It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I had a dream a few months prior to my first journey's into oobe's in which I became lucid. In this dream I was talking to my grandmother about relatively mundane things on a picnic table behind her house, when suddenly I realized that she was dead, and I stopped talking for a few moments and she realized that I was a little shocked, and she asked me what was wrong. I replied to her that I knew she was dead, and that I knew I was dreaming. She told me that yes in fact I was dreaming, and that she had wanted to talk to me. I remember that she specifically told me that she had come back in the form I remembered her as, which had left me wondering what other forms she could have taken. I remember I asked her questions about the afterlife and other things of that nature (I don't remember the specific questions as this was a number or years ago) but she couldn't tell me the answers. So instead of a deep spiritual learning session, we wound up just talking about my life, how school was going, we talked about my girlfriend at the time, and in general just had a wonderful one on one conversation that lasted what seemed close to an hour of dreamtime, the whole while with me being aware that I was dreaming. I feel like this dream may have been the result of a dispute between my mother and grandmother prior to her death that resulted in my grandmother cutting my mother out of her will as well as my siblings and myself. I had always loved my grandmother dearly and I was not upset with the lack of material gain from the will, but rather the emotional pain of being cut out. I think my grandmother felt she needed to contact me to help me deal with those feelings of pain that I had developed from her actions prior to her death, and when I woke up the next day, all those feelings had gone away and I was left with the memory of the great conversation we had had. I have not seen her in a dream since, so I suppose her purpose in speaking with me was achieved.

So perhaps you will be able to gain some insight from your grandfather, but I'm not sure if oobe's are the best way to go about it, but I haven't had any great successes with oobe myself, though I've experienced a number of them they usually only last a couple minutes at best (looking for help with this on another thread I posted), so I'm no expert. My best experiences with spiritual matters have come during lucid dreams, I guess some would consider these astral projections and therefore oobe's though, so I don't know really. I would say though that you have more to gain than you have to lose when considering projection, and at the very least it certainly does make you feel very joyous the next day as you recall the experience!
reply to post by CavemanDD

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Grizzly Bear

yeah man, thanks. I enjoyed that. It really is a personal thing I suppose. Hmmm, i suppose its just a matter of time before I get really motivated to go throught with it again.

Ok thanks for the reply on that one, very interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Last night I was lucid and was teaching people how to fly and pass through walls etc.. and we was on a beach and I was showing them how real everything looks. Throughout my lucidity, I kept hearing a faint voice in the background kind of commenting on what I was doing and what I'm about to do next. I carried on teaching these people who were my stepdads son's, how to fly and kind of let this faint voice in the background carry on commenting on my actions and then I decided to ask it something and said 'hello who's that?' it went quiet and for a while there was no commentary and then it started again so I asked 'are you my spirit guide by any chance?' which is obviously the first thing that came into my head.. it went quiet again and then when I carried on teaching them how to fly I heard 'Him' say 'no I'm not your spirit guide, just think of me as a colleague'. I was confused and then I woke up.

I'm wondering if this has always happened to me.. to my knowledge I think its just a one off and I'm also wondering if it may of been my thoughts coming across louder than usual or something.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Gee CLarky thats a question for someone more knowledgeable than I.
Where is Enyalius when we need him? Gosh we have not heard from him in a LOOOONG time I am going to send him a u2u to see if he is still around....

Clarky this last experience is really interesting...................I wonder if it was just your own mind or a complete different entity altogether?

I hope you figure it out and share this when you do

[edit on 23-2-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
up to page 35 in this great thread about OBEs,Enyalius,Clarky and TRG thanks for contributing so much knowledge,some of the stuff im reading i cant belive it has happend to a lot of other people in the same way,on one of my earlier OBEs when i came back into my body my legs was stuck out so much over my bed they were bent over?has anyone tried having a mirror with them when they go astral?and looking into it when your out?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
could anyone yank me, maybe? i've been trying for a while. name's charlie. i live in savannah, ga.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Not last night but the night before, I had a few minor sperations that didn't really go anywhere apart from the last one.

I was in my usual half paralysed state and carefully eased myself out and headed through my bedroom wall and onto our street. I worked my way round the corner of our street and at the same time I was a little anxious of how far to go. I looked up at the sky and it was black but I saw something which I've seen before a few times which is that the sky was a much more darker black if that makes sense and the stars and moon where much brighter and twinkled more and it was like there was no clouds or at least none that where visible to me at that moment and as well as these stars there where other objects that looked pretty much the same but that shot all the way across the sky and some sort of spiralled across the sky really fast. I was stood there for a good 30 seconds just thinking to myself.. 'are these shooting stars? ufos? or even other people flying about out of body pssibly? or something else. After a while of just staring at all this activity in the sky totally fascinated by it all, I willed myself back.

It got me thinking though... I wonder if its much easier to notice these things when out of body? and maybe that's why I never really see much cloud when out too? The next day, I was stood at the bus stop and was looking up at the part of the sky that I was looking at whilst out of body and thinking to myself 'I wonder if there's something going on right now up there that we just cant see with the naked eye..?'

[edit on 28/2/08 by Clarky]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Right... I had a drink last night so an OBE is pretty much guaranteed today. I'm going to lay down for a nap as I feel really tired and hungover and I'm going to try projecting. My intention is to project and see what time it is on my laptop. I'll report back later.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
William Buhlman on Coast to Coast tonight. He is a Master of OOBE...... and is pretty interesting.
He is discussing how pregnant mothers can communicate with the unborn child via OOBE...........and learn about this new person they are about to give birth to. This is all new information to me so I thought I would mention it here.

OHHHH MoonbeamCat if you look into a mirror when you are OOBE it is an instant doorway into the astral realms. I have BIG mirrors in my bedroom and try so hard to avoid them when I get out hahahahaha but I do get sucked into them sometimes. Even the slightest glance at the dang mirrors and WHAM I am tossed into some astral plane of the mirrors choice.
I am thinking this has MUCH to do with the Alice and the looking glass stories.......somehow that writer was TRYING to share some real and actual information about places you reach with the use of a mirror. This is not something you dream up, it REALLY HAPPENS

[edit on 6-3-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hmm interesting, not heard of that before about being pregnant.

The other day, I didn't end up having an OBE and none at night either so nothing to report there, oh well..

I remember the OBE I had where I was looking into somebody's mirror and noticed my reflection but I was floating a foot off the ground with my eyes rolled right back. I've not attempted to go into any mirrors that I'm aware of but its something I'll now be more aware of if the opportunity arises.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I am adding a link here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thats to a thread on this site about a FREE live online and interactive class starting March 9th...this coming Sunday evening.

The class is on ~~DREAMS AND OBE~~

Maybe we can all learn something new and powerful to aid us in this OBE quest??

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i never knew the mirror acted like some kind of portal TRG ,is it any more vertigo like through the mirror than it is out? when i had my first OBEs i was in so much stress and turmoil that the places i went were very deep and far away,i mean it actually felt miles away from earth itself,its only recently that ive had a normal OBE and stayed hovering over my body trying to not fall on top of myself,clarky its funny you should say that about the eyes rolled back,when im out your eyes seem to have sunk a little into the back of the sockets,also do you both get the heart feeling (as if its stopping or going on another course your body has never experienced)?,do you ever feel like youve come back with something like a extra sense) the looking into the mirror thing sounds good,if its a small mirror.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I want to AP or an an OOBE but at the same time im afraid of whats out there, its not really rationally explainable, just every time I try to AP, I feel physically terrified, and I immediately stop, usually breathing heavily afterwards. Anyone else have similar experiences?

EDIT Ive been here for a couple of years now, reading peoples posts as a guest, not posting much and when im reading other peoples accounts i feel a bit freaked out, I think I have some issues to work out first.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by joecool280]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I am hoping to get some advice on something that happened to me last night. At one point I woke up with a loud sound in my head and a feeling of cold all around me (it was a strange cold, tingly). I actually thought that a door or window had somehow been opened in my house. Is cold sometimes a prelude to an OBE...something else?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hello to all.
I've been reading this thread off and on several days now and am wowed. Most of my obs were before I knew what they were and it scared me to death. Then I found Monroe and others and hated the fact that I had prevented so many trips -on purpose.
What I am curious about now are all the programs etc. available on the market to help people get out. I KNOW NOTHING IS NEEDED to get out/ I am interested in hearing experiences of anyone who used things like the Gateway--Wave 1-6 (Monroe Ins.) or Buhlman's stuff. Also has anyone been able to AFFORD to go to any of Buhlman's retreats or the ones at Monroe Ins.? What was it like? While I'm asking--has anyone used a Frank's Box or Stephen Leberge's goggles? Would love to hear any experiences.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

feeling any tug or touch on the silver cord should trigger a survival instinct move if not yell home home home and head back a.s.a.p. there are those who would cut it to take over you no hesitation or you may never wake up again forever lost in the dream time.the sword in the stone and the rod and the staff are weapons which must be crafted or made in the physical world so that they may be used in the dream time ,both are incredible weapons but the first time you pull them they seem extremely heavy it takes time and practice in the dream time to become fully adept at using them.most times you do not need to fight with them all you need do is what the natives call counting coup or stand your ground and touch that which is after you . there is only one problem with the dreamers staff and that is that it can only be used once then it must be destroyed and a new one made, if you use it twice it will re-unleash that which came after you in the first place.one other major problem you may encounter is a feeling of being wrapped up and your breath being bear hugged out of you all you need do is yell for help and see the light and chose it one off us will answer that call and pull you safely to freedom. the dream time is very beautiful and at the same time it can pose a few problems and set backs don`t fear it embrace it as it is a part of the path of spirituality-higher learning and the quest for the true knowledge not thew falisies of the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just had an OBE

Well.. last night I drank a fair bit of alcohol so I just had a lay down to get rid of my hangover and to try having an OBE. I was layed down on my back with my arms down my sides and head not on my pillow (my new sleeping position and I'm finding I'm having better sleep in this position and it seems much easier to project from paralysis). I was layed there half paralysed and was in that state where I decide to gently sit up but not physically and so I did and this time seemed so natural and smooth. I started experimenting with slipping in and out seeing if there's any jolt as I return but there wasn't. I slipped out and headed for my door, went straight through it no problem and everything was exactly how it should be and the detail was just like what I see now. I looked through the window and tried to verify a car numberplate for when I return and just managed it as the letters and numbers kept swapping about but I read it by closing one 'eye'. I looked at my arms and hands and noticed a thin blue glow around them (favourite colour too) and when I moved my arms up and down, it was kind of slower than usual. I looked in the spare room and noticed my dad getting changed in there so looked the other way
I went into the bathroom and tore off some toilet roll and put all my effort into throwing this in front of his face to get his attention. He noticed it and grabbed it as it was floating down and looked up at the ceiling. I tore some more off and did it again and he did the same thing looking confused. My mum walked upstairs and she was stood talking to him. I put my arm out in front of me and put it into my mums head and shaked my hand about a bit, I didn't feel a thing when I did this and she didn't notice anything and just carried on talking. They went downstairs and I was stood there on the landing and at this point I just decided to return as I couldn't think of what to do next.

On awakening, I looked out the window but there was no cars outside. However... about half n hour before I layed down, my dad was in the spare room getting changed which I knew about and my mum was on the landing talking to him.

When I was out, I thought to myself, imagine if when you die, your stuck in this state forever and was thinking.. I wonder if there's certain circumstances when you die that lead to you staying in this OBE state possibly trapped between reality and the next stage. I love having OBE's but sometimes when everything isn't quite like being awake ie: a bit blind or slow movement, I don't think I'd like to be stuck in that state. Which also leads me to think about ghosts. Too many questions...

[edit on 16/3/08 by Clarky]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
does anyone know of that gland in the front of your head where scientists and morticians dont even know the reason for having it,its about the size of a small pea,every human being has one but they dont know what its used for,im thinking this cold be your astral vision when your out and the size of it and lack of use it would be a little blurred.

TRG,Clarky,nova and anyone else interested..didyou know when your born a chemical releases itself like inplants and when you die the same chemical is released,...plants go through seasons and changes where they die off for a few months before growing back in a new period,do you think it may relate to humans in any way?

i was watching a ant the other day carry a deceased ant back to its nest,even the smallest insect knows about life and emotions,really makes you think..

good post clarky,most of the time i come back into my body after like a minute because im very exicted about being able to do it,the dimension your in when your out i think differs for people,some people want to see there street or areas they know where i wanted to see my recently past on cat,its that feeling you get when your abroad on holiday that your far away from your home,but this felt miles millions of miles away,but sooner than you thought about coming back your back(although heavy breathing,very hot,exhausted)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
When I've projected and I'm floating about the house completely conscious of what I'm doing and aware that I'm actually asleep in bed, I often think to myself at that time.. if a ton weight dropped on my head right now, would I just remain here and end up as a ghost? and also... what if the only way to experience more than death would be to be in this state and if your not or if you don't consciously decide to project as your dying then that's all there is with no afterlife. Its a heavy thought I know but what if all those ghosts that people have seen took it upon themselves as there dying, to project? and of course, can't return to there physical body.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
2 days ago I had surgery for double hernias......and as the anesthesiologist was starting to put me down I told him to dose me up for an OBE and he asked what I meant. After explaining to him I asked him how many of his patients would talk about an OBE and he said so far NONE ever had. I found that odd. I would think he had heard of at LEAST one, I mean he is an anesthesiologist for goodness sakes....but he had no idea what I was talking about, or he did a good job of pretending to have no knowledge of such.

I have ZERO recall of being put out, or being out, or even coming back.

The last couple of days I have been on some hard core painkillers and I have to report that NOT ONE OOBE has happened because of this.
Not one.................sad.

I would think that if you can and do have OOBE's happen, that if you get knocked out on pills or something it would be more likely that you have the experience.........but I guess I am wrong.

Instead of OOBE I am having a terribly upset stomach.....ugh......blecky.....and GAG.

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join