It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
hello.
i want to ask if the technique for oobe is similar to that of astral projection?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Out of body experiance is just a differant way of saying....astral projection. I get that idea from what I have read, that yes they are one and the same.

WHEW I am so worn out today. Last night was a marathon of OOBE for me....where I just kept popping out, but was then unable to see no matter how strongly I called for clarity. I had alot of rushing motion going on, and since I could not see I just wanted to go back to my body and stay in it and sleep......so I would go back as soon as I wished but then I was overwhelmed with the 'sound' and it would pop me back out......

It was almost like I was fighting the experiance of being out.......(I would have loved to be out IF IF I could have seen what was what).......since I could not see, I kept going back.
Then the 'sound' would pop me back out.........I would choose to return. Then the sound would pop me back out.........I would choose to return.
I think you get the picture................it was a rather vicious cycle and I felt stuck in it.

About 5 am I was SO frusterated and exausted.......yet I turned on the light and read for a while. Enable to just STOP the cycle I was in.

By 6am I was able to just go to sleep..............I slept untill 11 am.

I have been tired and dragging my butt all day.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
OOBE is Outer Body Experience. Under this label there are Remote Viewing, Astral Projecting, Lucid Dreaming and anything else that takes place outside your body.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
which hemisync is for oobe?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
WOW this is a really long thread!

Wanted to share and see what you all have to say. I have had "experiences" for a looonnnnggg time. It wasnt until a couple of years ago that I really figured out what was happening. Something happened that took me by surprise. Talked to my hubby about it and he said he had studied astral projection and oobe's (still dont know the difference) which also took me by surprise. Anyway, he was sure as the sky was blue that, that is what was happening to me. I have no controll over this. What happened? Well, the first time, I scared a woman (she could not see me) she thought I was a ghost. I decided it was time to go back and wake up. When I woke up, it was the same time as when I decided in this crazy dream of mine that i needed to wake. That is when I started thinking this was a lil strange. The clincher though, was when I went straight to this house. I went inside to protect the family. I went up and stood in the hallway where the bedroom doors were. A couple of men broke into the house. When they did, the mother opened her door and looked straight at me. She SAW me! I dont know who was more stunned at that moment, me or her. We just stared at each other, then the men walked up the stairs and we both looked at them. It gets a little hazy after that. I am pretty sure the men saw me. The mother looked at them and then back at me, and I shut her door. I knew these men were going to hurt them, and somehow I kept that from happening. They could not get past me. That spooked them and they left. I came back and woke up. Once again it was the same time when I woke up as when I was comming back. Now for the icing on the cake. I went ahead and got up. About an hour later I turned on the news guess what I saw........the same house was on tv and they were telling the story of the strange event that happened. How the men broke in (same men I saw) and oddly didnt hurt the family and left with only a few things in their hands, like something spooked them. The mother did not want to comment on what happened.

So, that is when I figured out that these places I have been going and people I have met .......was really happening. It is strange though. The me that gets out and about is a bit different than um...me. Like, the unsurpressed me. Did that make any sense???? ha

Sometimes I remember all of it, other times bits and pieces. But I can tell when I have been out because I feel different in the morning....my body feels different.

My mind is still trying to catch up. My spirit, seems to know exactly what it is doing. It is almost like two different lives at times. There are people who I know and who know me, and places i love to go thought I couldnt get there while Im awake, because I only see the arial view, and it goes by quite fast.

The other night, I fell asleep in the living room and my husband woke me up to come to bed. While laying in bed, I could actually feel myself seperate. After that whole experience, which was quite creepy, I decided if I am going to be leaving my body, I better be asleep for it because that was just CREEPY.

Im still trying to understand it all, not that it seems to matter if i do or not, ha. But I figured it would be nice to know what my spirit is up to.

Well, I figured I would share.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
OOBE is Outer Body Experience.

Ummm no Enyalius sorry....Outer body experiance is known as OBE.....being that there are only 3 words and yet your adding another letter. I know your very experianced in this, but I believe your in fact just arguing semantics here.

O.O.B.E means OUT OF BODY EXPERIANCE......I dont really want to sit here and quote over 20 differant books that back up this statement.

Instead I will share the link to the ATS research forum on OOBE, or Astral Projection, being as they do mean the same thing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is just differant ways of saying the something depending on the school of thought you come from.

Very much like some people will eat supper, and yet others eat dinner....but it means the exact same thing.
Some people might say they are going to take a stroll, and others will be taking a walk....but it means the SAME thing...

Its just a matter of semantics as to what your most comfortable calling the experiance ....be it Astral Projection or O.O.B.E...............Astral Projection is the term used for the longest time. O.O.B.E only began to be used in the 70's, because of the 'crazy stigma' attatched to Astral Projection, and it was seen very much akin to Gysy fortune telling. People started to use the term O.O.B.E to give the experiance a more scientific weight. The 2 terms do not mean differnat things at all, it is the very same experiance, just differant semantics.

I think all the hemi-sync tapes are about O.O.B.E.....your supposed to use them in a specific order.....to go deeper and farther each time. Its like a class on O.O.B.E, you do tape 1 then tape 2 ect....

WOW MrsDurda........thats really an interesting story your sharing....THANKS for doing so!
It really IS a freeky feeling when you seperate......I would best desribe it as a peeling out of ones body.....sorta like getting a banana free from its skin...our soul comes free of our body.
Sometimes I am only partway out and my lower body is still stuck and I will be flailing my Astral arms about trying to get some momentum to finish the seperation.
I to feel physically 'differant' the following day after O.O.B.E's. It takes about a whole day to get feeling normal, or...back in the correct position in my body. Maybe it is just an energy drain I am feeling....but I do feel differant so I know what your saying.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Yea, its like and energy drain, you feel heavy and just not quite right. But I also have pains in my abdomen, and my lower back is very tight when I come back. Stretching and walking around makes it go away though.

I dont see anything when I am comming out. That's kind of my choice though. I panic. So, my astral self keeps eyes closed until after I leave my neighborhood.

I went out again last night, and once again im sore. ug. oh well its worth it.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
is it possible that doing oobe can shorten one's life?

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jomer
is it possible that doing oobe can shorten one's life?
You know, I don't really hav emuch experience in this field, but I would speculate that the reason one would hold this belief, is because the people who do it repeatedly realize something, (maybe they ascend?) that allows them to let go of their physical body. I would not consider it as really such a bad thing, however.

(Not that you thought it was, I know, but that's the conclusion most people jump to. Death = bad)

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Outer Body or Out of Body. Does it really matter if you write it OBE or OOBE when both talk about excactely the same thing? As I always say: "People are to hung up on words and should look at the definition behind it". In this case both words talk about events that occur outside the physical body of an individual. These experiences can be several phenomena including Astral Projecting.

Astral Projecting is O(O)BE, however O(O)BE is not Astral Projecting.

Personally I've never experienced AP as an energy drain. Even guiding someone for three days straight on her death bed in my AP form wasn't tiring. However it was tiring in combination with my regular activities and job that I was doing simultaneously. Then it does become very tiring at first. It is like going to a gym and starting with heavy exercises without ever having been to a gym. It takes time to get accustomed to it and in due time it'll get easier. What helped was performing my rituals both in the physical as in the Astral.

AP hardly reduces your physical life span. However I've seen several people asking for a someone to pull them out. This is risky if done by someone who has no clue. There were people who came up with the theory of separating the soul with the body. When they attempted this the heart rate of the individual went up quickly as well as the body temperature of the individual. If those people would not have stopped they would've killed the individual :S Luckily in general there is little to no risk. These people took the seperation a bit to literally :S

People who do it at first usually do it to experience another "world" or "dimension". To get access to some information source and also under odd assumptions that it is a means towards "enlightenment". It is not a bad thing to do, but I came to wonder why we should do it. As I mentioned a few pages back. Why would we focus so much on leaving our physical body when we spend all eternity in between physical lives in the Astral? Our physical experience is such a small time frame compared to that and we should enjoy and experience it to the fullest. I see the need to AP more like a desire to return home at first. But it also has some additional benefits when trying to create events or objects through magic. Then it is more effective to perform the rituals both here and there at the same time.

These days I hardly AP any more, there is no real need. Been there, done that. Still at times I do so. Not just for the rituals, but also for other minor things. A woman I met was having troubles so I decided to go into her dreams. There I gave her a gift called "The shield of Hathor". This shield could be used as a divinatory tool, to reflect yourself for better understanding ones actions and thoughts, to become a mirror of the other individual and more uses. So I use it to help people at times, but when I bring a gift...they must accept it themselves. No way am I going to force myself onto someone who does not wish to be helped. Most people are not conscious during their dreams so their real self accepts it while they are still hiding behind their ego not wanting help. Then the gift will be waiting for them to use it, but most of the time it will be used without them knowing it which is fun to see.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Out of interest... does anyone here have many lucid dreams?

I've really been wanting to make a thread on lucid dreaming.. not about tips and techniques as I feel theres so much information out there already on this but more about experiences, experiments, and observations when in that lucid state?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I've had my fair share of Lucid Dreams. For the past few years though I'm not pursuing it any more. Still I do have them from time to time when I see an old "trigger" come by. My girlfriend on the other hand is very much active with it. Each week she has at least 3 LD's. But let me start from the beginning.

With Lucid Dreaming you do the opposite of Astral Projecting. With AP you go outside the body while with LD you stay inside. Still many LD'ers belief this is not true, but they are still caught in the illusionary shrouds.

In Alchemy there is a mention of 7 stairs from the tower of Babylon. Each step has its own meaning. Within alchemy people go downwards those steps an by doing so they will go deeper into themselves. This is excactely what LD'ers do. They go deeper and deeper within themselves and within their consciousness all the experiences will be seen.

People who LD are aware that they are "dreaming" and active within their own mind and body. All those Dream Characters are not aliens or angels or gatekeepers to certain astral realms but archetypal images. Images that have meaning to you, archetypal images that are branded within our DNA and soul memory...it will all be accessible to you while LD'ing. Or gatekeepers to aspects of your own self/mind.

You are able to use the power of your mind to create your own world and experiences. When LD'ing you can delve deeper into your own consciousness and explore and learn to understand yourself better. So far people seem to use it as simple playthings to "fly". Of course it is important to have fun, but there is so much more use for this technique that people overlook.

Often LD'ers talk about visiting the rings of Saturn or go to the astral fields. Well that's funny. If they talk about that they're AP'ing and not LD'ing. A thin line that even the most experienced seem unable to notice. It's like a circle. The further you go to the left (LD), eventually you'll end up on the right (AP).

LD'ing is what meditation is truly about. Meditation isn't some relaxation method to calm the mind as most people use it to be to fix their symptoms. When going through enough psychological growth you will eventually have no more barriers and obstacles and obtained the constant peace of mind, constant state of meditation. LD'ing however is more accessible to people since they claim not to be able to visualize. When you dream you automatically visualize making it much easier to use for most people.

Next to that LD also has similarities with Pathworking. Pathworking is when you visualize entering a Tarot card, a chakra or a sphere on the Tree of Life. You will enter that card and explore it from within. You will then also work a lot with archetypal imagery that have certain effects and meaning to oneself.

Seeing someone, like my gf, from the outside while she is having LD's is quite fun. Because she is conscious that she "dreams" she's capable of moving her eyes. At times she also moves her arms or legs which I find odd since the body makes chemicals that paralysis the body while asleep. Does this chemical wear out faster, or is by-passed, when LD'ing? Or is it just her body that is "malfunctioning"? All in all fairly interesting to see it fom the outside after years being on the inside heheh.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Interesting stuff

Ive had lucid dreams all my life and there definately gettin much deeper than ever before, when do you say that its an OBE and not a lucid dream though? Ive had many lucid dreams where ive flown out of the earths atmosphere and onto strange eery planets? planes?... this is what puzzles me.. where do you draw the line..? I cant see how just because you fly that high it then makes it an OBE.

Ive got a slight feeling that lucid dreams are basically OBE's but without experiencing the seperation and OBE's having no subconsciousness involved? For example the other day I suddenly found myself floating about on a street near where I live and it was raining and straight away I thought to myself 'so is this an OBE or dream..' as everything felt so real and similar to what my OBE's are like and I could even smell and taste the rain.. and then when I woke up, it was raining.

I find what you said about dream characters interesting.. when trying to get dream characters to talk, they just want to ignore you. I wonder if this is because your basically asking yourself a question and if you dont know the answer then obviously theyll act in that way? It really does baffle me though when you see all these different characters in your dreams that youve never even seen before in real life.

Another thing.. telekaneesis seems to be the norm now when dreaming, its so much fun changing peoples hair colour and moving objects just with thought, throwing people about who you dont like and looking at peoples shocked reactions when I show them what I can do and its something I never really used to give thought to when dreaming.
im still trying to make it snow but not having much look, I think it might be too much for my brain to create perhaps.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Carlos Castinada says....in ~The Art Of Dreaming~

.....that the people and charectors you see in your dreams are so REAL that they have theyre own thoughts, hopes and dreams.

I find this fascinating to say the least.
It makes my mind seem somewhat like the dust speck in the story by Dr Suess called ~Horton Hears a Who~

[edit on 30-12-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
robert peterson on possession said that he dont believed that its possible for a spirit to take your body.

how come there are a lot of stories about people being possessed even if they didnt do obe?

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Because people:
a. belief in a certain dogma, such as Christianity, and everything that they don't understand is scary and evil and thus they make possession up. It's like the EO in the Netherlands. They know nothing, but still look for dirt to slander other people with that don't share the same view point.

b. want to make it sound more sensational then it is. Most of these stories come from people who either never experienced these phenomena, but want to be in the "cool" group. Or they are people who experienced a little and assume they know a lot and make it more sensational.

c. do experience it a lot, but still don't know how to deal with it. The chance to get possessed is really slim, but if they manage to be. Well it says more about their inexperience and doing things they shouldn't do until they're ready.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Clarky, I have always had lucid dreams. To be honest, that is what I thought I was doing, but then I started noticing that when I was dreaming, it was the same outside as it was in my dream. Same time even. I really started wondering about them then I had that experience, where it was on the news. That is when I knew I was REALLY there. Since then, I have found quite a few differences between dreaming and going out. Though I think those differences are something you have to realize on your own to fully understand. I dont know that someone could fully explain those differences.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
WTF a oooooooooooooooooooobe? (ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobe)

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I am fascinated by this Out of Body stuff and although I do a lot of meditation I cannot seem to grasp how to do this. I once felt as though it almost happened but I ended up diagnosing it as sleep paralysis, although it did feel quite like I was being sucked out of my body. can you give me some pointers as to the process in which you achieve it?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've always wanted to have the ability to have OOBE's. So if anyone can help me on that it would be well appreciated. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join