reports from people who have tried it sound very similar to projecting/OBE's.

I've not really been too well lately through my own stupid fault like. I've been drinking alcohol but the day after has been a nightmare with the sharp chest pain and the only cure for it is to lay down stomache faced down or the obvious which is to not drink in the first place. I'm gettin tired of just spending my days off work drinking anyway so this is going to stop and I dont think it will be difficuilt to do at all really as the chest pain the day after is just not worth it and I dont want to even think of what could happen if I ignore the signs.

I was just laying down a minute ago and was layed there trying to fall to sleep and suddenly I found myself watching tv (Jeremy kyle show) which is on on my tv but the thing is, I knew I must of been watching it through OBE because the way I was positioned, it just isn't possible to view my tv. I watched about a minutes worth and then snapped back. Then I let myself slip back out and was going to see what time it was on my laptop clock and see who was logged in on MSN messenger and I was able to sit up mentally and look around but was too scared to travel any further cos of the chest pain situation. When I willed myself to wake up, It seemed to take a good 3 seconds to re-align and wake up.

Something else.... The other night I was having a lucid dream controlling my environment showing off with the usual 'that, move to there' sort of thing. This was happening for a very long time and I found myself slowly being unable to move anything as if all my energy was being drained out of me and it felt really uncomfortable around my chest area but.. I'm not sure if this was my chest area in dream or physical chest area. It got me thinking whether or not your heart has any role to play in dreaming/lucid dreaming/OBE's. It's one thing becoming lucid all the time but if its putting my heart under pressure then I might have to be rethink what I'm doing whilst lucid.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow. I''ve gotten the closest I've ever gotten over this Christmas break. I had just finised reading William Buhlman's book on astral projection and I've been making conscious efforts every night to get out.

I was visiting my friends in NY and I was crashing on one of my friend's couches for a night. My phone rang at like 3am and it was my dumb friend lost somewhere and I was half asleep after I finished talking to him I went back to sleep on the couch. Now then, I woke up around 5am thinking my phone was going off again and that I had left it on vibrate under my pillow. When I opened my eyes the vibrations quickly dissipated and I saw my phone sitting on the coffee table and I had left it on a ringer not vibrate. That's when I went "HOLY CRAP!" that is the intense vibrations that everyone speaks about. My whole head was literally shaking and buzzing like never before and I mistook it for sleeping on my cell lolz. I still felt good because that is the closest I've ever gotten to a planned exit.

A couple days later I started reading Astral Dynamics and man it's a doozy. It's like reading War and Peace. I went to sleep that night in my old bed at my parent's house when I came awake sort of. I felt the sensations of tugging beginning at my crotch lol and then my chest and head. I was looking but I was blinded by like curtains or veils that wouldn't let me see or see exactly what they were. I was being taken away. The feeling of hands pulling me scared me and I struggled against it and then boom I could see and I realized it was separation. Of course my room was empty and even though I was slightly disappointed for not going with it since I could feel half of my body was partially out I wasn't mad or upset because I had now gotten even closer to exiting.

That was just a couple of days ago. I realized something. Since the two places I've gotten close have been more than I've gotten on my regular bed I'm going to try sleeping on different things. Perhaps my body is so used to my bed that waking up is more difficult. I'll try crashing on my couch and see if that helps with projection. Whatever I try, I know I'm close. Immersing yourself in books on the subject like RiverGoddess says is really a great way to keeping your mind focused on making this a reality.

One thing I thought was funny was in the books I've read and interviews I've listened to most people refer to the vibrational stage as scary and too intense. I loved that when it happened to me the other night. It felt great. The slow and partial separation is what I have to get used to. It was quite awkward being in your parent's house and feeling the sensation of tugging on your crotch when you're alone in your bed lol.

That was probably a bit long winded but I'm really excited about this. I'm going to make it my new year's resolution, to get out of me body.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by roodyp4364
Bottom line is, I wouldn't recommend it, its some scary stuff. I would rather achieve OBE's the natural way, which I hope to do in the not too distant future.

Did your movements feel odd, like a delay of sort, for example dont try to drink lol. Did your skin feel really weird, like really sensitive and tingly?

I remember when I tried it, I was in the kitchen smoking it, thinking this doesnt seem to work, BUT litrelly what felt like 0.1 second later I was on the sofa in the other room laughing my head off, and was wondering how I got there!! The stuff works so quick and sudden its quite a shock, I ended up in my bedroom trying to drink coca cola, but couldnt lol, because my movements felt all delayed, my cats face was so funny to me it put me in hysterical laughter for a minuite, I layed down on my bed, laughing my head off, until it slowed down, and I ended up laying there half sit up in a weird position frozen for the next 5 minuites, when I came too, I was wondering why the hell I was laying there frozen doing nothing lol.

Anyway I had NO OBE lol, Which was my mission.

Ive had OBE's other times the natural way anyway, its best when I wake up and go back to sleep 30-40 mins later. Another time when I went sleep normal time, I had like 8 short obes one after another, I kept coming back to my body too quickly, but was suprised how easily it was to go back and do it again if I focused and not move.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by _Phoenix_]

[edit on 26-12-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yes the delay was VERY evident when I moved around. The strongest sensations were RIGHT after I hit the stuff. I felt like I was sinking into my chair. When I looked up everything was different. I didn't drink, nor was I on anything else, AND I had sober friends present, so I know everything that happened was exact. But boy does 3 years makes a difference. I think I've been making progress in "Mission: OBE". Im about 2 weeks in to training (reading Astral Dynamics). I've read up to the part where the major chakras are discussed. Robert Bruce suggests that you condition your energy body for 3 months before moving on the major chakras. Should I take his advice? I know I need at least 1 month more before I feel like I can do all the techniques he teaches with ease..... but I'm impatient (Thanks dad, lol). I'd like to hear from a number of you who are experienced in OBE's. How long did it take most of you to experience your first planned OBE?

Before I started training, I hadn't been having dreams.... but ever since I started, I've had a dream almost every night. Some I can remember, but in all of them I had no control, nor did I think I was dreaming. In fact, now that I'm typing I just remembered the end of last nights dream..... how ironic. I don't remember most of it, but the end it pretty clear (woke up 5 hrs ago). I just remember at the end of it, losing control and letting out a verbal tirade on everybody in sight. I have no idea why, because thats not in my nature. When I woke up, the FIRST thought that popped into my head was, "Damn I just acted like a spoiled little brat, thats not like me." When my focus cleared, I realized it was a dream. I hope just having and remembering part of this dream is progress.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by roodyp4364]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
After a nice long sleep last night, I got all the sounds and vibrations coming at me this morning......I was trying to go 'into it' but would stop breathing for some reason. So odd
When I would take a breath it seemed like that was pushing the sensations away. I worked with this strange state for quite a while it seemed like, and it ended with me NOT getting out.......

Bummer, as I was really hoping to get out as kind of a personal Holiday gift.

TRG* sings "All I want for Christmas is an O B E"
(ok ok ~WANTED~ as in past tense since Christmas is way over now)

[edit on 28-12-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've had a couple diff types of AP's before( i think,at least) and most of mine are similar to yours River goddess....i can see my body leave in the manner i was laying in bed and I see a ball of light but i seem to not go very far...the first time it seemed as though i left my body slowly and then when i got out it was like i was super fast and tried to leave my room and tried to zip through the window and hit it...then went up towards the ceiling and then fell down but not in my body but below it which kind of freaked me out....the other time i saw what seemed to be an angel that didn't last long..i only saw flashes of what looked like those shadow pictures of people of a woman and child and then my last one i had a couple of days ago was really different from the rest..
I went out of body but I didn't see any ball of light, i then when i was leaving my body it was really tough like breaking through glass(which is kind of what it sounded like) and all i could hear was distorted noises and then i was free to travel....i went to my kitchen and remember knocking some things off a counter(an apple and banana to be precise) and in my head i thought " yes...i did it!" but then realized that it wasn't my kitchen...after that during the day(which i posted in another thread about this) BUT i wondered...what if i had linked into another reality or someone elses space and knocked something off their counter(or my parallel universe's counter)....kind of crazy thought but just a random one at that..but it really felt like i was definitely in my house ready to go out and explore..I would really like to actually go somewhere...????any suggestions for further travels?

I'm just wondering if any one of you guys have documented or experimented with testing the validity of these experiences?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have been reading about astral trave/projection for the last couple of days at an almost non-stop pace. I am absolutly amazed by all of this and wish nothing more than to experience it myself.
I have always felt that out life here on earth is not "all of it" and that there is a higher purpose for all of us, and now I almost feel like this might offer insight into this other world.

The purpose of my post boils down to this: I would like to (in fact I feel like I need to) experience this phenomenon first hand. I have read about many of the techniques and am more than keen to try them out but I was also wondering if anyone would be willing to "take me out" or "show me" the astral world much like was done to RiverGoddess.

Anyway I look forward to your replies, and I hope someone out there is willing to help me. Thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have had pneumonia for the last 10 days or so...........and I am doing ALLOT of laying down and resting, and allot of semi napping.
I keep trying to go OOBE from my very relaxed states but I keep failing.
I am not hearing any sounds, but I get in this floaty can't feel my body state and try from there. I keep failing completely....and after a try I am so fully conscious now I can't sleep for anything.....being so WIDE AWAKE.

So here I am this morning AGAIN thinking to give it a try and I attempt to roll out, and to life out, but I get nowhere but WIDE AWAKE.

I do not have the slightest idea HOW to induce the sounds.
They either come to me or they do not.
I can 'hope' for them, but I have not figured out a way to MAKE them happen.

So Darius19,

The problem with being taken out like I was is that....sure you get to see the other side firsthand, but then you still have to start at step one to learn HOW to do this yourself........and I think its harder to learn when you have already seen the other side and get some preconceived ideas about HOW this should all go about.
I mean just read THIS post................obviously I have not gained very much ground in all this time. I go through a slew of techniques trying to GET OUT........but it still seems to me to be a force outside of myself.
People that learn how to get out on their own have more ability in recreating this event I think. Just read and meditate.....and work through the barriers yourself.
It CAN be done, and it can't be rushed. Believe me I know what I am saying here.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
TheRiverGoddess....I CONGRATULATE YOU on your tobacco success. I sincerely hope it continues.

As for Out Of Body Experiences, the closest I have come to something like that was 20 years ago when I laid down to go to sleep and as I laid down, I kept falling, as if backwards through my pillow, feeling my self coming out of my body. How did I respond? Man, I jumped out of that bed as quick as i could and took off running down the hall as if I was trying to catch up with myself. Ha.

I have to say, I have never experienced anything like that since. It was one of the most unusual sensations!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
well tyvm JDposey.

This upcoming March 08 will mark 3 years since I was able to toss aside the stinky sticks.

I am not sure if quitting smoking had any effect at all on my OOBE practices, but I smell much better

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
TRG.... being sick and all you will have a hard time projecting. Thats just my opinion anyways. But I know I never project when i'm sick.... also if you are very very tired you won't project either.

AP takes a lot of energy and if the body needs to heal it will be very difficult to achieve an oobe.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sorry to bring up the subject of lucid dreaming again but it does feel appropriate I find to post certain things in here.

My lucid dreams have taken a strange twist recently. Basically what's happening is I'm finding myself in my past when I was younger and observing my younger self with my friends when I was around 10 years old (I'm now 26) and I find myself (the 26 year old me) telling my friends what has been happening in recent years such as.. the twin towers incident, Iraq, and other little bits and bobs and then after speaking for a while I'll say 'you'll all see that im right in the future.. right im off, I'll see you all some other time!' and I'll will myself to wake up.

The one I had last night has been stook in my mind all day today and I just cant get over the look of my younger self and how accurate my friends looked from when at a younger age.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Clarky

Funny how you mention that because I use to have dreams like this all the time during my teen years. I would be in the past and know I am in the past. I would explain to everyone what was going to happen yet they wouldn't believe me.

I am glad I am not the only one who has experienced this. It was rather fun seeing their expressions and what not.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
An interesting post indeed. I have a book on astral projection and it talks about all sorts of things affecting it. It interested me because the book wasn't written by monks or anyone who claim to have any kind of spirituality, it was just a few regular american guys. They did a test on one guy who could leave his body on command, they made him go into another room, and look inside a box and wake up and tell them what was in it.

Anyways, in the book it gave some warnings and guidelines..

They say..stay away from powerlines! One individual got suck to the power line, and they had to travel along it all the way to the pole, or the end, and kinda crawl down off of it.

Thunderstorms could cause problems as well.

The temperature also. Something like if its near or below freezing point it can be more dangerous.

I can see why it would be dangerous, I do believe your energy is immortal but what happens if you get stuck to something like the sun? Do you gotta wait until it goes supernova to leave?

They also gave a few techniques to leave your body, either through muscle relaxation, meditation, or unconcious willing. They say it has a big effect if you throughout your day say to yourself "I am going to astral travel", and when you go to bed, say in your mind "I have will, I have power."

They also recommend you either be lieing on your back, or on your right side, ...or left side? i don't remember which side, but it has an affect. When you leave your body, you never reall leave.. they say to actually imagine being tethered to your head, or your stomach, and some people actually report seeing this. This is how when you simply think of waking up, it is instantaneous, because you never left. If you left, I'd think your body would be up for grabs, or essentially.. be dead.

I astral travelled a little while ago and I think it happened entirely because I fell asleep while in a semi-deep meditation.

I noticed 2 things: Its' true as they say, you have no voice! I was yelling trying to wake my room-mate up but I just felt drained the louder I tried t be, the sound was barely audible, its like I was trying to produce vibrations I was un-capable of, at the moment anyway.

The 2nd thing, as I got closer to my room-mate..(He was asleep in his room, his face turned into some horrible ugly, grey being with jagged teeth, it scared the hell out of me and I went back to my body, with a few minutes of sleep paralysis, which was...irritating, it was a struggle. What's interesting is the creature he turned into was something I could see him comming up with in his mind, like a guard dog, I asked him about it actually.

Well I eventually woke up and had to go to work, and I was DRAINNNNED. And I'm a super energetic guy. I felt I was dragging my body for several hours, that is apparently a side-effect. It has such an affect on your body when you come back from those frequencies.

(also I'll just add, my first OOBE if you can call it that, I was young, I just remember I was waking up, and i was looking at the wall, and I remember thinking my vision was higher then it should be.. I was paralysed, lying on my stomach, and I could see the top of my head, all the hair and everything, and then I woke up and my vision was lower. Very interesting. )

.. Done.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just had an OBE this afternoon.

I had a few drinks yesterday so I knew id have an OBE today and I just did. I was layed down on my bed with my arms down my side just planning on havin a little nap more than anything. After about 10 minutes I could feel myself getting heavier and heavier and tingling all down my arms so mentally I slowly eased myself out which proved difficult but as soon as I used the roll out method, I was out straight away. I found myself at the side of our house looking onto the road. Cars where passing by and a few kids walked past and didn't notice me. I went onto the road and let a car go straight through me, then I floated over to our front door, went through it and went into the kitchen to find my mum and sister stood there making sausages.
This was odd as my mum and sister where out at the time. I asked what they where doing and they looked at me and said 'making sausages'. Then I willed myself back. I decided to slip back out so I let myself go and eased myself back out. This time I experienced something a little different. I found myself at the side of the house again and kept going back and forth so one second I found myself floating at the side of the house and then id will myself back and then will myself back to the side of the house. I did this several times intruiged and then just willed myself back and got out of bed and went over to my laptop to type this.

I think I'm going to put a random card out tonight and put it on my shelf incase I have another. I'm determined to get myself some verification.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Clarky,
I have been interested in verifying as well on oobe's.Let me know if you come up with anything. I have had an oobe,I would swear but part of my house after waking out of it I realized wasnt actually my house.Which made me wonder if I had disturbed someone else's house and belongings(cause in my oobe i travelled out towards the kitchen and knocked some fruit off the counter) or if it was a parallel universe I was disturbing?? I really believe it was an oobe but some things were diff like in dreams..

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'll definitely let you know if I get any verification you can be sure of that one.

It's something that seems to be getting in the way with my OBE's. I'll go through the usual process of actually projecting which is so exhilarating and pretty much the same as my other OBE's and then I'll float about but then things tend to happen that make me question that part of the OBE such as if it has then phased into a dream etc... Its as if my environment is exactly the same as the physical when I've projected locally if you could call it that but the people in that environment are actually a figment of my imagination which in turns makes me question the experience as a whole..?

[edit on 15/1/08 by Clarky]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have actually noticed that I go OOBE from laying on my right side MOST the time.......interesting Caveman made note of this.

Last night after about 3 hours of sleep, I began dreaming lucid and just started to project from the dreamstate, and as soon as I started to really move away from 'the dream' I slammed back into my body.
This happened again 2 more times in a row, as I kept going back to sleep into a lucid state.
My 4th try I found myself able to leave the dream and to visit with a person whom I have wanted to visit but they fully believed they were dreaming.....they said a few times that we should get together sometime and I was pointing out that we were together right then and there. It was nice to get to visit them even if they were fully in a dreamstate form of mind.

So I did get out 4 times but not for very long.....

A: I was able to get out even though I am NOT fully well yet.
B: it was SUPER cold whilst I was doing this maybe 10 degrees Fahrenheit

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have been attempting to project myself for the past week. So far, the farthest that I've gotten is feeling intense vibrations that encompass my whole body, but when they happened I got distracted and tried to focus on the vibrations (since they felt so amazing), which caused them to weaken and go away. This happened on my first and third tries.

The past few times, though, I've gotten stuck after feeling my whole body become paralyzed. I try to focus on feeling lighter and floating out of my body, but it seems like it has no effect, and after a while I become mentally exhausted and end up aborting.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to pass this specific milestone? I feel like I'm almost there but don't know how to past the final stage.

I've read through the first ten or so pages, and am slowly going through the thread again and trying to pick up some wisdom to get me through.

As a side note, I've also noticed that I'm experiencing vibrations when I'm awake, much like the ones that I feel when I am trying to project, that I've never felt before. Perhaps something is changing in my body? Or maybe I'm just becoming aware of these vibrations which were already present? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by mayday3]

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join