It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hmm, I might try this.

If a floaty feeling and a sensation of vibration and buzzing means your close, I've been on the precipice my whole life.

See, I try to get in this mellow statoe of mind and not really think at all when I have trouble sleeping, and get to the point where I feel all floaty and content.

Have I been meditateing without knowing it o.o?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Yes you have. Keep it up

I got 'out' this a.m.........after the alarm went off I napped another half hour but was aware, and I came right out and was floating around near my bedroom carpet so low I could see under the bed. I decided I wanted to go over to Sunflowers house and see what she was doing as it is her birthday and I am planning to join her for her birthday luncheon.
At first I was just staying down on the floor at my own place so I 'thought' myself over to Sunflowers.......and I wound up in her livingroom but it was changed in strange ways, so I think this was an aspect of her in a different dimension.
Anyway I was telling her I was very sleepy and maybe would just sleep through her lunch party, and she told me NOT to miss it, as some important things for me to know were going to be told to me only if I am there to hear them. She has a girl with her that was about 8 years old.......
Then I cam back to myself and I got up and took a shower.

In THIS dimension Sunflower has only a grown son. At the luncheon I did not mention my OOBE to her and decided to let her say something if she was compelled to do so.....

At the luncheon there was this time where we all held hands around the table to see if Sunflower had anything to channel for anyone, and she channeled 3 seperate messages to ME
and ONLY me......
...and then she said she felt the channeling portion of the gathering was over. Mind you there were 8 others attending this lunch, but I was the only person to be given a message.

It was important information that was imparted to me, and I know it will help me in my spiritual practices and growth.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What is it that makes you guys really wanna leave your body? I mean, i'm curious, and I've only suceeded once. I'd love to make it a regular thing BUT...

I keep thinking before I even try... I have no reason to do this.. there really is nothing of great importance. I thought... I'd like to visit some interesting people like a spaceship near my area or something, but then I think... I would just be intruding.. I wouldn't know what to ask them, there is no great question that I wish to ask of them, it is not something that I need, I would just be intruding.

In addition, I can't think of any reason why I would want to explore certain areas I already know of.

I really want to go out of body more but I just can't find the reasons.. I feel I place a great amount of importance on finding my own answers, and developing my spirituality in this waking realm.

I find because I meditate a lot that I remember most dreams and it seems like the activities I engage in there are quite trivial usually, whereas I recall certain dreams asking people spiritual advice on telekinesis or something to that degree.

I want to go OBE.. I try.. but I believe I fail for the simple fact that I just don't see a real reason to.

That and I have a pretty firm need for security.. (maybe its the Taurus-earthy part
?).. I don't posess enough knowledge to venture in the astral plane, as I have already seen that my fears can manifest with ease there, and a great deal of other things are probably there that I don't expect. We fear what we don't know. And I don't know the astral realm..yet. But I believe I understand certain universal priniciples, its just a matter of gaining confidence maybe?

I'm told you need to feel total abandonement of your body, but I have so many important tasks to finish in this life that I am over-protective of it.

I just know I need the knowledge... and I need a PURPOSE.. to go OBE.. I can't do it for novelty, as much as I'd like to. I just couldn't see the point, quite a waste of energy, but I'm sure it would expand my awareness.

So my questions I pose..

Why do you go OBE? Do you have a purpose, or is it novelty? Is it a game, or do you feel you need to do it to expand your awareness?

Do you feel total abandonement of your body, and if so, why? And I understand it's just a body, but don't tell me you don't take care of it. I know no'ones gunna "steal it", but do you just let go based entirely on faith.. or is ignorance..? Or even.. is it knowledge? What great truth have you discovered to ease your mind of this?

Any oppinions would be greatly appreciated, it would give some fuel for my thoughts, and every bit helps. It could be a signifigant help to my developement in this area.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
im sorry, but first i dont see anything here really worth looking into. are you even trying to be serious? especially the caps and hundreds of exclaimation points, theyre not adding to credibility here. all this is going to do is fuel the fire of the naysayers here. sorry, but this belongs in bts, if it belongs anywhere at all.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by forsakenwayfarer]

I have to ask this, don't mind it too much, but who are you to say that it isn't credible when most of the stuff in this forum can't be proven? It centers around belief, and I'm glad that someone took the time to post about the experience, even if it wasn't really true.

So, I congratulate the poster on her OOBE!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have been attempting astral projection for about a year now and have thus failed. I get to the point where everything vibrates, my body seems to sink further into the bed and away from my essence but then it stops. I can easily get myself to that point but nothing beyond that. I have much experience in deep cleansing meditation, so I figured that it would be relatively easy with the correct concentration, or lack there of as the case may be. I am assuming that you need to have your eyes closed, basically going to sleep in a way. However, I have gotten myself to the brink with my eyes open and the room seems to fade away and I'm surrounded in a greyish light. I'm assuming that it is some kind of barrier, maybe due to the fact that I'm open eyed at the time, I dunno. This has been a mission of mine for a while and would appreciate any help. The online guides suck. Please forgive me for not reading the millions of posts in this thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i got up to page 24 before moving to post but its worth going back if your having trouble 'getting out' ,some of the replies are very good and personal ways of going about it seem to be the best,what will work for you will not work for someone else.

it seems that once youve opened the way of doing it ,it is easier to do next time,the sinking feeling the above poster made is correct and scary if youve never experienced it before,it feels like your bodys shutting down and your on the in/outside looking out,this for me is one of the last stages you go through before having a OBE,if i could give any tip i would say its all about letting go,not being concerned about material things or life in general,and not being scared enough topull yourself out of it,because that has happend a lot to me to the point where i would feel frustrated about coming back,so now im not scared and its easier(the fear creeps in about how your bodys reacting to these untried methods)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

to the river goddess congrats on what i`ve been able to do for many years there is much you need to learn before you go to far into oobe`s there are rules and precautions that you need to learn and understand -there are also guardians which will appear at times if they stop you and tell you that you can go no farther please heed their advise and return to your body as at this point your life will end here and now if you don`t listen to them you will never wake up again. I`ve been workimg at learning how to use the dreaming body since i was 5 years old i`ve had some of the best teachers from the native peoples of the america`s i`m now classed as a dreamwarrior or master of the dreamtime what ever you do listen the words of wisdom . Monroes book is a good starting point but there is a lot he has really no idea about and yes i did read it 25 years ago along with the adventures of Johnathon Livingston Seagull here is a unique book for you.contact me sometime at picthewizard@yahhoo.ca-username picrat-mood wildfire-abracksass the guardian-the funniest thing is that i`m english speaking and white and yet my teachers just seem to drop in out of the blue best wishes to you on your endevours

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
When I was a teenager, and very much into everything paranormal, I read Monroe's book and decided I also wanted to get out of my body. I tried and tried for months. Nothing happened. Then one night, I was in bed reading a Agatha Christie mystery, and I felt something happening. Mind you, I was not that much into OBE experiences anymore since nothing had happened. So while reading, I felt my feet and legs "unzipping" and I knew immediately that I was leaving my body. Now I was very scared, did not like it at all. The unzipping proceeded and I grabbed my bed in order to stop it, thinking: no no I do not want to.

And then the unzipping stopped at my hips. Since then I have not experienced anything like this. I have experienced twice body paralysis when awakening, and this was something totally different!

Would I try it again? No, too scary and I do not see the value of it. Only the risks. Back then I was not that scared, actually had not that much to loose.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Having a lot of lucid dreams lately but not having much luck on the OBE side of things although when I'm lucid, I'm always wondering where I am and if I'm actually out of body or what... confusing.

The other night I was teaching a load of people how to fly whilst lucid like I do, most where from my school years but some who I've not seen before. (consciously perhaps)

Then last night I became lucid and was having problems trying to fly higher than most of them where
I asked this guy (not recognised) whilst flying, what happens when he fly's as high as he possibly can, I said does it all become black, he said no, there's white flashes that gradually become more and more frequent until its all white. I kept flying upwards leaving him behind and went through normal clouds and then got to the usual grey clouds that get darker and darker until I reached a point that I usually reach which is quite eery and wierd and was met with that fuzzy static force that gets more and more intense which either makes me decide to fly back down or squint my eyes to wake up. I chose to wake up and layed there with the back of my head kind of feeling all numb for a good minute and then just went back to sleep.

I sometimes wonder.. if it was possible to somehow penetrate this force, would I end up on a different plane or something??? Is this there for my own good?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
OMG IT ALMOST HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!

Alright it almost happened to me, its 12:58pm and about 10min ago it almost happened. I will explain everything

Well i guess about an hour ago i just started to drift away listening to music, i was laying on my bed with covers, and was on my pillow. I had another smaller pillow over my head with my hands kind of crossed over it.

I kept listening to some incubus, later on i guess i drifted away, but i kind of woke up again you know...but i was in a dazz if you will...like still tired but aware, like i could fall back to sleep again. I had the pillow over my head but i peaked out a little to check out my room and what not. I noticed something happening.

I kind of felt like a little pressure on my head, sort of like if my forehead had a huge vain on it that it was going crazy, like blood was pumping in and out of it...i kind of got the feeling that my pillow on top of my head, the vain or what ever you want to call it...the pressure pulsing was moving a little bit, like pushing it up and down slightly...it felt like wow, like i had a heart up there. After that i just realized something crazy was going on, but i started thinking about moving objects with my mind. So i thought about moving my chair new my pc, of course i just created a mental picture in my head of moving the chair since the pillow was over my head and i couldn't see the chair...again the pulsing on my forehead got stronger, i heard crackling sounds in my years ( i fell asleep and noticed that the music stopped before )...this crackling sound was like someone taking like a thin metal and plastic bag or something kind of like aluminum and just crackling it near your ear..just crackling noise, like if you had someone put a bag over your ears...

at that moment i was like holy%^&*#@&*@# omg this is the start of astral. So i just focused on that and trying to get calm and get out, things were getting quieter, and i kind of became stiff a little, but then i became scared, i got the image and feeling like someone was gonna be on top of me, so i stopped out of fear. I realized that and just tried to do it again...i could i did the little forehead pulsing thing, and thought about moving and object in my mind, the crackling noise started again and i came to the point of almost letting go of any fear but i still got the image that in a couple of seconds i would be paralyzed and not able to move ( i tried to tell myself stop being afraid but i dunno it was too late)...and next thing you know i just let go and stop

it didnt happen but man i was so close.........soooooo close and fully conscious of it, i think the best time to do it is when you know you come home from school. I usually just come home from school around 11:30 and take a little nap, i fall right to a dazz or asleep(when you get that tired feeling).

This was so amazing i have to do it again, i will try every time, omg it was so cool i felt the crackling...as soon as a i heard the crackling i noticed this was #%&@& astral travel...

the 2 things i really really noticed was the crackling sounds, and the pulsing...it wasn't even on my forehead it was like a little bit above where the eye brows would be if they were in the center of head and not over your eyes but over your nose area. The crackling was just, i dunno i remember reading about it i remember reading that you would hear crackling...at first i was kind of like wtf is this, but then i realized...i guess i felt like a vibration, especially when i felt like coming outward. it felt like i was getting paralyzed and vibes were coming but slowly and slightly...Dammit dammit i was so close...sooooo closeeee

I think the best chance of astral travel is when you come hone from school or around 3 usually..but for me it is when ever i come home from school i always want to take a nap...loool

i took psychology so i dunno with me feeling like i was in a daze and all but still aware i think i was in either alpha or theta brain wave state...

The pulsing was just powerful, i could literally just feel it right there in the center of my head, like a vein pulsating...i think it must have actually moved my pillow up and down cuz i could feel it with my hands which where above the pillow.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by ATSGUY]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
it seems once its there and you know how to do it ,it gets easier but requires a lot of mental and physical energy,since the last ones i had on page 82 of this thread ive been a lot more tired than usual,ive only had OBEs when ive been on my back but a few days ago i had one where i was lying down on my stomach in the daytime not even thinking about having one or trying to and within a few minutes of lying down i found i was hovering about my body about 6 feet in the air just looking down at myself in my state,it was very unusual just to be able to come apart from your body with little strain on my physical body unlike my earlier OBEs,ive read about pushing with your feet and legs to move places but i just like to float so i stayed floating for about ten minutes,unlike my previous journeys p82 there were no side effects this time like rapid heart beats,headaches,only tiredness but it seems i get more deeper dimensional travelling from lying on my back.

there seems to be a power behind you when your trying for a OBE ,as if you need to keep your energy levels at very high points and if you feel drained more times than not you will not experience one,i know this thread is called conscious obe and in recent days ive found myself feeling the slipping away feeling you get in daytime going about my daily things,and still seeing pin prick dots in the atmosphere of white.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

I tend to get about that far too.... I think some of the anticipation involved ends up killing it for me though as opposed to being scared of something. I dunno, I'm going to keep trying, maybe we can help each other in some way.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by ATSGUY

I tend to get about that far too.... I think some of the anticipation involved ends up killing it for me though as opposed to being scared of something. I dunno, I'm going to keep trying, maybe we can help each other in some way.

Yea definitely, i dunno it seemed like what happened to me today was the perfect time... and all the elements cam into place. If it ever happens again or if i ever do get out, i will do some experiments...i tried doing it again today but i was to excited to fall asleep or drift off...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Very cool thread all, I am in the midst of reading it all now. I wanted to post though and say congratulations, who ever it was that helped you that is so cool. I would like to ask about your son helping you, I had to chuckle when I read this. I say this because I often talk to my 9 year old daughter about topics like this. Did your son laugh at you when you first asked? I think my daughter would actually help me with something like this but would probably be laughing maniacally while doing it.
I am looking forward to being caught up here.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Hello everyone... I'm new here and I'm currently on pg. 34 trying to catch up on the thread. Even pg. 34 is 2yrs ago so it looks like I have quite a ways to go yet. Anyway, I'm really interested in the OOBE and lucid dreaming.
I had a lucid dream over 20yrs ago but that's the only one that I've ever had. Before this dream happened I was aware that if you realize you are dreaming you can take control.

I was in a house and there was this blob creature thing that was chasing me. For some unknown reason I thought in my dream "I'm dreaming". Then I stopped and faced this thing (whatever it was) and I was shooting lightning/plasma out of my fingers at it. When I realized I took control of my dream I got so excited that I woke up and I've never been able to do it since.

I've been trying the relaxation techniques and visualizations etc. for the last week but I've really gotten nowhere with it. The only thing is in the blackness of having my eyes closed and being relaxed, I will see images of people, places, things going on and things like that. This seems to happen right when I'm on that line of falling asleep. They are not clear images however, they are greyscale and in a fog so it's really hard to see but I know what's going on in those scenes. And in those scenes, there's nothing going on that I have thought about, or seen on tv etc.., they just appear and I wonder where these images come from. I seem to be awake at this point as well. I know if I wanted to move my physical arm I could so am I just not
deep enuff into it? If I go deeper then I just fall asleep then I wake up and can't remember a thing.

I know everyone dreams but I can't seem to recall any dreams I've had of late. I don't know what it is or why but I just can't remember. I would almost say I don't dream but I'm sure I do but just can't remember them.

I've been trying the relaxation by lying on my back. There's two problems with that for me. I've never been able to sleep on my back. For some reason my legs go to sleep everytime (burn and tingle). Another things is if I lie there facing the ceiling, after I get really relaxed, my tongue seems to partially close off my throat and I can't breathe that well. So therefore when I sleep, I always sleep on my side. I would assume that you could do this relaxation lying however you'd like.

I tried last night cause I took a long nap yesterday and I couldn't sleep last night. I tried a couple of times but nothing... no vibes, no noises...nothing.
Just the images I talked about above.

I guess I just keep working on it and see what happens???

I've really enjoyed this thread and I'm really facinated with this. I'm really wanting to progress at this so hopefully I'll get the hang of it.

I've read:

Far Journeys - Robert Monroe

Out of body experiences - Robert Peterson (you can read this one online for free here: www.robertpeterson.org... )

Out of body exploring - Preston Dennett

Tony

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
hey therivergoddess...i would be willing to try this with u and try to "yank" you out so u can have a conscious OOBE...i also have a question for u...is it possible to switch places with someone through an OOBE...just wondering

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
[I often talk to my 9 year old daughter about topics like this. Did your son laugh at you when you first asked?

No he did not laugh but he had an odd look on his face. Since that time I have had to share all kinds of spiritual and esoteric information with him.
(in order for him to be more AWARE and less likely to think his mom is a nutjob) He won't read any books I recommend though, but he will listen to Coast to Coast.
I wish I would have shared MORE ideas of this type with him when he was younger so that he would be more open to spiritual en devours. Talk to your daughter asap....for putting it off will just cause her to be more skeptical of such ideas.

reply to post

Originally posted by Osiris1953
ATSGUY

I get so excited when I get to that point that it stops the experience dead in its tracks. You have to remain very calm & passive and not get excited. This is HARD to not get excited about though, when we want it so much and it comes so rare & randomly sheesh

Wow leachbed67 you have read all the best books! keep reading and trying!!

Originally posted by ccraw87
hey therivergoddess...i would be willing to try this with u and try to "yank" you out so u can have a conscious OOBE...i also have a question for u...is it possible to switch places with someone through an OOBE...just wondering

Well ccraw........if your a strong enough projector to be able to offer someone a 'yank'.........then you should clearly be aware that you can NOT switch bodies or even join someone inside they're body. Each body belongs to a specific soul and the ONLY way something can infringe upon your body is if they are invited BY you.
Hey if you want to try and 'yank' me out I am willing to give it a go......as I have done this before and know what to expect.
If you are successful you will be BOMBARDED with requests from other seekers on the site so if it works you may not want me to mention it, nor mention it yourself........................................

.......................just sayin.

Originally posted by CavemanDD
So my questions I pose..

Why do you go OBE? Do you have a purpose, or is it novelty? Is it a game, or do you feel you need to do it to expand your awareness?

I think the most important thing that comes of this practice is the PURE KNOWING that you exist beyond the physical and you no longer fear death.

There is so much you can learn.......there are guides you may speak with face to face, you can actually visit friends & loved ones who have passed over. They can share messages with you if they have any or you can just share love.
You can meet Aliens
You can travel the solar system

You can see and interact with MANY non physical beings.....

Your entire belief system is so radically changed from having this perspective...you become more spiritually inclined and much less 'religious' as you realize our Creator God is not inside a 'certain' building......that Creator loves us ALL with no prejudice.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just for the record I'm a guy. After seeing the question about going into someone elses body a few msgs ago, I thought wouldn't it be strange to be able to that for a few mins in the opposite sexes body? That would be a crazy thought but I'm sure that's impossible. But wouldn't it be wild to see what it feels like to be the opposite sex for a few moments. I've never been able to understand how a woman thinks.
Just kidding... hehehe

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply, I didn't think anyone would take up the question. A very interesting answer. I wouldnt mind seeing my dead grandfather, but I hardly knew him. Maybe I'll do it again one of these days and I'll just take it from there. I feel better equipped now, confident. Its the manifestation of thought which I feel was too much for me to take on, but lately I've been experimenting with that, and I think I'm well equipped for what might face me.

hmmm, perhaps soon, yes.

Thanks rivergodess

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Just thought I'd share this dream... I'm not sure why I didn't realize it was a dream so I could take control but...

I was upstairs in my apt. and went into a room (I think it was a bathroom) but it was pretty large unlike most bathrooms. There was a sliding mirror in the middle of the room. I walked up to it and noticed that my hand would pass through the mirror in certain parts of it which totally freaked me out. SHould have seen that as a trigger I guess but I didn't.
Well anyway, I could speak to the mirror saying "left" or "right" and the mirror would slide in that direction. After doing this for a bit I noticed that the parts I could put my hands through started to get smaller until I couldn't do it at all.
The mirror wouldn't slide and stop in the center so when I would try to move it physically to the center it would move in the opposite direction and I didn't have the strength to hold it.
I stood up and walked around to the back side and put my hands on it and started to pray telling whatever was doing this to leave in Jesus' name. After doing this a couple of times the mirror violently slide out of the frame and across the room and crashed in the corner. About this time my 6 yr old daughter (in the dream) walked into the room and I scooped her up and ran downstairs.
My wife was down there and I was telling her what happened. WHenever I would say I was praying for whatever it was to leave in Jesus' name, my voice would get really deep and doubled when I would say Jesus. It scared me so bad that I freaked out in the dream and woke up with my heart racing and out of breath!

I hate nightmares!!!

I was trying the relaxation techniques when I did lie down but I can never get anywhere with it, I just fall asleep.

TOny

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join