It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Astral Projection and Astral Plane Research Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I am VERY happy to get this research project started. With your help, I think we can put all the information we find into one place and then analyze it. I want to thank everyone in advance who will participate with this research project.

Introduction

Many people these days have heard of/about Astral Projection, yet some people are still afraid or have been misguided about what it actually is. This Research Project is to give people a broader understanding of Astral Projection or just to improve one’s knowledge of it. All the time I see people wanting to know how to do it, or what are the techniques before they properly understand what it is. This Project is also here to teach the understanding of Astral Projection to make it easier for them.

"The Astral Projection and Astral Plane" Research Project

Purpose

To Inform and collaborate what astral projection is, and also to help give others a better understanding of the workings around the astral plane itself.

Goals

- The History of Astral Projection.

- The Examination of various techniques used to Astral Project.

- The Examination of statements and ‘stories’ from people who have alledgely Projected themselves Astrally.

- The Two sides of the argument (For and against)

- The Examination of the witness statements about the Astral Plane and what ‘abilities’ ‘humans’ and other ‘beings’ have there.

For this research project, we will not assume that Astral Projection and the Astral Plane are fiction or reality. We will research the goals with an open mind and then make a final judgment based on the research we did.

Anyone who wants to participate in this research project should U2U ADVISOR to recieve a "scholar" status if you do not have one already. If you have one, U2U me and I will assign you a task to do. Do not add on to this research project without U2U'ing me first.

Anyone who wants to make suggestions about this research project (this includes adding goals to the "goals" list) should u2u me.

Members

Wyatt43 – Team Leader
LadyV -
bpletcj -
ivanglam -
Ycon -

[edit on 15-3-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The History:
In Ancient Egypt, between 5,000 and 3,000 years ago. The Egyptian priests knew of the existence of the astral body.......they called it the Kha and they left inscriptions and drawings on the rock walls of many temples and buildings, representing it as something subtle and light abandoning the physical body. During this time, the initiations were created........which were in fact trials of the individual and its capacity to leave the body and present him/herself partially or totally materialized in front of a group of persons.

In Ancient Greece, we see references in the Temple of Eleusis........in the writings of the philosophers Plato, Hermotimus of Clazomene, Herodotus, and in some reports of the historian Plutarch of Queroneia. Plutarch tells us of the story of Arisdeu......... which took place in the 79th year of the first century. Arisdeu was a dishonest individual with a bad reputation in his community. He suffered an accident where he fell and hit his head against a rock, resulting in a coma which lasted a couple of days. During this coma, Arisdeu perceived himself outside his body. He found himself with his helper, or spiritual guide..........and talked to her. During this experience, Arisdeu also saw another dimension which was inhabited by consciousnesses with little equilibrium and stayed to examine them. Then, at a certain moment, he felt a force pulling him back inside his body. Arisdeu woke up in the physical plane at the moment in which he was about to be buried. One can imagine the reaction of the community. Nevertheless, since this experience, Arisdeu changed his ethics, values, and behavior, transforming himself into a respected citizen valued in his community. Today we can clearly understand that he had a near-death-experience........which is actually becoming more and more common now.

Throughout history many of our religious and spiritual beliefs have been molded by individuals who have had out-of-body experiences........the early prophets of every religion recorded and interpreted their spiritual experiences according to the cultural and religious viewpoints of their day. The Bible and the Koran are overflowing with vivid references to out-of-body travel. For example in Ezekiel 3:12, it states......... "Then the spirit lifted me up and I heard behind me the noise of the Lord rumbling as the glory of the Lord rose from its place." Ezekiel goes on to describe dozens of out-of-body experiences throughout his writings.

The Christian New Testament is filled with references to out-of-body travel. In First Corinthians 12, Chapter 2, St. Paul speaks of experiences in the non-physical regions of the universe........... "I know someone in Christ who, fourteen years ago, (whether in the body of out of the body I don't know, God knows) was called up to the third heaven." St. Paul clearly states, "third heaven," .......displaying his personal knowledge of the numerous spiritual dimensions that exist beyond matter and his clear recognition of out-of-body experiences.

In Revelation 1:10, St. John describes his out-of-body experience when he says, "I was caught up in the spirit on the Lord's Day and heard behind me a voice as loud as a trumpet..............." He then goes on to detail his incredible adventure in the thought responsive areas of the inner dimensions.

It should be noted that the vibrational sounds reported by Ezekiel, St John and other biblical prophets (rumbling, voice as loud as a trumpet etc.) are commonly described during separation from the body. .............This coincides with the descriptions of modern out-of-body experiences. According to the data compiled from two national surveys over fifty percent of out-of-body experiences involve a loud internal, buzzing, roaring, or humming sound. These intense sounds are often described as emanating from the head.

One of the most famous quotations from the New Testament is Jesus' statement in John 3:3, "You must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven." Anyone who has ever had an out-of-body experience can relate to the concept of being "born again..........." This is without a doubt the finest biblical description of what it feels like to separate from your physical body and enter a new vibrational environment. During the first moments of an out-of-body experience we are born again, as we awaken within a new energy body and enter a new spiritual world. The New Testament analogy is incredibly accurate because like a new born baby, we must learn to adapt within an entirely new environment......... We must learn to use and control our new non-physical body. This is truly "born again" in every sense of the words.

Five centuries later the founder of Islam, Mohammed, describes himself as riding a magnificent white stallion through what he called "the seven heavens." It is logical that the early spiritual explorers perceptions of reality influenced what they saw when out-of-body. In other words, our religious beliefs were influenced by the way the early prophets perceived and interpreted the non-physical environments that they experienced.

The early observations of all mystics, prophets and saints were directly influenced by their existing physical and social perceptions of reality. Today Mohammed would likely see himself riding in a magnificent white vehicle throughout the energy dimensions of the universe. Instead of St. John saying in Revelation, "I was in the spirit," he would likely say........... "I was out-of-body."

This knowledge does not diminish the inspired writings of allour early spiritual explorers, it only provides additional insight to the unseen meaning of these non-physical explorations...................many of the early spiritual leaders who influenced and molded our major religions were out-of-body explorers. They documented their non-physical journeys in accordance with their cultural and religious perceptions of reality.

www.lava.net...

www.meta-religion.com...

www.astralsociety.com...

Monroe, Robert A. Ultimate Journey, New York, NY:
Doubleday, 1994.

Peterson, Robert. Out-of-Body Experiences: How to have
them and what to expect

EDITED for spelling

[edit on 3/8/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have been asked to write about

'~~The examination of various techniques used to astral project~~'

That seems a daunting task........HUGE.
I have a stack of books next to me and feel overwhelmed.
I could start with medication methods, on purpose and on mistake. I can relate experiences I have been told by others, and quote from alot of different books. There is self hypnosis and the Hemi-sync sound vibrations. Whirling dervishes and hippy like drumming groups. This task will take me 2 weeks and 50 pages! Seriously.
But I am thinking you are more interested in the first hand account, instead of quotes from previously published work. Different people find they're way down this path by different forks. As many techniques as there are practitioners I would have to say. I dont feel equipped to examine each star in the sky.
Others would do more justice to this subject than I. I am a person who slipped through the crack into the astral realm only with anothers help, despite years of Meditation, breathing techniques, chanting, drumming, fasting and even holding crystals
I am honored to be able to participate in this forum nontheless.

I have believed in astral projection from a very young age. As LadyV has shared with us (great job btw
She is better at this than I am) This is a prevalent belief in our society with whispers of Angelic, or foggy places. Some say occult and dark places as well, and give warnings. There are the near death stories, and first hand accounts. All this leading me to believe it must be true. Something deep inside me has always believed this, I know not why.

With my interest growing I was reading and putting into practice various techniques and suggestions as put forth from books. I became most comfortable with meditation, and rythmic sounds. I usually would focus on my own breathing and heart beat.
I have been at this for more than 30 years. I have had many wonderfully insightful breakthroughs spiritually, but had never experienced OOBE. I was deep into the practice of lucid dreaming, and heard this can be a doorway, so I focused on that......sometimes I had flying dreams but I KNEW they were just dreams because I has to flap my arms really hard

In the books I had been devouring there was a running idea shared by many different practitioners of Astral Travel. Claims were made that a more practiced person, an adept if you will, has the ability to help you get out of your body while they are also out of their body. IF you run into such a person and your blessed enough for them to take you.
This is the experiance I had. Being a new member of ATS and so focused on my lifes goal of Astral Travel I blatently posted a thread BEGGING any adepts who would be willing to please come forth. I was answered. It was amazing. I have wrote every experience on a thread on this site. Its like a diary of my experiences dashed and peppered throughout with others' techniques and struggles. I am guessing because this has all been so puiblic for me this is why I was asked to participate.

After my initiation OOBE event, I now recognize a sound that seems so familiar somehow when I hear it, it is like I have heard it all my life. This is now HOW I am getting out. That is my invitation, this sound.
It is a deep roaring, far away at first but it gets louder. I relax and go into the sound, and when I come out of my body it seems like I am doing so out of the top of my head. This is the only technique I can honestly examine, this having been my personal experience.
Certain nights when I am wanting the experience it never manifests. I pray for help and guidence in my quest. Other nights when I am dog tired and have a busy next day schedule I can't seem to even stay in my body long enough to get actual sleep. The times I can reach the stars are times I don't care if I 'get out' or not. I set goals for my travels, I have certain places in mind. So far none of my goals have been reached. I have big plans to fly to Egypt or the Moon and I just wind up at the 7-11.

I hope this is in some small way informative.

Respectfully yours,
TRG

[edit on 8-3-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I had an OOBE experiance last night, and wanted to share a bit of information I learned.

Cats can SEE a person while they are in the OOBE state. NO doubt about this.

My neighboors have a couple of kittys I am friends with, and they come over to see me and meow at my door. Last night I was out of the house and floating around the yard area, and this one black kitty called Monkey, came bounding over to me, and meowing, purring and looking up at me. He followed me around on my little OOBE trip around the area. I was rather close to the ground maybe only 20 feet up at the most, but this cat could SEE me and seamed to be coming along and enjoying the fact that I was floating around.
I found this to be very interesting and thought I would share this little tidbit.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Astral Projection - Techniques

Astral Projection is the separation of the physical body from the astral body. Most of us do this regularly when we sleep at night. We just don’t remember doing it. Like when we dream, usually we don’t recall our dream because it stays hidden in our subconscious. When you train yourself to remember dreams you are training your subconscious to come through to your conscious mind.

Forms of astral projection, there are 3 types of astral projection, mental projection, astral projection and etheric projection. Mental projection is clairvoyance or remote viewing, the traveling of your mind. Etheric projection is when part of your physical body relocates to where you project it. There have been in very rare cases, the report of the entire physical body transferred to another location (teleportation). The physical body exists in two separate places at once. In astral and mental projections you are able to travel through solid objects, like walls and doors, but not with etheric projections.

There are many different techniques for astral projection, but it basically boils down to 9.

1. Diet - Fasting, vegetarianism or eating light foods.
2. Progressive muscular relaxation - Tense and relax starting from the toes and moving up to the head.
3. Yoga and Breath – This is also a relaxation technique used in kundalini yoga to attain higher states of consciousness, similar to that astral projection state or OBE (out of body experience).
4. Visualization – Like mental projection, picturing being in a place and then deepen the mental projection into a astral projection.
5. Guided imagery – Same as visualization but with someone talking you through or a audio tape.
6. Body of Light - Imagine a mirror image of yourself in front of you. Then transfer your consciousness and sensation to that image.
7. Strong willing – Creative visualization and a strong will to astral project.
8. Monroe technique - Series of steps, relax the body, enter altered state, deepen state, develop the sensation of vibration and finally separate from the body.
9. Dream control – Train yourself to know when you are dreaming and then you will be able to take control. Use an activity like flying in your dreams to make you aware that it’s a dream.

Above source: wiccanet.net...

The Monroe technique seems to be the most popular and maybe the easiest way to learn astral projection. All people are different so one of the other techniques may be better for you. The following is Monroe’s step by step technique taken from ‘Leaving The Body: A Complete Guide to Astral Projection’ by D. Scott Rogo.

One of the chief barriers people learning to project face is fear.
Many are afraid that they may die, or be harmed in some way as a
result of their projection. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
The Cantebury Institute, renowned for its occult studies, executed an
experiment in projection involving over 2,000 people. None of them
were hurt in any way by this, and now, three years later, none have
complained of any newly arising problems.

Once you are aware that you cannot be harmed by projecting, you should
begin Monroe’s techniques, step by step.

Step one:
Relax the body. According to Monroe, ‘the ability to relax is the
first prerequisite, perhaps even the first step itself’ to having an
OBE. (out of body experience) This includes both physical and mental
relaxation. Monroe does not suggest a method of attaining this
relaxation, although Progressive Muscle relaxation, coupled with deep
breathing exercises (inhale 1, exhale 2, inhale 3.... until 50 or
100) are known to work well.

Step two:
Enter the state bordering sleep. This is known as the hypnagogic
state. Once again, Monroe doesn't recommend any method of doing
this. One way is to hold your forearm up, while keeping your upper
arm on the bed, or ground. As you start to fall asleep, your arm will
fall, and you will awaken again. With practice, you can learn to
control the Hypnagogic state without using your arm. Another method
is to concentrate on an object. When other images start to enter your
thoughts, you have entered the Hypnagogic state. Passively watch
these images. This will also help you maintain this state of
near-sleep. Monroe calls this Condition A.

Step three:
Deepen this state. Begin to clear your mind. observe your field of
vision through your closed eyes. Do nothing more for a while. Simply
look through your closed eyelids at the blackness in front of you.
After a while, you may notice light patterns. These are simply neural
discharges. They have no specific effect. Ignore them. When they
cease, one has entered what Monroe calls Condition B. From here, one
must enter an even deeper state of relaxation which Monroe calls
Condition C-- a state of such relaxation that you lose all awareness
of the body and sensory stimulation. You are almost in a void in
which your only source of stimulation will be your own thoughts. The
ideal state for leaving your body is Condition D. This is Condition C
when it is voluntarily induced from a rested and refreshed condition
and is not the effect of normal fatigue. To achieve Condition D,
Monroe suggests that you practice entering it in the morning or after
a short nap.

Step Four:
Enter a state of Vibration. This is the most important part of the
technique, and also the most vague. Many projectors have noted these
vibrations at the onset of projection. They can be experienced as a
mild tingling, or as is electricity is being shot through the body.
Their cause is a mystery. It may actually be the astral body trying
to leave the physical one. For entering into the vibrational state,
he offers the following directions:

1. Remove all jewelry or other items that might be touching your
skin.

2. Darken the room so that no light can be seen through your
eyelids, but do not shut out all light.

3. Lie down with your body along a north-south axis, with your
head pointed toward magnetic north.

4. Loosen all clothing, but keep covered so that you are slightly
warmer than might normally be comfortable.

5. Be sure you are in a location where, and at a time when, there
will be absolutely no noise to disturb you.

6. Enter a state of relaxation

7. Give yourself the mental suggestion that you will remember all
that occurs during the upcoming session that will be
beneficial to your well-being. Repeat this five times.

8. Proceed to breath through your half-open mouth.

9. As you breath, concentrate on the void in front of you.

10. Select a point a foot away from your forehead, then change
your point of mental reference to six feet.

11. Turn the point 90 degrees upward by drawing an imaginary line
parallel to your body axis up and above your head. Focus
there and reach out for the vibrations at that point and
bring them back into your body.

Even if you don't know what these vibrations are, you will know when
you have achieved contact with them.

Step five:
Learn to control the vibrational state. Practice controlling them by
mentally pushing them into your head, down to your toes, making them
surge throughout your entire body, and producing vibrational waves
from head to foot. To produce this wave effect, concentrate on the
vibrations and mentally push a wave out of your head and guide it down
your body. Practice this until you can induce these waves on
command. Once you have control of the vibrational state, you are
ready to leave the body.

Step six:
Begin with a partial separation. The key here is thought control.
Keep your mind firmly focused on the idea of leaving the body. Do not
let it wander. Stray thought might cause you to lose control of the
state. Now, having entered the vibrational state, begin exploring the
OBE by releasing a hand or a foot of the "second body". Monroe
suggests that you extend a limb until it comes in contact with a
familiar object, such as a wall near your bed. Then push it through
the object. Return the limb by placing it back into coincidence with
the physical one, decrease the vibrational rate, and then terminate
the experiment. Lie quietly until you have fully returned to normal.
This exercise will prepare you for full separation.

Step seven:
Disassociate yourself from the body. Monroe suggests two methods for
this. One method is to lift out of the body. To do this, think about
getting lighter and lighter after entering this vibrational state.
Think about how nice it would be to float upward. Keep this thought
in mind at all costs and let no extraneous thoughts interrupt it. An
OBE will occur naturally at this point. Another method is the
‘Rotation method’ or ‘roll-out’ technique. When you have achieved the
vibrational state, try to roll over as if you were turning over in
bed. Do not attempt to roll over physically. Try to twist your body
from the top and virtually roll over into your second body right out
of your physical self. At this point, you will be out of the body but
next to it. Think of floating upward, and you should find yourself
floating above the body. Monroe suggests you begin with the lift-out
method, but argues that both are equally efficacious.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Brainwave Generators. (Part I : Knowledge Base for Part II)

Part I: i. States of Mind

Inside YOUR Head

EEG (Electroencephalography) technology is used to measure brain's electrical vibrations from the surface of the scalp. The resulting EEG pattern will contain frequency elements mainly below 30Hz. The frequencies are categorized into four states as follows:

State --- Frequency Range -- State of mind

Delta ----- 0.5Hz - 4Hz ------- Deep sleep
Theta ----- 4Hz - 8Hz --------- Drowsiness (also first stage of sleep)
Alpha ----- 8Hz - 14Hz ------- Relaxed but alert
Beta ----- 14Hz - 30Hz ------- Highly alert and focused

Part I: ii. How?

Entraining the brain to a desired state

If external stimulus is applied to the brain, it becomes possible to entrain the brain frequency from one stage to another. For example, if a person is in beta stage (highly alert) and a stimulus of 10Hz is applied to his/her brain for some time, the brain frequency is likely to change towards the applied stimulus. The effect will be relaxing to the person. This phenomenon is also called frequency following response.

For the musicians out there, it goes like this. If you were to play an A note (440 Hz) for about an hour, your brain would tune to that tone (440 Hz). But, as stated above it is too high of a tone for the brain. So, the brain tunes to an octave of that note. Just like you have multiple A's on your instrument, and can play them anywhere and get the same sound, your brain will replicate the an 'A' inside your head.

Part I: iii. The Bineural Beat

It would take far too long to make your brain go to that octave of A, and when working with octaves, the results are not very accurate. An easier method was prodouced. This method is that of Bineural Beats.

The objective is to play two frequencies (audible) at the same time to have a resultant tone that isn't audible. The difference in the tones comes out in a totally seperate, yet recognizeable 'beat'.

Example:

Tone A (left ear) = Bineural Beat = Tone B (right ear)
---- 444 Hz ------ = ---- 4 Hz ------ = ----- 440 Hz -------

4 Hz is not normally an audible tone; it is out of human hearing range (except for super-duper-sensitive hearing) Thus, to achieve an audible 4 Hz tone, the difference in Hz between the left ear and the right ear has to be 4 Hz.

Part I: iv. Effects

The effect of the audible frequencies used

To get a stimulus of 10Hz, you may use tones of 500Hz and 510Hz, or 400Hz and 410Hz, or 800Hz and 810Hz, or so on. The only requirements are that the tone is heard well enough and that it is below about 1000Hz. Below 1000Hz, the wavelength of the skull is sufficiently small so that the sound waves curve around it.

Based on what bineural beats one plays, the effects can differ greatly; everything from OBE's to euphoria to adrenaline rushes can be prodouced.

Part I: v. Altered States

Altered brain states

As mentioned above, applying a stimulus to the brain will eventually bring the brain's state closer to the stimulus frequency. Note, however, that just passively listening to binaural beats does not necessarily alter your state of consciousness. For example, willingness and ability to relax and focus attention affects how effective the binaural beat stimulus is for inducing state changes.

[edit on 21/3/05 by ivanglam]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Brainwave Generators. ( Part II : Application )

Part II: i. Choosing the desired effect.

Brainwave generators (Bwgen in particular) have many presets and effects that come from listening to bineural beats. For most people listening here, I am assuming that you want bineural beats for OBEs and APs.

A list of other effects :
boost creativity
drowsiness
un-drowsiness
etc. etc.

Once you choose what you want to do with your brainwave generator, then you can set it up to play the bineural beats you require. From what I know, a 4.0 Hz. bineural beat is what is usually used for OBEs and APs.

Part II: ii. Using the Beat.

OK. Now you have decided that you want to listen to the 4.0 Hz. bineural beat and you want to OBE.

So what now?

Well, I will be honest. OBEing on bineurals is still VERY hard for someone new to it. You CANNOT just listen to the bineurals passivley, you need to be intent to OBE and you need to be extremely relaxed. If you have things on your mind, don't bother. You wont get very far. Drowsieness at best.

But, if you are relaxed, clear minded and ready, then you may proceed. The next steps may take a while to get a hang of no matter how simple they sound.

1. Relax
2. Start program
3. If you cannot empty mind completely, then focus on breathing.
4. At this point the vibrations would have started. Proceed to step 5
5. Now continually try to deepen the vibrations
6. "POP" out! If you can deepen the vibrations deep enough, it really is that simple! You (well for me at least) feel the vibrations, and you literally feel like you are thrown out! Good fun

[edit on 17/4/05 by ivanglam]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
These are a few sites that deal with the OOBE subject. I have liked the information given at these places......many differant tecniques and pathways OUT of body...

www.v-j-enterprises.com...
Treatise on Astral Projection - Part 1 - Robert Bruce

www.pinkstartech.com...
Hypnosis for Out of Body Experiences (OoBE)

www.monroeinstitute.org...
Monroe Institute...this is RObert Monroe's site I recomend this place.....

www.crystalinks.com...
Astral Projection

www.astralpulse.com...
Learn Astral Projection,Out of Body Experiences and Astral travel at the Astral Pulse

www.worldofalternatives.com...
Instant Projection to the astral plane

www.erowid.org...
Erowid '___' Vault The '___' Experience, an excerpt from Food of the Gods, by Terence McKenna

jordanmaxwell.com...
Astro Theologybody....spiritualguidancetarot.com...
freepsychicskillsbook.pdf (application/pdf Object)

www.xehupatl.com...://www.astralsociety.com/
Astral Society, Astral Projection, Spiritual Discussion and Information Resources

www.astralvoyage.com...://astraldynamics.com/
astraldynamics.com

www.astralsociety.com...
Astral Society, Astral Projection, Spiritual Discussion and Information Resources

www.mysticweb.org...: Esoteric, Mystical and Spiritual online classes, with techniques for Self Knowledge, Astral Travel, Spiritual Development and more.www.crystalinks.com...

www.kundaliniyoga.org...
KUNDALINI YOGA - Try our FREE On-Line Training for Beginners - You'll be Amazed!

[edit on 27-5-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I hope those links are helpfull.

Amazing how much free info is available...but this is a BIG world and a vast internet....so maybe these few links are not as MANY as I would like to think.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A while back i was contacted by BlackGuardXIII, after he saw this project and he wanted to know if his experience was of any relivance. I asked him to write it up propperly and i was very impressed and touched by his experience that i am posting it.

This is the U2U reply back to BlackGuardXIII and his reply, neither has been altered or edited.

Greetings,
I just want to introduce myself, my name is lee. Your storie is quite interesting and i would love to hear more details about the situation.

Is it possible for you to write it up? or you could pass some more details on to me and i oculd write it up. Because i would love to post this on The Astral Projection and Astral Plane Research Project.

Thanks in advance

Blessed Be

I am very pressed for time now, but I will try to attach a story of our relationship, and get back to you tonight. This is not up to date, she is still improving and Sunday was a good day.
Love and Light
Ken

Our 1st date was Dec.13 2003, we're 13 years apart in age, she was 26 (13 * 2), I was 39 (13 * 3). Though we were together only 3 months, there was a Friday the 13th in there. When I asked her age she told me to guess, & I said "I bet I moved off Vanc. Isle (she was born there) before you were born", ( I moved when I was 13 years old). She asked when I moved, I said July 2, 77, she was born July 10, 77. My mom, Elna's birthday, July 13. My mom died the night of Mar. 20, at the age of 52 (13 * 4), Eileen was hit the morning of Mar. 19. Our moms both died from chronic alcoholism. That night the urge to find Eileen & befriend her came over me with such
urgency that I knew I had to. The impulse to make sure I found her that night & do whatever I could to make sure we became friends was overwhelming, & unique. I'd never had anything come over me like that before. I refused to hit on her, being friends was too important. We both tried to hide our strong feelings. We'd only spoken 6 times in 1 ½ years, each too shy to say how we felt, & both sure the other wouldn't be interested. The need to find her that night was something I wondered
about a lot fterwards, & told her about it many times before her injury. Our time together was like we were on a mission to spend every second together. We both practically feared being apart. I told her many times that I'd enjoyed the short time we'd been together more than all 39 years before, & that if something happened tomorrow, like she decided to walk out, I would not regret a second of our time together. She was constantly worried I'd change my mind about her. If she didn't know where I was sometimes she'd panic, & it would take me half an hour to calm her down, she was so worried.. We both acted like we had no time to waste, & talked about how we could not imagine anything keeping us apart. We both assured each other practically daily that come what may we were going to do whatever it took to stay together, no matter what. So, although we both felt this incredible love we were sure nothing could tear apart, we both worried about something happening, & talked about it a lot. She said she'd never felt like she was at home before she moved in with me. I told her the day she moved in that every single thing was half hers, including the actual condo. & that I meant even if she moved out the next day. She said she would never take a thing, & was always giving me little gifts. We shared many synchronicities each day. It was a 90 day waking fantasy. We couldn't get enough of each other, & were working on how we could be together 24/7. I didn't sleep much at all for that 3 months. I constantly wrote her poems, 15 in 3 months, when I'd written 4 or 5 for my ex in 5 years. I've had more dreams with Eileen in them in 5 months than in 5 years with my ex. & the 1st one was about the end of the world, yet we were both content to lie on the grass & gaze into each others eyes as the Earth's atmosphere dissipated into space. She said I was like a mirror to her. We agreed on so many things, it was a challenge to find differences, & we spent a lot of time trying to find things we differed on. She likes liver & peas, I don't. I like spicy food. She's afraid of heights, I'm not. We tried to find more but that's all I recall. I must've asked her 100 questions the 1st month, as they came to me, where my ex & I differed. We agreed on every one. We both had fantasies we'd wanted to fulfill for many years, & we did. It was not like real life. It was too good. I think that's what worried us both. We'd hold each other & both cry some nights we were so insecure. I said yes without a pause when she proposed, I didn't have to think. & having a woman propose to me was something I'd hoped for all my life, so of course it was her that did it. We both used to get drunk at lunch time in grade 6. How many kids do you know that did that? There were a million things like that. We were both beyond each other's dream partner. The 1st night she stayed over, I had the best sleep I'd had in memory, which I needed
since I didn't sleep much after that. We were both trying to outlove the other, discreetly, of course. She amazes me every day still. When she let me know her feelings were more than friendship, I was already ahead of my goal. Yet each day she'd do something else that made me love her more. Today it was sitting up in bed so that for the 1st time in 9 weeks I could hold her in my arms. We both constantly thought about what we could do & did whatever we could do for each other. & that was all we wanted to do. About 4 days after the accident, I opened the closet where all my climbing & hiking, snowshoeing gear is, which is always just a big pile, & it was all organized. That broke my heart. We were never angry at each other for more than half an hour, & then it was like nothing had happened the next moment. I wondered why none of my other ex's & I could not do that. She knew EXACTLY what made me happiest, cuz usually the same thing made her happiest. We talked with our eyes, or in perfect stereo many times a day. We'd say the same thing in the same words, at the same speed, same tone, at the exact same time, or a fraction of a second off. At 1st it bugged us both. We didn't dare show sadness cuz we knew the other would instantly feel the same. We were very protective of each other, looking out for each other like you would a baby, from our 1st date we were like that. I know she'd have taken a bullet for me, & was practically eager to, I could see it, & besides I was ready to do the same. We both could not say I love you enough times a day, & never got tired of hearing it. She'd unlock & open the car door for me. We both never missed a you're welcome or a bless you, never mind a thank you. She's the only person more vigilantly polite than me I've met. We're both gentle, yet we've both been in many fights, & are both pretty tough. I saw how serious she became the second she knew someone was bothering me. I was the
same, ready to take on the world at a moments notice. There was a constant underlying sense of urgency in our relationship; we acted like we were trying to meet a deadline every day. The day she got hit, my bike broke down 200 yards before where she was hit. A piece of aluminum as thick around as my thumb snapped off like nothing. Practically came off in my hands. She said I should walk my bike up to the gas station & she'd get her friend to come pick me up.It was only 200 yards ahead, but I said I would rather just walk my bike back home 1 1/2 miles in the rain instead, As she rode off she called out " Love You!", & I called back " I Love You!"
both of our voices echoed off the buildings. I am glad I didn't see the car hit her. We both loved each other as we were, unconditionally, & didn't expect or require the other to change in any way. We were both motivated to find out what we could change about ourselves to please the other, & then did it. We were totally at ease & comfortable together that 1st night like we'd been best friends all our lives. It felt right, like we belonged together and had finally reunited after a very long absence. We knew each other that well, that soon. When the ambulance went by me as I walked my bike home I thought `I sure hope that's not for her', then thought nah it couldn't be. She had been hit by a pick up truck four blocks up that same road two years ago, & almost died. It didn't make the corner & came up on the sidewalk, & if it hadn't hit a lamppost would have killed her. She had broken ribs, a broken hip, & other injuries. Witnesses called her the miracle girl. That was why I felt sure it could not be for her. Just as I have seen so
many times before, when I'm absolutely certain, & would argue it to the death, I'm wrong. Pride goeth before a fall. Yesterday, May 30th, Eileen said `hi' & then was saying hi to everyone who entered the room. She is now like a strong, 100 pound baby, & is rapidly healing. I am so proud of her. I call this a miracle. I have had at least half a dozen premonition dreams. Two days ago, I remembered a dream I had over 8 years ago, (5+ years before I met Eileen) where I was in a department store with the Fresh Prince & I held a black baby girl in my arms, I asked Will Smith if she was his & he laughed & said no. I wondered who's baby she was, & when I looked into her eyes I saw crystal snowflake things that were sparkling. She then spoke to me, & I thought to myself that this baby is special, babies don't talk. I never understood what that dream meant. Eileen has the most incredible dark brown eyes I have ever seen. Scary there is so much power in there. My girlfriend at the time I had the dream is black, same as the baby, & now Eileen, my partner, my fiancee, is like a baby, & when she said her first words last Friday night, it hit me. I no longer wonder. Ken June 6th, Eileen is improving quickly, although she disagrees, & shakes her head when I tell her so. tonight she said many words, "more, please, yes, no, juice, candy, pudding( pretty slurred but recognizable,) & F___ off! which was recognizable by her one finger salute to go with it. Two things that stood out the most, she said what I thought was I love you, so I asked if that was what she said & she said yes. I told her she has a long hard battle ahead of her, & she said yes. I said, but you decided to come back anyways didn't you?, & she said yes. I asked why baby why?, & she said 'For you.' Ken June 11th: Well, Wednesday night I went to see Eileen & said I love you like I always do, but this time she answered back, I love you twice, & then said kiss kiss. We hac a great visit, but it didn't end well. I have been giving her juice & pop, against the therapists orders. No thin fluids, she might choke. I have been doing it every night for two weeks, & sure she does have a hard time with swallowing, but that is why she wants to practice so much. Five days after I started giving her juice, they posted the now juice rule, & I was not happy, cuz she wants juice, so I kept giving it to her...Until wed. night. A nurse reported me, after trying to convince Eileen that she couldn' swallow yet. To which Eileen responded, yes I can. the nurse asked if we knew better than the doctor & Eileen said yes, I said, I have seen Eileen every day for 83 days, the doctor hasn't, so the nurse aslked Eileen, do you think Ken knows more than the doctor, & she said yes. She left the room & went & called security on me. Just before I left Eileen asked me to get a nurse ,s she could be changed. I went & told the nurse, & she said I a had better get going sinc the guards will be making their rounds soon. I went & told Eileen she called securiky on me. THe guard showed up & I had to go. Eileen kept saying no wait a minute. That nurse really upset Eileen that night, & I will not forget. A friend who has had astral contact with Eileen all the way from Texas emailed me that night, Eileen is crying, a night nurse is abusing her, she is very sad. I didn't sleep all night, & called the floor twice & had them check on her. Yesterday, I asked her how her night was, No good, she said, why not? they're mean!, who? nurse. mean to me. you stay here. but I could not. so I have filed a
complaint, & set up some meetings to get this dealt with. Tonight she said the same, take me home, stay here tonight with me, don't go... I can't... The guard that escorted me out didn't even recognize me one day later. I passed her in the stairs, she said how are you? Well, I didn't get kicked out I said. Why would you, she asked? Once i reminded her that 24 hours earlier she'd escorted me out for giving my fiancee juice, she remembered. Today she said 'see the ducks in the park.', & I said sure when you get better. But she shook her head and said it again, with wide eyes, as though I was missing something. She said it three times and then dropped it. That night I got home and checked my email and an online friend in Portland (250 miles south of here) emailed me to ask if Eileen mentioned going to see the ducks in the park with her, because she had been at the park across from her work at lunch feeding the ducks when Eileen showed up in spirit and she really liked watching her feed the ducks. Yes, she did I replied. Eileen spoke to me two weeks ago, clear as a bell, though she was a mile away in her hospital bed, as I was typing out some of my dreams, and asked me if I remembered the dream about us finding a wheelchair in front of the Red Apple Grocery, & me lifting her into it, but I didn't remember. Still, I think the fact that I heard her talk to me is the main thing. & she has visited a woman across the country, at work, to talk to her
about me. I asked Eileen if she went & visited someone at work & she said yes. Is she nice, I asked. Yes. Now I really do believe her. I always did like that kind of thing though. She wanted me to take her to the bathroom tonight so I carried her from her bed into the bathroom but there was no way I could do all the maneuvers required, so we just hugged for a while & I saw that she can stand up for brief moments.
Ken
I had a dream that had the name White Bear in it & could not remember anything else, so i thought is must be significant, but couldnt figure it out. 3 weeks later on another site, i went to the This day in Native History board, & looked up the day Eileen got hurt. The Native Legend posted for that day, March 19, 04 is called " The White faced Bear", cool eh? June 22nd: Eileen said the name Mike at least 5 times, & I did not know why. That night i had a really good chat with a member whose name, I found out later, is Mike. I had not met him before. July 4: Well, I am so glad that they have moved Eileen out of the hospital, as the nurses there called security on me four times. After the juice incident, I was caught laying on her bed with my arm around her, & her resting her head on my shoulder. Of course we
were fully clothed & in full view of three other beds at the time. The policy there was, call security first, ask questions later. If a nurse had even suggested I should not hold my fiancee in my arms as it was against the rules I would have been up in a flash, but no, security had to come. Then security kicked me out 15 mins. past visiting hours, when other nurses let me stay two hours past. The final security breech was to wheel Eileen in her wheel chair across the street. Though we used the crosswalk, & I was watching the vehicles like a hawk guarding its babies, it was a Big mistake, I should have known.I am one of those idiot savants I think, definitely idiot savant, but only on the driveway. My brother calls me rainman. After four security encounters I was shell shocked, so boy am I happy she is out
of there. I did some research into names the last few days & came upon more coincidences. I mentioned Eileen's b'day is 3 days before my mom's & she was hit 11 years less 1 day after my mom died. Well my mom;s name was Elna, & when I looked it up on a name website, they had no meaning for it, but suggested other names to try, & of course Eileen was one of them. Next I looked up the name Seena. My grandma had a baby girl a month after I was born & named her Seena. They had no meaning for that name either. Now this is a stretch, but it is true. Eileen told me she did not like her name. SO I asked if she knew that Eileen was Shania Twain's real name. She was happy to hear that. Guess what suggested name came up for Seena? Shania. Seena died of sids at six months, & our families only pics of her are of me & her laying side by side on a bed. Each time I see those pics I feel lucky to be here. Blessings all. Ken What is it that you fear the most?

Oh ya, the most important point about Eileen's brain injury. Some time in the weeks before her brain injury we talked about what the worst thing that could happen to us was, and agreed that it would be if one of us got a serious brain injury, and also agreed that that was the only thing we both feared.

Coincidence? If not, that is some seriously personalized work by Spirit, and I'd be lying to say it is totally accepted by me. Ken

Thanks to BlackGuardXIII (Ken) for letting us display his experience.

[edit on 27/7/2005 by wyatt43]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here's a summary of Astral and the realm of Hyperspace.

In the physical universe, in this current reality, the universe is in the shape of a toroid within a toroid within a toroid, going into eternity. This way the shape of the universe has not beginning nor end.

Here's how the universe looks like:

www.scienceofcompassion.com...

What this composes of are 3 realms in the physical universe. The 'emptiness' inside the toroids are physical reality. The walls of the toroid is the Astral realm, and the 'hole' in the toroid is called Hyperspace.

ASTRAL:

The astral realm is not really a safe place to be in. In the lower levels of the astral realms, there are negative entities that occupy this space. As well as secret government control. Going into the astral is dangerous, and you can become 'trapped'. Eventually the body dieing due to being 'away' from the body for so long.

The higher levels of the astral are very similar to physical reality with laws of physics still apply yet different in ways unknown. In the higher levels of the astral, the soul enters this realm at point of death. The soul of the person then looks at the events that passed through the current lifestream. It then decides whether it needs to experience physical reality again, to re-incarnate on earth or elsewhere to further experience.

HYPERSPACE
Hyperspace is the realm of god-mind. This realm consists of colours/tones/archetypes and is pure energy. It has no time nor space. Your pineal gland is in constant communication with Hyperspace. When you sleep, your mind experiences Hyperspace, yet the left brain before waking doesn't understand 'no space or time' or what the symbols/colours/tones represents so it forms a pictographic view of its experience.

Hyperspace is also the realm where the USS Eldridge of the Philedelphia project went to.

Hyperspace entry can be achieved simply by doing simple mental exercises. Its not an OBE experience, you are still in physical reality and experience physical reality when entering hyperspace, but you will receive remarkable information if you do the right things.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have been working personally with this. I have learned one thing that is so VERY KEY to bringing the correct vibrational state to yourself....

~~you MUST have a ~lax jaw~ and you MUST ~breath out of your mouth~~this is A MUST!

I am not a mouth breather normally, so forcing myself to do this was difficult but it has changed ~EVERYTHING~ for me in reaching OOBE intentionally........

I believe it is VERY safe.
Others also say this also....the ney sayers are non experiancers......

The only negative issues you can encounter out of body are emotional ones.....you can NOT be physically harmed when you are not in the physicall plain and simple. The only real harm is in breaking down the barriers of your own belief system bit by bit, as you learn things you thought were a fact just are not so true......you get your ego/feelings hurt, not you physical body.

You can return at will.....at ANY moment....
You only THINK of your body and BLAM you go right back to it......this is why many suggest you unhook your telephone, turn off the TV and avoid all distractions. It is to keep you from RUSHING back if a TV show you like starts and your somewhat aware of it, or if the phone rings.....

Once you've opened the door for yourself to this experiance you can learn to bring it on quite quickly. So I am inclined to believe all the SILENCE is not about getting you into said state, its about allowing yourself to remain there without rushing back to your body for you to be able to answer the door.......you need time to aclimate to this new enviroment and explore........hence all the cautionary words of making sure you won't be bothered.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
sent: 8-2-2006 at 07:42 PM
Hi,

I just read your post in the AP project thread and I have a little comment about this part.

(TRG)
The only negative issues you can encounter out of body are emotional ones.....you can NOT be physically harmed when you are not in the physicall plain and simple. The only real harm is in breaking down the barriers of your own belief system bit by bit, as you learn things you thought were a fact just are not so true......you get your ego/feelings hurt, not you physical body.

While I agree your not going to be physically harmed, or "lose" your body etc.. But I don't believe you can call it perfectly safe.

While your physical body is perfectly safe, your mind is wide open to many dangers. For example someone who is unprepared, or just goofing around with AP might encounter something that could literary scare them out of their mind and leave them unable to function in the physical world. The result might be anything from something like post traumatic stress syndrome to full blown psychosis.

Now there are many theories about what the astral plane really is, everything from all in your mind to a "real" place. But in any case what your mind sees is real to the mind (that's why your body shuts down when your dreaming.. it prevents injury), and thus you could suffer the same problems someone who encounters something extremely stressfull in the "real world."

And a danger that is less extreme.. I have been traveling in the astral for many years and I'm sure some of the things I have seen could be interpreted as god's, demons, heaven, hell and all points in between. Now if someone again who wasn't prepared for it AP's there is a good chance that some of the random things they encounter might lead them astray from whatever belief system they have off to err... la la land.

In the lower astral planes you can encounter "entities" that while they are not negative, are truly neutral in nature. Personally I would describe them as random even if I'm not sure what I mean when I say that. An encounter with these guys can lead someone to put FAR too much importance on what they have experienced and lead them away from whatever their higher calling is or at the very least cause them to waste a lot of time over something that is going nowhere. This could be anything from someone having God tell them to do this and that. to someone encountering something and making IT their god.
Thanks Cug
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found this insightfull, informative and worthy of adding to our research thread.
I have asked Cug for permission to copy/paste his u2u to me, here in this forum, for this was the very catalyst to write such a u2u to me...
..Maybe Wyatt will ask him to join us, for he has genuine insight on this topic IMHO.

Thank you Cug for allowing me to share this with all the readers.

TRG

[edit on 8-2-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

Cug

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Introduction

Most of the information on astral projection I will be posting comes from my personal research and experimentation. They are the techniques taught by the Western Esoteric tradition with some Yoga thrown in.

Astral projection (AP) and out of body experiences (OOBE), are they the same?

These two terms are often used interchangeably but they are two separate things that are somewhat related.

Out of body experiences - An OOBE is a spontaneous separation of ones consciousness from the body so that you can perceive things in the world around you. An OOBE requires no conscious action on the part of the person that experiences it. Many times it can be the result of an extremely stressful situation. For example there have been cases of children who have been physically abused that report at times they watched the abuse from a third person point of view. The same thing has happened to rape victims.

Another form of OOBE is often reported by those who are pronounced clinically dead yet still recovered. In these cases the person is suddenly floating above their body and are witness to the events that are happening around their body. Many times these experiences also include trips to places reported as Heaven or in some cases Hell.

Sometimes OOBE's start from a dream state and may be an advanced form of lucid dreaming (A dream where you can control your actions). *More research needed here*

Astral projection - AP is a willed separation of one's "body of light" or astral body from the physical body into the astral plane. The things in the astral that one perceives can be similar to (but not exactly like) the physical world to things/places that look or behave nothing like the physical world.

Next part:
What is the Astral Plane and why do you want to go there?

Cug

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What is the Astral Plane and what is there?

The astral plane is not a physical plane. in other words it's not made of matter like the worldly plane that we all are familiar with. The astral plane is made up of thoughts and thought forms, or if you will energy.

Dion Fortune on the makeup of the astral plane.

...only a very small pro-portion of the existing mind-stuff of the universe whatever that may be, is organised into the brains and nervous systems of Sentient creatures. The vast mass of what, for want of a better name, we call mind-stuff, because that is its nearest analogy among known things, is free moving upon what occultists call the astral plane, organised into forms within itself, but not necessarily attached to matter. Different occultists refer to this free mind-stuff by different names. Mme Blavatsky calls it Akasha; Eliphas Levi calls it the reflecting ether. Netzach represents the force aspect, and Hod the form aspect of this Akasha.

The Mystical Qabalah - Dion Fortune pg 149

Franz Bardon on the makeup of the astral plane.

The astral plane, often designated as the fourth dimension, has not been created out of the four elements**, but it is a density-degree of the akasa principle, consequently of all that up to now, I the material world occurred, is actually occurring and will occur, and has its origin, regulation and existence. As said before, akasa in its most subtle form is the ether, well known to all of us, in which, amongst other vibrations, electric as well as magnetic ones are propagating. Consequently this vibration-sphere is the origin of light, sound, colour , rhythm, and life in all tings created. As akasa is the origin of all existing things, all that ever was produced, is being produced and will be produced in the future is reflected in it. Therefore, in the astral plane there is to be seen an emanation of the eternal, having neither a beginning nor an end, as it is timeless and spaceless. The adept who sees his way about this plane may find everything here, no matter if the point in question be in the past, the present or the future. How far this perception will reach depends on the degree of his perfection.

Initiation into Hermentics - Franz Bardon part I chapter 12

** The four elements Bardon is referring to are the four classical elements; Earth, Air, Fire and Water.

One thing to note about the astral plan is every individual has their own version of it. The major features are the same, but the details will change.

Every Magician possesses an Astral Universe peculiar to himself, just as no man's experience of the world is coterminous with that of another. There will be a general agreement on the main points, of course; and so the Master Therion** is able to describe the principal properties of these "planes", and their laws, just as he might write a geography giving an account of the Five Continents, the Oceans and Seas, the most notable mountains and rivers; he could not pretend to put forth the whole knowledge that any one peasant possesses in respect of his district. But, to the peasant, these petty details are precisely the most important items in his daily life...

Magick in Theory and Practice, Appendix III Notes for an Astral Atlas - Aleister Crowley

** Crowley is referring to himself.

Entities you might meet in the astral

The first group are intelligent beings.

The first type of entity in the astral is of course humans (well their astral bodies at least).

The second type is the formally human.. in other words ghosts.

The next type are the elementals. entity's consisting of pure forms of the four element. The elementals are:

sylphs - air
salamanders - fire
gnomes - earth
nymphs or undines - water.

The Devas - Are the angels, ascended masters, perfected humans, enlightened ones, gods and goddesses they go by many names depending on the culture.

The next group are the artificial entities.

Thought-forms formed unconsciously. These can take many forms so I'll try and describe some example thought forms.

Say your traveling in a plane that is like our world (TODO Describe the diffrent levels of the astral). your outside your house and you see your neighbors walking down the street pushing a baby carrage. But wait! they don't have any children, and you know they are having problems conceiving. What you are seeing (the baby) is the thought-form they created by their intense desire, prayers, etc.. for a baby. (BTW you can now predict they will have a baby soon, everything at this level will manifest in our world if it's formed with enough "force".)

Another kind is formed by intense emotion, love, hate, joy, anger, etc.. They are not much problem when your actively traveling. But like the ghosts they do intrude into the worldly plane and are what causes strange emotions that seem to come out of knowhere.

OK one more, this next type is an artificial entities that you create without knowing. These can be tricky as you created them so they will be exactly what your were looking for. but they offer nothing in value. (These are the ones I mentioned in my PM to TRG that can lead you astray when your looking for the Devas.)

Now we get to the thought-forms that you create on purpose. These you can charge to do tasks and the like for you.

Next:
The diffrent levels of the Astral, and how to get there.

::edited to add::

I forgot one thing about the entities in the astral plane. Once you make a connection with the astral it's pretty much there for good**. There are ways to lessen it but you will see some pretty strange things in your day to day life. If you see a ufo, bigfoot, gnomes, ghosts, demons, angels, whatever, If no one else saw it, you have to chalk it up to your connection with the astral before you even think of another explanation.

** this effect will lessen as time passes from your last astral event, you will slowly lose the connection.

[edit on 2/10/2006 by Cug]

top topics

join