It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hi There Everyone

Rivergoddess, I think asking for help is a great idea and in no way greedy. Think of it like this; help isn’t like donuts in a box. Help is limitless and available to everyone who asks for it. Unlike grabbing up the last jelly donut before someone else can get to it, any help you receive won’t result in there being less help available for others. Besides, I’m a big believer in getting back what you put out and who knows how much help and inspiration you’ve provided others with just from this thread alone. I say go for it!

Pwner, if you’re having trouble getting your physical body asleep chances are you’re not relaxed enough. What time do you normally practice? If you’re trying in the day or right before you go to sleep you might want to switch to early morning instead. That way your body will already be in a relaxed state. When you first wake up in the morning, instead of moving around right away, stay still and begin your practice. Or you could try setting an alarm to wake up after you’ve been asleep for a few hours. Personally I find the alarm a little too jarring but I’ve had success with the early morning technique many times. You can also use it to initiate lucid dreams by concentrating on the dream you were just having before you woke up. I’ve found a lot of times this will take me back into the dream while remaining lucid. I had a great lucid dream just a few days ago using this very technique.

I hope you’ll find this helpful but if not, don’t give up sometimes it just takes awhile to get the hang of it but I believe with practice anybody can achieve an OBE so just hang in there.

Mitzella

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
goddess. what if you belive in god but you have no religion? no prayers work for me. god hates me, i still love god and everyone in heaven but god hates me
when im in pain he never answers.

edit- i try to AP during the mornings at around 5 am because i wake up at like 6 so i decide why not try 1 hour before i usually wake up. this morning however i woke up, only to fall asleep again but this time my concious was awake while my subconcious was asleep. i however freaked out and wanted to wake up and as i had commanded my subconcious woke me up. so i now believe i can do it. however the only fact that i dont want to ap at the same time is because of dark forces. since i have no religion i would believe a god wouldnt really listen to me.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by TeH PwNeR]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Multiple projections again last night.

I woke up several times feeling warm and tingling all over and kept willing myself to sit up astrally but there was too much weight on my chest so I just went with the flow instead and ended up having a few normal dreams. Later on I woke up and tried again and managed to slip out without any problems. I looked at my bedroom door and headed straight towards it and it felt as real as it does now. I squinted my eyes slightly and worked my way through it till I got onto the landing. I floated straight downstairs and went into the living room and my mum and dad where sat down on the chair and straight away they looked at me and said 'lee what's wrong' I thought 'not again!'.. bearing in mind this was at 3/4am and my dad was at work and my mum was in bed asleep.

I keep doing this where I'll experience everything that goes with projecting and then after this, it kind of turns more into a dream.

On a side note.. I bought myself a small bottle of Valerian which is a liquid herbal extract that helps improve sleep and ever since I started having a little bit before going to bed mixed with water which is a few week now, I've been having some of the most wonderful lucid dreams ever and I'm certain that its helping me maintain lucidity for much longer than usual too.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Can this person who helped you help me PLEASE, thank you for your time

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Just wanted to tell everyone about a book I just received and am learning from in just the 30 or so pages I've read. Its by William Buhlman titled "Adventures Beyond the Body". It isnt all new agey like alot of AP stuff tends to be. I like it and would recommend it to anyone who isnt into the New Age slant, not that there is anything wrong with that, just I dont like preachy stuff, I like to form my own opinions and ideas about things. Any how this gentleman writes in the first few pages how he didnt believe in Life After Death and God and such UNTIL he had a conversation with a neighbor which spurred him to try AP and when he did AP it changed his Entire Perception on what's behind the curtain...really good so far, check it out on Amazon, lots of good reviews (which is why I purchased it).
Stop by and say Hi Scott if youre AP'ing some nite! Would love to chat!

ps Clarky, I am going to try the valerian too. Let me know how good it works and I will do the same! Thanks for the idea!

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Springheel Jack]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Springheel, thanks for the recommendation on the book, I love reading so I'll definitely try to check it out. I just finished Carlos Castineda's trilogy. I grabbed them to take on my trip to Mexico. They were perfect reading for the trip, but I really wouldn't recommend them for much else. Even though Castineda was supposed to be writing about personal experiences I got the feeling a lot of it was fiction.

I thought I'd share my most recent OBE experience with you all. I was out three times in one night recently. I wasn't trying to OBE. I was just lying in bed with my eyes closed, still feeling like I was awake. Then I felt myself rising up out of my body. Because it was so unexpected, I got excited and went right back in.

After awhile I started to rise up again. I kept calm and just let it happen. I felt myself rise all the way up to the ceiling. Then my astral sight started to kick in and I realized I 'd actually risen partially through the ceiling! I could see an empty space between my ceiling and my upstairs neighbor's floor. I could see wooden beams, nails and a few cobwebs (although surprisingly cleaner then I would expect for a building constructed in the 1920's) I don't know why, but I never realized there's an empty space between the ceiling and the floor. I guess I thought one was built right on top of the other. I asked someone afterward and they said there's usually a space between the two.

I felt like I could've easily gone all the way through to the floor above, but the girl upstairs started talking and my first thought was “I don't want to invade her privacy.” Well, that probably wasn't the best thing to think because I instantly found myself back in my body.

After awhile I rose up again. When I got my astral sight, I was staring at my ceiling. I noticed the plaster was smooth. I was a little confused because the plaster in my apartment has a rough texture to it. I wondered if maybe I was just having a dream. (On a side note, The next day I checked out my bedroom ceiling and realized it's actually the only one in my apartment that's smooth.)

After awhile of staring at the ceiling, I decided I should get down and do something more constructive. I tried to turn myself around but I ended up getting really confused and turned around. Eventually I just popped back into my body. Nothing like that's ever happened to me before. Normally when I find myself in the astral I more or less go with the flow. On the rare occasions when I'm lucky enough to be out long enough and have enough presence of mind, I can think of a place I want to go and instantly be there. This may have been the first time I've ever tried to move in a more conventional way. I felt like someone put a blindfold on me and spun me around a couple times. Has anyone experienced this particular kind of difficulty in navigation before? I'd be interested to hear how others navigate in the astral? Do most other's out there have more success with thought or with imitating physical movement?

I look forward to your answers.
Mitzella

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I got called out night before last, and saw something very interesting. There were quite a few of us. We were watching something that the news crews would not cover. I would like to know if anyone else who is reading this thread was there.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
MrsDudara,

What was it you were seeing that the media wouldn't cover?
Mitzella

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Mrsdudara,

Please tell us...we would love to know what you saw!

Mitzella, the book was like $11 on amazon. Real cheap in my opinion. Its great so far, I love reading about how people discover these amazing things with AP.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I would like to know what you saw to MrsDurda..................maybe you will make a thread about it? if so, give us a link but I will be watching the board for it.
( I wonder if it was something in the sky and WHAT it looked like...
....and I think about D4rk Kn1ghts thread and think hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:puz

Clarky I went to the healthfood store and picked up some liquid valarian today.
Thanks for the tip I plan to try it as you can clearly tell

Last night I had an OOBE........I was sleeping but when I started ti life out I am so used to KNOWING that feeling that I came awake during the process so I was concious for the out and about bit..........I got my eyes clear to see but things were in this odd black and white....almost like looking at a negative of a photograph. I seemed to have fallen back asleep though because all I can remeber is coming out and the way things looked.

Usually I do not OOBE when I am on 'the master cleanse' for some reason...
...you would THINK that 'cleanseing' would make a person more apt to OOBE, but it doens not seem to be so at least for me

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hey Clarky?
How much of the valarian are you taking?
Are you following the dosing instructions on the bottle or just having a drop or 2?
Please advise.........................

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think what you guys are talking about is dreaming. I have dreams when I am just barely awake. How I know is when I "power nap" and say the radio or the TV is on I will dream what is ever on at the time. And when a commercial comes on that is when I wake up. Because it interfears with the dream i was having and wakes me up. For example when I was about 13 I use to watch the Power Rangers after I would get home from school. Alot of the times I would fall asleep when watching it and I would dream what ever the power rangers were going through. I guess the brain is more mysterious than what we thought but I cannot see where OBE is anything more than just an active imagination. That is my opinion and you are intitled to yours.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by goddogo1
just an active imagination.

I love it when people say that.

Tell me, goddogo, can you explain imagination to me? Can you explain a daydream? According to what many scientists say about dreams, a daydream is not possable. Your eyes are open and there is no REM. Tell me how it is that a person can stare at an object and see an entire scene play out before them. Tell me how a mans imagination told him how to use electricity, and how another mans imagination came up with the lightbulb, airplane, car, computer, lifesaving devices, etc.

just an imagination

Tell me also how you would feel if one day you were in a room with no radio, no tv, no one talking, study hall perhaps. You went into a daydream.....only to watch the news that night and see the same thing, but you know the rest of the story. How would that feel? Then think about how it would feel knowing that if you told anyone they would think you were crazy.

I understand that everyone has their opinions. Proving this is like proving to a blind man that the sky is blue. You cant. Everyone has opinions, it is how a perston states them that tells who they are. Thank you for stating yours nicely.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by goddogo1
I think what you guys are talking about is dreaming.

Nope. In an OOBE we're wide awake. I've looked down at my physical body once when I was having an OOBE. Sometimes it feels as if we're even more awake than in the physical body. Especially out in the astral world. Lots of people report that you can see more colours than you can in waking life. Sometimes you can actually smell and taste colours, which is impossible here, and which doesn't even happen in a regular dream.

After all of my OOBE's I'm convinced that the brain works like a t.v., and that the mind is like the cable signal coming in.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
my obe's always started with sleep paralysis. i'd have those panic attacks and i'd be scared of the "presence" in the room so i'd freak out and force myself to move (even though my body was completely unmovable) at some point i'd break free and "float" out of the room. i never would get very far, maybe downstairs or down the hall, i think once i made it outside, anyway, at the furthest distance i would feel unable to proceed and i would literally get "sucked" backwards down the same path i was on (as if i were attached to a rubberband) and i'd slam into my body and wake up, or if i didn't wake up i'd be back in the sleep paralysis mode and would have to concentrate on breathing slower and tell myself to wake up. anyway, it was never fun. always a panic.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

@ Springheel Jack - I might look into ordering that book, I'm wanting to read about experiences and theories behind OBE's/Lucid dreams rather than a book on tips and techniques. I've just ordered a book this minute 'journeys out of the body by Robert Monroe' I've heard good things about Monroe's books so thought id get myself one has anyone read this one before? the valerian is a nice add before going to sleep it basically acts as a mild sedative and I seem to just slip into dreams or OBE's easier and whilst lucid I've not been concerned about waking up at all and feel as though its gave me extra time to observe and experiment whilst lucid.. this extra time has mainly been spent working out what dream characters are all about and trying to make conversation with them.. easier said than done.. why are they so miserable and quiet?
and also trying to figure what that eery electric is that's in-between and above the clouds.

@ Mitzella - your experiences certainly trigger a few memories especially going through the ceiling and seeing wooden beams. I find it interesting when people are able to think of a place and instantly go there, I've tried this before whilst out of body but nothing happens or I'll suddenly find myself somewhere totally different like one time. My main focus when out is to get the best vision possible and to explore and to try getting some sort of verification. Lately I've been in such vivid locations and just find myself stood there mesmerised such as the other day I was at a beach and I just focused on how the water crashed onto the sand and looked at the texture of it and looked at how the sun reflected off the water.. then I focused on the sun and then the sky and so on.... this might not sound interesting but its little things like this that I find the most intriguing.. considering that what I'm looking at at the time isn't 'real' that is..

@ theRiverGoddess - it says on the bottle to take 1ml but I've been having 1 n half or 2 depending how tired I am already, mixed with a third of a pint of water.
let us know if you notice anything, like I've said, my awareness is without doubt getting much stronger anyway but I'm certain that the valarian has been helping maintain lucidity more than anything.

I gave up trying to convince friends/family that these experiences where real ages ago.. its much easier to speak to people who also have first hand experience or who are guenually interested in the subject. It would be nice to allow somebody to experience projecting one night and to then tell them the next day that what they experienced was just a dream but unfortunately that's not going to happen. I also think that speaking to someone who is convinced that there's not an afterlife is not going to get you anywhere.. which is the case with most of my friends.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky

@ Springheel Jack - I might look into ordering that book, I'm wanting to read about experiences and theories behind OBE's/Lucid dreams rather than a book on tips and techniques. I've just ordered a book this minute 'journeys out of the body by Robert Monroe' I've heard good things about Monroe's books so thought id get myself one

Clarky you will LOVE this book......Journeys out of the body is my FAVORITE Robert Monroe book though all of them are really good. They are not religious in ANY way and ar4e all about his actual experiances and what he learns from them......
I have asked my local liberary about the book Springheel is talking about.....:UP: They think they can get it for me pretty soon, if its good I will buy it for my personal 'liberary'

Mrs Durda and BAndit THANKS SO MUCH for jumping in here and defending this experiance that alot of people will never understand and will continue to say is ~just a dream~
I KNOW it is a real experiance, and not the product of an over imagination as do all experiancers. I love it when you all stand up to be counted with me

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hi astral travellers… 1st post (apart from on the intro section)this thread is one that has prompted me to sign up.

Because, many years ago I experienced what I would describe as a “buzzing \ vibrating” sensation “pass through” my body some nights when I was falling asleep. It would cause me to become fully conscious as it is such an odd experience.. then I would roll over and attempt sleep again.

I asked relatives, friends, colleagues, and even my doctor what they think it might be and if they experience it too. No one had a clue. Then I come across this phenomena on t’net some time ago, including this forum – and it seems all that time I had been experiencing, spontaneously, and unbidden, a primary stage of OBE activation!! Fantastic!

The only thing is, this was about 10 years ago. And it was one of the few times my bed happened to be oriented north – south (head at the north)!

Since my bed alignment arrangements have been of differing orientations to North > South, I stopped experiencing the vibrations!!!! And this is from someone who had NO IDEA what they were!!

Just so happens that now, my bed alignment is South > North. Gonna start “sleeping the wrong way round” to the bed’s orientation from tonight, see if I can regain some of that vibrational majic!! Then hold onto it, attempt to remain “impassive” and enter the world of the astral. Wish me luck….

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm not too sure what I make of sleeping in different directions, what I do know however is that sleeping on your back with arms on chest or down your side definitely makes projecting much easier. Same applies to flying or fighting, most of the time when you struggle to fly or fight in your dream its because your arms are in an odd position and as you will yourself so much, it causes your arms to move which in return prevents you from acting it out in your dreams.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
congrats to all of you who have been out of body.

Still hasn't happened for me yet.

But I'm a patient person [in my opinion]

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join