It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Questions...

Yes, I have read every post on every page and I have questions not yet answered if anyone would care to indulge.

2. Cug and our Dutch friend were talking about rituals and banishment(?), is this necessary? It would appear to be something to provide the practitioner peace of mind, superstition if you will almost a placebo type of thing. Please correct my understanding if I'm wrong in thinking it's not really a requirement.

3. Once you are "out" and practised at doing so, how do you get to, or where do you go for the akashic records? or is it obvious once you are proficient?

Thank you to anyone that can provide any further information or experience on these subjects.

Peace
~Prote

2. It is not superstition nor a placebo. It is just an alternative way. That path just happens to have more indepth information and usefull techniques. But if you understand them then surely you can find something similar elsewhere.

3. Finding the Akashic Records was relatively easy to find after someone showed me. He had left a "key under the door mat" kinda issue for me to find it and enter. There is also a book by Lumari which had usefull "homing" techniques in the back. I didn't use it myself, but both my GF and dad were succesfull with it. Afterwards my father got in through Tattwa cards.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Enyalius, thank fo the response, I hope you don't mind further questions for clarification...

Originally posted by Enyalius
2. It is not superstition nor a placebo. It is just an alternative way. That path just happens to have more indepth information and usefull techniques. But if you understand them then surely you can find something similar elsewhere.

The question was regarding the necessity of performing such rituals. By saying it is just an alternative way are you saying that these things are not necessary, just choice based on what you know and/or believe? Is there danger without such rituals?

3. Finding the Akashic Records was relatively easy to find after someone showed me. He had left a "key under the door mat" kinda issue for me to find it and enter. There is also a book by Lumari which had usefull "homing" techniques in the back. I didn't use it myself, but both my GF and dad were succesfull with it. Afterwards my father got in through Tattwa cards.

I will continue to research, thank you for the pointers. Do you think one is unlikely to access the akashic records without assistance or guidance?

Thank you for your time.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hi Prote,

I want to start by saying this is all just my opinion. Enyalius and Cug seem to have a lot more knowledge about banishing and protection rituals than me; I trust they'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Are they placebos? Yes and No.

On the no side: These rituals really do work. They do have power. Even if you don't believe in them they can still have an effect. It's good to know some of them even if you don't plan on using them on a regular basis.

On the yes side: Rituals are symbolic gestures. Humans don't always deal well with the abstract. We tend to want things to be as concrete as possible. Behind every ritual you'll find an abstract idea. Rituals are a great way to humanize esoteric knowledge and pass it on to others but as time goes by, that knowledge is often obscured by the symbolism that was originally intended to represent it. When that happens people tend to go through the motions without truly understanding what they mean. Understand the intent beneath the ritual and you can move beyond mere symbolic gestures. (Unless of course you like to use the symbolic gestures - as many people do. They can be a very effective tool for getting yourself in the right frame of mind. Nothing wrong with that but even so, it's still a good idea to realize what you're doing is a tool and to recognize the the actual intent beneath it.)

Are you in danger if you don't use these rituals? No, I don't think you're in any mortal danger if you don't use them but as I said before it's good to know some of these things if and when you find yourself faced with pesky or negative encounters during your OBE. Even if you don't believe in these things there are other people/beings who do.

As for the Akashic records, there's many different schools of thought on who may enter and how to get there. I would recommend reading up on them all. There's lots of info out there on the subject. I can only speak based on my own experiences.

I've been to what I presume to be the Akashic records on 3 occasions. All 3 times I was not trying to go there. I found myself there with 2 other beings dressed in long robes. They showed me a list that reminded me of a college course catalogue. This list was projected in front of me in what seemed like holographic form. I was able to see things I had worked on successfully (these were crossed off to show they had been completed.) and I was asked to choose from the list what I'd like to work on next. I'm assuming in all three cases I was summoned there by the guys in the robes but I didn't ask any questions and I get the feeling they may not have answered if I had.

Psimorb, Sounds like you're very close. Don't give up. You might want to experiment with paying less attention to the vibrations and your physical body in general. The vibrations help some people but I tend to get distracted if I concentrate on them. You just need to find out what works best for you.

Mitzella

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Heres my take on the situation....

when all is numb, think of 'nothing' totally think of 'black' and keep on thinking of 'black' untill the odd images pop into your head and then concentrate on that image but at the same time think of 'black'.

Cug

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man
This practice of Astral Projection is a dangerous occult practice, much like the ouija board. You are messing with things that you won't be able to ultimately control.

All you need to do is add "without training" to the above quote and I'd agree with you 100%.

Originally posted by Prote

2. Cug and our Dutch friend were talking about rituals and banishment(?), is this necessary? It would appear to be something to provide the practitioner peace of mind, superstition if you will almost a placebo type of thing. Please correct my understanding if I'm wrong in thinking it's not really a requirement.

Very necessary.. see Old Man's post about the vicar.

To tell the truth I really don't care if banishing causes a placebo effect. As long as it works it just doesn't matter how it works.

If you were in some sort of horrible accident and suffering from unbelievable pain and someone gave you a sugar pill and the pain went away.. would you care if it was "just" a placebo?

Originally posted by Mitzella

Are you in danger if you don't use these rituals? No, I don't think you're in any mortal danger if you don't use them but as I said before it's good to know some of these things if and when you find yourself faced with pesky or negative encounters during your OBE. Even if you don't believe in these things there are other people/beings who do.

It's not really mortal danger.. it's mental danger. You could end up stark raving mad.

[edit on 3/26/2007 by Cug]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i was laying down and relaxing for 2 hours. i began to hear the buzzing then the numbness next the vibrating feeling, but then something different happened. my body started vibrating like crazy when i imagined snapping out of my body and held that thought for a long time. i felt an enoumous ammount of pressure on my torso then i felt my torso lifting up also i was experiencing rem at the same time, it was amazing! but then my body stopped moving, the vibrating stopped and my body drifted back into itself. i realized that i was "completely" exausted. i couldnt even find the strength to move my legs. what ever happened it totaly drained me. i turned my head and looked at the clock and realized that i had been concentrating for 2 hours. i do not believe that i left my body entirely because i was aware of what happened. but i do believe that i was extremely close to leaving my body entirely. i am going to try again tonight.I have never been so exited in my life! i just have to hold the thought of leaving my body and ime sure it will work!

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Close... so close.

If you wake up and you feel paralysed 'will' yourself to sit up, don't lay there and go through those motions, just will yourself to sit up and before you know it you'll be sitting up (astrally) and it will feel uncomfortable at first but just do it. Timing has a lot to do with it but if you get it right...

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
@Prote
When I say that there are alternative ways I meant to say that you do not have to do the rituals Cug and I do. However you do need a technique that achieves the same as those rituals. What you decide on using in order to achieve that result depends on personal interests. That what you like most has more effect on you instead of when you do something forced.

Thing with Banishing is relatively simple. It gets rid of mental nuisances as well as the more esoterical ones in the area. The cleaner the area the better it works. Now if you can find a technique that appeals to you and gets the same result then go for it.

Other techniques can and are very helpfull for when you run into suprises such as the old man mentioned. To bad people like him always jump from one extreme to the next without knowing the full story. Which gets tiresome to people like me.

I do not think it is unlikely to find the Akashic Records without aid. Someone had to do it at first before he/she could tell anyone else. But it is more difficult then when you have some form of aid. Shere logic I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Thank you for the responses and clarification. I will take the ritual aspect more seriously and study up on such rituals, their history and meanings. The only thing the AP and OOBE texts have mentioned thus far is closing the chakras. I also understand mirrors can be a problem and the alice in wonderland effect looks like a head masher but I'm nearly out so need to read a bit quicker. Thanks again for the advice.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am curious as to how mirrors can be a problem? I have 3 very large mirrors in my bedroom and 2 of them face each other from opposite sides of my bed.

Cug

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I am curious as to how mirrors can be a problem? I have 3 very large mirrors in my bedroom and 2 of them face each other from opposite sides of my bed.

I think it goes back to the superstition of covering the mirrors when someone dies so their soul doesn't get trapped in the mirror. I can see how someone might apply the same logic to AP, but I never gave it a second thought.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hey Everyone,

FYI Coast To Coast is doing a show on OBE tomorrow night.

www.coasttocoastam.com

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

@Prote

Other techniques can and are very helpfull for when you run into suprises such as the old man mentioned. To bad people like him always jump from one extreme to the next without knowing the full story. Which gets tiresome to people like me.

Well, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed that you don't seem to want to take the warning seriously, or consider that you may actually be in some great danger.

That's ok. I've said my piece, and you are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I should also mention that I speak partly from experience.

Not in the field of Astral Projection, but in other occult matters, which I got into in my teens.

I got my fingers burnt. I learned my lesson.

Just trying to warn others, that's all.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Depends from which point of view you look at it.

Personally I'd go the Feng-Shui way. Mirrors are used in bathrooms to bounce back "energy" instead of letting it leave the house through the drainage system and creating a loss of needed "energy".

Next to that mirrors also give the illusion that the room is bigger giving more of a psychological effect. The feeling of space and freedom instead of claustrophobia.

However if you place mirrors incorrectly you can create Cha-Chi (negative chi) and also if you have mirrors facing each other they "trap" the chi and keep amplifying it in between them. Too much of anything aint healthy either. Now if you combining mirrors places incorrectly AND facing each other...that aint good at all. The Chi needs to move freely through the house leaving and entering when needed as well.

If you approach it from the more esoterical point of view mirrors are often seen as "gateways" to alternate dimensions. Creatures can get through and you can go through unknowingly and get trapped. Superstitious belief is the one that Cug mentioned of being trapped inside it. So people often cover the Mirrors. Mirrors also reflect light and in a time of mourning people don't want that either so that makes it a second reason why too cover the mirror at ones death.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by Enyalius]

Cug

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Not in the field of Astral Projection, but in other occult matters, which I got into in my teens.

When I was a teen I got zapped when I was trying to fix an old radio.

So I learned how to do it. Now I don't get zapped.

It's the same thing with the occult.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

When I was a teen I got zapped when I was trying to fix an old radio.

So I learned how to do it. Now I don't get zapped.

It's the same thing with the occult.

What can I say?

Anyway, I maintain that the occult, although widely practiced, is not as safe as a lot of people would seem to indicate.

Here endeth my rant

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I dont necessarily agree that astral projection is inherently dangerous.....
As the the astral body moves out of co-insidence at night naturally anyway....
That is in fact the main reason why we sleep to re-charge the astral body.....
The only difference is that in an astral projection you are awake rather than asleep.......

Can people make mistakes and do dumb things in the astral... yes....
But in the astral you have one HUGE advantage......
Your almost indestructable and if you stuff up you have the "bricks and motar" of you physical body to snap back to in a moments notice.......

There is no such "Magic" sanctuary for your physical body....
if your car is about to smash into a pole there is no "denser body" that will wisk you away in the blink of an eye.......

Of course bad things can happen..... but i would say your are 1000000 times safer going out into the night in your astral body then you are with your physical one wrapped about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hi Old Man

I don’t mind listening to differing points of view but for someone who says he wants to warn others of the dangers of OBE and other “occult practices” you aren’t really making a strong case for yourself.

Your one and only concrete example of the dangers you claim to be warning of is the priest who was so badly scared during an OBE that he never attempted to Astral Project again. Not only did the person in your story come to no harm what-so-ever but you don’t even have anyway of knowing whether the account is true or accurate since you say you read it in a book.

If you have more helpful examples of what you’re talking about (namely first hand experience) then by all means, I am all ears. Otherwise like Enyalius has already pointed out, it seems like you’re just jumping to extremes with out any real understanding of the subject.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Update!

I experienced my body becoming paralysed for the first time the other night and it was pretty odd. I was layed there feeling all warm and tingly and then out of nowhere from my toes all the way up to my head I became paralysed, it took probably 3 or 4 seconds. I layed there for a while, shut my eyes and willed myself out and went on my usuall little journey.. I went through my window and got the usual glassy taste/feeling and then felt the cold air hit me. Then I decided to look at myself asleep so I come back through and when I looked at my bed, I wasn't there but the covers where all scrunched up and I was looking down at my bottom bed sheet?
then I got a bit freaked out and willed myself to wake up. Once I woke up I decided to get out again so went with the flow and willed myself out. I went through my window and when I was outside I remembered what robert monroe said in his book about focusing on where you want to go and mainly any attachments you might have with that place. My mate lives just down the road from me so I thought id try and go there. I focused on his house and the more I did this the faster I got 'pushed' along until I was there in his house in his kitchen but nobody was about. Then I wasn't really sure what to do next and I felt a bit too disconnected so I willed myself back.

Just another thing - experiencing OBE's has totally changed my views on life and death. Once I've had an OBE I'll wake up and look at people and everything and think to myself 'you really have no idea'. I wish everyone could experience the feeling of leaving your body and would be a lot more open minded about it.

[edit on 2/4/07 by Clarky]

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join