It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
when the vibrations are really strong make sure your jaw is very lax, maybe even your mouth wide open......

(for some reason the wider the jaw the easier you can get out, for me at least)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Problem with that one is getting dry mouth I find. I usually have my lips sealed but with a small gap to breathe through.

As for tips on exiting, I tend not to focus as such on leaving but sort of slowly sit up as I would normally but much slower and because I'm partly or fully paralysed at the time, my body doesn't follow.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi all.

I'm pretty new here, but I have had some experience with this sort of thing.
I have been interested in OOBEs for a good few years now, with slight success, and would like to share some techniques I have come across over the years.
Forgive me if I am repeating stuff that's already been posted, but this thread is so long, and life is so short.

Firstly, after the deep relaxation has been acheived, I often found it helpful to silence my mind by listening carefully to any sounds in the environment (Even silence).
I feel it is important to avoid feeling annoyed at oneself if the internal dialogue refuses to shut up, as this promotes tension. Just don't follow it and let it ramble on, and it will get bored due to lack of attention (Like a badly behaved child?).

Then I would imagine one of two things.

1/ A tiny light in the back of my head.
Or
2/ Myself as steam rising up from my body, with my consciousness as part of the steam.

Although I have never knowingly managed to consciously project, these methods did get me to the point of the rushing stereo panning wind sounds, and paralysis, which unfortunately for me resulted in my panicking, and I eventually managed to pull myself out with great difficulty, and a large jolt which I think moved the bed I was in.

There were some requests for protection methods, earlier on.
Again at the risk of repeating what someone may have said earlier, I know of a really good method of protection called 'The Qabalistic (Kabbalistic/Cabbalistic) Cross' Which is an excellent preliminary for any psychic endeavour.
Type it into any search engine, and there will be loads of variations for you to try out popping up.
If you have no joy (Unlikely), give me a shout, And I'll type it here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

I.A.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
hi everyone,i come on ATS as a browser a few months ago looking for the usual stuff that gets my motor running(ufos,area 51,bigfoot etc) but recently have had a really hard time with personal promlems,my cat, best friend and soul mate passing has been hard to deal with as he was only young,didnt care about anything else in this life just as long as he was ok,he got taken from me crossing a road near where i live,you start asking questions of yourself and your surroundings and life in general,but to get back to OBE a few weeks ago i had one and since then these are my documented findings(i belive each OBE is personal to each persons spirit)

1)daytime,living room,about 10-15 minutes it lasted,house across the street had 2 cats playing in their front window,couldnt see my body,and view was like i was wearing a very tall hat with central viewing at the top of it,i heard after it happened"youre welcome" in a very hushed tone like very low din sound.

2)black everywhere ,had a sense of my own presence,going forward slightly,yellow slits/bands in front of me in the black atmosphere about 5-6 big slits seperated from each other,as i got closer i started violently jerking backwards and forwards,felt sick with the feeling,unable to control the effects seemed to last around 5 minutes.

3)black everywhere no slits but white figure upper half of body standing in front of me,only thing i could make out on figure was eyes and teeth but couldnt hear no sound,felt incredible joy while it lasted,10 minutes

4)same as 2 but only lasted for less than a minute,absolutly exhausted afterwards and for days to come

i should note to everyone my feelimgs going into OBE were not wanting to come back,no fear,to try and see my cat who had passed over.
the side effects i had were big headaches,rapid heart beats,and feeling totally exhausted for days after at one point during a OBE when i came back i fell on the floor of my physical body because of the effects of rapid heart beat,different feelings work for different people but what worked for me was not caring one bit about possesions,news,life and just letting go.

before i started having OBEs seeing a lot of white little lights flashing when not expecting it in everyday life,like they come from outer nowhere,used to them now,like pinpricks of light about 4 times a day in different locations,not on any drugs,dont drink,dont smoke,too many things for a coicidence,just bought robert monroes cosmic journeys looking forward to the next one.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hi TRG,

I’m stopping in for a visit to ask your advice and your thoughts on a really strange “dream” I had last night. It has some of the earmarks of an OOBE, but in other ways it does not fit. It’s a doozey. (Lol, am really glad this forum is anonymous right now, otherwise it would never be posted, my neighbors would have a field day with this.)

Last night I was kicking back in our livingroom on my favorite overstuffed chair, sitting crossways, head on one armrest, feet up and across the other, warm throw across my middle. TV was muted, my ipod was playing my easy listening favorites on our sound system, laptop was on the ottoman next to my chair and I sipped two glasses of wine as I surfed the net. Around 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM? I started getting sleepy so I got up and let our two dogs out in the backyard for a “last chance for the night bathroom run”, turned off the TV, turned off the table lamps but before turning off the uplights and the ipod music I decided to check the net one more time before bed.

I don’t recall falling asleep, I recall that my eyeslids were drooping, and that I was reading the screen, the next minute I was pulled out of my body with a wind whooshing sound in my ears. I was pulled out into the sky and flying at supersonic or beyond speeds. From a few previous “dreams” I knew that I had no control over where I was going, at least not consciously (if that’s what I was, I definitely was thinking clearly about the situation at the time). The trip ended in a small bedroom with light from the street coming in the window. A small girl was in the bed asleep. I stood there looking at her and realized that though asleep she was communicating with me somehow. She was showing me about her life.

Through her eyes I saw her gripping the gates of a school watching the children inside in the yard, some had musical instruments, some were up on the steps of the building rapping, or whatever it’s called. I looked down and saw she was wearing a mostly gray skirt with light pink and white woven into it, a school uniform. She wanted to attend this particular school but felt it wasn’t possible. It was a special school, and there was difficulty getting into it, that somehow, (she wasn’t clear on this part) her Mother said she couldn’t manage it. She said/mind thing that one day she WOULD attend THAT school; she was angry, frustrated and very determined. She said that she would find a way.

She then showed me that she lived most of the time with an Indian couple and their son, who was her age, (5 or 6 I would guess). And that she didn’t have a father and her Mother let her stay at this friend’s apartment a lot. At this point I finally got a good look at her within one of her explanations (in full light), she had straight strawberry blonde hair, cut at the jawline level with bangs.

Then, here’s the really, really strange part, she told me that she remembers things, and I saw through her eyes camera flashes in her face, people surrounding her, a knowing that she was very well off, she was showing me many instances of what she remembered from what I gathered at that point was living before as someone else. Memory after memory and then I realized who she used to be, and from what I saw of her spirit she will be just as creative as before in this life. (Btw: I have never believed in reincarnation, but, lol, this “dream” was very convincing). She said that the family she stayed with told her that when she remembered these things not to be upset, that to remember is good. It was really just the last moments of that life that upset her and she felt the pain still, in her back especially. She asked if this would go away? I told her that with time it will fade and to let it.

At this point I was standing over her, looking through my eyes again and I bent close to her and told her to have sweet dreams, that all would work out, soothing thoughts to brush away the fear, (all the mothers reading this understand what I said) and then I was pulled back instantly into my body, on the big overstuffed chair in our livingroom.

Whew! That was really intense, hence me writing to you for explanations/advice. My main question for you: Was this a dream or an OOBE? If it was an OOBE, does what you are hearing in a relaxed state direct where you go in an OOBE? ‘Cause the music playlist that I was listening to was mainly John Lennon.

Thanks for starting this thread, I really needed to share this for input, I’m still amazed and don’t know what to think,

STM

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I might be able to answer your question for you. From what you said about hearing a whooshing sound and then feeling your body rushing towards the sky at supersonic speeds makes me think it was an OBE.

Personally I have had the exact same experience of my body rushing towards the sky so fast you cant describe it so I know what you are talking about.

And the few times that that has happened I remember "waking up" in my bed and walking to my door but realizing I could walk through my door so I wasn't really awake yet so it must have been an OOBE. After walking through my door I would shoot up to the sky, if you will. I am pretty sure what happened to me were OOBE's so i'm pretty sure seeing as our experiences were very similar that yours was an OOBE as well.

Hope that answers your question. Hopefully TRG can elaborate with her thoughts.

edit: for more info I just thought of

Sometimes when you have an OOBE the actual OOBE will turn into a dream. A dream is kind of like an OOBE but the difference between the two is the dream imagry your mind creates.

I think that you started out having an OOBE but your mind started creating dream imagry and your OOBE turned into a dream.

On the other hand the girl you spoke of might have been an entity in the astral plane (place you go when you OOBE if you didn't know) and may have been trying to guide you or tell you something of importance.

One way to tell if it was a dream or a full blown OOBE is look around and if things look familiar to you its most likely an OOBE... if you don't recognize anything and the setting changes constantly its most likely a dream.

[edit on 1-24-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

Hi CPYKO!

Lol, I’ve written three separate posts in response to you, and this is the winner. That should show you how unsure I am in regards to responding about this “dream”. If it’s choppy it’s due to all the editing.

I had a hard time going to sleep last night wondering if it would occur again. And I've been thinking all day on how to respond to your post. I’ll put it simply: Everything that you posted I agree with and I thank you for stepping up and going over it with me. The last part that you posted, about familiar surroundings, well, they were realistic and the surroundings were unfamiliar to me. So, shifting over to dream mode is a possible answer as I do not have an address in England to check, and it would soothe my mind to believe so, this is my favorite answer.

I don’t think the little girl was an astral entity, many of her shared thoughts were too mundane, nothing special other than her solid determination to reach where she had been before, like some sort of Gold Fever affecting her. And for the record, I’m doing okay and tend to give, not take. Total 180 from the thoughts coming from her, so I don’t think it’s my subconscious producing my wants, ‘cause they don’t exist other than wanting my new vegetable garden to be super incredible.

And then there’s the long shot, when if 10 – 20 years from now there’s a new sound coming from England, and it happens to be a strawberry blonde girl and an Indian boy in a band? I didn’t mention who the Indian boy was in my dream due to my being perceived too far out there. Be my witness if it happens, ‘kay?

I'm still amazed, I still don't know what to think for sure but I do feel better knowing that someone has had in some ways similar experiences. Please share as many details as you feel comfortable with in regards to your travels ‘cause it sounds as if we’re birds of a feather,

Like I said, choppy editing; I hope it still makes sense,

STM

[edit on 1/25/2008 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I haven't been able to acheive anything for months and months...Since the first few times I tried it.

The first time I tried, I managed to get my body all paralyzed and my insides felt like swirling galaxies. The next time, same thing...Except my head also felt really "buzzy" and I felt dizzy and hot.

Now, every time I try, I just fall alseep. I can't do it anymore. I want to so badly, the feeling was just so good, it just made me feel so happy the next day...but it isn't working anymore!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Seen too much - I sent a u2u. It's a first for me. May I ask what compelled you?

Thanks so much!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hi. I'm looking for advise too. I think I've had an oobe and if that's the case, there are some aspects of it that is confusing me.

First let me say, that I have been trying to get out. I can get to the vibrational state with ease but can't get out. Once I tried to rock out but only got loud creaking noises, which startled me. But I've not had anything of substance to add here until now.

Three nights ago, I found myself walking through my sisters yard at nightime. She lives four hours away from me and it's a trip I take often, but the last time I had been there was Thanksgiving weekend. As, I'm walking these very familiar steps it suddenly dawned on me, that I didn't just drive here and I became very aware that I was dreaming, yet I was there too.

I could see her family room light on. The room has ceiling to floor windows, with no treatments and you can see into the room from outside. It happened so fast, but I looked in the room and I saw an oversized, childs, table & chair set, that wasn't there, the last time I visited. At this point, I realized someone was with me, because I told them, that furniture was never there before and I was going to ask her about it. It was like, that was a no-no or something because it all ended.

Being sisters, we talk all the time. I even knew, back at Thanksgiving that she had ordered this furniture for her Grandaughter, but it had not came in yet. So, I call her and tell her I had a strange dream, where I was at her house and I told her about being outside, looking in. That I saw something in the room that usually isn't there. She asked me what I saw and I told her, on the right side of your stairs, in the family room is the baby's furniture you bought. She said yes it is there.

It gets a bit stranger. My sister's daughter (my neice) lives in another house on the property. She said she awoke the night in question and thought two people were looking in the window at her. She couldn't tell who they were, but one appeared to be a child. She was so scared, that she woke her husband up and made him go look. He didn't see anything, so she made him change places in the bed with her and she chalked it up to a dream.

I told her I don't remember looking in her window, only her mother's.Lol

The whole thing has me mystified. Had I been anywhere else, I doubt I could have realized I was dreaming. I remember when I fell to sleep that night, I wasn't trying to get out but I had a light vibration in my stomach area. I don't understand how I can only remember portions of it. I don't recall getting there - I just knew I didn't drive. I don't recall leaving. I can't even recall who I was with. Is this a one time event? When I realized where I was and that I was dreaming - why didn't I instantly wake up?

Any insights would be appreciated.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

STM...wow I honestly think you are having full blown out of body experiences.
What you described sounds much like 'the teaching experiences' described by Robert Monroe in his books.......he describes being taken places to get a deeper understanding of something he was not really aware of for him to learn from.
I would guess that you have been shown a deeper truth about reincarnation being allot more of a reality than you were previously aware of. (that would be my take on what you described) When you say you saw all this through her eyes I tend to think 'she' is 'you' in another lifetime or dimension...somehow she is an aspect of you.

You described very clearly how it feels and sounds to 'come out of your body' and cruise around in just your etheric body, or your soul body. I to have found it impossible to have any say in where I go or what I see when OOBE......this is super frustrating as there are things I want to go and see so bad I can just about taste them. You say you know from past 'dreams like this' that you have no choice in where you go, so it sounds to me like you have been doing the OOBE thing for a while now.......
SOme folks gain the ability to CHOOSE where they go and I do not know how they get to that place.......if it is meditation, or practice....or just if your ability gets stronger with practice.
We should ask Enyalius this question.

Myrtales Instinct........a couple of times I have no recollection of getting out, I just find myself out doing 'something' but then also do not recall the return to the physical.....when I have those types of experiences I don't record them on this thread for I think others will debunk them as dreams, even though I 'feel' they were not.
How else could you have possibly seen exactly where the child furniture was at? If you were just dreaming dont you think the dream would have been more of doing something with your sister instead of just looking in from outside? I think on many levels we are AWARE of other beings around us, and I think your niece was aware of your visit.......I wonder who the little child was she perceived as well?

Yesterday was my birthday and this Mexican Chocolate Fudge cake my mom made is amazing

Last week my MD prescribed thyroid medication for me and I have been taking it for 4 days and feel MORE tired than ever......I was told this would bring my energy levels up so I am sad to be feeling so extra groggy.
I wonder if taking this synthetic thyroid med will have any effect on my OOBE pursuits.......
I certainly hope not, but I have not even felt the slightest bit of vibration the past few days and I have been deeply relaxed enough to expect to be able to 'get out'.......
I guess I should be researching thyroid problems and how the medication works instead of reading the ATS bored.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I to have found it impossible to have any say in where I go or what I see when OOBE......this is super frustrating as there are things I want to go and see so bad I can just about taste them.

There are methods to overcome this obstacle. On one of Sylvia Browne's astral projection tapes she states that in order to control where you wish to go you should do the same things over and over again in your normal waking conscious state.

For example when you are awake and before bed every night go walk around your kitchen touching and noticing everything as you were looking at it for the first time with new eyes. Run your fingers over everything...the table... the counter... the toaster.. etc.

She says do this kind of thing every night for a few weeks and eventually you will project in the same room you have done this in (kitchen) and once you are in your astral body you will have more control on where you wish to go.

I have tried this a few times and have noticed a bit of success I could control where I was going during the first few minutes of an OOBE but then as usually happens to me after i'm out of body for that amount of time I have a hard time staying out of my body.

Anywhoo... Anyone here who wishes can try that method.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i read about theres 5 dimensions on page somewhere between 20-26 of this thread,well on my earlier post on page 82 i think ive maybe saw the portals for them,yellow slits in the black atmosphere but as i got closer slowly the effects were as if you were on a violent roller coaster and have to stop and physically pull myself back into my body because i felt sick,not been ablt to attempt OBE for a least 2 weeks now because of the over powering tiredness from my last journeys.anyone else saw the slits or portal holes in the atmosphere?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well guys, I am so excited! I just had my first OBE!!! I was working late last night, about 4AM I believe, when I got home, I basically hit the sack hard. What I did was basically watch a bit of TV while I was in bed, with the light off, What happened was that I was so tired that I fell asleep, I woke up again like 30 minutes later and turned my tv off. Keep in mind, that I was sleeping in the exact same position for the whole time. I then kept falling asleep and falling into sleep paralysis, and waking up. Every 10 minutes this happened. Until the 4th time when Finally I felt amazingly powerful vibrations (Keep in mind, I have gotten to the vibration stages but since I was experimental back then, I wanted to see what would happen if I try to force myself out. Obviously it didnt work.) So anyways, I took complete control of the situation and imagined myself floating up and away from my body. I then found myself floating at my physical bodies feet. I also did not see a silver cord, but my room looked different somehow. It was so awesome. The only other time I had an OBE was when I was younger and I basically opened my eyes to see myself floating, in the fetal position next to my bed. In which I freaked out and went back. Last night however, I guess I got so excited that I wanted to wake up and try to comprehend what happened. I woke up and could not sleep for a long time. I will try this again next weekend, using the timer method.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Hi TRG!

Thanks for telling me about Robert Monroe! And btw that's why it has taken me so long to respond, I've been listening to his (not much available on youtube) and his associates youtube lectures in my free time. The My Big Toe (Theory of Everything) guy is interesting as is Taylor. Lol, I'm overwhelmed by all this, and there's still loads more for me to listen to. Fascinating, absolutely fascinating.

Thanks again,

STM

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Something that I was messing about at last night whilst lucid.. I was floating about and I kept turning my head as quick as possible to see if my environment was there behind me with all the same little details, and it was. This is something I find so fascinating and it really does make me wonder.. 'Can my mind really create this environment that quick like in an instant' or am I actually 'somewhere'.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
although different techniques work for different people,it is a true out of body feeling that you will experience if done properly for people viewing this thread for the 1st time,the sensation i get is being openly awake and swirling in the head at this point you feel like your on the edge of a cliff about to jump off with one foot already over,its at this point where you can decide to abort or not,you have feelings of aborting it because it feels dangerous to your physical body as if your slipping under/going into a coma state/body shutting down if you can overcome your nerves then you will feel a thud of your body and everything floating and feeling light then its up to your soul where you go next.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It have been almost 2 years that I have attempted to astral project over different times. There were numerous of time I have almost successful astral projecting, I floated out of my body twice and I was nearly out of my body several times. Often I felt like I strongly must achieve this for many reasons, and yet I have failed to achieve astral projecting in full conscious. I am starting to feel like I am a failiure person myself, but again I am not giving up on it nor I will ever!

However, this is what I have been doing and I believe I may be missing my steps when doing astral projecting. Each time I attempt to astral project, I did not 'try hard' nor 'force myself out of my body', instead I laid my body on bed, keeping my body comfortable under my blanket. I relax my body as much as I could, not moving my body. Each time I relax my body, my mind always though of places I desired to astral project to, in order, to kill the time it takes for my body to become 'almost sleeping' body. At that stage, my body began to feel heavy, but there are one problem. Everytime my body are in near sleeping stage where it felt heavy, my breathing always, i repeat, always caught my attention, therefore having to maunally breath my lung. I have a diffcult time 'leaving' my breathing mode into 'auto-pilot' breathing where I dont have to worry about my own breath and my body would 'breath' my lung itself. Even though I was having a problem with that, I visual myself being outside of my apt., looking at sky while my feet would stand on either sidewalk or grasses and i began to see surrounding us, where it looked like outside of me. Long I do that, there was no process at all. That is what is also my problem, not being able to make any further process. I began to think of different places like flying through cloudy where I felt most comfortable with, and again no process.

So I wish to ask any of astral projecting experts of advice, after realizing it have been nearly 2 years of my practicing, I am not going to give up on this because I have gone too far to stop after practicing for that length of time and I am very determined on achieving this important goal of mine!

Chaoic out...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
keeping your breathing under control does seem to be a problem if you are not relaxed enough,but for the most part the breathing is only a problem when i come back into my physical body,rapid heart beats,very very hot body,you truly are somewhere else,my main problem has been to do with my arms , just before and after i go they feel dead weight and when i came back last week from a journey my body must have not been ready to go back into because i was viewing myself from my head position but my physical head was down while i was not,tried to move my arms, no response,tried again they tingled then they was ok.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I've recently experienced an obe and it was followed by a very peculiar synchronicity. The synchronistic event transpired as follows:

My daughters and I were returning from work. My eldest daughter was in the front seat and was telling me a story of a friend of hers who recently had an accident due to unusual circumstances. As she was driving down the road with her windows down, a wild turkey flew from the side of the road, entered the passenger window, and in the flurry of unexpectedness, wrecked into a ditch. Luckily, she was not seriously injured. The synchronicity was that as soon as she ended the story with the word "ditch", a wild turkey flew in from the side of the road toward the passenger window at approximately window height! I slammed on the brakes and it flew past the front of the car! What is amazing about this is that I've never seen a wild turkey fly. I've never encountered on while driving, and the idea that a near repeat of the event she just described nearly occurred to us as she finished telling the story of precisely the same circumstances, was amazing. We all looked at each other like, "What in the world?" and all started laughing uncontrollably. I would like to know if any has ever had a similar experience following an OBE or a similar experience. Lastly, I'd be most grateful if some could lend some insight into such an event. It certainly calculates as beyond coincidence in my calculus. Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join