It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have covered my perspective in a thread here if you are interested.

As well as in my ATS blog.

Again, Im linking to these as reference if you or anyone are interested as not to keep reposting the same material over and over.

But having had an O.B.E. and a N.D.E. it made me question what was going on...along with everyone who has "different" stories in their N.D.E. (i.e. are they lying or telling the truth that they went to Buddah heaven when a Christian went to heaven and a heathen to hell.)

I dont think they are lying, but it stumped me.
In short, if you dont want to read my bits on the above links here at ATS, I think they wer telling the truth, but it was the mind doing its 'magic' of projecting.

Our mind is a wonderful machine...maybe we need to master it before finding that which 'exist' beyond that? (and I dont mean master by thinking...the tool - thoughts - currently control us...but enough for now, if you want to read more, you have the links.

Enjoy.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

Originally posted by goddogo1
just an active imagination.

I love it when people say that.

Tell me, goddogo, can you explain imagination to me? Can you explain a daydream? According to what many scientists say about dreams, a daydream is not possable. Your eyes are open and there is no REM. Tell me how it is that a person can stare at an object and see an entire scene play out before them. Tell me how a mans imagination told him how to use electricity, and how another mans imagination came up with the lightbulb, airplane, car, computer, lifesaving devices, etc.

just an imagination

Tell me also how you would feel if one day you were in a room with no radio, no tv, no one talking, study hall perhaps. You went into a daydream.....only to watch the news that night and see the same thing, but you know the rest of the story. How would that feel? Then think about how it would feel knowing that if you told anyone they would think you were crazy.

I understand that everyone has their opinions. Proving this is like proving to a blind man that the sky is blue. You cant. Everyone has opinions, it is how a perston states them that tells who they are. Thank you for stating yours nicely.

en.wikipedia.org...

This might sum up that their is a definition to this mysterious word.
See you used imagination to write that reply to me. Did your mom ever tell you to think before you speak? My mom shure did. See imagination is all part of the human experence. Its just that some people go to far with it. Like what kind of imagination thought up the sciences. Remember it was imagination that got us to the moon. Reality took us their. I cam imagin what ou might look like. I can Imagin what my car would look like with 20 inch rims. See it is not that hard. And another thing if what you say is true and we do not have imagination or cannot even imagin what thing might be or could be etc. then tell all thoes kids in school that their dreams and images of growing up as what ever they want to be in life is all just bull and they are retarted for even thinking so. That is funny right wrong. What do you believe that the man who first produced the first manufacture of cars was having and obe and because mars and jupiter was in perfect alignment that it sprayed moon dust from mars and entered him and boom now we have Ford motor company? I mean please don't get me wrong I want to know what the deal is with this obe, but no one hase any tangable proof of this. Just some stories of people. They might be telling their truth but in this world that we live in we need something to hold on to as proof. Buy hey thanks for your reply on my post.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
WOW this is a cool thread, I only read the 1st few pages so far but going back for the rest later. I have been trying for almost 25 years to have OBE, I know I can being I used to as a kid, but now for some reason it's much harder. I think one good tug and I may remember how I did it.

Now to find a guide back, thats going to be hard I think.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hello ever one

I read a lot of this topic and it intersts me please if any one is out there i whould love to do OOB..

I whould love to exprinase it frist hand and be able to thank the preason as did theRiverGoddess Please help me i have tryed for many years to do it and have not hade any sucsess thank you.. for reading

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I have had hundreds of experiences where I was half asleep, or totally asleep, then a feeling of "shrinking" maybe? Feeling it in my belly, back and shoulders.

Then, from a minute spot and perspective, (totally aware), the sensation and view of moving up the wall of the room, to where the wall meets the ceiling, then usually to a corner of the room where 2 walls and the ceiling meet, and just staying there, until finding myself sitting up, waking up, or whatever.

Anybody know what I mean?

Since I was a small child.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Horrificus I know exactly what you mean........this is what I experiance when I am OOBE and floating around my room....at times I will just hang out in the corner of the ceiling and look around. You are having O.O.B.E you are experianceing your souls seperation from your physical body!! awsome hu?

This morning after waking I was keeping my eyes closed, and thinking over this dream I just had and thinking about the person I was dreaming about. I was spelling out their name in my mind and was trying to 'go to' them.......
I had success in actually feeling a bit of motion and in hearing the sound pulse a few times....but I never fully came out.
This was close however.......and I about NEVER can do this just because I want to, or at will. It happens randomly.........so this was a BIG DEAL to me to be able to come because I wanted it to happen.....and tryed to make it so.

Today is my first day fully back on food again after doing ~The Master Cleanse~..............for some odd reason I hardly ever OOBE during the cleanse. One would 'think' that during a detox and cleanse that one purified you might OOBE easier but I have not found this to be the case for me. Maybe other people would have a differant experiance......

goddogo1 you just keep on telling yourself whatever makes you 'feel most comfortable'............when you pass away from your body in this lifetime you will finally SEE & KNOW DIFFERANTLY, and at that time you will might actually learn how very wrong you are in your thinking.
It is not my place to educate you in this thread, and I am not going to try because obviously your 'all knowing and all seeing' and think it is your job to educate the rest of us
with your profound wisdom

If you have nothing more to add than your own personal 'ideas' and have nothing to actually back up your claims I will invite you to do some homework. Maybe making your own thread on exactly WHY this is not a real experiance and how it is all in our heads is something you may want to consider.... I am inviting you to do just that, and to no longer muddy up this thread with your lack of knowledge.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
thought i`D just share my experience. When i was 16 i became really interested in the subject and i remember printing out hundreads of pages at school about all the information i could find about dreams and astral projection. I first started with writing my dreams down every morning, and this helped me remember alot more dreams. I was amazed that i could remember up to 5 different dreams each night, when i had been thinking sometimes i didnt dream at all, or maybe got one or two here or there.

Then after just spending alot of times writing down dreams, and hoping to turn lucid, i had a dream where, suddenly i knew i was dreaming. My first lucid dream! It was a happy moment indeed, i remember first thing i tried to do was fly, but i had too much doubt and fear, so i ended up jumping, and crashing down on the ground, but i was still happy about the whole thing the next morning!

I belive a half year went, and i probably had up to 10 lucid dreams in this period, i was still writing everything down. And it amazed me just how much i actually dream every night! And all the crazy stuff i actually did dream is entertaining enough to keep me writing.

Anyway, i thought it was time to try out OBE, after a coupple of tries i did get to the vibration state. It was intense, my heart (or chakra?) was pumping, i was too scared to let myself go, i felt like i was going to burn up! I kept trying more and more, but like many others, i just couldnt seperate from myself.

I kept thinking alot about the subject though, and i was always reading other peoples experiences. THen one night i kept having interuptions (phone calls) that caused me to wake up multiple times with short hours of sleep inbetween. And the last time waking up it was because of the fire alarm (my mom had been out partying, and put the heat on the stove on maxium. The whole living room was smoke and my mother was passed out (drunk) on the couch just snoring. Luckily there was no fire, just alot of smoke. So i managed to turn it off and get the smoke outta the windows and walked my tired ass legs back into my bedroom.

At this moment i think it was about 3 AM. I was now extremely tired from running around, yet i lied awake for a little while in bed, in a really emotional state, just thinking about how bad it could have happened if i wasnt home that night. Anyway, i fell asleep. At one point in a dream i never really remembered what was about, i got the "im dreaming" thought. I became lucid (for what reason i dont know, it just happened) And the same second, FLAM! a white flash, and i was back in my bedroom, in my bed. Without being able to move. 1 second after this, WOOOSHHHHH, i float out of my body without even thinking about it. Im 100% aware and i feel extremely happy at this point, as i float up to the ceiling, where everything gets dark. I think about my body and i return to it. As soon as i return, i float out again, WOOOSH! (yes there was a sound like WOOSH everytime the seperation took place) And i basiacly just floated up and down in my own bedroom for a coupple of seconds, and then everything kinda faded into dark, and i probably entered some un-lucid dream world after that, i dont remember. It was super awesome though, i felt like a ghost or something

I did however remember everything the next morning. (not immidiatly, but at the breakfest table) as i was eating cornflakes. "hmm what did i dream tonight... oh HOLY CRAP I HAD AN OBE!" milk almoast went out my nose.
It was one of my happiest days

Its been 2 years now and i havent had one experience. I also stopped writing down my dreams and now i dont remember many anymore. Lucid dreams has been going downhill along with this aswell..

However, this thread sure encourages me to get back to my little "dream hobby" and i would like to tell everyone else that are having problems astral projecting, my advice is:

Read as much as you can
Know you can do it and acheive it through dreamscaping

Patience, its worth it !

[edit on 17-2-2007 by pekle]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What do you believe that the man who first produced the first manufacture of cars was having and obe and because mars and jupiter was in perfect alignment that it sprayed moon dust from mars and entered him and boom now we have Ford motor company? I mean please don't get me wrong I want to know what the deal is with this obe, but no one hase any tangable proof of this. Just some stories of people. They might be telling their truth but in this world that we live in we need something to hold on to as proof. Buy hey thanks for your reply on my post.

Im not in anyway saying we do not have immaginations. What I am saying is that you should not underestimate it, because you have no idea, what the mind is capable of doing. That goes for everyone. You as well as many others, live with in a comfort zone that you have created out of boundries/limits. You limit what you see, what you hear, what you experience, and most of all what you believe. In reality, limits are nothing more than illusion. We are controll freaks. By placing limits, you create an illusion of controll. You have some sort of controll over a physical body. For instance, if I were to try to hit you, you could try to controll the situation by hitting back, or blocking. You know how to controll that type of situation. You do not know how to, therefore you can not, controll something that has no physical form. Lack of knowledge and lack of controll = fear. Ergo, you create a limit.....I can not move about with out my body. Voila you have a comfort zone. It is purely imaginary, but you lack fear, and gain controll so your happy.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
TRG asked me to repost this here because I had questions... I have been following the advice of another OOBE thread here... they have been playing with bwgen (brain wave generator). Seems pretty decent but I am a newbie on this ...here is the link if anyone wants to review what I have been following.. it appears dead and I got no reply .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I tried the latest uploaded bwgen preset " You want OOBE you got OOBE" or something close. Did nothing for me

Then later on I used "Dream Minds VI"...got something.

Sitting in a comfy chair, my first attempt I closed my eyes and after about 11 minutes I kept drifting off, so I went to sleep.

Next attempt with same preset, same chair... I decided to focus my eyes on a blank space on my white wall...about 15 minutes into it, I seem to have fallen asleep? with my eyes open.. if thats possible. It felt like when you doze off and you start to feel like you are falling and your body jerks and you wake up. This happened 3 times and as hard as i tried not to flinch it still happened...keep in mind I am 100% sure my eyes were open.

I would start to "fuzz out"like you would see with your eyes closed and then start to feel like I would start to fall... I know I felt very different than my normal resting state. I feel like I am close to "something", whatever that is I don't know.

I also noticed that my arms and legs were trembling and when I removed the headphones finaly, I could here some sort of tremor or something aurally as well as my muscles vibrating .. hard to explain.

Any one have any ideas or advice on how to get past this automatic reaction of jerking myself back?

I am thinking that maybe if I got past that, I would fal into some altered state or something.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments here.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I found that the most helpful way to leave the physical (for me) is to "roll" to the side when the "vibration" starts... not sure if this is helpful...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Personally I've not tried any of the generators available and have always had OBE's spontaneously throughout the night at some point. Ive got the hemi sync mp3's but just listened to it to see what was being said more than anything. I read that when your body jerks, its your mind way of checking to see if your body is asleep. I think this is right and from experience when I get this jerk its usually when I start experiencing the beginning of flash imagery. Its strange cos I usually lay there and stare into darkness waiting for the first image to pop into my vision and then when this happens I'll get myself more comfortable and know that within the next five minutes I'll be asleep. Every now and then though I'll get that jerk but rather than it being one of my legs, it'll be around the upper half of my body which I don't particularly like at all.. I often wonder which parts of your body become paralysed first before dreaming? does it start at your toes and gradually work its way up your body to your head.. I think it probably does.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have had big problems traveling grater distances during my astral travels. I have tried to go to the moon a couple of times but the speed is too much for my mind, I mean it´s scary and I always pop out of it. Always wanted to check out that base on the far side that people are talking about...

Did anyone of you guys managed to do this, please tell me.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hi Goddogo,

I won't try to convince you that OBE is more than a product of an “overactive imagination” After all, we're all entitled to our opinions and there's nothing wrong with a little healthy skepticism when dealing with the unknown.

I will however offer a little food for thought. As you seem like a fairly rational fellow I hope it will at least convince you of the value of the OBE experience (whatever you may believe that experience to be, spiritual, mental or otherwise.)

First of all lets start by establishing that while there's still no solid scientific proof that we actually leave the physical body during these experiences there's certainly scientific proof that the OBE is a unique experience different from normal dreaming.

Stephen LaBerge as well as other sleep researchers have studied people who claim to have Lucid Dreams and OBEs in the sleep laboratory. By asking his subjects to perform certain complex eye movements during their experiences and using and EEG to record these movements he was able to prove that these people are in fact conscious and in control of there actions at the time they claim to have had these experiences. Here is an excerpt from his paper Lucid dreaming: Evidence that REM sleep can support unimpaired cognitive function and a methodology for studying the psychophysiology of dreaming published in Behavioral and Brain Sciences 2000.

"Although lucid dreams have been reported since Aristotle, until recently many researchers doubted that the dreaming brain was capable of such a high degree of mental functioning and consciousness. Based on earlier studies showing that some of the eye movements of REM sleep corresponded to the reported direction of the dreamer's gaze (e.g., Roffwarg et al. 1962), we asked subjects to carry out distinctive patterns of voluntary eye movements when they realized they were dreaming. The prearranged eye movement signals appeared on the polygraph records during REM, proving that the subjects had indeed been lucid during uninterrupted REM sleep (LaBerge 1990; LaBerge et al. 1981).

...The eye-movement signaling methodology mentioned above forms the basis for a powerful approach to dream research: Lucid dreamers can remember pre-sleep instructions to carry out experiments marking the exact time of particular dream events with eye movement signals, allowing precise correlations between the dreamer's subjective reports and recorded physiology, and enabling the methodical testing of hypotheses. "

I can't prove to you exactly what might be happening to us when we have these experiences... although I have my own theories. But I think in the face of the evidence above, even the most scientifically minded individuals should be able to admit there's a perceivable difference between normal dreaming and the lucid dreaming and OBEs that some of us experience.

Now regardless of whether we feel these experiences are happening solely with in the mind or outside of the physical body, it's obvious that there's a huge potential benefit to being able to control ones thought and actions while asleep.

We can work out problems, gain access to the deepest parts of our psyche, face our fears, rehearse life situations ahead of time, overcome handicaps, experience things we may never otherwise experience and even live out our wildest fantasies.

Imagine if everyone could master this ability! We may all be happier, healthier and more well adjusted. However you choose to look at it, it's certainly a skill that's worth learning. I encourage you to try some of the techniques mentioned in this thread to develop the skill on your own and reap the inevitable benefits. I would be much interested to here your thoughts on the subject after having a few of your own experiences to reflect upon.

Peace
Mitzella

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Update...

Last night I had what is by far the most wonderful experience ever apart from what happened at the end.

I was having lucid dreams on and off throughout the night and then a few hours before I was due to get up for work I had either a very lucid dream or I was somewhere else.. astral/another planet? I'm really not sure but the experience was out of this world that's for sure. I didn't experience projecting but found myself on a beach somewhere and there was a long pier and there was me and this guy who I don't know and we was having a conversation about something or other (i wish I could remember this part) I was completely lucid at the point. At the time I was thinking the usual (my body is asleep in bed yet I'm here talking wit this guy and everything just seems 'there' as if its always been 'there' and doesn't feel like my mind is creating any of this at all).. I decided to do a bit of observation and I looked up at the sky and noticed there where several planets in the sky, they looked just like when you can see the moon on a clear summers day and all varied in appearance with some being brighter than others, the sky was blue and there was like a mist in the air and I could really feel the warmth on my face and hands and then I looked behind me and saw what I can only describe as 'Earth' and this was slightly bigger than the view we get here of the moon. I was stood there mesmerised trying to take it all in and wondering where I was, if anywhere.. when all of a sudden this happened...

I felt my physical body taking a big breath of air and knew I was waking up and then my eyes opened like usual and I was expecting to see my bedroom but instead I was layed on a different bed, in a different room with 2 people sat beside me looking at me. I totally freaked out and didn't know what the hell to think for a few seconds and then Bang!! it felt like someone had smacked me straight in the chest and I woke up in my own bed and in my own room. I got up out of bed and didn't know what to think and was quiet for the next hour or so feeling pretty shaken by it. Its easy to think 'ah it was just a dream' but when I woke up or should I say thought id woken up it felt exactly like when id usually wake up. The experience before was truly amazing but my god I dont want to experience the other part ever again.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening to anyone before or know what may of happened?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

What do you believe that the man who first produced the first manufacture of cars was having and obe and because mars and jupiter was in perfect alignment that it sprayed moon dust from mars and entered him and boom now we have Ford motor company? I mean please don't get me wrong I want to know what the deal is with this obe, but no one hase any tangable proof of this. Just some stories of people. They might be telling their truth but in this world that we live in we need something to hold on to as proof. Buy hey thanks for your reply on my post.

Im not in anyway saying we do not have immaginations. What I am saying is that you should not underestimate it, because you have no idea, what the mind is capable of doing. That goes for everyone. You as well as many others, live with in a comfort zone that you have created out of boundries/limits. You limit what you see, what you hear, what you experience, and most of all what you believe. In reality, limits are nothing more than illusion. We are controll freaks. By placing limits, you create an illusion of controll. You have some sort of controll over a physical body. For instance, if I were to try to hit you, you could try to controll the situation by hitting back, or blocking. You know how to controll that type of situation. You do not know how to, therefore you can not, controll something that has no physical form. Lack of knowledge and lack of controll = fear. Ergo, you create a limit.....I can not move about with out my body. Voila you have a comfort zone. It is purely imaginary, but you lack fear, and gain controll so your happy.

Trying to mock me nicely still is concetered mocking. You have no idea who I am or what I am like. You just know me by goddogo1 and maybe my name but that is it. You have no idea what my limitations are. You have no Idea what I have experienced in my life. You have no right saying that i lack some knowledge. That is making fun of me but doin it nicely. That is bull and you know it. If you "are" this all knowing all powerful entity. Why are you making fun of somebody. I live my live to the fullest and I try not to control any one elses lives. If you did not direct that straight at me then srry. But then post that stuff with out my name in it. Good luck on your obe travels, and tell Gulliver i said hello.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Mitzella......that was a wonderfull and enlightening post! Thank you so much for adding such quality information to this thread!
I gave you a WAY ABOVE vote FYI

Thanks also to Arkangel4time for adding the BRAINWAVE GENERATOR link.............the more info we gather here the stronger our knowledge base becomes!!!

[edit on 23-2-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wow, Thanks Riv. Glad I could contribute something worthwhile.
Mitzella

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I cant get over some of the stuff mentioned on this website I've just been on, its basically a chapter grabbed from the book 'the synchronised universe' by Dr Claude Swanson. I can so relate to it all, he talks about your astral body and its effect on things electrical.. its so true! Its always a struggle to pass through anything electrical and sometimes when passing through walls I've had that strange shock and had to turn back. And as for me wondering what that eery electric is all about scattered in and above the clouds.. well... this site may of just answered that one for me.

I think I might have to get this book.. btw - I'm about half way through that book I bought.. 'journeys out of body' its a really good read isn't it. I've been reading a little bit of it just before going to sleep each night.

Heres the link..

CLICK

[edit on 26/2/07 by Clarky]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Odd experience last night..

I woke up semi paralysed and usually when this happens, I'll feel all the warm tingling and I'll try sitting up (astrally) but on this occasion I could hear lots of whispering. As I layed there I was able to either snap out of it or if I just let myself go/drift for a few seconds then the whispers would start up again. I didn't really feel any presence close to me but I could just here all these people whispering in the background. After listening to this for a good 20-30 seconds intrigued but not being able to make any sense out of it.. I got out of bed, got myself a drink of water and then went back to bed and I just fell to sleep.

Has anyone else come across anything similar? I'm even wonder if its possible to train myself to induce this when awake in any way.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I am very interested in what some of you have acheived. I always have been. My problem...my brain doesn't stop. I can't focus for any longer than 2 minutes. I try to meditate, can't do it. I tried the BWGen, the brain doesn't play along. It's like I'm on a permanent senseless meandering brain trip. Books can't even hold my attention. I try almost every night to focus but to no avail. Would it even be possible for somebody to yank me out just to get the ball rolling? (If so, I won't grovel, but please do so!) Do I need a brick to the head? I'm feeling a little...ok, alot helpless. I'm 37 yrs old and have no social issues, or mental illness. I'm well grounded and very happy in life. I run my own successful company and have lots of friends. I just can't seem to make my brain cooperate at the level I need to make this work. How do I connect with myself? I feel as though I am a spiritual being, but can't connect. Can anybody help, or lead me in the right direction?

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join